• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

It goes really back and forth for me as well.
Guess it'll take a little to get used to it.

One thing I already hate is how a single decent helicopter pass completely destroys a tank without any means of retaliating till it's too late.
That just can't be what they were going for, right?

On second thought, it's DICE....

It will take some time until I'm at the same level I was before the patch. I'm having a hard time shooting guys running vertically from me, plus it feels like people take more damage before going down now! It must be my imagination...

I haven't played with tanks that much after the patch, but I always thought that a single helicopter pass with a good gunner was all it took to take down one.

On the patch notes it was mentioned that the attack chopper mini gun would do less damage to armored vehicles, but tanks fell much more fragile IMO after the patch!

Anyone know the actual reason why 360 patch is taking so long?

It shouldn't take much longer. PC patch is confirmed for this week. 360 will probably be out by the weeks end, or the beginning of the next one.

meppi

It will take some time until I'm at the same level I was before the patch. I'm having a hard time shooting guys running vertically from me, plus it feels like people take more damage before going down now! It must be my imagination...

I haven't played with tanks that much after the patch, but I always thought that a single helicopter pass with a good gunner was all it took to take down one.

On the patch notes it was mentioned that the attack chopper mini gun would do less damage to armored vehicles, but tanks fell much more fragile IMO after the patch!

From my experience a good chopper pilot certainly could do a lot of damage to a tank, but he wouldn't be able to destroy a tank at 100% unless he attacked from the back.
Even then, the chance of him blowing you up would be extremely slim.
You certainly had enough time to jump out and repair it so it had a fighting chance till the next pass.

But it seems like now it doesn't matter much how they hit you. If they can get a good salvo on you as well as a missile, you're done for without a chance to escape.
Won't even mention the slow-ass repair combo. :-/
Had this happen 3 times on Karg Island yesterday.

I can see why they toned down tanks towards other tanks and engineers, but not against helicopters or jets.
Feels like they just fix one problem without taking into account what the effect might be on everything else.

Also not liking how the game now crashes even moreso than it did before.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 said:
Another big batch of available PS3 servers to rent now available in addition to this morning´s increase. #NICE

Im at the office so i cant rent one >_<

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Im at the office so i cant rent one >_<

I have a US server... It`s name is my GAF user name

it is Password protected (PW below in email quotes)

Admins can edit the server settings... Dont know if they can extend the rental

You can change it to ranked/unranked anytime

Rebel Leader

Made faceless,evolved,olimpia & dreamgazer admin

I only rented the server for a day, but I have enough to extend it a week..

BoatAck

No they move the same they are just made out of paper now.

Yeah, I took two hits from an RPG and was done for, though I survived two tank engagements fine. It just seemed like the boost speed was reduced. I've only played three or four games post patch.

Majanew

Banned
Makes me happy to read about tanks being weakened, they were too powerful. A well placed SMAW shot will take out a tank in real life. :p And don't get me started on the javelin, that would blow up the tank and all in it and those around it.

landing a jet @ the gas station base on kharg..

<3

Makes me happy to read about tanks being weakened, they were too powerful. A well placed SMAW shot will take out a tank in real life. :p And don't get me started on the javelin, that would blow up the tank and all in it and those around it.

and a well placed medkit will fix those bullet holes right up!

I'm assuming admin can change server settings without the need of the server owner?

That should make things easier...

man I'm so tempted to drive home during lunch to do my purchase......

Rebel Leader

I'm assuming admin can change server settings without the need of the server owner?

That should make things easier...

man I'm so tempted to drive home during lunch to do my purchase......

From what it says Admins can edit the server settings & manage players

I would like to know if they can pay to extend the rental

Why drive? I have a server =D
Which you are a admin in *wink wink*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Asked Zh1nt0 about it:
"Are all server admins able to renew the server lease or just the original buyer/admin?"

His response:
Zh1nt0 said:
"Server admins :)"
"Or the person whose account is put down for purchase"
So it looks like any admin can renew the rent.

Gonna try Rebel Leader during lunch break. :3

Rebel Leader

Asked Zh1nt0 about it:
"Are all server admins able to renew the server lease or just the original buyer/admin?"

His response:

So it looks like any admin can renew the rent.

Gonna try Rebel Leader during lunch break. :3

Whats your PSN acct?

The server has a password due to me wanting to pract-.... train my chopper flying
---
Faceless did you go to rent a server?

Assuming any servers are still available by the time I get back home...
I'll probably try to grab 2 servers.
One for official GAF (90 day) and one for unranked/fly school GAF (Week)

Rebel Leader

Try again, I just went to rent a server, picked the rental amount, and it asks me if I want to start a new server or extend my lease.

