• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

paskowitz

I think they did this to actually make planes more of a help the ground combat. Cos right now 90% of the time they're just flyring around in the air not helping the objective at all.

Yeah, but leave my helicopter alone. I already have to deal with the super fast lock on time and increased SAM damage. My only option otherwise would be to go to a higher altitude... but now if I do that the jet will rip me apart. I am not saying it needs to change a lot. Two gun passes in a jet should KO a copter not one, thats all.

At least they made the helicopter a little more maneuverable.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
so who is running the platoon? i reapplied for membership days ago...

Evolved1

The ps3 platoon on battlelog?
Noisepurge is. I think olimpia and i can accept your membership since we're cofounders though.

Cheers.

edit: just a post-patch personal update: I've had six freezes already today in just a few hours. More than the last few months combined. o_O

Majanew

Banned
This is not meant as a slight... but would you say you're more a CoD player than a BC2 player?

Because BF3 is more closely related to CoD controls than BC2 controls. "Tighter" is a term you hear from the CoD players more so than BC2 crowd.

Again... not a slight... just a mix of observation and personal preference... but CoD type controls are a bit more twitch-based and BC2 feels very smooth, almost like 1:1 with the analog movement.

I would be surprised to read that you're more traditionally a BC2 player based on you last post. Historically, I've read that same opinion from lots of people (and for those people, probably a valid position to hold) but they are generally coming from a more twitch shooter background.

In the end, it's just a matter of preference. And I have clogged this thread many times over with control bitching... so that wasn't the intent this time.

No. I don't play COD MP. Been playing BF since 2, well, the made fun of BF2: Modern Combat back on the first Xbox. Never got into COD MP other than COD 2. I liked BC2's controls when I used to play it, but the aiming just felt sluggish or something when I went back. Even holding the left trigger to look down the sights, it seemed to take forever to bring the gun up and look down my sights. I guess the controls just feel smoother and more responsive in BF3 to me.

Evolved1

No. I don't play COD MP. Been playing BF since 2, well, the made fun of BF2: Modern Combat back on the first Xbox. Never got into COD MP other than COD 2. I liked BC2's controls when I used to play it, but the aiming just felt sluggish or something when I went back. Even holding the left trigger to look down the sights, it seemed to take forever to bring the gun up and look down my sights. I guess the controls just feel smoother and more responsive in BF3 to me.

Hmm. Ok man, fair enough. That's what I get for assuming. haha.

Near the end of BC2 I had my sensitivity upped pretty high. But in BF3 I just can't get anything that feels right.

However... just a few mins ago, since the patch, I turned off AA and now if I drop the sensitivity pretty far down, I get something that feels alright or semi-comfortable. Unfortunately, it comes at the cost of some situational awareness, but I'm finally dropping people in 1v1s. Had a decent Metro round and usually the controls drive me nuts in infantry maps, because I'm used to dominating people in BC2, and before the patch in BF3 I might as well roll dice in 1v1. But it seems better since the patch and since turning down the sensitivity.

Do you guys use aim assist? I've always had that off, but now I'm wondering if DICE designed the game to use it, ala CoD.

Also,I <3 Turtle Beach PX21

Those are what I use.

How I usually test the fluidity of controls:
Can I shoot at a small window, jump, crouch and then enter without any pause in motion?
Not in BF3.

JJD

I take back what I said. Tanks are too weak now. I could take down 3 or 4 tanks on Canals with the LAV and Dave help. I'm not liking then very much.

Also on my first Metro game, I was playing with the L85A2 and I was taking too long to kill people, it felt like players could take more damage...

olimpia84

Downloaded the new patch and the game prompted me to also re-download B2K. Played a few game with gaffers then I get kicked out because according to the game I don't have B2K...wtf?

I'm re-redownloading now to see if that fixes anything.

U2NUMB

I take back what I said. Tanks are too weak now. I could take down 3 or 4 tanks on Canals with the LAV and Dave help. I'm not liking then very much.

Also on my first Metro game, I was playing with the L85A2 and I was taking too long to kill people, it felt like players could take more damage...

I noticed this right away this morning in the one game I got in post patch. They totally destroyed the ability for a tank to even feel like it has meaning. They are sitting ducks now. No idea who at DICE felt the tanks were this overpowered.

JJD

I noticed this right away this morning in the one game I got in post patch. They totally destroyed the ability for a tank to even feel like it has meaning. They are sitting ducks now. No idea who at DICE felt the tanks were this overpowered.

I thought it was a good idea to buff the tank main gun against other tanks. 1 on 1 tank battles took forever.

But they buffed it too much, and I don't know why, besides other tanks shells and the stinger the tank still feels a whole lot weaker.

On that Canals game I mentioned I took 2 tanks on rapid succession before Dave even began to repair me. I would never be able to do that before the patch, you could take the first one, but the second would always get you if they both rushed at you.

