• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Genesis Knight said:
As long as "everyone" means less than 4 players. I swear, Battlefield is the shittiest game of its type for groups playing together, even when it's working right.

You should find that interview where the DICE guy explains their thought process for the system... I kind of just sat there with a blank stare on my face. Followed soon after by an overwhelming rush of "What!?"

I get why they keep four man squads... I think it makes sense for game balancing. But you should be able to link the squads into one party. Keeps everyone together and maintains the game balancing (as it relates to spawning). But DICE will never do this. Listen to that interview, they appear completely clueless.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm OCD about finishing SP before multiplayer and it's killing me with this. I really want to jump into MP but I need to finish SP first. At least the campaign is actually pretty good. It's been a pleasant surprise. I'm almost done so I'll be on this afternoon/tonight.

@Evolved1, so if you've got 8 people to play together, I guess you just form 2 squads and coordinate joining a fairly empty server? But you'll definitely get split up...

Evolved1

Genesis Knight said:
@Evolved1, so if you've got 8 people to play together, I guess you just form 2 squads and coordinate joining a fairly empty server? But you'll definitely get split up...

Right. What I'm saying is have the ability to link the individual four-man squads into one "party" and join matches without being split up.

So maybe you have to wait a couple mins for the other side to fill before the game starts... so what? Far less wasted time than trying to coordinate with how this are now.

At the very least... do not break up a four man squad! What the hell? That's like insult to injury.

edit: PS3 platoon accept my request!

Miggytronz

RoboPlato said:
I'm OCD about finishing SP before multiplayer and it's killing me with this. I really want to jump into MP but I need to finish SP first. At least the campaign is actually pretty good. It's been a pleasant surprise. I'm almost done so I'll be on this afternoon/tonight.

Finish the SP. MP you know will be great.

Miggytronz

I sent this PM to Dreamgazer to add to the OP for us........................

Heres my official guide on how to join with 4+ in 1 game. (using PS3 Images)

-First have the "leader" or someone go to Multiplayer->Server browser
Screen-Shot-2011-10-23-at-11.27.40-AM-620x387.png

-Then Click in right stick to get to the Filter screen.
Screen-Shot-2011-10-23-at-11.28.14-AM-620x387.png

-Once in the Filter page only have selected; The game MODE you want, PRESET you want, and select all the US SERVERS.
Screen-Shot-2011-10-23-at-11.28.56-AM-600x375.png

-hit B or O to back out back to the Server Browser screen.

-Click Refresh, X or [] .

-now starting from the last page (move your stick to the left) and search for FULL CONNECTION servers with 0/24 players.

This is where is will differentiate between PS3 and XBOX.................

PS3 users remember the server # your going to be playing on. Thats the Number your friends can search for using the SEARCH function and join your game right away.

XBOX users can either use the same steps as the PS3 users or go ahead and Join that server you want to get into, once in send a INVITE PARTY TO GAME (assuming your in a party chat room, which you should be) and everyone will be on your team.

I'm going to try that Friday.

For <4 people, I assume just make a squad and go together? The way squads keep on getting split is just a bug?

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Application sent to PS3 gaf platoon. BC2 vet and all...

Noisepurge is playing atm so it might be a while. I'm waiting too.

Hurry up I wanna see stats! haha

Miggytronz

Genesis Knight said:
I'm going to try that Friday.

For <4 people, I assume just make a squad and go together? The way squads keep on getting split is just a bug?

Ive yet to try it with a 4 squad already in toe.

What i did last night with 6 friends was we were all in party chat. I entered the 0/24 server and sent INVITE PARTY TO GAME request, we all got put on 1 team and just had to wait a bit for the opposing team to filter in and it was game on.

todahawk

Evolved1 said:
Noisepurge is playing atm so it might be a while. I'm waiting too.

Hurry up I wanna see stats! haha

Yeah, I probably don't want to see stats for a bit. :(

BTW, I'll be on after lunch, sick kid FTW!

Evolved1

Now the game is locking up my console... smh.

edit: this has happened now 3x. i'm starting to get worried.

todahawk

Evolved1 said:

Locked up on me once last night and then was fine. BC2 was odd about that too. Random times?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Evolved1 said:

It happened to me once when I moved too fast into a checkpoint before it had time to stream in data properly. It's been fine since then.

olimpia84 said:
I've been saying that since the beginning, jets are the most useless addition to the MP. I much rather have people down in the ground helping cap flags and go for the objective than flying in circles and chasing other planes. They should have just left the jets for SP.

spent a good amount of time with the jets so far, and they're not that helpful. Better off being on the ground in this game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
computers putin' said:
spent a good amount of time with the jets so far, and they're not that helpful. Better off being on the ground in this game.

