• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

dc2x

Neo Member
grabbed the patch and will play a bit later. first thing I've noticed is that flares for jets are now standard issue and not an unlock

Rent a server is done via the playstation store
30 days: £19.99
90 days: £47.99
7 days: £5.49
1 day: £1.19

you can choose the location also - currently available: WEST US/EAST US/ASIA. South US/Europe/Australia currently unavailable

there is also a "matches" option

"You are not scheduled for any E-sport matches. Matches take place over the course of several rounds. They have a roster of allowed players and can be scheduled. To create matches on a server you control, go to the Battlelog website or participate in a battlefield tournament"

Strife91

grabbed the patch and will play a bit later. first thing I've noticed is that flares for jets are now standard issue and not an unlock

Rent a server is done via the playstation store
30 days: £19.99
90 days: £47.99
7 days: £5.49
1 day: £1.19

you can choose the location also - currently available: WEST US/EAST US/ASIA. South US/Europe/Australia currently unavailable

there is also a "matches" option

"You are not scheduled for any E-sport matches. Matches take place over the course of several rounds. They have a roster of allowed players and can be scheduled. To create matches on a server you control, go to the Battlelog website or participate in a battlefield tournament"

Way too expensive.

U2NUMB

Trying out one game here on the PS3.. AA off the controls are much tighter, gonna take some time to adjust but I think it is good.

Biggest issue for me.. tank battles are now over. It seems 2 shots from another tank and you are done. This already really upsets me. You get hit once you may as well bail. Ugh

OG Kush

Way too expensive.

Is it really though? Compared to the server prices on PC it's pretty similar... for example:
http://www.killercreation.co.uk/game-servers/battlefield-3-official-ranked £0.96 per slot
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/bf3-battlefield-3/ £0.70 per slot
http://www.gamehosting.co.uk/billing/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0 24 play is £18.00

but then again a lot of these server companies give free web hosting, mumble servers etc with the package. And PC servers probably have more customization.

I really want to know how much customization they give us, can we set health levels, number of tickets, spawn time etc?

Majanew

Banned
Have they made the stinger not a worthless pos? So many countermeasures and if you can't contest the skies with your jets/helos, a helo will slaughter you.

dc2x

Neo Member
you can now quit between rounds also. it appears that a lot of these changes don't appear in the patch notes for whatever reason

Have they made the stinger not a worthless pos? So many countermeasures and if you can't contest the skies with your jets/helos, a helo will slaughter you.

the range was significantly reduced like they said - you have to be quite close to get a lock on. on the plus side - once you're locked on and they pop flares, the lock stays so you just have to wait until they're away from the flares and fire

mr_nothin

Banned
the range was significantly reduced like they said - you have to be quite close to get a lock on. on the plus side - once you're locked on and they pop flares, the lock stays so you just have to wait until they're away from the flares and fire

Wow, ok cool. Sounds good. Soo flares dont break lock-ons at all anymore, they just distract incoming projectiles.

Makes ECM much more useful. Sounds like a good balance to me

Majanew

Banned
you can now quit between rounds also. it appears that a lot of these changes don't appear in the patch notes for whatever reason

Sounds better. And being able to quit between rounds is fantastic.

4 games in the making!~

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Hell yes

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Feature of the forever!

Gustav Halling said:
PS3 players have you seen my gift to you in the patch yet? #WakeIsland 5 flag added for admins to add to their map rotation! =)

Blog Post!
Pricing for renting your own server is $1.49 / $6.99 / $24.99 / $64.99 (for 1, 7, 30, and 90 days).

SadAli

Neo Member
I haven't touched this game in a good few weeks but I do believe the changes brought in with this patch may be enough to bring me back online since it looks like they've covered most of the things that were spoiling the enjoyment I get from the game.

Quitting between rounds is just the cherry on the cake.

Also, tempted to rent a server for 1 day and spend the whole time practising my jet skills.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im at the office right now so.. whos gonna rent the GAF server?
If you guys want ill rent a server for 7 days.

Do you guys think that this huge update is thread worthy ?

Rebel Leader

I haven't touched this game in a good few weeks but I do believe the changes brought in with this patch may be enough to bring me back online since it looks like they've covered most of the things that were spoiling the enjoyment I get from the game.

Quitting between rounds is just the cherry on the cake.

Also, tempted to rent a server for 1 day and spend the whole time practising my jet skills.

If you have PSN I join the opposing team to give you TRUE practice

Fersis

wait... Does that mean it needs to be a rented server for 5 flag wake?
Nah
"search for Conquest Assault and Wake Island and look out for the “CQA Day 2” "

Some of the regular DICE servers already have it on rotation.

