• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Have any PS3 users been having freezes post-patch? My clanmates are all reporting frequent freezes (I haven't tried it myself yet).

None at the moment...
-----
There will be DLC that unlocks all weapons & stuff for classes, Unlock all vehical options and a DLC that does both

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is it easier to take down planes with guided missiles now? :(
Man im at work so i cant test anything!!!

Ok folks whos renting the GAF Server?
(My PSN ID is Argentinean so i cant buy PSN stuff but i do have a US PSN Account, i wonder if its possible to give admin rights to another user)

Zh1nt0 just confirmed it!! WOOO!

I am going to rent a server for a few weeks to a month. The purpose will be experimental game configs and open to specific requests (ex. 2v2 for jet practice or something).

It would be great if someone else would run an official gaf server.

I'm dl'ing the patch at the moment. After I get the details sorted out, I'll post the specifics (rules) of the server here, and the password in email quotes.

People are free to pm me for specific requests. If you want to tool around with some friends in a vehicle or whatever, just pm me the request and desired password. Then I'll set up the server.

On days when the server is whatever config I feel like, the password will always be the same.

Specific servers set up through GAF/PSN PM requests by gaffers will have a password (if they want one) provided by the requester.

This is my tentative idea going forward... we'll see how it works out.

There should be a separate traditional gaf server though, and I have no desire to be involved with the running/upkeep of that. Just a participant.

Rebel Leader

There might not be any Rentable servers at the moment...Just checked Battlefield's twitter

I wonder how you can add a custom pic that is below the Server's name.

Evolved1

There might not be any Rentable servers at the moment...Just checked Battlefield's twitter

That would annoy me greatly... I came home from university today, specifically to DL the patch and get a custom server into rotation. :/

U2NUMB

----
Servers can use images while the map is loading...

Wait what? Like upload your own photos?

And for those wondering why servers are not up for rent..
from their blog post

"Please note that in order to provide a robust and stable experience, we will be rolling out this functionality incrementally throughout the following week. This means we will have limited availability today, ramping up towards maximum capability in about one week’s time. If you try and rent a server and the option is grayed out, it means we are currently at peak capacity. If so, please try again later, as we will ramp up capacity every day."

Rebel Leader

Found the server with the coustom image(banner),
Server name: BF3 POLSKA - HC 1000 ticket

----

Noticed you can report the banner pic

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think that you upload your banner through the Battlelog website or something like that.

And bummer if they run out of servers.
9% here T_T (See you tonight crew)

JJD

Started a quick match, OP Metro Conquest.
The game puts at the beginning of the round on the damn US side. RU side is stacked with Colonels. Round starts I go for Bravo, wait a bit under the second escalator and make a run for Alpha. I make it alive miraculously and the randoms in my squad spawn on me so we manage to take A and the rest of the team takes B. I couldn't believe we were dominating and then guess what? The other team uses the MAV glitch and starts to take C. Well, guess what? I hop on a MAV and use the glitch on them fuckers as well!
It was fun and I'm glad I did before they patch it out. Got two hate messages from the cheaters in the other team and another one congratulating me for the win :p

I hope you used the USAS/Frags combo to kill then! Lol!

Update is now available ~1GB

I love PSN Plus, the patch was already downloaded when I turned the PS3 on! Yay!

Have the announced pricing on the 3 unlock packs (unlocks for weapons/vehicles/both). I don't want them myself but I have a friend who plays with me intermitently and is only level 12. If it's just a few bucks I'd pay to unlock all his weapons so he would play more.

JJD

Sadly based on the posts in the forums on battlelog it is the case. Even Javs now destroy a tank quick. Tanks are RIP with all the changes.

One more question about server rental controls. Can you assign multiple admits or people who can edit the server if you are not around?

Huh? The patch notes mentioned that the only change was that tanks main gun was going to do more damage to other tanks. They never mentioned anything about RPGs and Javelins destroying a tank faster.

As far as I know they didn't mess with the tank hit points, but I haven't played the game yet.

Evolved1

97% :)

But I can only play for a few mins because I have a bunch of assignments due in a few hours. :(

Evolved1

Lol... first game freezes before I even get to play.

