• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Wow
what did you guys do?
Capped all flags + revive one another endlessly?
Cause 25 tickets can go quick just from people dying.

From what I remember.. We had their helicopter, our heli, all of our tanks(or most of them), All flags, held the line at Point A on Firestorm

Won by 3 tickets

Dabanton

Love some of these weird ass servers that have popped up

Gulf Of Oman,no vehicles and snipers only certainly made for an interesting match

OG Kush

Holy fuck, just found my new fav loadout:
SKS with red dot sight/holo and flash supressor. The supressor is great after the patch. This gun is a beast of a battle rifle.

and there's my first admin kick...

Caspian, the GAF side has 3 less players, still winning anyway, by like 200 tickets.

and i guess i shot down the admin's chopped too many times in my stolen hornet.

stay free hellsabeach

I don't understand the obsession with long Op Metro games any more than I understood the obsession with Karkand infantry only games in BF2. And then people wonder why the first DLC announced is "Close Quarters" :(

olimpia84

and there's my first admin kick...

Caspian, the GAF side has 3 less players, still winning anyway, by like 200 tickets.

and i guess i shot down the admin's chopped too many times in my stolen hornet.

stay free hellsabeach

Yeah I saw that. Two of my non-gaf friends got kicked out as well leaving our team with 6 against 11 colonels...and they still couldn't win lol

olimpia84

One of my worst afternoons in BF history, lost 5 games in a row...it felt like it was way more than that though. Hey Fersis, tell Demize to send me a new Dualshock controller; I crushed mine against the floor after the 5th loss and R2 doesn't work anymore.

One of my worst afternoons in BF history, lost 5 games in a row...it felt like it was way more than that though. Hey Fersis, tell Demize to send me a new Dualshock controller; I crushed mine against the floor after the 5th loss and R2 doesn't work anymore.

one more reason the game needs full controller config.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I heard you rage lol

meppi

Well, my 360 version arrived this morning and is installing right now.

Had a quick game or two before having to leave for work to see how it runs.
First thing that grabbed my attention was the controls.
They are simply put, perfect.
Precise and accurate to the pixel, yet super responsive when having to make instant large sweeps, but at the same time they stop on a dime.
Couldn't be happier with them.
Even though the controls from the PS3 patch felt much better when it hit, after getting used to them, it felt like sweep city again.
I feel like the 360 ones are an even bigger jump from the "fixed" PS3 controls, compared to the pre-patch to hack job fix.

It's all the more baffling that that DICE idiot even dared to mention to put your TV in game mode since the game played fine to them. Sheesh.

Anyway.
If anyone on 360 wants to add me to play a couple of games, the name is meppi64 as usual. ;)
Will take a bit to get my gear back though, but I don't think I'll suck too much.

meppi

you picked up the game at the right time. before last week, the controls were shit.

Wow really?
This is the first I heard about it.
I'm mainly talking about the actual aiming and moving around btw. Not so much about getting up from prone and such since those parts had their timings changed if I remember correctly.

Menelaus

Banned
It's like BLOPS and BC2 had a fat little baby. New controls are great all the way around.

Except that I'm not used to the recoil yet, at ALL.

No_Style

As fun as it was trying to outwit GAF squads by my lonesome, nothing makes me question my life decisions like playing on a Operation Metro 24/7 Maximum ticket count server.

tn2007

I quit when I saw that, happens a lot on pc.

Yeah sorry ejas they were being little babies. You should of seen Olimpia talking trash. Lol, he almost made the admin cry. I can't believe his stupid excuse too. "I just want to play with you guys." Than when I was going to play again the game froze. I'm never playing on their wack server again!

tn2007

As fun as it was trying to outwit GAF squads by my lonesome, nothing makes me question my life decisions like playing on a Operation Metro 24/7 Maximum ticket count server.

You were a thorn in my butt. Everytime I was capping C, here comes nostyle. It was fun though and but I hope to play more with you than against you.

Stupid freezes cost us that grand bazaar game. 59-11 before the disconnect. I swear the game always freezes when I'm either in first place and doing well, or when it's a close game. We were getting our revenge on damavand peak and boom freeze. Damn you DICE servers!!!!!!

What attachments are you using with it, if you don't mind me asking?

Flash suppressor and Holo sight.

