• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

DarkFlow

Banned
olimpia84 said:
Had a few games with new gaffers but they didn't go all too well. Here's a tip guys: in Op Metro Conquest getting B is the key at the beginning so make a run for it. I think I was the only one to rush for B and when I got there a group of 5 enemies was waiting for me. After that it was all downhill lol
it was that damn level 28 screwbaca guy, he was raping us. lol

red731

Three words -

Air vehicle campers...

Like seriously.... "oh I will wait for jet - what? the game is over?"

Help the team damnit!

edit for ps3 platoon/as on battlelog:

I send friend requests to all of you who are in this platoon.
Even thou we may be from different time zones, adding you as friends here will make communication easier since we can see who is online.
I have laptop next to TV so I have no problem to check if someone wants to play or organize something.

red

Ketch

olimpia84 said:
Had a few games with new gaffers but they didn't go all too well. Here's a tip guys: in Op Metro Conquest getting B is the key at the beginning so make a run for it. I think I was the only one to rush for B and when I got there a group of 5 enemies was waiting for me. After that it was all downhill lol

We had it for a second one time I think... that part of the match was great.

A quick n00b question for PS3. How do you use the defibrillator and the med kit. I've unlocked them and it looks like I have them equipped but I have no idea of how to deploy them.

Thanks.

DarkFlow

Banned
TestMonkey said:
A quick n00b question for PS3. How do you use the defibrillator and the med kit. I've unlocked them and it looks like I have them equipped but I have no idea of how to deploy them.

Thanks.
Left and right on the dpad

red731

I love defibrilators. I once revived entire squad and some other guys from team.
Such a good point maker.

TestMonkey, to add what DarkFlow said - if you press up you can turn on/off flashlights, lasers, etc...

red731 said:
I love defibrilators. I once revived entire squad and some other guys from team.
Such a good point maker.

But be aware of your surroundings when you do so, do not blindly revive guys under tanks or heavy fire, they will just die again and it is super annoying.

Reviving next to MCOM's can make all the difference to winning a round.

Daigoro

had an issue on 360 yesterday where me about about 3-4 other team mates were all firing on one guy and not hit markers came up. this was at point blank range. also, he wasnt firing back at us for a good length of time. i saw him run up and stab someone before i cleared out.

so no idea if it was just a complete server/lag issue or if he was cheating somehow. he was like 35-5 at that point, which seems odd if he was cheating.

a friend messaged him something like "what the hell man?" and his response was along the lines of "what?". he also wasnt showing up under the friends>recently played with section in the guide.

hope to not see that happen much more often if ever again.

red731

Noisepurge said:
But be aware of your surroundings when you do so, do not blindly revive guys under tanks or heavy fire, they will just die again and it is super annoying.

Reviving next to MCOM's can make all the difference to winning a round.

Yes, I am aware of that. But sometimes(and I am trying to reduce it to minimum), I do flash gordon revivals - running straight from cover reviving to next cover.

But as I say, I won't be doing that anymore since I revive someone and when there is still some enemy nearby and kills him again, then he is dead deady and can't be revived again.

Check surroundings, kill enemies, revive - check

DarkFlow

Banned
I can safely say I'm a Terror of the sky's now. Once I got Heat seekers on the jet, no one stands a chance lol. Stealth also seems to keep the lock on's down.

SadAli

Neo Member
Thanks for the friend's requests as most of my current list seem to be waiting out for MW3 despite my best attempts to convince them otherwise. Although ShopTo sorted me out with early delivery won't really get online to try this out till Sunday (which has been booked in for an all day session). Haven't sorted out replacing my headset yet which may be a blessing if I get sniper rage but looking forward to getting online and squadding up.

red731

Also :lol at one guy being killed with tank, then flying like 20meters high, dropping dead on the ground and me reviving him like nothing happened :D

Kak.efes

If you're playing as assault, what do you choose, medical kit or grenade launcher? The regeneration on the medical kit seems a little slow, and I find I'm more use to my team suppressing, and more often than not, killing enemies in an objective area with my grenade launcher. I'm a fucking surgeon with that thing.

If someone would add me (PS3 ID: bkak), I think I'd like to play in a squad with people who actually utilize mics, and don't suck.

red731

Med kit. Revive throw get points.

For me it is.

also: check first post and add your self to the ps3 list.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand add me. I am on that list and have mic.

Kak.efes said:
If you're playing as assault, what do you choose, medical kit or grenade launcher?