And this is a weird one. Not a hardlock... or what you normally get. It's just kinda "stuck" on a black screen (I'd just pressed deploy) with some smeared loading text.

Did Bethesda create this patch?

Also... really stoked about having to redownload B2K.

And the severs aren't even available to rent yet.

Pretty good first impression here.

I'm on if you wanna group up.

I'm rebooting. Will join you for a but if I can (no B2K atm) I just want to try the controls. Especially with BC2 fresh in my mind from the other day. Since that game is the gold standard of analog control.

Rebel Leader

And this is a weird one. Not a hardlock... or what you normally get. It's just kinda "stuck" on a black screen (I'd just pressed deploy) with some smeared loading text.

Did Bethesda create this patch?

Also... really stoked about having to redownload B2K.

And the severs aren't even available to rent yet.

Pretty good first impression here.

I'm rebooting. Will join you for a but if I can (no B2K atm) I just want to try the controls. Especially with BC2 fresh in my mind from the other day. Since that game is the gold standard of analog control.

There may not be any avilable servers to rent.... There should be some tomarrow

JJD

I had one of those last week, not a freeze just a black screen, I could even enter the XMB menu if I pressed the home button. I guess it's not related to the patch.

I've said it before, Dice is the Bethesda of first person shooters man! :)

Ha. Just finished the match freezes right before it tells you your team won with the smoke in the background. Great.

edit: at least my stats got saved.

Evolved1

Ha. Just finished the match freezes right before it tells you your team won with the smoke in the background. Great.

I got another freeze too. Then I join a game through quick match.. Rush on the Peak. I join at the very moment the team loses.

:/ Wtf man.

And next match is some TDM shit.

Lol... this is one of those days were you just can't win.

I honestly can't feel any significant difference in the controls. I even switched back and forth a few times, and I don't know... can't really tell.

I think my issue with BF3 is just the gun handling in general... the jumpy animation and stuff. I even hated it in the beta, which some people say was fine and without input lag. This game will probably never feel as smooth as BC2 so I guess it's either get used to it or find another game. Hopefully though the severs will get rid of all the other crap that bothered me about the game, and the control issue won't seem as severe. Idk, we'll see.

still can't find the colorblind option, but they did add a toggle option for holding your breath! before you had to hold, now you can choose between hold and toggle. not as much of an issue on PS3 for me, but on 360 with the super sensitive analog sticks, it was a pain.

Huh? The patch notes mentioned that the only change was that tanks main gun was going to do more damage to other tanks. They never mentioned anything about RPGs and Javelins destroying a tank faster.

As far as I know they didn't mess with the tank hit points, but I haven't played the game yet.

iirc, they said Javelins will do more damage than before if they hit the side/rear instead of fixed damage like before. you're right about RPG's though, they didn't mention anything about them getting a buff.

I got another freeze too. Then I join a game through quick match.. Rush on the Peak. I join at the very moment the team loses.

:/ Wtf man.

And next match is some TDM shit.

Lol... this is one of those days were you just can't win.

I honestly can't feel any significant difference in the controls. I even switched back and forth a few times, and I don't know... can't really tell.

I think my issue with BF3 is just the gun handling in general... the jumpy animation and stuff. I even hated it in the beta, which some people say was fine and without input lag. This game will probably never feel as smooth as BC2 so I guess it's either get used to it or find another game. Hopefully though the severs will get rid of all the other crap that bothered me about the game, and the control issue won't seem as severe. Idk, we'll see.

it won't. but at least you can run sideways/diagonally! remember that one guy in the BC2 thread who complained about that so much?!?

Majanew

Banned
Not sure how BF3 or BC2 feel on PS3, but BF3 feels much better and tighter than BC2 on 360. I went back to play some BC2 last week...controls were worse than i remembered. A lot about the game was worse, and that surprised me.

Evolved1

Not sure how BF3 or BC2 feel on PS3, but BF3 feels much better and tighter than BC2 on 360. I went back to play some BC2 last week...controls were worse than i remembered. A lot about the game was worse, and that surprised me.

This is not meant as a slight... but would you say you're more a CoD player than a BC2 player?

