• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Is the GAF server private or something? It's always empty, so I just use it to practice flying and to test out weapon attachments.

1) Too many private servers out there which makes it hard to search + fall to the bottom.
2) Normal settings is not popular.
3) Mixed server is not popular.
4) Not being populated to begin with make it less desirable to join.
5) GAF rather play 24/7 metro.

Endless negative cycle.

Once in a blue moon some randoms populate it, but that's about it.

edit:
you know what, f-this. I'll rent a separate server if you guys really want to.
We'll call it "24/7 Metro 3x tickets w/ Olimpia Simulcast [CQ]"

olimpia84

Just add Metro to the regular rotation in our current server and done. I'm sure randoms will populate it more often since it's by far the most played map in the game. And yeah, it's my favorite map but I'm not a fan of huge ticket counts. I can probably deal with 700 tickets but 1400 is just ridiculous (yet most of the Metro servers have that count)

Just add Metro to the regular rotation in our current server and done. I'm sure randoms will populate it more often since it's by far the most played map in the game. And yeah, it's my favorite map but I'm not a fan of huge ticket counts. I can probably deal with 700 tickets but 1400 is just ridiculous (yet most of the Metro servers have that count)

metro conquest added.....

Dr Prob

Banned
Hopping on to try and populate the xbox server!

bf34fd0a-501e-4672-98fe-69a51ce6f636.png

There's never anyone on there man. X'd it and everything, but it's not populating right.

Gotta populate it. With people.

JJD

Lol at the drama on that Metro game! I wish I was there to see it first hand!

I gotta get back to BF, but I refuse to drop Mass Effect 3 on the huge pile of games on my backlog...I gotta finish it! Just more 2 or 3 days!

No_Style

You were a thorn in my butt. Everytime I was capping C, here comes nostyle. It was fun though and but I hope to play more with you than against you.

I was a thorn to you, but going against a squad that works together was like sticking my hand into a thorn bush. I'd nullify one and then 3 others would stab me right after. :)

It's REALLY difficult for one person to disrupt a flag capture against a squad with medics. I can see why DICE gave the option to slow down the squad spawning with the "Spawn on squad leader only" option.

BoatAck

1) Too many private servers out there which makes it hard to search + fall to the bottom.
2) Normal settings is not popular.
3) Mixed server is not popular.
4) Not being populated to begin with make it less desirable to join.
5) GAF rather play 24/7 metro.

Endless negative cycle.

Once in a blue moon some randoms populate it, but that's about it.

edit:
you know what, f-this. I'll rent a separate server if you guys really want to.
We'll call it "24/7 Metro 3x tickets w/ Olimpia Simulcast [CQ]"

I have a server too. It's been full ever since I made it look like a -[DICE]- server. The preset is normal and the maps are just the conquest maps that I like. I made you an admin and added most of the GAF that are on my friends list and play frequently as VIPs.

-[DICE]- EPIC BATTLES - Normal 267856
http://bf3stats.com/server/ps3_aff6089c-8067-45b4-a08c-cfedaa577127

edit: Looks like its dead now :(

I have a server too. It's been full ever since I made it look like a -[DICE]- server. The preset is normal and the maps are just the conquest maps that I like. I made you an admin and added most of the GAF that are on my friends list and play frequently as VIPs.

-[DICE]- EPIC BATTLES - Normal 267856

edit: Looks like its dead now :(

I know you did, but as your edit indicated - it was dead also.

Btw, a couple of people were boosting on your server last night thanks to the 2p start lol.

(not GAF, but I was too lazy to just k/b them.)

Menelaus

Banned
There's never anyone on there man. X'd it and everything, but it's not populating right.

Gotta populate it. With people.

It's not populating because I can't ever get more than 2 people at a time on it.

I have, however, figured out a sure fire way to populate a server, but it takes 4-5 people to do it.

Each person randomly joins 2 servers and quits immediately. Then they go to the custom server and blindly invite everyone from the last 2 games. You'll always get 3-4 people join that way. If you do it with 4-5 people, you get enough for the quickmatch to take effect.

What would you do if you had rented a server for your clan so you could all play on one team. You had 8 members of your clan on your team, when a good squad joins the other team and starts to batter you?

Do you rage quit your own server or boot the good people on the other team?

Menelaus

Banned
doesn't change my answer. i'm very much against kicking players from a custom server...not a great way to foster goodwill with people you need to fill slots.

and i choose the 3rd option of stay in the server, and try new tactics that you wouldn't otherwise experiment with.

What would you do if you had rented a server for your clan so you could all play on one team. You had 8 members of your clan on your team, when a good squad joins the other team and starts to batter you?