You say that, but ATG bombs will mess up tanks and all other ground vehicles.

olimpia84

Atruvius said:
Have the voice chat issues from the beta fixed in the PS3 version. Voice Chat didn't work for me and my friends in the beta. We could talk in main menu but in match we couldn't, even if we were in the same squad.

It works but the quality is pretty bad. For some reason voices break/get cut very often so it's hard to communicate at some points. This hardly ever happened in BC2 so I don't understand how can they go one step back =/

Marvie_3

Banned
olimpia84 said:
I've been saying that since the beginning, jets are the most useless addition to the MP. I much rather have people down in the ground helping cap flags and go for the objective than flying in circles and chasing other planes. They should have just left the jets for SP.
Agree with this. I fucking hate having to cap flags by myself because everyone is flying around doing nothing or sitting at the spawn waiting for the jets to spawn.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is Battlelog available only for those who own the game? Cus i cant log in.

1 - 2 more weeks

Miggytronz

Marvie_3 said:
Agree with this. I fucking hate having to cap flags by myself because everyone is flying around doing nothing or sitting at the spawn waiting for the jets to spawn.

This is why i play rush.

Evolved1 said:
You should find that interview where the DICE guy explains their thought process for the system... I kind of just sat there with a blank stare on my face. Followed soon after by an overwhelming rush of "What!?"

I get why they keep four man squads... I think it makes sense for game balancing. But you should be able to link the squads into one party. Keeps everyone together and maintains the game balancing (as it relates to spawning). But DICE will never do this. Listen to that interview, they appear completely clueless.
i mean, BC2 wasn't perfect, but it was leagues ahead of this. it only auto-balanced lone wolves and didn't split up squads or shift squads over.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Faceless Master said:
i believe it's set up that way by design. it's a PC game ported to Console and PC gamers apparently like that 'feature'...

They like NOT being on the same team with their friends? Wat?

Mikasangelos said:
This is why i play rush.

I prefer CQ, but I love domination type game types. I actually find teamwork WORSE in Rush and snipers piss me off more.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
computers putin' said:
but the jets aren't an option against infantry at all, and that's what matters most.

No, but they are dominant over all other air, and then with bombs they are dominant against tanks. The things jets dominate dominate infantry. It's all about filling a roll.

So ultimately, jets are there to protect infantry from other vehicles.

Evolved1

What a joke these servers and squad system are. And matchmaking... wow.

Want Caspian Conquest? Ok... here's Metro Rush. And for added effect we put your fiends on the other team. lolz.

I'm getting constant disconnects too. And the hard locks I mentioned earlier. Game is a mess.

Alienshogun said:
They like NOT being on the same team with their friends? Wat?

I prefer CQ, but I love domination type game types. I actually find teamwork WORSE in Rush and snipers piss me off more.
friends?

they like auto-balance because it keeps the teams of strangers even.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why are you using Matchmaking, seriously?

I've been using the server browser from the start and have had no issues getting what I want out of it. "OMG SERVER FULL"/back out. "OMG JOINING SERVER."

Simple. And the way online should be.

Also Noise: That Metro game was hilariously awful. I play the motion mine drop in choke points and BING BING BING BING BING everyone up while trying to plug holes. What happens? EVERYONE COMES TO PLUG THE HOLE INSTEAD OF HAVING AN EVEN DISTRIBUTION OF PEOPLE ON THE MAP.

So I run to the other hole and NOPE.avi enemy is already there and arming the crate. SMH.

And SMH at going to the last set and having to face three people because everyone else is on the otherside of the map.

As is asking for ammo and health while fighting a meatgrinding area. NOPE.AVI I CAN'T GIVE YOU THAT!

WTF I smash select begging randoms for ammo and health and they're all "DERP WHATS THAT!?" ignoring. SMH.

And I still can't get 3rd in MVP. I keep getting 2nd or 1st or 4th. Never third. :lol

And I need to REALLY start to get the helicopter and jet unlocks but I can't fly the helicopter worth shit since they've changed the BC2 controls.

TheSeks said:

I've been using the server browser from the start and have had no issues getting what I want out of it. "OMG SERVER FULL"/back out. "OMG JOINING SERVER."