Because BF3 is more closely related to CoD controls than BC2 controls. "Tighter" is a term you hear from the CoD players more so than BC2 crowd.

Again... not a slight... just a mix of observation and personal preference... but CoD type controls are a bit more twitch-based and BC2 feels very smooth, almost like 1:1 with the analog movement.

I would be surprised to read that you're more traditionally a BC2 player based on you last post. Historically, I've read that same opinion from lots of people (and for those people, probably a valid position to hold) but they are generally coming from a more twitch shooter background.

In the end, it's just a matter of preference. And I have clogged this thread many times over with control bitching... so that wasn't the intent this time.

i can confirm that the MAV does indeed destroy itself when you roadkill someone.

This is not meant as a slight... but would you say you're more a CoD player than a BC2 player?

Because BF3 is more closely related to CoD controls than BC2 controls. "Tighter" is a term you hear from the CoD players more so than BC2 crowd.

Again... not a slight... just a mix of observation and personal preference... but CoD type controls are a bit more twitch-based and BC2 feels very smooth, almost like 1:1 with the analog movement.

I would be surprised to read that you're more traditionally a BC2 player based on you last post. Historically, I've read that same opinion from lots of people (and for those people, probably a valid position to hold) but they are generally coming from a more twitch shooter background.

In the end, it's just a matter of preference. And I have clogged this thread many times over with control bitching... so that wasn't the intent this time.

DICE needs a slider or something to adjust the aim acceleration/ramping

Evolved1

DICE needs a slider or something to adjust the aim acceleration/ramping

I agree, and posit that all games should have this slider(s). The generically all-encompassing "sensitivity" slider just isn't enough these days.

There are games that have more sliders and it's so great.

Can't believe they've given people the option to buy their way to becoming the ultimate pilot/driver. I've put hours into unlocking stuff, and now suddenly shit people will be destroying me because they have 16 quid to spare and can't be arsed to do it properly. Is there any way of filtering servers so people who've bought the gameplay-effecting unlocks can't play against you?

Also annoying that you have to download a 1gb+ patch, then redownload the 1gb+ B2K, then reorganise your classes. Was this really the most efficient way DICE could have done this?

Evolved1

Can't believe they've given people the option to buy their way to becoming the ultimate pilot/driver. I've put hours into unlocking stuff, and now suddenly shit people will be destroying me because they have 16 quid to spare and can't be arsed to do it properly. Is there any way of filtering servers so people who've bought the gameplay-effecting unlocks can't play against you?

Also annoying that you have to download a 1gb+ patch, then redownload the 1gb+ B2K, then reorganise your classes. Was this really the most efficient way DICE could have done this?

lol... unlocks are freaking retarded already. If I had enough money, I'd buy them all for everyone and even the playing field. So people who are already vets can't gank newbs for months while they, not only learn to play the game, but unlock the most basic crap they should already have and earn the incredibly important kit options.

Actually no I wouldn't waste money on that but the point stands nonetheless: non-cosmetic unlocks are retarded and one of the worst trends in competitive shooters.

I don't mind unlocking guns, advanced weaponry for the vehicles etc. as long as the basic stuff is competetive enough, which it is imo for guns. Stupid making newbies unlock shit like flares though, I've only just unlocked the flares on the jets. The air vehicles base levels are ridiculously low. The problem I have is it may well create tiers which are not completely relative to skill or playtime

Veterans
People who paid for it
|Average players who've spent a lot of time unlocking things
|Good players who haven't had a chance to unlock a lot of it
New people who are trying to get good

The first time I get smashed in an Attack Helicopter dogfight by a fully kitted-out level 1 player, my controller's gonna go through my screen

Nizz

I read a bit through Get Satisfaction and MP1st comments and people are saying input lag is barely reduced. Not much change. :/

i don't blame them.

it's gotta suck to be the guy that doesn't have flares... or doesn't have mines... or doesn't have the mortar... or doesn't have a 4x scope... etc

I will update the thread when I get home later today.

I can also set aside $300 for an official server for you guys
(whenever servers become available, can just make $300 worth of psn cards if someone else need to manage it.)
I won't be playing much though.

