• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
hamchan said:
The BF3 OT causes my iPhone to crash. What is the new patch info and DLC window?

No news.

B2Karkand: Sometime this year (though the last time table was 1 month from launch)
Future packs: Within the next six months (yeah, let's see this keep this promise...)

for EA, the servers couldn't have gone down at a worse time. Not shocked though, I figured the launch of BF3 would play out like this; Game comes out, more people than expected buy the game and go online, too much stress on servers, then servers go down. At least that's what I'm assuming happened

Ketch

DarkFlow83 said:
I seem to do good with kills as support. M249 + ACOG = LMG Sniper.

Just wait till you get the infared scope, so awesome. Rollin with the laser site for hip fire slaughtering dudes and 3x INF for picking dudes off.

Fun games with Olympia just now. This is definitely a game of highs and lows, here I am getting high off unlocks goin "Weeeeee helicopter!" and he's over there going aggro because our team is autistic "Grrr capture the flags! You *expletive deleted*" and we're like number one and two on the score board.

Hopefully we'll find a way to set up our own games, so far console peasantry consists of nothing but pug farming.

EasyTGT said:
Just wait till you get the infared scope, so awesome. Rollin with the laser site for hip fire slaughtering dudes and 3x INF for picking dudes off.

Fun games with Olympia just now. This is definitely a game of highs and lows, here I am getting high off unlocks goin "Weeeeee helicopter!" and he's over there going aggro because our team is autistic "Grrr capture the flags! You *expletive deleted*" and we're like number one and two on the score board.

Hopefully we'll find a way to set up our own games, so far console peasantry consists of nothing but pug farming.
oh man, the DAO-12 with the IR almost feels like cheating.

edit: is it just me or is the friends list on xbox.com down for everyone else?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
We need the classic BF2 maps straightaway... already sick of some of these (the small infantry ones, surprise surprise).

They just don't have enough variety. Boils down to the same couple choke points every match. ZZZzzzzZZZzzZzzzzz

Miggytronz

I can confirm that Rendering via Disk Drive with HD pack on HDD does look better. I guess multitasking everything off the HDD is too much for the XBOX to do.

LEGGZZZZ said:
Agreed. Metro is the worst map in the game through.

Norshar Canals Conquest - US side is the worst map

• Yeah, I couldn't notice sekoku wanting ammo until he shoots at me.
  • I'm available for flying the chopper in co-op if anyone needs a pilot.

LEGGZZZZ

Dreamgazer said:
Norshar Canals Conquest - US side is the worst map

• Yeah, I couldn't notice sekoku wanting ammo until he shoots at me.
  • I'm available for flying the chopper in co-op if anyone needs a pilot.

Nah, get stuck with a horrible team in conquest on Metro and you'll be spawn camped to death. On Norshar I can at least move around the level when playing either side, even won matches when playing as the U.S.

LEGGZZZZ said:
Nah, get stuck with a horrible team in conquest on Metro and you'll be spawn camped to death. On Norshar I can at least move around the level when playing either side, even won matches when playing as the U.S.

Get stuck on a horrible team and anything could go wrong. To me Norshar sucks more cause for 2 balanced teams the odds are against the US.

TheSeks

Rollin'. Rollin'. Rollin the enemy team down the map~~~

Played with Musemanmike, BruiserK, and Farlahgn or however he's spelled. We did Caspin Border where I got the anti-tank kills pin and disabled pins (YAY, now to focus on jets and boats and tank kills. BOOOOOO) while grabbing the M-COM pin (3 arms in a round and destroyed them) on that desert map with plans and tanks and the oilfield (forgetting the name right now) I'm on the other side of the map while everyone else was on the right. We roll them in like five minutes. Literally. I'm playing Mirror's Edge and le parkouring across everything. Only died like once or twice and got fucked taking last set A so I took last set B and prayed I'd get the pin. We pulled it out through.