I mostly use both medical gadgets to be efficient. But sometimes as an attacker i attach the grenade launcher to my rifle and pop some smokes to create good cover around MCOMs.

meppi

Got my game a day early from shop to. :D

Just played for about 4 hours and I must say that all my concerns have been wiped away.
I don't even mind the way the controls feel anymore.
They actually feel a little smoother than the beta, but that could be due to technical reasons.
Not the best when I'm on foot, but man, get me in a tank and I'm a one man wrecking crew. :)
Just shot down my first 2 jets with the Stinger and destroyed about 30 vehicles in total, so it looks like I will be able to retain my tank buster style of play from BC2, and then some!
Gonna take a little break as I haven't even eaten yet. lol
But you can count on my tonight when you guys start playing.

JJD

Finally got the game, I'm downloading the patch now. After days waiting for the mailman to arrive, I open the package and my copy isn't from the limited edition run. Fuck this, I asked about this, and was told that it was the Limited Edition. Fuck this shit.

EA is being greedy. In BC2 every copy of the first run of the game was limited edition. I heard in the OT that only 25% of the first run on BF3 was Limited this time. Why punish the first buyers? We are buying this shit new!!! I pre ordered my copy more than a month ago.

I'm fucking pissed.

I will end up buying the back to Karkand map pack, because BF is irreplaceable to me. But they are milking a lot of new players to the series, who are buying new copies at launch and that don't have the same attachment to BF as me. Perhaps EA should try to cater those players instead of trying so eagerly to get in their pockets. COD is just around the corner you know?

I can't believe I paid $103,65 dollars on a regular copy. Damn...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Just started playing multiplayer on 360 last night. I really don't see the point of fighter jets in this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
red731 said:
Evolved... the knife battle is ON!

edit: aka dog tag stealing

Oh did I get you? lol... I'm still trying to learn and recognize everyone's names. We have a pretty substantial group now.

Look forward to ninja warfare!

Also, to anyone: PM me (on PSN) for CO-OP.

Before I get into somethings Ive noticed about the game I just have to say this..

This game, while good, is in no way as good or a step up that I wanted from BF2...
Im guessing this is the succesor in the official series right? Its not Bad Company 3 right? If this was BFBC3 I'd be like "Hey, great improvement!" But...I dont know..the game just feels like it lacks something BF2 had.
Anyoen understand what I mean, maybe I'm not making sense..but, I'm just kinda let down that the game is BF3 and not BFBC3....I just expected more from the REAL sequel to what, in my eyes, was the greatest MP shooter ever.

But besides that..

Man..I'm having ups and downs when it comes to aiming, it just seems less fluid.
Even when I up the sensitivity it still feels off.
Dont get me wrong, it isnt terrible but as it stands I'm putting up 1/1 K/D's per game or a few deaths under because even when I have the upper hand (first to aim/fire, firing at a player running by etc..) I'm still getting dropped before them because I feel as if I'm spraying in there general direction with the hope that some bullets hit them cause I cant "track" them fluidly.

Alot of times to I feel like I'm pumping a shit ton fo bullets into guys and they just wont fall. Maybe its me but it just felt like in other BF games a few pops into a guy meant death, now they just run or go prone behind an object :(

Aside from that maybe its the guns I'm using. Everyone last night was smacking me around with a Scar+suppressor. I was losing CQC fights and distance shootouts left and right. against them.

Oh, and EVERYBODY, has some type of laser or light blinding you from every angle..Yay, great new feature every BF game shoul dhave had -_-

Vehicles seem "stronger" like they last forever while being attacked. Especially with an engy outside repairing. Dont get me wrong..I NEVER wanna see BF2 side-by-side engy tank auto repairing but as it stands one engy behind a tank can damn near make a tank kick into god mode.

Jets seem useless compared to what Jets were in BF2...even tho I hated getting crushed by Jet god, TV missle experts, single seat cobra experts I miss the potentcy of them :(

Edit: Also a question I always wondered in shooters and want to take the time to ask fellow gamers who might have an answer.
Question: When a player gets into the prone position and you fire apon them and the game registers hits..what part of the body is the game registering them too?
Wouldnt any person being shot at head on in a prone position be struck in the head 99% of the time?
Sorry just had to ask. I just alwasy felt anytime a player goes prone, thus increasing accuracy and reducing his area to be struck with bullet, that the player should feel the penalty of accepting any incoming fire head on will result in an insta death head shot rather then a series of hit markers going off on a less-then-mobile opponent.

olimpia84

The good news is that I'm not crashing jets right after take-off. I can at last flight the damn thing at least but now have to practice more so I can finally enter dogfights. BTW can you inverse the jet controls? I've found an option to invert the vertical axis for choppers but not for planes...all I'm trying to do is go up when I push down and vice versa.

meppi

I might be crazy, but aren't the jet controls inverted when you select to invert the y-axis for aiming?

