• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Boss Man

I'd like to get in on this GAF server! I have a little break at the moment (will be back on for longer tonight).

My PSN is Malpractice.

i can almost feel where ur coming from but dude...the only requirement to getting unlocks is playing the game...thats it!!
u dont have to maplestory it...

Its meant to give you unlocks as you play through the game and the unlocks are centered mostly around the type of fighter you are.

You cant complain about not having missiles in a certain helicopter if ur no good flying heli's and dont even spend any time on em..

Whatever unlock you want will come soon enough by dedicating time with the class or vehicle your playing. And by then you would have earned whatever unlock you wanted by hard work and youll be a better player for it.

No one has the skills to handle and master all unlocks in the game their first play through.
Im almost at 100 hours and have my medic and engi fully unlocked. im at level 37 and i havent touched much of the recon or support classes. My vehicles are about 50 maybe 60% unlocked.
I still get unlocks on a pretty consistent basis and there are about 50% guns in the game i havent really used

The only issue i see arising in the future is if for some reason i need a new account or if i loose mine, it would suck having to start all over with nothing lol but at the same time its incentive to play!

So yea if it were up to me id remove the whole pay to unlock features they dont make sense in the game and could even mess with the balance having too much of 1 thing on the battlefield which wouldnt have been possible without unlocks, as people can only use equipment theyve unlocked.
------

I was also able to take down a chopper with an RPG round in Devaman Peak a few nights ago before this patch!!
Felt so rewarding lol!
ive been wanting to do that forever and now im gonna try to get that shot over and over!

Havent played the patch yet but am going to check it out ASAP!

it's funny that you mentioned the whole "new account" thing, as i play on both consoles, but had the 360 version for a month before the PS3 version. i still remember how crappy it was to know what i needed to do in specific situations but couldn't because i didn't have a specific item unlocked.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't get my sever changes to update... :(

edit: figured it out.

I'm a 58 Colonel. PSN name KahrMatri. I'm browsing GAF on my PS3 so I 'm not seeing the Rebel Leader PW I guess. Guess I'll try contacting over PS3.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well, We have 2 servers. Mine & evolved's... We can have 1 open & rank (Which evolved has) and 1 private (Which is mine)

EDIT: Evolved had
EDIT 2: has... It's just no one in it

tn2007

I don't know if it's been fixed or not but unranked games counted towards my stats yesterday. Can someone test this out?

Evolved1

I added a bunch of you as server admins... so, you can bypass the password and set a new one, or remove it.

Change whatever you want. It only takes a couple seconds to toggle/refresh the settings. I'm not sure if you can overwrite my map selection. Probably not. But if it's possible, try not to. I'd rather not have to redo that all the time. I'm pretty sure you can have multiple custom rotations and settings, so it shouldn't be a problem.

However... please don't be a dick to random people. If the server is open to smurfs, then they should receive the respect we'd give other gaffers. Don't mass boot and shit like that or act like jerks. I don't think any of you guys are jerks, though, so we should be good.

I added a bunch of you as server admins... so, you can bypass the password and set a new one, or remove it.

Change whatever you want. It only takes a couple seconds to toggle/refresh the settings. I'm not sure if you can overwrite my map selection. Probably not. But if it's possible, try not to. I;d rather not have to redo that all the time. I'm pretty sure you can have multiple custom rotations and settings, so it shouldn't be a problem.

However... please don't be a dick to random people. If the server is open to smurfs, then they should receive the respect we'd give other gaffers. Don't mass boot and shit like that or act like jerks. I don't think any of you guys a re jerks, though, so we should be good.

Can we turn spawn on squad leader only on? ~("~)

Evolved1

Can we turn spawn on squad leader only on? ~("~)

I already have that on. And FF. But you can change whatever.

I also have health regen off... to pressure teams into having assaults (to heal) instead of everyone being engineer. But you can change that.

I have a feeling gaf won't like that.

So adjust whatever you'd like. Really.

Change whatever you want. It only takes a couple seconds to toggle/refresh the settings. I'm not sure if you can overwrite my map selection. Probably not. But if it's possible, try not to. I'd rather not have to redo that all the time. I'm pretty sure you can have multiple custom rotations and settings, so it shouldn't be a problem.

However... please don't be a dick to random people. If the server is open to smurfs, then they should receive the respect we'd give other gaffers. Don't mass boot and shit like that or act like jerks. I don't think any of you guys are jerks, though, so we should be good.
I checked on Codmaul's server a few hours ago. Admins can change everything ecxept adding and removing Admins.

I already have that on. And FF. But you can change whatever.

I also have health regen off... to pressure teams into having assaults (to heal) instead of everyone being engineer. But you can change that.

I have a feeling gaf won't like that.

So adjust whatever you'd like. Really.
Killcam? Doritos?

Evolved1

The only issue I see with these custom servers is that your friends can join freely... which is actually cool... but sometimes means they will unknowingly join one of the mess-around sessions, or an otherwise empty server.

Just happened with rockscar a min ago... I was tooling around and he joined. I wasted his time a bit, unfortunately.

I don't know how you could avoid this... might be a little annoying.

Evolved1

I checked on Codmaul's server a few hours ago. Admins can change everything ecxept adding and removing Admins.

Killcam? Doritos?

I turned off the KC... but left both flavors of Doritos.

Can we have more than one custom rotation saved... that's the question.

Thanks. That worked. Now why isn't anyone playing? What's the name of Evolved's server?

For now it's just my PSN name... and atm it's password protected so no one will really be in there. And I already forgot the password, lol.

Any admin can change it though. haha

why didn't anybody tell me that the G3GC was god tier. Its. So. Damn. Good.

I've been using the M4A1 from launch, like a fool. A DAMNED FOOL!

After not playing xbox version for the past month, I decided to go back and try it before the patch. Literally everybody was whoring the USAS or Famas. I will just wait for the patch to fix this bullshit.

375 ticket RUSH servers...

:lol

After not playing xbox version for the past month, I decided to go back and try it before the patch. Literally everybody was whoring the USAS or Famas. I will just wait for the patch to fix this bullshit.

i lol @ the peeps who just killed me with an M16 and M416... both had FAMAS tags with 700 and 1000 kills

Rebel Leader

I am thinking Gonna extend my rental by 8 days. Make it public ranked. BF3 standard settings.

I guess

---

@Evolved We can have more then 1 custom map rotation saved
---
IMPORTANT NOTICE

I changed my server to public ranked

Changed server name to:
NEOGAF: Rebel Leader's server

spidye

yeah the patch 'fixed' this problem.
nobody uses usas or famas anymore

Fracas

#fuckonami
The release of the 360 patch hasn't been said yet, right?
I'd assume it's Tuesday. Been away from BF3 for while, definitely getting back into it after the patch.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've been getting ridiculous lag issues the last couple of days, I know it's not only limited to Battlefield 3 but I've tried everything and I really want to get back on. I've no idea what's causing it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had some cool matches in the GAF server, ill play again after dinner.

Is Seine Crossing in the rotation? CUZ IT HAS TO!

Rebel Leader

Had some cool matches in the GAF server, ill play again after dinner.

Is Seine Crossing in the rotation? CUZ IT HAS TO!
You want Seine in rotation? OK, it will be done in a few minutes.

EDIT: it's already in there it appears after kharg island

Top Bottom