Dramavand Peak was hilarious. We literally run down the map. I'm a recon with shotgun. I get down there. Put a motion mine down. Shotgun a dude in the head, stab a dude. Get up stairs above first set A. Let Bruiser IIRC spawn on me and let him arm the crates as I don't need the M-com pins anymore (besides the badge but meh~)

We quickly take second set. I jump off the edge and free fall about 300 feet I wager. Pull the parachute. Some dude is firing at me but wildly missing (lol I'm a slow falling dude, you could've hit me dude) so I'm moving to the left but overshot the roof mark to put a respawn marker down. Land on the ground. Put a motion mine down. Die. Everyone else is suddenly down there and we take A/B. Last set is in the tunnels and somehow one of our teammates LITERALLY got a helicopter in the tunnels. It was like out of Die Hard 4 because he was in "out of bounds" on their spawn. Hilarious and it's moments like that I wish theater/photo mode was in the game already.

Anyway, we made the team promptly ragequit so I'm calling it a night. Ragequitting is a Bad Company 2 thing and besides it's getting late.

Also got my MVP 3 pin/achievement so HURRAH. No more need to worry about that. Now it's just finishing the last few pins (squad wipe. GRRR.) and then I think I have all the multiplayer achievements outside of jet/boat/tank warfare pins.

CatPee

computers putin' said:
hit detection in this game is no better than BC2

What? I think it's far better. None of that "character model is hunched over but hitbox is behind him" bullshit.

On a related note, dogfights/chases are fucking amazing. Goddamn.

LEGGZZZZ

Dreamgazer said:
Get stuck on a horrible team and anything could go wrong. To me Norshar sucks more cause for 2 balanced teams the odds are against the US.

Yeah but playing as the russians on Metro conquest can be even worse. At least on Norshal you have vehicles, you can at least try to fly to a certain part of the map. On metro as a russian, if you get spawned camped on the last section outside your screwed. The U.S. can pick you off through the glass windows from the apartment like nothing. There is literally no cover to be found, no vehicles to use. Norshal is far better than that.

TheSeks said:
Rollin'. Rollin'. Rollin the enemy team down the map~~~

Played with Musemanmike, BruiserK, and Farlahgn or however he's spelled. We did Caspin Border where I got the anti-tank kills pin and disabled pins (YAY, now to focus on jets and boats and tank kills. BOOOOOO) while grabbing the M-COM pin (3 arms in a round and destroyed them) on that desert map with plans and tanks and the oilfield (forgetting the name right now) I'm on the other side of the map while everyone else was on the right. We roll them in like five minutes. Literally. I'm playing Mirror's Edge and le parkouring across everything. Only died like once or twice and got fucked taking last set A so I took last set B and prayed I'd get the pin. We pulled it out through.

Dramavand Peak was hilarious. We literally run down the map. I'm a recon with shotgun. I get down there. Put a motion mine down. Shotgun a dude in the head, stab a dude. Get up stairs above first set A. Let Bruiser IIRC spawn on me and let him arm the crates as I don't need the M-com pins anymore (besides the badge but meh~)

We quickly take second set. I jump off the edge and free fall about 300 feet I wager. Pull the parachute. Some dude is firing at me but wildly missing (lol I'm a slow falling dude, you could've hit me dude) so I'm moving to the left but overshot the roof mark to put a respawn marker down. Land on the ground. Put a motion mine down. Die. Everyone else is suddenly down there and we take A/B. Last set is in the tunnels and somehow one of our teammates LITERALLY got a helicopter in the tunnels. It was like out of Die Hard 4 because he was in "out of bounds" on their spawn. Hilarious and it's moments like that I wish theater/photo mode was in the game already.

Anyway, we made the team promptly ragequit so I'm calling it a night. Ragequitting is a Bad Company 2 thing and besides it's getting late.

Also got my MVP 3 pin/achievement so HURRAH. No more need to worry about that. Now it's just finishing the last few pins (squad wipe. GRRR.) and then I think I have all the multiplayer achievements outside of jet/boat/tank warfare pins.

Somehow you forgot me during the rolling-thon. Mike took over my place at 10:45AM EST. It was only an hour and you forgot about me

*sniff*

DarkFlow83 said:
Why does this game need to sync my trophy's every time I start it?