Didn't have too much trouble keeping the jet in the air for a minute or two actually.
Until they started shooting at me and I lost control. :D
Couldn't hit a damn thing and was flying very erratic, but at least I didn't go down in 3 seconds or less. ;)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
I might be crazy, but aren't the jet controls inverted when you select to invert the y-axis for aiming?

Yes. Because DICE is RETARDED. Now you can't have both air vehicles inverted. You have to choose choppers or planes. It is beyond stupid.

Speaking of stupid... just got out of a pub match. Thank god Kill was playing otherwise I might have raged even harder.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
How is the aiming on the 360? Same problems? Seems like all the people complaining are on PS3, which is what I have. I loved the aiming in BC2 though, felt perfect.

JJD

Played 5 games. Won one, lost other, got disconnected from 2 and the game froze in the one game I felt I was being useful to my team. Armed 2 m-comms, got killed by Meppi, lol! Respawn, jumped in a tank, the game froze. :-(

I'm having a hard time adapting to the controls. I adjusted the sensivity to the max and the sights aiming was OK, but regular movement was too fast for me, if I try the sensivity at half the sights aiming was too slow, but regular movement was a little better... :-S

The 2 games I managed to complete I played like shit...and the one I was kinda good the game froze. It will take a good while before I play BF3 the same way I played BC2...I miss those controls... :-(

Pkm said:
Aside from that maybe its the guns I'm using. Everyone last night was smacking me around with a Scar+suppressor. I was losing CQC fights and distance shootouts left and right. against them.

Oh, and EVERYBODY, has some type of laser or light blinding you from every angle..Yay, great new feature every BF game shoul dhave had -_-

Vehicles seem "stronger" like they last forever while being attacked. Especially with an engy outside repairing. Dont get me wrong..I NEVER wanna see BF2 side-by-side engy tank auto repairing but as it stands one engy behind a tank can damn near make a tank kick into god mode.

Sorry just had to ask. I just alwasy felt anytime a player goes prone, thus increasing accuracy and reducing his area to be struck with bullet, that the player should feel the penalty of accepting any incoming fire head on will result in an insta death head shot rather then a series of hit markers going off on a less-then-mobile opponent.

The suppressor and the light/laser use the same slot, the third one. And maybe you had bad luck, I've played around 8 hours of the PC version and in general people uses a variety of things with weapon customization, the laser is useless for me, the light is useful in CQB but in a lot of maps is better the heavy barrel. And the suppressor maybe in CQB, I haven't used it a lot.

About the vehicles, or the health is different in consoles (what I doubt), but a tank even with an engi behind it wouldn't stand a chance against 2 decent engineers. In fact in maps like Firestorm you have to move very fast to not be killed by a bunch of engineers.

And finally about the prone I noticed that in frontal encounters I usually kill proned players by headshots, IMO the hitbox its certainly better than BC2.

JJD

Applied for the PS3 platoon, and sent a few friends requests over Battlelog!

Olimpia, sorry about earlier, I accepted your invite and a while later a team deathmatch round started, I was like "Olimpia playing TDM?" but I got out kicked before the game could even start!

Evolved1 said:
Yes. Because DICE is RETARDED. Now you can't have both air vehicles inverted. You have to choose choppers or planes. It is beyond stupid.

Speaking of stupid... just got out of a pub match. Thank god Kill was playing otherwise I might have raged even harder.

Yeah I wasnt even playing my best because I saw how bad it was going, I was video chatting with my girl almost the entire match haha.

meppi

JJD said:
Played 5 games. Won one, lost other, got disconnected from 2 and the game froze in the one game I felt I was being useful to my team. Armed 2 m-comms, got killed by Meppi, lol! Respawn, jumped in a tank, the game froze. :-(
Yeah, I tried joining your game after getting kicked from the Olimpia game as well.
But your team was full, so I was thrown in with the randoms.

Not much fun playing with people who mostly don't know what they are doing, especially when the other team is more or less playing as an actual team.
Got into a game with 6 clan members on the other side this afternoon.
Needless to say, with the randoms and combined with it being the first time I saw that map, it wasn't pleasant.
Had incredible amounts of lag in that game as well, so I bailed.
Seems like the servers are getting stressed quite a bit.

