• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

BoatAck

Guess it would work, just seems like it'd be chaos. May see if the XBLA trial for 1943 is still up once I get home. I think I remember the trial map being shaped like Wake Island.

The tutorial takes place on Wake Island. I think the trail period can take place on any of the three maps.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I am Tank King.

Worship me fools, Worship me.

That was a very strong round bro... usually I don't get out-tanked too often, but I had no answer for you that match.

Would have been nice if our team was a little better -- I mean at one point we were going 1v1 just blasting each other point blank right next to the bus, and I'm thinking "I got this" but then I see the sparks from like three repair tools coming off the back of your tank and I'm like "I DO NOT HAVE THIS!" bail out while you still can guys I'm so sorry.

hahaha

:(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
stats are gone, any idea guys?

This used to happen on a sunday on bad company 2.
My guess, server cleaning.
-----
Game on
IiW9D.jpg

JJD

Finally unlocked the MK3!

I did it on Gulf of Oman, on the construction site. Saw the flag blinking and spawned there. I noticed the guy prone, hiding below the crane right next to the ladder. Jumped on the jeep and on the machine gun, but I couldn't aim at him due to the angle, I thought well, I'm dead he's gonna kill me before I jump out of the jeep, but no, the guy did nothing.

So I jumped at the drivers seat again, moved the jeep facing him and killed him and another dude I just noticed camping right next to him with the MG. They never even shot back...I swear I don't understand randoms...

tn2007

Finally getting better in the helicopter. Sorry dawnoflife for khrag island, I should of just grounded and pounded instead of doing helicopter training. But we got thmethyl on metro.

Played with idiots on Tehern highway. Randows just don't understand the value of armor on that map.

Finally getting better in the helicopter. Sorry dawnoflife for khrag island, I should of just grounded and pounded instead of doing helicopter training. But we got thmethyl on metro.

Played with idiots on Tehern highway. Randows just don't understand the value of armor on that map.

The team we had on tehran highway was one of the worst I have ever played with. Half of them were sitting way back in the spawn. Same thing on Kharg, I would cap B and by the time I run over to C, we would have lost B. The most frustrating thing about this game most of the times is the people we have to play with...

JJD

Dawnoflife, besides us anyone else on your friends list have problems hearing you on the mic? On other games too besides BF3?

Sometimes I can hear you very very low. It's almost inaudible, I can't make out what you're trying to say.

What mic you're using? Try entering Accessory Settings on the PS3 menu, then Manage Bluethooth Devices and check your settings. Can you hear what you are saying on the headset? Check Audio Device Settings too if you're using one, you can change the mic volume, the input and output device.

Also take a look on the audio settings on BF3.

Good games guys, after everyone quit, I kept playing for a while, and was squad up with this worthless MAV riding sniper, I mean, look at his stats...

He would stay at our base on Tehran on the roof of a building behind C sniping at enemies on their base since we had all the flags, he did that kind of thing on every game we played together.

On Damavand he he got up on the roof of that small shed over the A m-com on the third base of Rush (this is just for reference, we were playing Conquest).

One enemy squad began taking the flag, so I got back in the tank and was greeted by 4 engineers. I took out 3 of then, but the last one was smart and hid, waiting for his teammates to spawn. I took out another 2 before they got me down, all this just a couple meters from where this useless bush wookie was camping. After that I was so pissed that I spend the whole game annoying this dude. I spawned as support with mortar, and I would smoke the shit out of that dude, wherever he was. It was fun, he got mad. I'm expecting hate mail anytime now.

BoatAck

The team we had on tehran highway was one of the worst I have ever played with. Half of them were sitting way back in the spawn. Same thing on Kharg, I would cap B and by the time I run over to C, we would have lost B. The most frustrating thing about this game most of the times is the people we have to play with...

Were they blowing up our own armor? Every time I spawned in the base they were just jacking around in a circle firing their guns at each other.

The team I was in on the previous server you joined me on were rubbish too. I had to bail when the canals came and we were on the US side. I normally stick with it even if I'm losing, but I wasn't going to sit through canals game on the US side with half the team doing nothing. It was a pretty crappy night for me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Patch day tomorrow WOOO!!!
I wonder if the rent a server thingy will be available too.

A PS3 GAF Server would be godlike: Sienne Crossing Conquest 24/7

Seine crossing, not sienne lol

Aaah the patch can't come too soon, I really want to play with fellow gaffers without the usual hassle (adding friends, waiting to meet in a specific server, etc)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Seine crossing, not sienne lol

Aaah the patch can't come too soon, I really want to play with fellow gaffers without the usual hassle (adding friends, waiting to meet in a specific server, etc)
Not gonna fix that typo you will have to live with it. >8(

Boss Man

The patch...it is actually here. :D
I can not waaaait until tomorrow!!

What is this referring to? Assuming there will be a private GAF server, or is there something I've missed?