Some EA thing, did that with Crysis2 and BC also.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Somehow you forgot me during the rolling-thon. Mike took over my place at 10:45AM EST. It was only an hour and you forgot about me

*sniff*

You left before that huge lol a thon. Seriously I put the "Rush" in Rush on that desert oilfield map after that French Marketplace defense.

And yeah, you did help me throw grenades and push the enemy back. Thanks for finally switching from recon to help me. I only play shotgun on the recon so far because the other classes have weapons I'm okay with and recons default sniper isn't good for those types of maps. It's either the PP-2000 (which I like but it's not good for chokes, IMO) or the shotgun (which is beastly in choke points. Holy shit, did they fix the code because it's so awesome)

But yeah, after you left we have about near even teams. We suddenly roll them on the desert map or the defense and suddenly it's like 6 them 10-11 us.

Darkflow83 said:
Why does this game need to sync my trophy's every time I start it?

EA games do that if they have trophies. Uncharted 2 does it as well but it's a quick install check so you probably don't notice. There's others that I'm forgetting. It's not that huge of a deal.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I finally got a chance to really dig into a long sitting of MP tonight. It was fantastic. I was capturing multiple MCOMs per game, reviving everyone, and even getting more kills than usual. So much fun and actually had some decent teamwork playing with randoms. Now that I kind of know the maps and am getting a hang of everything (and getting used to playing on an SDTV) I'll probably be posting more in here and sending invites to people from GAF.

I still think that 24 players is too few for Conquest to work right, though. As much as I love the mode, it hasn't worked well on any of the console BFs in a while.

Ketch

I think I just had the best couple of matches yet so far. Shot out to Bruiser, Charlie, and Farlanghaaaaaarn...

Tearing those fools up as chopper gunner was amazing! I think we got like 7-8 kills in a row there, leveld up made 2 & 3/4 levels in the chopper with that one run. They must have been pissed! hehe

Bruiserk

EasyTGT said:
I think I just had the best couple of matches yet so far. Shot out to Bruiser, Charlie, and Farlanghaaaaaarn...

Tearing those fools up as chopper gunner was amazing! I think we got like 7-8 kills in a row there, leveld up made 2 & 3/4 levels in the chopper with that one run. They must have been pissed! hehe

I'll agree with that. Thanks for the points lol

TheSeks

Dude, you have no idea how hard it is for me to balance the helicopters or hell the jets in this game. :lol

At least once you got in the seat and adjusted to my firing patterns (minus me yelling "NO! TURN AROUND! TURN AROUND! TURN AROUND! ANTI-AIR! ANTI-AIR! ANTI-AIR!" :lol) it felt similar to me being chopper gunner for Abu in Bad Company 2. So nice.

I really should learn to fly for the unlocks already since they're the only things (besides a few ground vehicles) I have to start unlocking things in. But man, balancing them is hard. If you yaw left/right your pitch starts to slide and then you try to course correct it to balance the helicopter but NOPE. SLAM into the ground.

Also Hard is pretty hard more so due to the numerous enemies and damage rate than the actual levels themselves. >_>

EasyTGT said:

Haha. I think I got your dogtags because you sadly were on the other team. You and CJ who was part of Abu's team back on BC1 PS3 IIRC.

Ketch

Yea, it's a lot harder then BC2 was for sure, but it didn't take long to get the hang of it.... you just need a crash course in flying. *rimshot

TheSeks said:
Haha. I think I got your dogtags because you sadly were on the other team. You and CJ who was part of Abu's team back on BC1 PS3 IIRC.

yea probably, I always get seperated from the group... doesn't really bother me unless the team I'm on is useless... which just happens to be EVERY DAMN TIME. On firestorm earlier today, I was playing against some gaffers.. and I could hear the dude in my squad had his mic on, so I said "We need to take out that tank"... and then he. unplugged. his. mic. ... =(

What's your PSN ID? (I still don't really know anyone)

TheSeks said:
Dude, you have no idea how hard it is for me to balance the helicopters or hell the jets in this game. :lol

At least once you got in the seat and adjusted to my firing patterns (minus me yelling "NO! TURN AROUND! TURN AROUND! TURN AROUND! ANTI-AIR! ANTI-AIR! ANTI-AIR!" :lol) it felt similar to me being chopper gunner for Abu in Bad Company 2. So nice.