I checked new servers and only: WestUS, EastUS & Europe are available

drexplora

maybe for you. unlocking is boring and tedious. and sometimes frustrating.

i can almost feel where ur coming from but dude...the only requirement to getting unlocks is playing the game...thats it!!
u dont have to maplestory it...

Its meant to give you unlocks as you play through the game and the unlocks are centered mostly around the type of fighter you are.

You cant complain about not having missiles in a certain helicopter if ur no good flying heli's and dont even spend any time on em..

Whatever unlock you want will come soon enough by dedicating time with the class or vehicle your playing. And by then you would have earned whatever unlock you wanted by hard work and youll be a better player for it.

No one has the skills to handle and master all unlocks in the game their first play through.
Im almost at 100 hours and have my medic and engi fully unlocked. im at level 37 and i havent touched much of the recon or support classes. My vehicles are about 50 maybe 60% unlocked.
I still get unlocks on a pretty consistent basis and there are about 50% guns in the game i havent really used

The only issue i see arising in the future is if for some reason i need a new account or if i loose mine, it would suck having to start all over with nothing lol but at the same time its incentive to play!

So yea if it were up to me id remove the whole pay to unlock features they dont make sense in the game and could even mess with the balance having too much of 1 thing on the battlefield which wouldnt have been possible without unlocks, as people can only use equipment theyve unlocked.
------

I was also able to take down a chopper with an RPG round in Devaman Peak a few nights ago before this patch!!
Felt so rewarding lol!
ive been wanting to do that forever and now im gonna try to get that shot over and over!

Havent played the patch yet but am going to check it out ASAP!

JJD

This is not real life bro, by your logic everyone should die in 1 shot to the chest.

Driving a tank now is almost like a chopper, you're always hearing locking sounds from guys miles away. 2 shots and you're screwed. Tanks were balanced even against other tanks, what I complained before is that they took too long to take out on 1 on 1 tank battles. But on infantry battles if I had cover I could seriously damage or destroy a tank by myself pre patch with the regular RPG. A squad could make short work of a tank even if he had a gunner.

Edit: Beaten!

Rebel Leader

Dream I can rent another server now if you want me to. I can only do a day but you can give me PSN card codes to extend the rental

EastUS, WestUS & Europe still available

Fersis

Ok gonna mess around on Rebel Leader server.
Thanks buddy!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i can almost feel where ur coming from but dude...the only requirement to getting unlocks is playing the game...thats it!!
u dont have to maplestory it...

Its meant to give you unlocks as you play through the game and the unlocks are centered mostly around the type of fighter you are.

You cant complain about not having missiles in a certain helicopter if ur no good flying heli's and dont even spend any time on em..

Whatever unlock you want will come soon enough by dedicating time with the class or vehicle your playing. And by then you would have earned whatever unlock you wanted by hard work and youll be a better player for it.

No one has the skills to handle and master all unlocks in the game their first play through.
Im almost at 100 hours and have my medic and engi fully unlocked. im at level 37 and i havent touched much of the recon or support classes. My vehicles are about 50 maybe 60% unlocked.
I still get unlocks on a pretty consistent basis and there are about 50% guns in the game i havent really used

The only issue i see arising in the future is if for some reason i need a new account or if i loose mine, it would suck having to start all over with nothing lol but at the same time its incentive to play!

So yea if it were up to me id remove the whole pay to unlock features they dont make sense in the game and could even mess with the balance having too much of 1 thing on the battlefield which wouldnt have been possible without unlocks, as people can only use equipment theyve unlocked.
------

I was also able to take down a chopper with an RPG round in Devaman Peak a few nights ago before this patch!!
Felt so rewarding lol!
ive been wanting to do that forever and now im gonna try to get that shot over and over!

Havent played the patch yet but am going to check it out ASAP!

What in the fuck...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well... you know after these servers are out there a while, people are about to get mean in the jets and stuff.

And you can bet any kind of glitch or exploit will be mastered by the many to the point of expert precision.

lol.

Fun times ahead.

Dream I can rent another server now if you want me to. I can only do a day but you can give me PSN card codes to extend the rental

EastUS, WestUS & Europe still available

I would prefer to have it under my account.
I can give you my account details, can you login and make the purchase for me?
(I'll purchase a PSN card now if you need funding.)

Fersis

Couldnt find the option to renew the lease :(
Apparently only the owner can.

I have a US server... It`s name is my GAF user name

You can change it to ranked/unranked anytime

I'm on the server now dicking around with air vehicles. Running smooth.

=D

Fersis

Gladly surprised by the level of customization. :3

Rebel Leader

QUOTE: I have a US server... It`s name is my GAF user name

You can change it to ranked/unranked anytime:/quote
^^^^^^^^^
What are the server details? (title/PW) I might jump on for a few mins.

Top Bottom