I'll usually stay in a game as long as more than 1 of my clan mates remain.
I'm not going to pretend I would never rage quit a game, but I hate leaving people all alone to finish up a fight.

Booting people because you're losing (assuming not glitching) is just wrong imo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I got randomly killed a couple of times with a 'Killed by ADMIN' message.
With no gun icon or anything. :3
Oh and i got kicked from a server and dunno why.

I got randomly killed a couple of times with a 'Killed by ADMIN' message.
With no gun icon or anything. :3
Oh and i got kicked from a server and dunno why.

The admin wants to move the top player of the opposite team onto their own, so they kick you out to make room.
In other words, you didn't make the cut. You ain't good enough. You're just not wanted.

Exactly, so instead just switch the top players to your team!!!

No Olimpia, that's not right either.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The admin wants to move the top player of the opposite team onto their own, so they kick you out to make room.
In other words, you didn't make the cut. You ain't good enough. You're just not wanted.

The story of my life :(

olimpia84

Gulf of Oman shows up, I cross my fingers for the game not to freeze. We managed to win and right when I'm about to say "no way it didn't freeze" the game gets stuck in the "your team won" screen. SMH at that level post patch

play hard and try to learn from the other team.

Exactly, so instead just switch the top players to your team!!!
or this. switch them to your side so you can play with them!

hey now, if they paid for the server and they want to play with that clan, then that's what they're going to do! you're free to leave!

Gulf of Oman shows up, I cross my fingers for the game not to freeze. We managed to win and right when I'm about to say "no way it didn't freeze" the game gets stuck in the "your team won" screen. SMH at that level post patch

well, at least you should be on the scoreboard and get the win when that happens!

A couple of friends and I were in a squad and we were collectively kicked from a game by the admin, presumably for dominating the round. I consider it a great compliment, like getting hate mail.

Thn, M26 Dart count as shotgun/against server rules you know.

does any server out there even enforce their server rules? it never seems like any admins are actually enforcing rules, they just seem to either do nothing or kick/move people to give their team a boost.

and lol @ the canals game where i was 32-3. was cruising at 32-0 until a series of unfortunate meetings with a SMAW.

does any server out there even enforce their server rules? it never seems like any admins are actually enforcing rules, they just seem to either do nothing or kick/move people to give their team a boost.

and lol @ the canals game where i was 32-3. was cruising at 32-0 until a series of unfortunate meetings with a SMAW.

Farlaghn was enforcing the server rules until he left so.

Anyway, ragequitting and calling it a day. Can't carry team through all by myself, much as I tried.
W/l dropping back down to 6.13, *sigh*

Posting this (source):
a5pmN.png

Why didn't you switch over dream? It was only 3 gaffers and rock switched over. Well anyways the game disconnected on me so I wasted a bunch of time.

For the earlier game,
Same thing with the metro game earlier. When you finished bazaar you said you were going to go join botack. I thought it was because it wasn't fair for botack to be all alone vs you-nostyle and I. Then the metro round starts and nostyle you and Botack were all on one side. I thought one of you were going to switch over to balance but no. No one invited me so I wasn't sure what was going on. By the time I realize none of you were switching over, I felt responsible to help eragon (sp?) through since he was sincerely trying...

For the BML server games: the Seinen round was already the whole BML clan + you and botack stacked against rock and I. I don't want to join the other team since I rather have it as GAF vs. BML match. I was hoping that rock and you would switch over instead, but no.
In addition, Wes ,a gaf-bc2 lurker was also on on the other side. I also didn't feel like getting on that side since the admin kicked me off the server and kicked wes off twice during the seinen game.

Basically it's a misunderstanding on my part.

Eventually I realized I was the only one who even bothered to cap flags, with the rest of the squad all running back to C. I had enough when you and rock found my spawn point/mav, of which no one was spawning on.

tn2007

Cause the previous game was already the whole BML clan + you and botack stacked against rock and I. I don't want to join the other team since I rather have it as GAF vs. BML match. I was hoping that rock and you would switch over instead, but no.

Same thing with the metro game earlier. When you finished bazaar you said you were going to go join botack. I thought it was because it wasn't fair for botack to be all alone vs you-nostyle and I. Then the metro round starts and nostyle you and Botack were all on one side. I thought one of you were going to switch over to balance but no. No one invited me so I wasn't sure what was going on. By the time I realize none of you were switching over, I felt responsible to help eragon (sp?) through since he was sincerely trying...

I asked Rock if he was gonna switch but he already spawned. So I tried to switch but we were down a man and and it wouldn't let me. The seine crossing game was full on both sides at the beginning when we joined and I didn't feel like waiting. I think nostyle switched because he doesn't like playing against gaffers. Sorry you were by yourself on the metro game, next time I'll just wait and switch.