I really should learn to fly for the unlocks already since they're the only things (besides a few ground vehicles) I have to start unlocking things in. But man, balancing them is hard. If you yaw left/right your pitch starts to slide and then you try to course correct it to balance the helicopter but NOPE. SLAM into the ground.

You welcome.

Unfortunately with stinger missiles around my "floaty" style of flying won't last a bit in MP. I'm glad we pulled through that mission on hard though. I unlocked the untouchable trophy at the end.

jorma

is now taking requests
had some fun pub games last night, but yeah the aiming does seem a bit off.

Tried to join other gaffers games a few times but i never even got on the same team as the people i tried to join.

I'm tired of playing with pubs DrakesMistake on PS3

I take orders
I follow orders
I'm a team player

add me! I'm dying here trying to cap all the objectives myself while my squadmates crawl around in the bushes lol.

Dreamgazer said:
seriously, even when you have a stacked team and roll other maps with 200+ ticket leads, Noshahr comes around and you barely win by like 30 tickets.

TheSeks said:

Also Hard is pretty hard more so due to the numerous enemies and damage rate than the actual levels themselves. >_>

yes, you should learn to fly. it's not as hard as it looks! i can now fly and shoot at the same time. and kill people too!

Had a few good rounds last night.

We were playing rush and conquest on hardcore - does spotting on hc have any effect besides you saying "spotted a tank", i.e. enemy getting visible for yout team?

AkimbO_Arcana said:
Had a few good rounds last night.

We were playing rush and conquest on hardcore - does spotting on hc have any effect besides you saying "spotted a tank", i.e. enemy getting visible for yout team?
You also get 10 pts as a Spot Bonus if someone then kills the spotted enemy (assuming it works that way on hc also). EA Online just went down, as well as Battlelog's "BF3 Statistics Engine." I guess they think 4:23AM is good time for maintenance?

I'm getting more used to aiming, but still too scared of the many deaths needed to learn the aerial vehicles. Do I get points just for staying alive in the air? Otherwise, do they expect me to actually kill something with the jet's machine guns?

darkwing

CharlesSurge said:
You also get 10 pts as a Spot Bonus if someone then kills the spotted enemy (assuming it works that way on hc also). EA Online just went down, as well as Battlelog's "BF3 Statistics Engine." I guess they think 4:23AM is good time for maintenance?

I'm getting more used to aiming, but still too scared of the many deaths needed to learn the aerial vehicles. Do I get points just for staying alive in the air? Otherwise, do they expect me to actually kill something with the jet's machine guns?

yup, you need to kill

TheSeks said:
No news.

B2Karkand: Sometime this year (though the last time table was 1 month from launch)

PAL PS-Store said in a banner ad that it would be available today, on Friday. Which i thought was abit silly as there has been no other talk going on about it.

Woorloog

Banned
DAO-12 is awesome (physical warfare pack)! Red dot, ext. mag and flechette ammo (better at range). Suppression or even kills at longish range, good in city maps.
I'm liking this game a lot so far, feels like Battlefield and i've gotten a couple of BF moments already.
Too bad the engineer is the only viable class in Conquest, at least it feels like it. Maybe if people did move as squads others would work better?

jorma

is now taking requests
Woorloog said:
DAO-12 is awesome (physical warfare pack)! Red dot, ext. mag and flechette ammo (better at range). Suppression or even kills at longish range, good in city maps.
I'm liking this game a lot so far, feels like Battlefield and i've gotten a couple of BF moments already.
Too bad the engineer is the only viable class in Conquest, at least it feels like it. Maybe if people did move as squads others would work better?

How does it compare to the 870 mcs?

Ubersnug

Can anyone confirm If the quick match option is working on the 360 yet? Even with squads greater than 2 people?

Didn't work once for me last night and the server browser was hardly showing any servers for me.

