• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

tn2007

No one else feeling a huge difference on the controls now? For me lag is totally gone, and as I was used to overcompensate it, I'm having a hard time aiming now that the lag is gone...

It will take a while until I'm at the same level I was pre patch...

Your lucky because I still feel the input lag. But it's a little bit better. Thank god this is my first online fps game, and I'm use to it now. I might try taking aim assist off again to see if there is a difference.

tn2007

Tank King finds this displeasing

I don't mind it that much since it will balance out games on canals. And plus if a teammate loses the tank to another team it won't be as devastating as before, since they're easy to take down now. Helicopters got a nerf too as stingers lock on quicker and I think they are a one hit disable. I just hope jets aren't too OP now.

No C4 detonation after respawn? My trolling just got drastically reduced =(

I'm pretty sure you still can. I respawned I'm pretty sure I heard them go off. Didn't kill anymore though.

Finally played the game after taking quite a long break from it. Aiming still feels weird but It could just be that I haven't played in awhile. I'm terrible with the M16A4 now. The map is much nicer and cleaner and being able to quit right after a match is awesome. And I just saw the video of horns added!

paskowitz

Helicopters got a nerf too as stingers lock on quicker and I think they are a one hit disable. I just hope jets aren't too OP now.

Oh don't worry, they are. Combined with the quicker lock on times, jets now destroy just about anything. It is a MUCH harder job flying a helicopter now. You have to really keep moving otherwise you will be torn apart by a jet's main gun. I would say it now only takes 50-60% of a jet cannon burst to disable a helicopter. Before it took about 90%. Missiles now lock on super fast, making stealth basically mandatory. Since they disable, if you do not have a gunner with extinguisher or maintenance consider yourself finished.

peetfeet

As someone who has spent 50+ hours in a tank I honestly never felt they were over powered. A skilled driver could keep it alive for a long time yet I always felt that I was one pass of a havoc from being near death or a couple enemies with javs away from dying.

I can not for the life of me understand why DICE pretty much made driving a tank unfun in every way. Combine the weakness of the tank with the nerf of the repair tool and an average life in a tank is going to be under a minute.

Anyone here ever think the tank was this super over powered vehicle that had no weakness?

Tank was fine before, now it feels like its made out of tin, one hit from a rocket behind, instant death, from the side... You at least have a chance to run away before it blows, no chance to repair.

I could sometimes go a match without losing the tank before (though not without assistance) but never did it seem easy, and it wasn't, you had to work for it... and watch out for the buggers with C4.

Choppers are pretty useless now too unless you constantly fly low but then you are open to RPGs etc which kill with one hit.

Skeyser

Just tested javelins on a unranked server. Omg javelins are so OP now. Tanks are screwed! 1-2 javelins to disable and 2-3 to kill!!!!

Hum maybe it was different on consoles, but that's how it works on PC right now. 1-2 to disable 2-3 to kill, depending on where it hits.

gl0w

It takes less effort to actual earn this in game than it takes to earn that amount of money at a real job.

I agree with you. I have never brought any shortcuts in this type
Of game. All unlocked by me
:)

It seems that the option to rent a server is
Only available in some country's, and Portugal is not one of them. Do you guys know of there is any way around?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna jump online after dinner. See you there folks.

USAS and Jackhammer are still good! just not OP!

Are there different mini-map options? Or just one?

Anyone play 5 flag Wake yet? Is it glorious?

every game i joined was near the end, but it looked supa hot!

No C4 detonation after respawn? My trolling just got drastically reduced =(

yeah, glad they fixed that bug. tired of getting out and removing C4 or wasting grenades on it.

FAMAS? well.. looks like a horse kicking right now LOL

all is well with the world.

As someone who has spent 50+ hours in a tank I honestly never felt they were over powered. A skilled driver could keep it alive for a long time yet I always felt that I was one pass of a havoc from being near death or a couple enemies with javs away from dying.

I can not for the life of me understand why DICE pretty much made driving a tank unfun in every way. Combine the weakness of the tank with the nerf of the repair tool and an average life in a tank is going to be under a minute.

Anyone here ever think the tank was this super over powered vehicle that had no weakness?

tank is MORE fun now! everyone thinks they are a tank killer, like lemmings walking to their deaths.

No one else feeling a huge difference on the controls now? For me lag is totally gone, and as I was used to overcompensate it, I'm having a hard time aiming now that the lag is gone...

It will take a while until I'm at the same level I was pre patch...

after playing so much BC2 last week, i still wish it was more like that, but i'm glad it's at least on par with 360 BF3 now.

25€ for kits
18€ for Veichels
40€ for kits, veichels, co-op weapons

single kits is 7€ (assault for example)

<3 EA

9 suppression ribbons from dec - yesterday

4 suppression ribbons today

BUFFED

6 today, including 2 in 1 game of Bazaar CQ!

redhot_

Not to sure what to think of this patch yet. Played a few games, and the jets for sure rip apart choppers waaaaay faster now, but the smallest tap from another jet will blow you up. I normally fly in 3rd person and seeing a team mates jet not even touch mine.. and i get blown to pieces is really aggravating.

Oh, the whole tank nerf is so uncalled for. Lets just make the game even easier.

Not to sure what to think of this patch yet. Played a few games, and the jets for sure rip apart choppers waaaaay faster now, but the smallest tap from another jet will blow you up. I normally fly in 3rd person and seeing a team mates jet not even touch mine.. and i get blown to pieces is really aggravating.

Oh, the whole tank nerf is so uncalled for. Lets just make the game even easier.

They toned down the jet canon dmg...so how can it kill helicopters faster?

Arcteryx

hmmm not really noticing much of a difference with AA off (either graphically or with controls).

Do we have to reinstall B2K? I never got a prompt to do so

edit: played around some more, weapons and sprinting feel weird(sprinting feels faster)

Dunno if I like this :(

USF

Don't know if this was there before this patch.
But some ribbons now require less to get ..

Before:
qQg48.jpg

Now:
Air Warfare Ribbon: 5 kills
Suppression Ribbon: 4 assists
M-com Defender Ribbon: 2 defends
& more

USF

Ribbons and Medal Tweaks:

• Nemesis medal reduced to 30 ribbons
• Suppression reduced from 7 to 4
• MCOM Attacker reduced from 3 to 2