I asked Rock if he was gonna switch but he already spawned. So I tried to switch but we were down a man and and it wouldn't let me. The seine crossing game was full on both sides at the beginning when we joined and I didn't feel like waiting. I think nostyle switched because he doesn't like playing against gaffers. Sorry you were by yourself on the metro game, next time I'll just wait and switch.

Nah, like I said it was a misunderstanding on my part.
I usually don't switch unless someone invite me over. Since I know Olimpia, for example, would rather enjoy the challenge. So when no one asks, I assume they prefer to have me where I am.
Things also wouldn't be as bad if most of the team were competent.

I know the seinen game was full and there's nothing you could do about it. No biggie.

meppi

So I tried to switch but we were down a man and and it wouldn't let me.

You can always switch by going into your PSMenu, selecting the person you want to join, click his name and choose ""join game".
As long as there's room on his side, you can always do it this way. I never used the in game switch team option because it almost never lets you.

Overdoziz

Banned
Try reinstalling B2K. A friend of mine had the same problem with the 4-flag version of Gulf of Oman. It would crash every single time even though the 3-flag version worked all the time. After reinstalling B2K he hasn't had any problems.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I love it when a team comes together. *puts stogie in mouth* Really, I see no reason to ever go back to playing on an official server.

This game feels so weird after the patch. Thanks blow up after 1-2 shots, different controls and this evening I started on a server with around 30 players, next round it was 20 and then suddenly 4.

OG Kush

anyone else bazaar could've been a decent 4 flag conquest map. one at the the top, one at bottom, one at extreme left, one at extreme right. sort of lika cross +.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/41877566/2/131800075/

Epic dart fest, I got a triple kill which was amazingly satisfying. Faceless had like 35+ before he got disconnected from the server. Good times were had by everyone on our team.
hah, you got 2 M16 kills and 1 grenade kill out of the 50!

i still can't believe that i got disconnected, managed to rejoin and got a suppression ribbon in that minute i was in the game.

and darts <3

My problem with all the 24/7 metro/bazaar server is that you won't get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lIsYm3q4qY&hd=1

Endless conquest is fun once in awhile, but it lacks the level of intensity and tactics compared to a good rush round or 4/5 flag conquest.

I understand some people feel things "come together" better on these customer servers.
However, there's really not much to ask for when it's just 3 flags in a straight line w limited routes. Also randoms really aren't doing any better.

Dr Prob

Banned
alright, 360 players, would anyone like to help get our stock conquest server seeded using the method i outlined earlier?

I'd like to help, just because it would be cool to have a 360 GAF server up and running (and you spent money), but I don't want to just randomly spam people.

What time are you normally on? Maybe we can do a thing.

Also: Hrrnghghgh! Just played a drunken mess of an hour long CQ match on Khargh only to lose by like three tickets. There were actually recons using SOFLAMs and shit, but at the end--14-14, both teams holding the close flags I died and had nowhere to spawn but the base or up in the fucking mountains. C'mon man. Move your ass!

And I got killed by someone named HueyLewis12Inch.

Hrrrnrgrrgrhrh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Personally... I find these "endurance" servers a drag.

And it's impossible to find a reg DICE server now. I ended up just playing Kharg most the the day on Sat. Only decent server I could find.

My problem with all the 24/7 metro/bazaar server is that you won't get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lIsYm3q4qY&hd=1

Endless conquest is fun once in awhile, but it lacks the level of intensity and tactics compared to a good rush round or 4/5 flag conquest.

I understand some people feel things "come together" better on these customer servers.
However, there's really not much to ask for when it's just 3 flags in a straight line w limited routes. Also randoms really aren't doing any better.

Good vid... a good team. Constant communication and I like their complimentary load outs. Seemed like they had an answer for most encounters. Gotta love anyone who runs w/ smoke. That's a team player.

BoatAck

And it's impossible to find a reg DICE server now. I ended up just playing Kharg most the the day on Sat. Only decent server I could find.

Check out my server. It's been full most of the time this past week. I titled it to mimic the official DICE servers. Let me know if there are any maps you want added.

-[DICE]- EPIC BATTLES - Normal 26785

Good vid... a good team. Constant communication and I like their complimentary load outs. Seemed like they had an answer for most encounters. Gotta love anyone who runs w/ smoke. That's a team player.

Yea, now that they fixed it so that you can't get spotted through the smoke. It is so much more useful now and more people should use it. Definitely one of my most valuable assets when I play medic class.

Top Bottom