• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Check out my server. It's been full most of the time this past week. I titled it to mimic the official DICE servers. Let me know if there are any maps you want added.

http://bf3stats.com/server/ps3_aff6089c-8067-45b4-a08c-cfedaa577127

-[DICE]- EPIC BATTLES - Normal 26785

If you don't mind... could you make me an admin on the server? I don;t ever use the privileges --really never do-- but all the servers you have privileges on are listed in their own filter and super easy to find.

Otherwise you have to look through the list, which I honestly wont do.

Its hard though, do I want the medic kit or smoke grenade or even normal grenade launcher for vehicles...?

It's situational. But having one guy in the squad who always has smoke is really beneficial for taking tough objectives. And taking objectives is ultimately how you win the game.

BoatAck

If you don't mind... could you make me an admin on the server? I don;t ever use the privileges --really never do-- but all the servers you have privileges on are listed in their own filter and super easy to find.

Otherwise you have to look through the list, which I honestly wont do.

No problem. I can do that.

meppi

We really need an option to unfavour servers so we don't get lame ass clan servers in our lists.

Just done playing on a metro server without me realizing it where ART Munshy was constantly putting people on his team as he was getting his ass handed to him.
Up till the point where nearly everyone left. It was 4 vs 8 and we capped all the flags in starting with their base.
When that happened and a couple guys on his team quit, he put us on his side so it was 5vs2. Fuck that pathetic shit.

I started committing suicide non-stop hoping he'd ban me or switch me over but since that didn't happen I just left.

Menelaus

Banned
I'd like to help, just because it would be cool to have a 360 GAF server up and running (and you spent money), but I don't want to just randomly spam people.

What time are you normally on? Maybe we can do a thing.

I'm not a huge fan of random spams either, but you need a half full server to start getting randoms on quickmatch, you know. I don't really see a way around it.

I'm on in the evenings starting around 8-9 CST and whenever on the weekends. Gamertag is Ragnar Lodbrok, feel free to friend me.

WoodWERD

What is the best pilot/gunner perk combo after the patch? I'm usually the gunner and it seems we're getting taken out quicker and easier lately. We used to run flare/flare but have been mixing it up with the ECM jammer lately...

Me and the 320 have become good friends...sooo wish this game had a theater mode. I go for dogtags like a mofo too.

Untitled.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I love the thermal optics as the gunner... but they require a very skilled/cautious pilot.

So flares are the best bet as the gunner, but the are pretty hit n' miss. Sometimes they just don't work when you think they will.

I think what happens is you get painted by a tank or soflam and then the flares don't work? EMC jammer is what I use as pilot, but I'm considering switching back to flares.

I honestly still haven't figured it out. I'm thinking Flare/Flare is probably still the strongest in general. And EMC/Flare for teams that really know what they're doing.

I have to do some research on this, because I'm still fuzzy on when you can and can't break the various types of locks.

Majanew

Banned
Man, not being able to hear a jet locking on while I'm in a buggy is brutal. Was took out three times on Operation Firestorm. A beep to get the hell out would be nice.

Would anyone be interested in an infantry only server?
It wouldn't be the no-jet solution that evolved wants, but it'll be the closer thing (only transport vehicles will remain.)

edit: Boatack's server added to op

JJD

disconnects happen all the time though, and those fancy new lag triangles of death.

Yeah I experienced the lag triangle today playing SDM with rockscar. I was a gunner in the LAV, and I couldn't get out, change directions or zoom in. The machine gun still fires though, which was hilarious when the direction is right.

----------------------
Dan, evolved, dave:
You can watched today's wake and kharg island match from the opposite side's perspective here:
http://www.twitch.tv/fredy1j/b/315118320
starting from 1:45:25

feels weird watching myself killing people.

(source: some guy's battlelog.)

Is the GAF server private or something? It's always empty, so I just use it to practice flying and to test out weapon attachments.

I did some jet practice on it tonight. It was actually really helpful. I had some horrible control settings that would contribute to my crashing almost immediately, and I was able to tweak those. I cannot fly in 3rd-person view in jets or helis. Kharg Island does not seem like a map that should have jets.

tn2007

Man the guy is a headshot monster! Makes me want to learn how to play with a keyboard and mouse. Some of the stuff those guys pull is just not possible with pads...
Tell me about it, I'm moving to pc next week and I'm so excited. But I am use to the controller it's gonna be a huge adjustment to k/b and mouse. I just hope some of my skills will translate to pc.

Ejas or Dawnoflife, is it much more difficult to play on pc than PS3?

JJD

Tell me about it, I'm moving to pc next week and I'm so excited. But I am use to the controller it's gonna be a huge adjustment to k/b and mouse. I just hope some of my skills will translate to pc.

Hope you keep playing with your PS3 pals every now and then, you're a great player!

I should be coming back to the game this week, just finished ME3!

tn2007

Hope you keep playing with your PS3 pals every now and then, you're a great player!

I should be coming back to the game this week, just finished ME3!

Even though PC will cut into my current gaming time, I will never stop playing on PS3 unless GAF as a whole stops. I love playing with all gaffers and I hope to play with some of the newer people more. But once Diablo 3 comes out I will have to take 2 weeks off on PS3.