SadAli

Neo Member
If you have PSN I join the opposing team to give you TRUE practice

Ha! Actually that would make a nice change. I've still never been shot down in a dogfight as I always manage to crash the plane into the landscape in a blind panic as soon as the first lock on starts beeping.

U2NUMB

I am curious though if you rent a server can you force the game to start with fewer people in? My worry is that my friends and I will only have say 4 or 5 of us and we wont be able to practice as the game will want more people to start.

Rebel Leader

Ha! Actually that would make a nice change. I've still never been shot down in a dogfight as I always manage to crash the plane into the landscape in a blind panic as soon as the first lock on starts beeping.

There are different beeps when you are locked on and when a missle is fired

----

DAMIT!!!! I can't use the Battle Vet tag!

Rebel Leader

Turned AA of.... Noticed slightly faster aiming movement

Also joined a game and..... Everyone was moving during "waiting for players"

Rebel Leader

I am curious though if you rent a server can you force the game to start with fewer people in? My worry is that my friends and I will only have say 4 or 5 of us and we wont be able to practice as the game will want more people to start.

I see a server that is Password protected and it has 5 people

EDIT: checked RANKED: No
and saw some servers with less then 5 people

My guess is
Unranked = any start

Fersis

Turned AA of.... Noticed slightly faster aiming movement

Also joined a game and..... Everyone was moving during "waiting for players"
Yeah you can now move during the 'pre match' phase.

You can config the minimum player count needed to start a match. But i believe it only gets ranked status after a given count. (so no 2 player ranked server boost-a-rama)

Rebel Leader

Joined a unranked server... Saw "real fun, real pleasure" at the bottom of the screen...Also saw while the map was loading " No USAS-12 or bye bye"

U2NUMB

MattDoza

Kit Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items unique to the four playable classes
Vehicle Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items for all vehicles
The Ultimate Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items from all other available shortcut packs

smh

OG Kush

I hate unlocking shit and I've got ms point to spare as I got loads of free from those promotions.... I know I shouldnt support these stupid things but I really hate unlocking shit ESP for vehicles.
What's diff between ranked and unranked matches though? Can u still unlock stuff?
What a beast of an update, can't wait. Also can admins kick players?

Dakar

Banned
Biggest issue for me.. tank battles are now over. It seems 2 shots from another tank and you are done. This already really upsets me. You get hit once you may as well bail. Ugh
That's not good to hear. I figured just nerfing the engineer's tool would be enough on that account.

U2NUMB

That's not good to hear. I figured just nerfing the engineer's tool would be enough on that account.

Sadly based on the posts in the forums on battlelog it is the case. Even Javs now destroy a tank quick. Tanks are RIP with all the changes.

One more question about server rental controls. Can you assign multiple admits or people who can edit the server if you are not around?

Dakar

Banned
Sadly based on the posts in the forums on battlelog it is the case. Even Javs now destroy a tank quick. Tanks are RIP with all the changes.
Maybe I'm optimistic, but I'll bet on that be rebalanced again in the future. It sounds too terrible. Of course, with the amount of time between patches...

Boss Man

If it's like any other game, unranked means stats don't count. Which would also mean you aren't unlocking anything.

Can't wait to try the patch out this afternoon. Kinda bummed about tanks being weaker, but maybe more foot traffic will be good. I just hope the overall adjustments have created a decent balance with air vehicles too, if tanks are not going to be in the picture much. Jets were starting to feel pretty overpowered.

Fersis

Is it easier to take down planes with guided missiles now? :(
Man im at work so i cant test anything!!!

Ok folks whos renting the GAF Server?
(My PSN ID is Argentinean so i cant buy PSN stuff but i do have a US PSN Account, i wonder if its possible to give admin rights to another user)

Zh1nt0 just confirmed it!! WOOO!

Rebel Leader

I was gonna rent a server for a day to see what I can do but NA store hasn't been updated

-----

Turned off AA and I see the Hit dection mark when shooting at a enemy appear alot faster then with AA on..... It looks like BC2 lvl of hid dection

Rebel Leader

Is it easier to take down planes with guided missiles now? :(
Man im at work so i cant test anything!!!

Ok folks whos renting the GAF Server?
(My PSN ID is Argentinean so i cant buy PSN stuff but i do have a US PSN Account, i wonder if its possible to give admin rights to another user)

Zh1nt0 just confirmed it!! WOOO!

Sweet

---
PS3 PLAYERS TURN OFF AA! I REPEAT TURN AA OFF!

CatPee

Yep, just played some this morning. Glorious recoil is back, AA off = hardly noticeable (game's visual style is jaggy by default anyway) and improves aiming, burst fire is actually useful, and DESTRUCTIBLE LIGHTPOLES ZOMG!

Fersis

From some reports ive read the AA Off thing fix most of the input lag issues.

Top Bottom