The guided shell is really strange right now. I missed shots for no reason at all, and I got some choppers even after they used flares.

tn2007

Do you guys use aim assist? I've always had that off, but now I'm wondering if DICE designed the game to use it, ala COD.
I have aim assist on. I tried have it off a couple of weeks ago for about 3 days, but because of the input lag I took it off. Aim assist only really helped me when someone is running by because it follows them. But then it becomes a hinderess when I'm trying to aim at two people that are close together. My accuracy was the same overall but I felt my 1v1 took a dive.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Downloaded the new patch and the game prompted me to also re-download B2K. Played a few game with gaffers then I get kicked out because according to the game I don't have B2K...wtf?

I'm re-redownloading now to see if that fixes anything.

Shut PS3 down after B2K install. I did this never got a problem & my Tags returned

tn2007

The L85A2 has a ROF of 650. So it's suppose to take longer to kill people. I used that gun pre patch and it was pretty good because of the accuracy of firing on the move. But it does take some time to put someone down 0-15m in. Unless of course you get some headshots.

meppi

Cheers.

edit: just a post-patch personal update: I've had six freezes already today in just a few hours. More than the last few months combined. o_O

Well that means I'm not alone...
Just had my PoS3 hard lock while downloading the Back To Karkand pack.
Not it gives me a message about needing to check my file system because I didn't shut the system off the correct way and it said that if they find an error in the file system it'll take 2-3 hours to repair itself.

I'm literally >.< close to selling this piece of junk. :mad:
Don't think I'll get anymore Sony stuff after this. Been nothing but a pain in the ass this generation. Fuck this.

tn2007

I don't understand why DICE decided to nerf both the tank and the repair tool. They should of kept the pre patch tank and just nerf the repair tool.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Haven't played for a couple months but I redownloaded B2K for the updated version last night and just installed the patch. Hoping to get back into it after the patch. Has the aiming been tweaked at all with AA on?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Haven't played for a couple months but I redownloaded B2K for the updated version last night and just installed the patch. Hoping to get back into it after the patch. Has the aiming been tweaked at all with AA on?
I noticed the hit icon (x) appears much faster with AA off. Aiming feels the same or slightly better

U2NUMB

As someone who has spent 50+ hours in a tank I honestly never felt they were over powered. A skilled driver could keep it alive for a long time yet I always felt that I was one pass of a havoc from being near death or a couple enemies with javs away from dying.

I can not for the life of me understand why DICE pretty much made driving a tank unfun in every way. Combine the weakness of the tank with the nerf of the repair tool and an average life in a tank is going to be under a minute.

Anyone here ever think the tank was this super over powered vehicle that had no weakness?

As someone who has spent 50+ hours in a tank I honestly never felt they were over powered. A skilled driver could keep it alive for a long time yet I always felt that I was one pass of a havoc from being near death or a couple enemies with javs away from dying.

I can not for the life of me understand why DICE pretty much made driving a tank unfun in every way. Combine the weakness of the tank with the nerf of the repair tool and an average life in a tank is going to be under a minute.

Anyone here ever think the tank was this super over powered vehicle that had no weakness?

Speaking as someone with a 0.65 kdr, the fact I can have 22-4 and 18-2 type rounds when I spend lots of time in a tank speaks volumes. But since you've always "felt" near death while using them, I'm sure they were fine. :p

tn2007

Just tested javelins on a unranked server. Omg javelins are so OP now. Tanks are screwed! 1-2 javelins to disable and 2-3 to kill!!!! Damn you DICE! Tanks where probably OP but it's a freaking tank. Like I said earlier they should of just nerfed the repair tool and kept the tank the same.

Stupid unranked game counted towards my stats. Why is it called unranked and still count?

OG Kush

I'm with you on this. I never ever though tanks had to be balanced. They were fine.. hell I don't even remember the community talking about tanks being overpowered.

JJD

My only problem with the tank was on 1 on 1 tank battles. I thought they dragged too long.

And the guys at Dice seemed to think like that too, since this was the reason for the re balance on the tank, but frankly looking at how they are now I think that was the wrong way to fix things.

U2NUMB

Speaking as someone with a 0.65 kdr, the fact I can have 22-4 and 18-2 type rounds when I spend lots of time in a tank speaks volumes. But since you've always "felt" near death while using them, I'm sure they were fine. :p

Maybe near death was not the right word. I do very VERY well in a tank but it is a combo of my squad / friends helping repair (working together) and my overall skill in a tank but at any moment there are plenty of threats to a tank that can catch you off guard.

Edit: still cant rent servers here in the US.

JJD

No one else feeling a huge difference on the controls now? For me lag is totally gone, and as I was used to overcompensate it, I'm having a hard time aiming now that the lag is gone...

It will take a while until I'm at the same level I was pre patch...

Top Bottom