Just had a smokin' match on caspian though. Me and Have At You were a 2 man wrecking crew. Our team was down on tickets pretty much the whole match. Near the end, the other team had 47 tickets and we had 2. Holding our flags, clutch revives and little deaths, and we came back to win with only 1 ticket left! Have At You also had a clutch chopper kill midway through the match that helped out a ton, it was a great shot with the SMAW.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/41505983/2/131800075/

Too bad we didn't get Ace Squad.

Dear GAF,

If you honestly want to play 24/7, 10billion tickets metro, you know we always have an official server for you to tweak.

Other than that, it was the "convo" that was more exciting than the game tonight.

yeah, so they ended up switching to the other side, quitting, rejoining with more of their clan members, capping 2/3 bases, kicking olimpia again, but GAF still won by 500. 800 point shift!

Yeah sorry ejas they were being little babies. You should of seen Olimpia talking trash. Lol, he almost made the admin cry. I can't believe his stupid excuse too. "I just want to play with you guys." Than when I was going to play again the game froze. I'm never playing on their wack server again!

yeah, he kept saying that. so then i was like "my mom told me not to play with strangers" and everyone laughed.

tn2007

yeah, so they ended up switching to the other side, quitting, rejoining with more of their clan members, capping 2/3 bases, kicking olimpia again, but GAF still won by 500. 800 point shift!
Lol they called in reinforcements and still lost. What a joke clan. Kick people that are better than you or switch them to your team. That should be their clan motto.

Lol they called in reinforcements and still lost. What a joke clan. Kick people that are better than you or switch them to your team. That should be their clan motto.

They managed to cap A B back, and I was worry we were only going to have a 1 flag win.

We ended up getting A and C back with B being capped. Denying them even a single bit of victory ~("~)

Jas

Switching up the teams in the middle of round always drives me nuts, especially in this case when you guys invested over a hour into building a 300 ticket lead.

No matter what happens the round is tainted, to me at least, so I don't even bother.

olimpia84

What happened tonight was by far the mot bizarre moment in my BF career. I was so pissed off because I was working my butt off (along with ejas, thn and faceless, the rest of our team was pretty weak imo) doing my stealth thingy by going to the opposite flag and placing spawn beacons...the lead changed so many times it wasn't even funny, and then when we finally got some breathing room BOOM I get switched to the other team.
What's funny is that the very first thing I've heard when I got switched was "who's that pussy recon with the shotgun" in reference to me...man I was owning the admin so bad with my MKA311 or whatever the name is.

So yeah, it's pretty clear that the reason he switched us is because he and his buddies were getting owned pretty hard but then he changed his story saying "teams were too unbalanced". Yeah right, unbalanced my ass...we had to work so hard to build that lead it wasn't even funny plus they had dream and nostyle...it made things x100 harder.

and lol @ all that yelling...I was like "ban me you effing a-hole, I dare you TO BAN ME FROM YOUR EFFING SERVER" then he's like "no I won't I just want to play with you guys" lmao

edit: Battle report for the lulz http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/40996426/4/199948029/

88 M26 Dart kills in that game, 130+ overall today. that thing is so ridiculous.

more kills today with it than from black friday until yesterday.

gKXbl.png

tn2007

Switching up the teams in the middle of round always drives me nuts, especially in this case when you guys invested over a hour into building a 300 ticket lead.

No matter what happens the round is tainted, to me at least, so I don't even bother.

That's what so upsetting about it. Why switch mid round after you worked so hard to get that lead. A 1750 ticket round is taxing mentally and physically. We finally got a nice lead and than they decide to switch the 3 top players from the winning team to theirs. But they also switch the 3 worst players on the losing team to the other. So instead of balancing they just team stacked. These admins need to relized they aren't gods just because they RENT a server.

Btw once ivy bridge comes out I'm going to play on the pc with you and dawnoflife.

tn2007

88 M26 Dart kills in that game, 130+ overall today. that thing is so ridiculous.

more kills today with it than from black friday until yesterday.

gKXbl.png

Yeah the m26 dart is no joke close range. It also penetrates too, so it's good close range to semi-mid range. Just checked my stats on it and I had 135 kills today with a 3.07 KPM with it.

tn2007

Dear GAF,

If you honestly want to play 24/7, 10billion tickets metro, you know we always have an official server for you to tweak.

Other than that, it was the "convo" that was more exciting than the game tonight.

Is the GAF server private or something? It's always empty, so I just use it to practice flying and to test out weapon attachments.

Top Bottom