Ketch

I'm mostly playing with assault medic and support so I wanted to give a couple thoughts on lasers and revives....

As a support the laser sight is my favorite addon, right now I roll with the 240B holo sight and laser pointer. It says it adds accuracy when firing from the hip, and it's a really noticeable improvement, in tight spaces I mow people down. I'm thinking of maybe switching back to the ACOG and using that for med-long while relying solely on the laser pointer for short - med ranges.

I feel like the defibs are way harder to use then BC2. The window for reviving is much smaller, and there's little feedback on whether or not your attempt was successful... numerous times I've tried to run over and revive someone just to see them bleed out after I take 3 steps, if they don't go down right next to you it's pretty much not worth it. And then, if I do defib someone, it's like "did it work?" and I'll try it like 2 or 3 more times and then just get shot by someone somewhere.... the confusion really takes away from my situational awareness

Daigoro

while single player sucks absolute dick, co-op is actually a lot of fun. im sure it wont last forever, but i dont think it will be too much of a grind to unlock all of the weapons at all.

going for the co-op achievements is fun, and learning the attack chopper is a blast. (as soon as i swapped the chopper stick i was able to keep it in the air all round without an issue) also the levels arent overly long so far.

*thanks for the invite Starfleet and folks (sorry forget names). ill be back on in a few if your still around and have room.

Xux

red731 said:
Three words -

Air vehicle campers...

Like seriously.... "oh I will wait for jet - what? the game is over?"

Help the team damnit!

edit for ps3 platoon/as on battlelog:

Haha, I would've jumped in a tank but Bruiserk and someone else always grabbed one. Or the jet was back up by the time I looked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Morons. I'm surrounded by morons.

"AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL"

"DERP WHAT'S LEFT ON THE D-PAD!? *rushes off*"

Guys, if I put a spawn beacon in a remote area, IT'S GENERALLY SAFE. PLEASE SPAWN ON IT.

Guys, if I'm sitting near my motion mine and it's at a choke point HOLD THAT POSITION.

Guys, if you have a flashlight on and you're sitting near me. TURN THE DAMN THING OFF. PLEASE. I BEG YOU. The goddamn thing BLINDS (DERP, obviously) ME AS WELL AS THE ENEMY.

The metro game was AWFUL because I could've at least prevent half their advances if people would give ammo for me to PROVIDE GRENADES in chokepoints. Seriously guys. If you're playing the little ammo icon and you have it unlocked: PLEASE THROW IT OUT.

Same with Medic, that's a default unlock. THROW IT OUT EVERYWHERE.

*bangs head into keyboard repeatedly*

I'm so done with the game for right now. I can place motion mines somewhere and have people appearing but no one comes to help me out. :|

Okay... now that I've calmed down a little: Seriously. TURN THE DAMN FLASHLIGHT OFF IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE. I'm sitting there looking both direction and Dave is all "DERP OTHER DIRECTION" and blinding me in the face while I'm trying to keep track of the enemies ABOVE us on the minimap to catch one or many with the shotgun.

Also I've seen a disturbing lack of class balance in JJD's squad. I'm not sure if he's playing with randoms but I see two supports. Okay, cool. One of them will die and spawn medic and at least provide healing for me while the support provides ammo for my shotgun while I set motion mine drops down for the rest of the team to see people.

NOPE.AVI never happens. :| Is the select request button broken? Because I keep smashing it for ammo and health and nothing ever happens.

Az

TheSeks said:
Morons. I'm surrounded by morons.

"AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL"

"DERP WHAT'S LEFT ON THE D-PAD!? *rushes off*"

Guys, if I put a spawn beacon in a remote area, IT'S GENERALLY SAFE. PLEASE SPAWN ON IT.

Guys, if I'm sitting near my motion mine and it's at a choke point HOLD THAT POSITION.

Guys, if you have a flashlight on and you're sitting near me. TURN THE DAMN THING OFF. PLEASE. I BEG YOU. The goddamn thing BLINDS (DERP, obviously) ME AS WELL AS THE ENEMY.

The metro game was AWFUL because I could've at least prevent half their advances if people would give ammo for me to PROVIDE GRENADES in chokepoints. Seriously guys. If you're playing the little ammo icon and you have it unlocked: PLEASE THROW IT OUT.

Same with Medic, that's a default unlock. THROW IT OUT EVERYWHERE.

