• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

U2NUMB

Yeah, but what the hell could be holding it up is what I want to know.

Based on the fact that Battlefields twitter is full of PS3 users complaining bout their systems locking up post patch could be something as simple as that. MS held it up due to something big and Sony let it by.

But honestly we will never know.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hate using the f-35 so much.

Yeah... I don't like it either. Try and throttle down during a bank and it goes into the annoying hover mode.

Wish you could force stalls in the other aircraft like you can in the old Ace Combat games.

meppi

Based on the fact that Battlefields twitter is full of PS3 users complaining bout their systems locking up post patch could be something as simple as that. MS held it up due to something big and Sony let it by.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Even the update itself crashed for me and 2 other people I know personally.
For one of these it even crashed twice in a row! lol
Quality control doesn't seem to be on Sony's priority list any longer.

edit
The Faceless Master
Banned
(Today, 08:11 PM)
The fuck? :-/

Evolved1

The fuck? :-/

I browsed through his history... didn't see anything offensive. But what do I know.

Dream said:
The question is can you win in a dogfight?

We'll see. At least now I don't immediately crash into the ground when I have to turn. And I don't have to go into options anymore and adjust vertical flight controls when I switch between jet and chopper. I was able to experiment with configs until I found one that best suited me. Though I wish I could fully customize the config, this is better than nothing.

Majanew

Banned

It's worse post patch? I've read all kinds of comments from PS3 users that it would freeze before the patch.

I've had less in game crashes, but alot more loading related crashes.

A really obvious one is that I can't have background downloads while accessing the psn store through the game at the same time. Otherwise it'll crash for me every single time.

CatPee

I need the glorious servers' info!

Oh, and seems like the freezes are linked to server stability. I've seen some instances where there's a mass instant exodus by ~16 people in a full 24-man server, so I'd assume they froze. I've gotten much less as time went on since the true release date of BF3.

I need the glorious servers' info!

I'll setup the official server when I get home >.>, it'll be rebel leader's cq rotation + non-clusterfuck rush maps(b2k + highway, capsin, firestorm, etc.)

The other server will be used as a experimental game type server (FF on, spawn on leader only, no regenerative health, 20% reduction on spawn time, 10% increase in man down time (to allow for revives.), kill cam on. All maps CQ + rush.

I'll setup the official server when I get home >.>, it'll be rebel leader's cq rotation + non-clusterfuck rush maps(b2k + highway, capsin, firestorm, etc.)

The other server will be used as a experimental game type server (FF on, spawn on leader only, no regenerative health, 20% reduction on spawn time, 10% increase in man down time (to allow for revives.), kill cam on. All maps CQ + rush.

kill cam on? 3d doritos too?

doesn't changing the spawn time and man down time make the server unranked?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Sounds good

Evolved1

I used my server to try and mimic BC1 as best I could... have an awfully terrible, cheesy banner and everything!

Basically... any good, large map with RUSH & CQ

FF on
Spawn on SL on (just cause I like it)
Health regen off
killcam off

It's ranked and open to the public, but will probably take a few days to get people playing on it.

Goddamn how I wish I could turn off the jets.

I'm actually not even remotely satisfied with the server options. We have no control over anything, really.

Pretty lame to pay for servers and not be able to toggle basic shit.

This is DICE's idea of customization: Vehicles on or off.

smh

kill cam on? 3d doritos too?

doesn't changing the spawn time and man down time make the server unranked?

I don't want to take everything away, since then I might as well make it a hardcore server. Killcam is debatable.
However, I want doritos on so that MAVs/TUGS could still be used for its PROPER PURPOSE.
Having all doritos off would kinda make recon even more useless from tactical standpoint

If we had more options I would have doritos spotting off for infantry only and keep it on for MAV/jet beam scanning.

----------------
Also, people should realize something about spawn on squad leader only : it's going to dramatically affect vehicle spawns.
Ex: you can't spawn on leader if he's in a full vehicle or jet. You can't spawn on other teammates who need gunners, cause they're not squad leaders, etc.