Miggytronz

Ubersnug said:
Can anyone confirm If the quick match option is working on the 360 yet? Even with squads greater than 2 people?

Didn't work once for me last night and the server browser was hardly showing any servers for me.

Servers were down last night til about 9:00-9:30. BUT PLEASE dont use quick match, Server browser is the way to go.

Ubersnug said:

All quick match is good for is splitting squads and kicking people out.

Atruvius

Is my campaign glitched? I'm still at Operation Swordbreaker, I can't finish it. They are telling me to man the LMG. I try to get to the walkway but I get killed in just one shot. Seriously, just one bullet kills me and I'm playing on normal.

I watched a walkthrough video of that part and the guy in that video could multiple hits and not die. This is serioulsy pissing me off.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
You welcome.

Unfortunately with stinger missiles around my "floaty" style of flying won't last a bit in MP. I'm glad we pulled through that mission on hard though. I unlocked the untouchable trophy at the end.

As did I. Two down, four to go on Hard. :p

Also do you have the pre-order code in your e-mail for the Physical Warfare and/or Amazon Dogtag pack? Or are you going to sell those to make a L I T T L E M O N E Y . . . back? :p Just curious.

Faceless said:
yes, you should learn to fly. it's not as hard as it looks! i can now fly and shoot at the same time. and kill people too!

What settings are you using? I'm using the default and keep thinking "right moves left/right yaw" similar to Bad Company 2 and the Blackhawk.

I've also attempted to land the helicopters before and it's never a sure thing. It seems once you're in the air you have to stay in the air now a days. :/

TheSeks said:
As did I. Two down, four to go on Hard. :p

Also do you have the pre-order code in your e-mail for the Physical Warfare and/or Amazon Dogtag pack? Or are you going to sell those to make a L I T T L E M O N E Y . . . back? :p Just curious.

Nope.

I did get an extra $20 amazon credit off for purchasing your copy of the game.
However, amazon only sent me one pre-order bonus email and I used it for myself.
I was just thinking yesterday whether I should complain to Amazon but not getting a 2nd bonus to give to you.

meppi

Well that was just too much fun! :D

Played Caspian Border for the very first time and I loooooooooooove this map.
On the other hand, played Seine Crossing for the first time as well and really hated it.
Seems like it's the perfect map for camping as there are so many buildings you can hide in on the 2nd floors.

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Nope.

I did get an extra $20 amazon credit off for purchasing your copy of the game.
However, amazon only sent me one pre-order bonus email and I used it for myself.
I was just thinking yesterday whether I should complain to Amazon but not getting a 2nd bonus to give to you.

What is the preorder bonus mail you're talking about? Did it have some kind of code for the special dogtags? I also preordered from Amazon and the only thing I got so far is a 20 dollar credit.

GenericUser

Tunavi said:
server browser is godly

also, I'm really liking TDM

why is it godly? Isn't it the same as if you would select your gametype and your map on the quick match screen? I mean, every server has the same map rotation and the same rules as far as I can see. I do not see any benefits from the server browser right now.

I wish they would set up servers for verhicle heavy maps, infantry heavy maps and so on ... right now, this browser seems pointless.

Marvie_3

Banned
meppi said:
Well that was just too much fun! :D

Played Caspian Border for the very first time and I loooooooooooove this map.
On the other hand, played Seine Crossing for the first time as well and really hated it.
Seems like it's the perfect map for camping as there are so many buildings you can hide in on the 2nd floors.
Probably my favorite map too. I like Seine Crossing but I can't stand the camping either.

Tunavi

Banned
sponk said:
why is it godly? Isn't it the same as if you would select your gametype and your map on the quick match screen? I mean, every server has the same map rotation and the same rules as far as I can see. I do not see any benefits from the server browser right now.

I wish they would set up servers for verhicle heavy maps, infantry heavy maps and so on ... right now, this browser seems pointless.
I can choose my server based on location so I get a better connection, the filter system is great, I can see how many people are in a game so I don't end up in a game of 2v3 (which happened every time I played BC2 at night), I can see exactly which games my friends are playing and just automatically join them, and its just something I like in my console games.

Top Bottom