------------------------------------------

Unofficial "changes" note according to reddit:

•Moved AA on Kharg (US on Carrier, Russian at Air strip) (Thanks whoever did this!!)
•Faster vehicle spawn (I mainly noticed air)
•Shorter game start countdown
•Much better responsiveness (Even better with AA turned off)
•You can fly through all poles from testing with jets and little bird so far. (EDIT - Only the top breaks, halfway down its still solid, which works out ok)
•Can spawn into AA guns (People actually use them now)
•**Improved sound EDIT: Can hear footsteps, reloading as well as voiceovers ( ahh fuck theres a grenade etc), much more clearly, I could hear footsteps and reloading from next room.
•I think console sound cutout is fixed (EDIT: Reports that it isnt)
•Uninstalls B2K and forces you to re download (PS3 thing I think)
•Custom Servers (AU Pricing, 34.99 for 30 days, 9X.XX for 90 days, also has 1 day option and some others)
•Match Making option in multi player, seems to be for esport/organised scrims on custom servers.
•Reset some of my kit customisations
•Many Many small UI tweaks, minimap has more focus on team function icons (heal, repair, flags) •Icons for vehicles on spawn screen
•Easier to see what spawn point is selected on map when selecting spawn
•No blind colour mode, but all the icons seem to be much easier to see (seem to be tweaked towards blind mode type icons)

•Jets guided missiles are actually useful and can take out a tank and nearby infantry (runners from tank) in 2-3 hits tops)
•*Stinger takes about 2-3 seconds to lock onto and fire, missiles seem to move slightly faster, 1 hit disable and if more then 1 engineer in area heli is generally fucked, I forsee a lot of heli's flying with ECM or Maintenance in future, range is greatly reduced but enough to keep helis off a flag and nearby area. EDIT: Lock on is UBER Fast, like seriously must be less then 2 seconds, there is however a minimum range which you can't lock on at all, might be about 15 -20 metres.
•Can quit between rounds
•Havoc is noticeably easier to fly but I still don't think its on par with Cobra, should be able to stand its own though.
•Other squad leader objectives are marked on flags, I could see this as SL, it shows a star next to objective X1 or X2 if 2 SL have marked it, this is awesome!
•Laser marker or maybe guided missile range seems to have been increased, could hit empty APC at C from Aircraft carrier on Canals using little bird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
•Jeep horn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ie_40JjeMQ
•5 flag wake: http://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/184580753445756928
•(LatrellSwisher) Additional Dogtags have been added (A-91 and M26 dog tags. As well as a tag for the game 'Syndicate')

paskowitz

The main cannons on jets are now WAY too powerful vs everything. Jet shoots at building, I get hit by 1 bullet, dead. Jet shoots at helicopter 60% health gone in half a second. Jet shoots at tank disabled... its crazy. And they can STILL ram into when you are in a helicopter and not die...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I will update the thread when I get home later today.

I can also set aside $300 for an official server for you guys.
I won't be playing much though.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I was ready to pay for a week. lolz

i don't blame them.

it's gotta suck to be the guy that doesn't have flares... or doesn't have mines... or doesn't have the mortar... or doesn't have a 4x scope... etc

Mines, mortar and scopes are easily unlockable and not all that vital in my experience. Mines used to be pretty helpful before they started appearing on the minimap

OG Kush

some stuff is still better though. I'm still undecided which game I prefer.

gibration

They fixed the aiming?! :D Took long but glad the fix is finally here. Will download update in a bit.

purple cobra said:
I read a bit through Get Satisfaction and MP1st comments and people are saying input lag is barely reduced. Not much change. :/

Fuuuuuuuuuuu... :/

GAF, how does it compare to the beta?

OG Kush

The main cannons on jets are now WAY too powerful vs everything. Jet shoots at building, I get hit by 1 bullet, dead. Jet shoots at helicopter 60% health gone in half a second. Jet shoots at tank disabled... its crazy. And they can STILL ram into when you are in a helicopter and not die...

I think they did this to actually make planes more of a help the ground combat. Cos right now 90% of the time they're just flyring around in the air not helping the objective at all.

Top Bottom