Boss Man

Finally got Colonel rank, and it came from a really fun round:

Malpractice

I knocked a helicopter out of the air with an unguided T-90 shell, and another with an unguided RPG. Definitely the most fun I've ever had in a single match.

I'm digging these long games. It gives you time to settle in and get a good feel for the match. I actually joined this one almost halfway through.

A-91 is beast. Also, I'm really, really not having a problem with tanks post-patch. The only thing that feels different to me is having to pay more attention to mines, and air-to-ground attacks being a bit more annoying. Javelins can be problematic, but they're slow enough to where you can usually kill the person and/or repair in time.

Official Server and Experimental Server both up. Both belong on US EAST. - No Password at the minute.

NEOGAF - PS3 - OFFICIAL SERVER[GAF]
Presets: No change except for Team Balance being off.

Maps:
Kharg Island Conquest
Capsin Rush
Seine Conquest
Kharg Rush
Firestorm Conquest
Highway Rush
Damavand Conquest
Firestorm Rush
Wake Island Day 2 Conquest Assault
Norshar Rush
Karkland Day 2 Conquest Assault
Wake Island Rush
Gulf of Oman Conquest
Strike At Karkand Rush
Sharqui Day 2 Conquest Assault

NEOGAF - PS3 - EXPERIMENTAL SERVER (unranked)

Presets: FF - ON, REGEN - OFF, Leader Spawn - ON, Minimap/HUD - ON, 3D Dorito - OFF
Kill Cam - ON, 70% spawn time, 200% down time, 200% health.

Maps: All BF3 maps (all I can fit), on both conquest and rush variety.

--------------

Let me know if anyone think the rotations or presets need to be changed.

360 GAF
I'll be renting a server for a week (may extend if I feel its worth having) whenever this patch rolls around and wanted to get some feedback on the settings

Mode: Normal
Friendly Fire: Off
Kick Idle player after: 300 seconds
Team Balance: Yes
# of TK's before kick: 3
Ban player after number of kicks: 2
Vehicles: Yes
Regenerative health: No
Squad Leader only spawn: Yes
Show Minimap: Yes
Show HUD: Haven't decided, but leaning towards no
Use Minimap spotting: Yes
Use 3D Spotting: No
Killcam: Off

Game mode and rotation will be identical to "Epic Battles", but with 5 flag Wake replacing 3 flag Wake. Normal ticket count.

After the first day or two I'll start mixing it up for the modes/maps rotation.

MrBig

360 GAF
I'll be renting a server for a week (may extend if I feel its worth having) whenever this patch rolls around and wanted to get some feedback on the settings

Mode: Normal
Friendly Fire: Off
Kick Idle player after: 300 seconds
Team Balance: Yes
# of TK's before kick: 3
Ban player after number of kicks: 2
Vehicles: Yes
Regenerative health: No
Squad Leader only spawn: Yes
Show Minimap: Yes
Show HUD: Haven't decided, but leaning towards no
Use Minimap spotting: Yes
Use 3D Spotting: No
Killcam: Off

Game mode and rotation will be identical to "Epic Battles", but with 5 flag Wake replacing 3 flag Wake. Normal ticket count.

After the first day or two I'll start mixing it up for the modes/maps rotation.

Seems like a nice amalgamation of different modes, I'd play in it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yes you can. 5 flag wake is wake island day 2
ibwbXDjR8BwFtS.gif

Jtrizzy

Jesus. I wanted to play some PS3 tonight and I'm hit with a big ass patch that doesn't seem to add any content. Go into the game and am told that I have to re download B2K, "sorry for the inconvenience".

Anyway, I'd be down to go back to BC2 if they still haven't fixed the input lag.

Boss Man

Jesus. I wanted to play some PS3 tonight and I'm hit with a big ass patch that doesn't seem to add any content. Go into the game and am told that I have to re download B2K, "sorry for the inconvenience".

Anyway, I'd be down to go back to BC2 if they still haven't fixed the input lag.
Big ass patch is good ass patch. It does fix the input lag if you turn off AA (which is now an option).

Jtrizzy

oh cool...thanks for the heads up on the AA. Still seems odd to be that big, but oh well. I'm more annoyed that it somehow erased my B2K maps.

Top Bottom