It kinda sucks that this game doesn't really allow you to do clan battles or anything (private servers that you don't have to pay for). Really hurt the game.

Not gonna fix that typo you will have to live with it. >8(
Vous êtes bien têtu monsieur.
What is this referring to? Assuming there will be a private GAF server, or is there something I've missed?

It kinda sucks that this game doesn't really allow you to do clan battles or anything (private servers that you don't have to pay for). Really hurt the game.

The patch should allow users to use private servers if I understood correctly.

OG Kush

They said the use of private servers will come with the patch but before the patch was released they would actually have a blog post or something desribing how it would work... still no sign of this blog post.
Or a release date for PC and 360...

MrBig

They said the use of private servers will come with the patch but before the patch was released they would actually have a blog post or something desribing how it would work... still no sign of this blog post.
Or a release date for PC and 360...

Any plans for a GAF server on 360? I've still only played with a few people on here and would love to play with more

Does europe servers have very low ping(Lowest bar) for any one else?
UK servers are fine though

Low ping is better, not sure what you're asking.

Rebel Leader

Any plans for a GAF server on 360? I've still only played with a few people on here and would love to play with more

Low ping is better, not sure what you're asking.

I mean very high ping. Europe servers show up as the lowest bar for me.

A GAF server would be awesome as I've yet to play with any of you.

Anyone else getting booted from PSN today? Got 8071053D error message multiple times today. First time this has ever happened.

OG Kush

How can you tell if the server is in UK? I thought it was just europe, NA, asia etc. Not specific countries?

And yes, a GAF server would be great! Lets see what DICE say about it before getting hopes up though...

Fersis

So for instance: I rent a server 'Awesome GAF' for a month what happens with that server name once the renting is over? Anyone else can get it?
Oh and 24/7 or no rent DICE!

If its not too expensive ill rent the GAF server (PS3)

Rebel Leader

So for instance: I rent a server 'Awesome GAF' for a month what happens with that server name once the renting is over? Anyone else can get it?
Oh and 24/7 or no rent DICE!

If its not too expensive ill rent the GAF server (PS3)

USAS + FRAG ROUNDS only (TDM)

I know I hate it... but it would be fun >=D

JJD

I think a great rotation on a GAF server would be, Conquest on all maps, mixed with Rush on big maps only. I hate Metro, Seine and Bazaar Rush. I would be down on donating money to a server like this. No team balancing so we can all play together if we wish. No weapon restrictions. I hate arbitrary rules on servers...well, no Rush on infantry maps can be seen as arbitrary... :-S, bah whatever I hate Rush on then!

Faceless where the fuck is Kimbo man???? It's just not you without him!

Rebel Leader

How can you tell if the server is in UK? I thought it was just europe, NA, asia etc. Not specific countries?

And yes, a GAF server would be great! Lets see what DICE say about it before getting hopes up though...
UK servers are mixed with Europe servers. The only way to tell is to select the server and it's under region on the screen. I don't know why.

Fersis

I think a great rotation on a GAF server would be, Conquest on all maps, mixed with Rush on big maps only. I hate Metro, Seine and Bazaar Rush. I would be down on donating money to a server like this. No team balancing so we can all play together if we wish. No weapon restrictions. I hate arbitrary rules on servers...well, no Rush on infantry maps can be seen as arbitrary... :-S, bah whatever I hate Rush on then!

Lets see how many settings it has. Hell lets see how this thing works, pretty crazy that theyre releasing this huge feature with no info at all until release day >_<

JJD

Lets see how many settings it has. Hell lets see how this thing works, pretty crazy that theyre releasing this huge feature with no info at all until release day >_<

I hereby nominate you Fersis, administrator of the AWESOME GAF Server! 24/7 Metro Rush with 1000 tickets, only USAS - FRAGS and Rockets allowed!

Evolved1

If the servers aren't too expensive I will rent one for a bit... assuming they give us enough options to tweak.

back in the day, i used to change my av all the time!

had like 304973 kimbos and 304734 booker ts and other misc stuff

then one day i got bored with changing it and just stuck with the one i had

Evolved1

Ok guyz here's my server idea: Flashlights. Just flashlights. Ok maybe MAVs too. Waddathink?

Let's all go crazy and make a Op Metro Rush 24/7 server. Last man standing who doesn't rage quit loses

adjusted for accuracy...

olimpia84

Started a quick match, OP Metro Conquest.
The game puts at the beginning of the round on the damn US side. RU side is stacked with Colonels. Round starts I go for Bravo, wait a bit under the second escalator and make a run for Alpha. I make it alive miraculously and the randoms in my squad spawn on me so we manage to take A and the rest of the team takes B. I couldn't believe we were dominating and then guess what? The other team uses the MAV glitch and starts to take C. Well, guess what? I hop on a MAV and use the glitch on them fuckers as well!
It was fun and I'm glad I did before they patch it out. Got two hate messages from the cheaters in the other team and another one congratulating me for the win :p

Top Bottom