• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

I had to quit that last Rush game, it was unbearable. 30 minutes and nobody joins??

After everyone left, I stayed with that dude for at least 15 minutes more. Just the two of us. I killed him a lot, sometimes he would arm, but I always managed to disarm before it went out. He never abandoned the game! What a trooper! I sent him a compliment.

I'm just going to go ahead and say fuck DICE for putting in frag rounds. What the fuck were they thinking?

The only way to balance it for people complaining is removing the rounds from the game. I said that a long time ago. Faceless already mentioned that they're still good, just not uber powerful. People will keep using then.

Do we have a verdict on getting a PS3 rented server?
I know fersis and I have volunteered to fund it, but I'm not sure if I'm a good candidate to man it. Won't be around as much.
Too bad you can't modify console server settings through the pc.

Let's get this straightened out fast so we can grab one when it's available.
Knowing EA, they probably can't fulfill the demand anytime soon.

If you're interested in funding for a server, or just want to comment about it, write about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/7n36erq

Don't confuse this with the ps3 id listing though (see op)

Majanew

Banned
Wonder if EA is going to spend another $40K for another patch on 360 to remove the damn MAV riding. And hearing some say the audio still glitches out is very disappointing.

eek5

Played my first match in a really long time. The controls feel similar to before to me. I have like zero accuracy in long range because it's hard for me to make small adjustments with the input lag.

When I turn I still do the thing where i tap the stick multiple times because it's difficult for me to figure out where I want to stop precisely.

I played with AA off but it feels the same both ways. :/

So has anyone here rented a PS3 server yet? I'd love to know more about the whole process (options, how you administer them, feedback, screenshots, etc.).

The only way to balance it for people complaining is removing the rounds from the game. I said that a long time ago. Faceless already mentioned that they're still good, just not uber powerful. People will keep using then.
The beauty of frag rounds is that they're great for removing enemy explosives. Worried that the bad guys have C4'd the M-COM? Spray it with frag rounds before you run in. See a friendly tank rolling towards an enemy mine? Blast a clear path with your frag rounds. Enemy jihad jeeps becoming a problem? Frag rounds are the solution.

If they get it balanced properly against infantry then I think there's still a place/niche for them in the game.

YoungHav

Banned
Every time I try to re-download Karkand in-game it crashes. Can I get the updated Karkand just by redownloading from the store or is their some in-game download fix in place that needs to be done?

gl0w

Every time I try to re-download Karkand in-game it crashes. Can I get the updated Karkand just by redownloading from the store or is their some in-game download fix in place that needs to be done?

You can redownload it from the store. I did

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Do we have a verdict on getting a PS3 rented server?
I know fersis and I have volunteered to fund it, but I'm not sure if I'm a good candidate to man it. Won't be around as much.
Too bad you can't modify console server settings through the pc.

Let's get this straightened out fast so we can grab one when it's available.
Knowing EA, they probably can't fulfill the demand anytime soon.

If you're interested in funding for a server, or just want to comment about it, write about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/7n36erq

Don't confuse this with the ps3 id listing though (see op)

I can't use Google Docs atm.. (I only turn on the laptop a few days a week, on wii now)

If the server requires alot of free time, I can do it since I'm home all the time due to being jobless.
I have a question, We can change the servers options(Ticket amount,HC, Health) on the fly on the PS3, right?

EDIT: IIRC, There can be admins for the server correct? Can they edit & fund the server? Or is that Owner only?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't use Google Docs atm.. (I only turn on the laptop a few days a week, on wii now)

If the server requires alot of free time, I can do it since I'm home all the time due to being jobless.
I have a question, We can change the servers options(Ticket amount,HC, Health) on the fly on the PS3, right?

EDIT: IIRC, There can be admins for the server correct? Can they edit & fund the server? Or is that Owner only?

I don't know... when I get home from classes tonight, I'm going to rent a server and mess around with it. Then I'll report back here (if someone doesn't beat me to it -- I have classes all day).

I maybe should reiterate though, that I'm not doing the gaf server. Would rather not deal with that. I nominate faceless or any of the other regulars who know the game maps/modes inside and out. They'd probably come up with the best playlist.

I'm just doing a server to experiment.

edit: Thanks for adding me Dream!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Anti Air rockets are weird, if the chopper/plane is right beside you like at 5 meters it doesnt lock on. Pretty annoying.
Or maybe it was lag because last night was laggy as hell.

hamchan

If the input lag is actually fixed then I'm back in this game. It felt so bad before I couldn't play this more than a few hours :-(

GodofWine

I noticed no changes from the patch at all so far, but my one question is did this do anything to address the broken squad system? Its really the only concern I ever had, ill take mav riding, just let me play and talk to my friends.

I don't know... when I get home from classes tonight, I'm going to rent a server and mess around with it. Then I'll report back here (if someone doesn't beat me to it -- I have classes all day).

I maybe should reiterate though, that I'm not doing the gaf server. Would rather not deal with that. I nominate faceless or any of the other regulars who know the game maps/modes inside and out. They'd probably come up with the best playlist.

I'm just doing a server to experiment.

edit: Thanks for adding me Dream!