It takes a while to get used to it. My accuracy was pretty bad initially, but my aim on pc now is better than on ps3. A good quality mouse helps a lot and remember to disable mouse acceleration in the settings.

Another thing about PC (and people might not agree with me), the skill level of players on pc seems to be a lot higher than on consoles.

Once you get used to kb/m, its very rewarding. The stuff you see in those montages is just not doable with a controller

Menelaus

Banned
Hey, it's not like I'm an elitist or fanboy. I've logged about 6x as much time into the Xbox version as the PC version. The difference is obvious.

I'm having a difficult time enjoying the game post update, most of which stems from the horrid server sorting for consoles.

Just give me a DICE official server without a retarded admin or game rules. =/

Also the vehicles feel too weak and its more difficult for me to kill anything with a gun now. The only issue I had with the mechanics pre patch was the frag rounds and the MAV bullshit. I had no other issues with the game.

As it stands now this game is all but dead to me. I'm even considering trading it for MW3. :0

Skeyser

I'm sure you're getting double headshots and sniping chopper pilots (and gunners) all the time...not to mention the amazing display of infantry skills!

Lol

The video is pretty good, the sniping was amazing, but the whole point of a montage is to take your best moments and slap them all together. The guy who made the video doesn't get shots like this all the time either.

Also I thought lots of the infantry footage was somewhat boring since he's almost always shooting unsuspecting targets or braindead opponents.

Kak.efes

Haven't played in ages. Is the USAS + Frag Rounds still game breaking? Also, there are private servers now? Does GAF have a server?

JJD

The video is pretty good, the sniping was amazing, but the whole point of a montage is to take your best moments and slap them all together. The guy who made the video doesn't get shots like this all the time either.

Also I thought lots of the infantry footage was somewhat boring since he's almost always shooting unsuspecting targets or braindead opponents.

I know man, everyone has his Battlefield moments every now and then, I consider myself a good player, but my BF moments usually are not that amazing! :)

And about the infantry footage who in his right mind would rush an enemy head on? If you're playing smart you're flanking then. He did everything as he should have. He got those guys with their pants dropped.

My K/D is a little over 2.0 and surprising enemies like that is not easy, even more on PC were there's 40 more people playing the game in a single match!

Soooo.finally downloaded the karkland pack after 143 days of inactivity.

I like how this game.plays now. Seems more "real."

Did manage a 5900 point game on Wake..Funny how old tactics still work.

JJD

yes, frag rounds are fixed.

M26 Dart + Underslung Rail + Heavy Barrel is the new hotness. or at least it will be when more people find out about it...

The thing that makes that kit so amazing is a bug that makes whatever attachments you have on your assault rifle (like the heavy barrel, or a silencer) work like they were attached to the M26 as well when they're obviously not.

As you said it only works when the M26 is attached to the underslung rail.

So you can have a silenced shotgun, or a hyper accurate flechette shotgun with the heavy barrel besides your rifle.

There's some videos of people sniping guys with it! If you're a good shoot it's a guarantee kill! Lol!

People will begin to bitch about it in no time.

Skeyser

The thing that makes that kit so amazing is a bug that makes whatever attachments you have on your assault rifle (like the heavy barrel, or a silencer) work like they were attached to the M26 as well when they're obviously not.

As you said it only works when the M26 is attached to the underslung rail.

So you can have a silenced shotgun, or a hyper accurate flechette shotgun with the heavy barrel besides your rifle.

There's some videos of people sniping guys with it! If you're a good shoot it's a guarantee kill! Lol!

People will begin to bitch about it in no time.

It actually shoots the bullets the gun it's attached to shoots, so you get an M26 that does 408(12x34) max damage when attached to the G3.

Skeyser

Wait, what??? Really? Is this confirmed? That's hilarious! It's way worse than the frags!

Pretty much, you can test it yourself, if you use M26 slug it does 34 damage instead of the intended 100 for slugs. There's a thread on sympthic too.

It's hilariously powerful.

JJD

Pretty much, you can test it yourself, if you use M26 slugs it does 34 damage instead of the intended 100 for slugs. There's a thread on sympthic too.

It's hilariously powerful.

If 3 out of 12 "pellets" hit you you're dead meat! Bwa-hahahaha!

Ohhh Dice...never learn! This will only get patched when Close Quarters hits, if we're lucky!

The attachment bug is still true, test it with a silencer and you'll see. The dart rounds with the added accuracy of the heavy barrel is almost a small sniper rifle.

Was the M26 bugged like this before the patch?

Skeyser

Ohhh Dice...never learn! This will only get patched when Close Quarters hits, if we're lucky!

The attachment bug is still true, test it with a silencer and you'll see. The dart rounds with the added accuracy of the heavy barrel is almost a small sniper rifle.

Nope, they broke it with the patch. And yeah the attachments just make it even more overpowered.

yep. 3/12 with G3A3 or 4/12 with the other AR's. also works with M26 Mass (Buckshot) Ammo, but Dart has bullet penetration that goes thru people too so of course, Dart is the player's choice...

Top Bottom