Simple. And the way online should be.

Also Noise: That Metro game was hilariously awful. I play the motion mine drop in choke points and BING BING BING BING BING everyone up while trying to plug holes. What happens? EVERYONE COMES TO PLUG THE HOLE INSTEAD OF HAVING AN EVEN DISTRIBUTION OF PEOPLE ON THE MAP.

So I run to the other hole and NOPE.avi enemy is already there and arming the crate. SMH.

And SMH at going to the last set and having to face three people because everyone else is on the otherside of the map.

As is asking for ammo and health while fighting a meatgrinding area. NOPE.AVI I CAN'T GIVE YOU THAT!

WTF I smash select begging randoms for ammo and health and they're all "DERP WHATS THAT!?" ignoring. SMH.

And I still can't get 3rd in MVP. I keep getting 2nd or 1st or 4th. Never third. :lol

And I need to REALLY start to get the helicopter and jet unlocks but I can't fly the helicopter worth shit since they've changed the BC2 controls.
the 2nd MVP eluded me for a few games... i kept getting 1st or 3rd.

i use the server browser to get into conquest games with jets... wanna actually unlock flares and rockets...

Alienshogun said:
No, but they are dominant over all other air, and then with bombs they are dominant against tanks. The things jets dominate dominate infantry. It's all about filling a roll.

So ultimately, jets are there to protect infantry from other vehicles.

Infantry can protect itself from vehicles.

I'm just saying you give up more than you gain by getting in a jet. You certainly take out armor quicker in a jet, and being able to kill off decent pilots is a plus. But giving up the option to engage infantry or capture objective is giving up too much imo. I dunno, maybe seeing someone who's great in a jet will change my mind.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mikasangelos said:
For those who have logged in a multiplayer game.
Oh thanks bud!

surefire1982 said:
Yeah, i was only able to access it once I booted up my PS3 copy.
Hangestuzan!! I mean thanks for the info!

TheSeks

I can't even kill anything with the jets or helicopters because there is no missiles auto-equipped and you have to get lucky with infantry. Otherwise it's a chore fighting other aircraft with the machine guns. :/

Also I've noticed in the Battlelog that supressors for shotguns are DICE Employee marked only. WTF DICE? I want my boom stick to be silent while one shotting people in Metro's tunnel. >:|

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
computers putin' said:
Infantry can protect itself from vehicles.

I'm just saying you give up more than you gain by getting in a jet. You certainly take out armor quicker in a jet, and being able to kill off decent pilots is a plus. But giving up the option to engage infantry or capture objective is giving up too much imo. I dunno, maybe seeing someone who's great in a jet will change my mind.

Like I said, it's about filling a roll.

Not everyone needs to be infantry.

Also, sure, infantry can "defend itself" against vehicles. With 3 rpgs to a tank and hope they don't die in the process, OR the jet can fuck the tank in the ass while infantry focuses on other infantry and the OBJ.

TheSeks

Hahaha.

"DICE Dev Team Dog Tag

The wearer of this tag contributed to making of this game.
Times taken from enemies: 1
Last taken from SAYSUTN 8 minutes ago"

WTF. Did I just knife a DICE employee or did they give this out to the public at events or EA people?

Bruiserk

I'll be ready to play around 5 or 6 tonight PST. I'm in the PS3 GAF platoon. If anyone wants to play around that time send me a friend request on PSN and/or battlelog.

The ID's are the same as this one: Bruiserk

EDIT: Just found out I am the top tank driver in the platoon right now. Cool cool cool.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TheSeks said:
Hahaha.

"DICE Dev Team Dog Tag

The wearer of this tag contributed to making of this game.
Times taken from enemies: 1
Last taken from SAYSUTN 8 minutes ago"

WTF. Did I just knife a DICE employee or did they give this out to the public at events or EA people?
Yep, you knifed someone from DICE.

TheSeks

RoboPlato said:
Yep, you knifed someone from DICE.

That's awesome. The dude was just sitting there in the bushes of B for Metro and I just hopped up and knifed him. :lol Deaf ass: 1. DICE: 0. :lol

Evolved1

I am now officially a sick chopper pilot. Let it be known.

TheSeks said:

Also Noise: That Metro game was hilariously awful.

Yeah the Squad mechanics still have some...issues...

Metro map went a little under the rug after a perfect match before it :p

And sorry swiftrunner for taking you on a ride in my first helicopter attempt, i did not plan for that fiery death.

Top Bottom