You can't get one right now, they're all sold out.
Dice says it'll take them a week for them to get more servers up.
However, I have no faith in them actually meeting the demand anytime soon.
(not to mention when the DLC comes out.)

Hence the urgency to determine what's gonna happen with the official gaf server.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I have some money in my PSN acct now($10 ment to get $5 but oh well).. Gonna rent a server for a day when I see an opening..mess around...See if the name can be changed, ETC.. and see if Admins(?) are able to extend the rental

If they can edit and fund the server then We can make that the Offical server

The change notes are too long and exceeds GAF's character count limit per post...

Will have to break it up and post it later.

Anyway, for those of you who were too lazy to go read it yourself:

DISABLE ANTI-ALIASING ON PS3 TO REDUCE INPUT LAG
PlayStation 3 players may now turn off anti-alias in the options menu to reduce input lag.

Shadybiz

I noticed no changes from the patch at all so far, but my one question is did this do anything to address the broken squad system? Its really the only concern I ever had, ill take mav riding, just let me play and talk to my friends.

I would like to know this as well. I know this guy in real life, and because of the crappiness of the squad system (i.e., almost always getting separated after partying up pre-game, and having to try several times to get together) we have basically shelved the game, along with our other friends. Shame, too, because the rest of the game is so fantastic.

gl0w

finnay i was able to rent a server, and i can say that the tweaks and options available are pretty extensive. I'm surprised.

Not sure if anyone notice, but, in battlelog from the Multiplayer Menu > you have 2 new options, views matches or create a matche, looks like a new feature. I hope is some kind of tournament or competition.

hagaf22

Neo Member
The Anti Air rockets are weird, if the chopper/plane is right beside you like at 5 meters it doesnt lock on. Pretty annoying.
Or maybe it was lag because last night was laggy as hell.

Yeah don't like the extremely limited range. They are way more powerful, but they limited range with the jets speed mean for limited lock-on time.

Boss Man

I knocked a chopper out of the air with an (unguided) RPG on Damavand Peak last night. That is so, so satisfying.

Overall, I am super pleased with the changes so far. I even feel like I might be slightly more comfortable in tanks now. Tank battles are not dependent upon who has an engineer standing behind them, and the turrets (which I've always thought were very powerful) are even stronger. Honestly, the fact that mines are a bit more hidden now is probably the biggest change to tanks- and it's a fair one IMO. Mines are pretty useless when they're lit up all over the place. The next biggest impact is jets having better air-to-ground capabilities against tanks, which is kind of a specialized problem (i.e. if enemy jets are allowed to fly around over top of you with no competition).

I thought jets needed to be toned down because of how big of an advantage they had over helicopters, but without the ability to smash them out of the air and fly away, that has changed a lot as well.

Fixing the frag spam on the USAS went a long way too. It's still an annoying weapon, but at least now you don't have people spamming that shit across the map like they're pissing LAV rounds.

I think they made a lot of positive changes, toyed with some fairly difficult balance issues, and managed to come out with something that is both more enjoyable and more balanced than before.

meppi

I would like to know this as well. I know this guy in real life, and because of the crappiness of the squad system (i.e., almost always getting separated after partying up pre-game, and having to try several times to get together) we have basically shelved the game, along with our other friends. Shame, too, because the rest of the game is so fantastic.

From the couple of hours I played last night, squad joining seems to fixed.
Every time I joined someones game, I ended up in their squad, unless they already had 4 people in it.

The controls finally are "fixed" as well. Not 100% perfectly responsive it seems, but you won't hear me complaining about them anymore.
It's not worth whining about any longer.

I knocked a chopper out of the air with an (unguided) RPG on Damavand Peak last night. That is so, so satisfying.

Shot down my first jet with an regular RPG last night. :)
A lot more fun now that things seem to work like they should.
Still, it won't keep me from going back to BC2 on 360 on a regular basis.

If a vehicle is about to blow...Don't go near it to attempt to repair it T_T
Also if you want to destroy it with the torch, be sure to be prepared for a suicide maneuver.
I don't know why, but I seem to remember surviving my first couple of tank sabotages that way. Yet in the past week or two, I did 4 or 5 of them and every single time I get a suicide from it. :-/

Evolved1

The VAL has extended mag now? Hmm I wonder if this will be the spiritual rebirth of the beloved VSS...

Evolved1

Wow... have you guys seen they prices for kit unlocks? Amazingly overpriced. What a bunch of fucking cunts.

I just want optics for the sniper rifles I will never use with traditional 12x rifle scopes... they want 9 fucking dollars?

Suck my dick EA, I'd rather give my money to a crackhead.

Avinexus

Wow... have you guys seen they prices for kit unlocks? Amazingly overpriced. What a bunch of fucking cunts.

I just want optics for the sniper rifles I will never use with traditional 12x rifle scopes... they want 9 fucking dollars?

Suck my dick EA, I'd rather give my money to a crackhead.

What is the point of even paying to unlock everything? Half the fun is unlocking everything by yourself.

From the couple of hours I played last night, squad joining seems to fixed.
Every time I joined someones game, I ended up in their squad, unless they already had 4 people in it.