*bangs head into keyboard repeatedly*

I'm so done with the game for right now. I can place motion mines somewhere and have people appearing but no one comes to help me out. :|

I kind of missed these... nostalgia ;)

Ketch

TheSeks said:
Morons. I'm surrounded by morons....
...Is the select request button broken? Because I keep smashing it for ammo and health and nothing ever happens.

I think the select request button maybe broken, or just no one uses it, because I play the two "supply" class all the time and I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask for health or ammo. They also need a health pack ribbon to go along with the defib ribbon, I get sooo many more heal points then revive points.

Also, to add to your list of stupid shit people don't do: Nobody ever spots anything either! Jets shred through tanks, but they are hard as shit to see if no one spots them... It's a tank! SPOT THAT SHIT. When you're a chopper gunner you have eyes on the whole battlefield you should be spotting like crazy, no one ever does... also no chopper gunner can hit anything either.... grr, and if I'm hovering over the point, jump out and capture that shit... that's why we're here.

Squads with randoms are the worst.

first my internet connection dies and then the PSN is undergoing maintenance and THEN the EA Servers are so hammered i can't join anything online... Please stop doing whatever you are doing and let me play some BF3!

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
Noisepurge said:
first my internet connection dies and then the PSN is undergoing maintenance and THEN the EA Servers are so hammered i can't join anything online... Please stop doing whatever you are doing and let me play some BF3!

If you hammer long enough you can join something ;)

TheSeks said:
Man, ya'll are crazy. Op Metro is pretty good when you have a good squad that moves fast to get into positions. Hell, on defense it's AWESOME as a recon putting up motion mines and holding a choke point with a shotgun.

In fact, I think I'm going to do a round tomorrow when I get back from volunteering on Op Metro and see if I can get a few squad wipe bonuses for the squad wipe ribbon from it. I think I have a decent idea of places to put the C4, but I'm not too sure.

Faceless: Can you still throw the C4 longer than normal like BC2?
Nope, they drop like a grand piano. Can't toss AT Mines either. :(

Dreamgazer said:
Unless you're someone who plays assault/engineer 24/7 - I just don't find BF3 conquest all that entertaining, and I'm saying that despite the fact we've been steamrolling the game mode tonight.

I'm not sure if it's the lack of destruction, the utter unbalance/linearity of certain maps, or the near uselessness of certain class (ex: recon is so essential for certain victories yet the urgency of the beacons are relatively lost in conquest.) - I'm just not feeling it. That usual sense of a team all just balancing out - not there for me.

Things just feels better on rush for me. I can actually see the importance of my class decisions - the need for assault revives, engineers repairs, support cover fires/ammo and recon beacon, t-ugs and MAVs, etc.

Again, that's just how I play. I can easily see the appeal of rush to engineer and maybe assault centric players. However, I'm not one of those people (changing classes base on team needs is my thing.)

Mind you. This the usual release week rants. Opinion can change, like evolved changed. lol
Support is important too!

DAT C4 and DAT AMMO

The Faceless Master said:

DAT C4 and DAT AMMO

Support is the second lease played class in my observation and the class only seems to benefit in cases/game mode where spots get hold down. The higher damage compared to bc2 + us steamrolling makes it relatively useless half the time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:

Plus they're for shitty class (AKA: Support) only, so I guess C4 is effectively useless this round.

DAT C4 and DAT AMMO

Except C4 drops and ammo isn't too important when people keep dropping or rushing away from positions they could hold if they let me drop some damn ammo.

Probably why it's my least used class in the game.

Also, to add to your list of stupid shit people don't do: Nobody ever spots anything either!

Oh dear god, yes. I spot like the Fist of the Northstar on maps and get spot assists but hardly anyone else does it for me to keep tabs on enemies. >:/

Also spotting is nerfed in points otherwise I'd be on top of the leaderboard for suppression and spotting assits.

LEGGZZZZ

meppi said:
Got my game a day early from shop to. :D

Just played for about 4 hours and I must say that all my concerns have been wiped away.
I don't even mind the way the controls feel anymore.
They actually feel a little smoother than the beta, but that could be due to technical reasons.
Not the best when I'm on foot, but man, get me in a tank and I'm a one man wrecking crew. :)
Just shot down my first 2 jets with the Stinger and destroyed about 30 vehicles in total, so it looks like I will be able to retain my tank buster style of play from BC2, and then some!
Gonna take a little break as I haven't even eaten yet. lol
But you can count on my tonight when you guys start playing.

Meppi Add me: My psn is Leggwork. Need some gaffers to play with.

Top Bottom