• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I have 7 maps in rotation. Do you think that's too many? They are as shown:

Wake island - CQA: day 2
Casbin boarder - CQ
Operation firestorm - CQ
Damavan peak - CQ
Sharqi peninsula - CQA
Kharg island - CQ
Seine crossing - CQ

Was unsure about adding rush in to rotation.

meppi

Not at all. Variety is good, especially since you can't get any conquest servers that do all maps (vanilla+karkand) without getting rush mixed in there.
Well, besides the epic battle ones, but those limit the maps as well.

MrBig

Not at all. Variety is good, especially since you can't get any conquest servers that do all maps (vanilla+karkand) without getting rush mixed in there.
Well, besides the epic battle ones, but those limit the maps as well.

P# servers play all maps on a single gametype (rush, CQ, whatever that server is) in a random rotation. Those and Epic Battles are the only ones I bother to join.

I have 7 maps in rotation. Do you think that's too many? They are as shown:

Wake island - CQA: day 2
Casbin boarder - CQ
Operation firestorm - CQ
Damavan peak - CQ
Sharqi peninsula - CQA
Kharg island - CQ
Seine crossing - CQ

Was unsure about adding rush in to rotation.

It's your server.
Personally I would add kharg and canal rush on the official server unless people actually object

meppi

P# servers play all maps on a single gametype (rush, CQ, whatever that server is) in a random rotation. Those and Epic Battles are the only ones I bother to join.

For some reason I get nothing but connection errors when trying to join P servers. :-/

Evolved> Should I change the server password so non-admin gaffers can join the server?

Also i changed the server to unranked for now to mess with stuff..

----------
edit: you can't crash vehicles to the ground when there's not enough players

Rebel Leader

Evolved> Should I change the server password so non-admin gaffers can join the server?

The password is only useful when you select private

When the server is privare ,Everyone has to input the password even the owner. Unless you go to friends and join

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

----------
edit: you can't crash vehicles to the ground when there's not enough players

Anything you want dream... tonight I promised my cousins I'd play CoD with them 0_o so i won't be on BF. So do whatever you like with the sever. Change anything you want.

Shadybiz

Since we're a group of 4, we all party up at a designated time, and when we hit "Go," it usually becomes a total crapshoot no matter what we do (matchmaking, server browser, etc). I was hoping that would get fixed here. Having to spend 2-3 matches trying to actually get together is not a fun time. Crossing my fingers.

I'll be damned. Played tonight with two others. Partied up beforehand, hit Go...and we ended up not only on the same map, and on the same team, but on the same squad, as well, much to our amazement. This was the first time in a long time that this has happened, so we were very excited. Hopefully that wasn't just a fluke. Went 4-0 before I left. Felt good, man.

Jas

Can't figure out where I can upload a banner on battlelog (could be because I'm in a phone)

Someone posted this on the Battlefield forums...

On the battlelog towards the top right go to:
Multiplayer->Your Servers

Size is like 512px x 128px

and this...

Haven't tried uploading one to mine but here's what it say's on the page you do it on.

Your Servers
Choose and upload a new banner or delete your current one.
When uploading a new banner, check the following:
Must be 512px x 128px
Must be of type JPEG
File size is under 500kB

Hope that helps.

got one kill on glow's psk server, got kicked by an admin straight after.

So I unwillingly join the Metro shitclan server again as I follow dreamgazer into a game.

Haven't even fired one shot. Start capping a flag. Kicked again. WTF.

If those retard admins of PSK don't want pubbies to enter their server then they should make it private. Oh and perhaps not call the server "public" in the title either. FFS

I've been thinking about this... is it possibly the VIP feature in operation? If someone is added as a VIP on the server, it says they don't have to wait in a queue to join a full game. I guess that either means that they go straight to first place in a queue, or one of the existing non-VIP gamers gets kicked. Maybe the latter is what happened to you guys?

I'm curious as to exactly how the VIP thing works and which of those options it actually is.

I've been thinking about this... is it possibly the VIP feature in operation? If someone is added as a VIP on the server, it says they don't have to wait in a queue to join a full game. I guess that either means that they go straight to first place in a queue, or one of the existing non-VIP gamers gets kicked. Maybe the latter is what happened to you guys?

I'm curious as to exactly how the VIP thing works and which of those options it actually is.

Nope we were just kicked cause their clan decided to play a pistol, knife, grenade game....on metro.

The teams were hardly full.

Well in that case, does anyone know how the VIP join process works on a full server? Does it kick a random non-VIP off the rented server, or does the VIP simply jump to the front of the queue to get in?

Well in that case, does anyone know how the VIP join process works on a full server? Does it kick a random non-VIP off the rented server, or does the VIP simply jump to the front of the queue to get in?

According to this it pushes them to the front of the queue.

WHAT IS A SERVER VIP?

SERVER ADMINISTRATORS CAN DESIGNATE PLAYERS AS VIPS. THESE PLAYERS WILL SKIP TO THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE WHEN JOINING ANY SERVER THEY ARE A VIP IN.

olimpia84

Joined a random Caspian Border, 1000 ticket round. Enemy has all flags and winning by 350 tickets and is full of Colonels including one 100+ level. End result: we end up winning by 200 tickets! That was fun, thanks for joining Blue

Rebel Leader

My lord, the items you requested have been aquired. I made myself an admin =3. Also made them private

2 1 week EastUS servers
--
You can't extend the lease untill the day(or 2?) before it expires

Just when I want to ban people useing MAVators

People should beable to set retrictions.

EA claims they're not doing it on purpose and that there is actually some sort of error going on.

Not to mention the people who claims to have their access taken away can still ban people from the servers.

Rebel Leader

EA claims they're not doing it on purpose and that there is actually some sort of error going on.

Not to mention the people who claims to have their access taken away can still ban people from the servers.

I read the 1st post on page 9.... It does sound like it

Evolved1

Lol... I got trolled by codmaul.

Dude, no profanity. Or gaddamned ponies, thanks. wtf haha

Evolved1

How do you freelook in the cockpit... I know it's possible... having done it by accident once.

Rebel Leader

How do you freelook in the cockpit... I know it's possible... having done it by accident once.

I be back on in a few to help figure that out..

But more importantly... who did uploading that banner?

Well, thanks Evolved. I wish admins did not have that much power

Top Bottom