The controls finally are "fixed" as well. Not 100% perfectly responsive it seems, but you won't hear me complaining about them anymore.
It's not worth whining about any longer.

Shot down my first jet with an regular RPG last night. :)
A lot more fun now that things seem to work like they should.
Still, it won't keep me from going back to BC2 on 360 on a regular basis.
maybe they mean "joining a game from the menu as a party of 4 and having all 4 people ending up in the same game, on the same team, in the same squad.", which... i don't know if it's fixed, haven't tried yet, but i doubt it.

What is the point of even paying to unlock everything? Half the fun is unlocking everything by yourself.

maybe for you. unlocking is boring and tedious. and sometimes frustrating.

tn2007

You can count me in for that. Should be great gun

Yeah I would love to see how we stack up against a competing clan. Btw we just had a frustrating game against your QxT guys. 7 guys from that clan vs 3 gaffers and we barely won by 3 tickets thanks to faceless capping D and C at the end. I played well in the beginning but got so upset because they almost came back from 90 tickets, and I started to rush the way I play.

3 gaffers vs 7 QxT

Yeah I would love to see how we stack up against a competing clan. Btw we just had a frustrating game against your QxT guys. 7 guys from that clan vs 3 gaffers and we barely won by 3 tickets thanks to faceless capping D and C at the end. I played well in the beginning but got so upset because they almost came back from 90 tickets, and I started to rush the way I play.

3 gaffers vs 7 QxT

yeah, i was flying around and stuff cause we were winning.. i mean, not handily, but we had the lead and i thought we had it on lock.. and then all of a sudden they have all 4 bases!? wtf? so we had to get down and dirty. and hey, there was a random at D with me, chilling in his jeep tricked out with C4, so i can't take all the credit. plus, you guys distracted them at B and from the spotting i saw, it looked like their whole team went to B!

paskowitz

yeah, except I also shot down 2 guys who tried to do that with my rpg/tank.

It only works on idiots (most people) and it helps to move in random directions. Also, I do not do it on maps that provide zero cover. It works well on places like D at Caspian Border, A at Karg, C at Op Firestorm, etc. Otherwise, yeah no, bad idea. Sure, I get shot down, but nobody can say I was not helping the team.

tn2007

Is anyone else having trouble killing people with burst fire? Since the foregrip nerf I am having trouble finding an attachment to help me kill people greater than 25m with short bursts. I swear I'm aiming at their chest but I get no hit marker. It's so annoying because I use to be able to kill people 25+m out easily.

Evolved1

Unlocking things is not "fun" in any way. Not. At. All.

Especially when I'm not one of the 9 million useless goddamned "snipers", and would like to use CQB optics on the semi autos... but I can't do that without either A) going iron sights for hours until I unlock what I actually need/want or B) run around with a POS rifle scope that only exists for the pussies who prone-hide miles away from anywhere meaningful.

I'm annoyed to have to unlock non-cosmetic shit. I hate the trend. And I'm also annoyed to pay for something twice (buying the game and then buying access to the shit on the disc I already paid for) but the worst fucking thing--the part I really take issue with--is the highway robbery for the unlocks. It's fucking despicable to shake down people that just spent 60+ on your game. And I waste money on gaming stuff all the time, but this is just a bit too over the top... The unlocks almost cost more than the fucking game!

Unlocking things is not "fun" in any way. Not. At. All.

Especially when I'm not one of the 9 million useless goddamned "snipers", and would like to use CQB optics on the semi autos... but I can't do that without either A) going iron sights for hours until I unlock what I actually need/want or B) run around with a POS rifle scope that only exists for the pussies who prone-hide miles away from anywhere meaningful.

I'm annoyed to have to unlock non-cosmetic shit. I hate the trend. And I'm also annoyed to pay for something twice (buying the game and then buying access to the shit on the disc I already paid for) but the worst fucking thing--the part I really take issue with--is the highway robbery for the unlocks. It's fucking despicable to shake down people that just spent 60+ on your game. And I waste money on gaming stuff all the time, but this is just a bit too over the top... The unlocks almost cost more than the fucking game!

hey now, the iron sights are pretty good on the default recon rifles. i used them with great success.

Evolved1

hey now, the iron sights are pretty good on the default recon rifles. i used them with great success.

I use them sometimes too... I mean, it's not like there's any other option!

Still, the point is that unlocks are an unnecessarily limiting factor in kit flexibility and I don't like it one bit!

Wake Island is Assault on like every version of Battlefield except 1943, where it's Head On.

V2mMS.jpg

oh, and yes, you can mix modes.

Fantastic. Can't wait :D

meppi

So I join gl0w in a game. He's playing on the PSK public server with a bunch of clan mates and only a few randoms.
Metro Conquest, no big deal.
I storm in, take 2 guys out and die. Repawn, rush in to take over point B, take out 2 guys with my 870 and slugs, one camper that's peeking around a far-away corner with a rocket between the eyes.
Make my way towards the flag, start capping, look behind the wall kill another one.
Two guys spot me, I retreat since I'm out of ammo and await them with my M9.

*DISCONNECT* *You were kicked by a server admin*

What a crock of shit.

Top Bottom