• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

redhot_

Holy shit @ the Epic Battles servers, just won like 6 or so games in a row.. no one does anything, just people hanging out waiting for choppers and jets.

MrBig

Holy shit @ the Epic Battles servers, just won like 6 or so games in a row.. no one does anything, just people hanging out waiting for choppers and jets.
Me and a squadmate dominated the other base on caspian and just wrecked them using the jets. I even got 3 splatters from people just waiting around on the runway.

redhot_

Me and a squadmate dominated the other base on caspian and just wrecked them using the jets. I even got 3 splatters from people just waiting around on the runway.

Same here, I end up getting right to there first point and think they just all left because i haven't come across many people, but nope they just haven't left there spawn. Then i commence the CITV/guided tank shells on the choppers... There is always that one person that never learns.

Wow, never realized this!

As our BF expert what are your feelings on the new patch Faceless?

Anything you wanted but didn't get addressed in the patch notes?
well, i didn't see anything about them moving the flag cap indicators away from the middle of the screen. or making sure they work properly. or making them blink in the OSD and not just by the minimap. i'll wait and see how most of the changes play out, but i'll miss MAV riding, that's for sure.

oh, just thought of another one... MAV should not be deployable in an area that's out of bounds for the other team. that's way worse than a mortar.

Overdoziz

Banned
well, i didn't see anything about them moving the flag cap indicators away from the middle of the screen. or making sure they work properly. or making them blink in the OSD and not just by the minimap. i'll wait and see how most of the changes play out, but i'll miss MAV riding, that's for sure.
Yeah DICE isn't exactly great at making good UIs. So many simple small things are missing.

MrBig

Do you guys think the changes to guided shell and flares will make noshahr canals more balance?

Are they making it so that you can't lock onto another heli/MAV/anything by using laser designator + guided rockets? I saw a comment about it in the notes but it wasn't clear. It's the only way to actually beat the two little birds as the RU on Canals.

Are they making it so that you can't lock onto another heli/MAV/anything by using laser designator + guided rockets? I saw a comment about it in the notes but it wasn't clear. It's the only way to actually beat the two little birds as the RU on Canals.
they make it sound like you'll only be able to lock ground targets with that now.

JJD

Do you guys think the changes to guided shell and flares will make noshahr canals more balance?

I don't know man. I think guided shells are not considered AA missiles, and won't be affected by flares.

As for flares breaking the laser designator lock I guess you'll still have plenty of time to lock in a little bird due to distance and the fact that guided weapons (missiles or shells) will acquire targets laser designated faster.

The only way to balance that map is removing one of the T-90 from the Russian side (two is overkill!), period.

Or making another LAV or Abrams spawn on Bravo if the americans hold the flag.

That would make Bravo the most important flag for both teams to hold, and it might make the game a little more two sided when two equally competent teams are playing, and it wouldn't change or affect the outcome of the match if one team is much weaker than the other.

Edit: If you can't laser designate an aerial target you might as well scrap that from the game. Guided weapons already lock on ground targets by themselves (except the IGLA and Stinger), the biggest point of the laser and even the SOFLAM is to allow then to lock on air targets as well. :-(

Dabanton

-The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator.

1000s of wannabe snipers just cried.

Waste of a teammate as the guys who did this in most cases never spotted,and were usually bottom three on all maps.

Now lets see if they want to actually get involved in the matches.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So when is this input lag fix coming... with the patch?

Someone pm me for some BF3 when the update drops. I've been missing playing with you guys.

JJD

1000s of wannabe snipers just cried.

Waste of a teammate as the guys who did this in most cases never spotted,and were usually bottom three on all maps.

Now lets see if they want to actually get involved in the matches.

It was more of an annoyance than anything, but in some maps, with intelligent players the MAV escalator could be really useful!

Also, 90% of the places those guys use to camp with the MAV help can be reached by parachuting after spawning of a beacon. You can bet you will still find lots of snipers over buildings and other inaccessible places.

Dabanton

Just had to back out of a Rush match why don't defenders actually defend?

Enemy sets timer.

I Run to defuse and get killed. Rest of team hang back, repeat and rinse.

Evolved1

Well... that was pretty fun. Good games guys.

The epic battles playlist is just what I needed for this game... kinda wish they'd roll in a couple rush variants though. To mix things up a bit.

Still, not having to play metro or any of the infantry maps is very refreshing. Hopefully the patch helps sort out the controls a bit, and with all the needed nerfs, I might start getting back into this.

Majanew

Banned

The epic battles playlist is just what I needed for this game... kinda wish they'd roll in a couple rush variants though. To mix things up a bit.

Still, not having to play metro or any of the infantry maps is very refreshing. Hopefully the patch helps sort out the controls a bit, and with all the needed nerfs, I might start getting back into this.

Not in Epic Battles! Get outta here with that trash! Epic Battles best not be screwed with, DICE already fucked up playing B2K maps only with that Rush garbage.

Evolved1

Not in Epic Battles! Get outta here with that trash! Epic Battles best not be screwed with, DICE already fucked up playing B2K maps only with that Rush garbage.

I appreciate your perspective... they could always make another server and add some Rush maps.

I played EP for a few hours today and it was really fun... but it got a little samey after a while.

JJD

Yeah, I miss playing rush with gaffers too. I could play it with randoms on BC2 no problem, but on BF3 that is just torture.

Sorry about bailing on you guys after winning those games. I was getting really laggy so I joined thn and Olimpia to see if their server was better. And for awhile it was, then lag kicked in pretty hard again. It's getting pretty common unfortunately, I hope Dice fixes this.

Evolved1

I forgot my login info for battlelog... lol.

Add me back to the GAF platoon if there's room. I think I'm going to start playing this again.

Holy shit man!!! :-D

I loved out of bounds tactics on Bad Company 2, but this is just ridiculous, thank God it's going to be patched!

Also, fuck that USAS cheater...I hate people like that.

hey now, out of bounds and out of the map are two different things...

ZOMG! :O

Battlelog login is just your PSN login.

only if you used the same email and password... it can be completely different.

I forgot my login info for battlelog... lol.

Add me back to the GAF platoon if there's room. I think I'm going to start playing this again.
oh snap! i'm almost ready to make a comeback too, only got like 250 kills to go in BC2V for all the golds...

Anyone else's PS3 constantly crash playing this?

everyone's does. it's a DICE game.

Epic Battles needs 5 flag karkand to make it perfect. Can't believe it isn't in the rotation already. Otherwise, the playlist is what I see myself playing most until the new maps drop.

It was more of an annoyance than anything, but in some maps, with intelligent players the MAV escalator could be really useful!
yeah, like MAV up to the roof at Sharqi Rush last set and parachute down to the balcony instead of taking the chokestairs of death or please shoot me ladder...

Also, 90% of the places those guys use to camp with the MAV help can be reached by parachuting after spawning of a beacon. You can bet you will still find lots of snipers over buildings and other inaccessible places.

this too. now people will waste a ticket via suicide to get to 'their spot'

Where would the other two flags be placed?

1st base area on Rush (over the bridge from [A] flag) and the docks between the Airfield and the [C] base.

Top Bottom