• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

From the video Faceless posted:

Maybe this will motivate them to fix it.

The devs that I killed:

Rucklo
RomeoDev
Dominander
Dice_AndyHam
Dap9

I would have like to get more long range kills in this, but mostly dice devs play TDM or Metro. So, not so many long range kills then.

Now I understand all the problems the game has, and I even like Metro conquest (not on the endurance servers). SMH.

tn2007

From the video Faceless posted:

Now I understand all the problems the game has. SMH.

All of the kills I've gotten using the m26 dart are short to midrange. And when I've been killed by the m26 it's been short range. I haven't seen too big of a problem with it yet, because most people on ps3 don't use it, except on bazaar, seine, and metro. Frags rounds were way worst to me because you didn't have to aim as much as with the dart.

JJD

All of the kills I've gotten using the m26 dart are short to midrange. And when I've been killed by the m26 it's been short range. I haven't seen too big of a problem with it yet, because most people on ps3 don't use it, except on bazaar, seine, and metro. Frags rounds were way worst to me because you didn't have to aim as much as with the dart.

I don't really have issues with it, the same way I didn't have with the frag rounds. I never believed Dice when they said that the USAS + Frags problem was due to a bug, I always thought that it was just bad QA, a problem almost all Dice games have. The gun just shot frags the same way it shot buckshot ammo and they never tested it. But this thing with the M26 is just ridiculous from a technical perspective.

The attachments bug was already in the game before the last patch, if what I've read is right and they not only didn't fix it, but they created an even bigger bug with the mass shooting the bullets of the gun it is attached to as pellets.

And what pisses me off is that it seems a lot of people at Dice don't really know what made their games so popular seeing that they play mostly TDM and Metro.

As I said, I love the game but I fear what might happen to BF4 or BC3 if they keep going after the COD crowd.

Skeyser

Yeah, lots of people don't attach it to the G3 too, so it doesn't do as much damage. On the G3 it's a guaranteed OHK up to ~30 meters, 1-2 at 50...

You need to aim, but it's still a shotgun, it's not the hardest thing to hit people with :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been using the G3 and Dart combo for a while... but not with the heavy barrel or underslung rail!

Lol... it takes two shots to kill in CQB. I was wondering why everyone was hyping it... I was having some good games with it, without the bug apparently. All the people I killed probably thought I was slumming even though I wasn't... haha

JJD

Good games guys, I'm still rusty!

Dawn, can you make threads? Make one asking for help with your headset. Mention in the title that it's the official PS3 headset, it will help getting some attention!

It's always a blast playing with you, but it would be immensely helpful if we could hear you.

Boa remind me to stay away from a tank when you're playing with us, you're just too good man!

Good games guys, I'm still rusty!

Dawn, can you make threads? Make one asking for help with your headset. Mention in the title that it's the official PS3 headset, it will help getting some attention!

It's always a blast playing with you, but it would be immensely helpful if we could hear you.

Boa remember me to stay away from a tank when you're playing with us, you're just too good man!

I had a lot more fun when the gaffers were split into 2 teams. Having 6 guys on the same side just makes it too easy. Either way, it was a M26 Dart - Fest!

I can't make threads yet. I still have the same issue that was supposed to be patch long time ago. People can hear me in other games and in BF3 lobby, but as soon as i'm in game, it stops working.

BoatAck

What was up with that last Grand Bazaar match? The team that was fucking around and banning people lost, right? Once Random Guy said he was banned, I switched teams to try to give my original team the LAV. They ended up switching me back so I ended up giving myself the opposing teams LAV. They also tried switching me back to the other side half way through the match.

JJD

What was up with that last Grand Bazaar match? The team that was fucking around and banning people lost, right? Once Random Guy said he was banned, I switched teams to try to give my original team the LAV. They ended up switching me back so I ended up giving myself the opposing teams LAV. They also tried switching me back to the other side half way through the match.

Lol, they banned me soon after they banned Dawn, my first time!!! I'm proud!

Fortunately they still lost!

In other news the GAF server was empty so I tried to train a bit more with the chopper, and as soon as I joined I was greeted by the message "RIP AbuC", man that freaked me out, I thought something had happened to Abu!

If he's not enjoying the game on PC he should come back to the PS3! One of the best players I've ever met!

This is what I use as well, I can hear everything fine, not sure if you can hear me at all but from what I can tell you all can. The only problems I ever have with this headset is that it sometimes can interfere with my wifi signal and cause me to get kicked (usually when I turn on the headset).

Maybe try turning it on in the middle of a match?

Works fine with PC... This is a BF3 specific issue. Tried searching online but doesn't seem like anyone else has this issue.

Yeah, very weird. I use that same headset too without any problems in BF3. Have you tried double-checking the settings for it in the XMB? Also do you have any old mics/headsets that were previously synced to your PS3 or plugged into it? Have you checked the main volume and game/mic mix sliders? Does it work in BF3 co-op?

OG Kush

so how do I check past matches on battlelog? I can't see anywhere in the site for me to access matches Ive played. and how do I look at other people stats? People who probably don't have battlelogm, but I know their xbox gamertag?

This is how you fly a fucking chopper!!!

I've never seen some of the stunts this guy pulls! The part where he entered the warehouse and destroyed the walls to get out was amazing!

When he flies backwards inside a tunnel I was just...no way this is possible!!! Lol!

backwards thru the aqueduct under the bridge on Canals... what the fuck

so how do I check past matches on battlelog? I can't see anywhere in the site for me to access matches Ive played. and how do I look at other people stats? People who probably don't have battlelogm, but I know their xbox gamertag?

your past dozen or so matches are listed on the battlelog website @ http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/YOUR-EA-ID/

This is how you fly a fucking chopper!!!

I've never seen some of the stunts this guy pulls! The part where he entered the warehouse and destroyed the walls to get out was amazing!

When he flies backwards inside a tunnel I was just...no way this is possible!!! Lol!

What an amazing pilot!

But, why did none of the 32 players he was decimating respawn as Engineers with Stingers? Last night, I shot down a helicopter in the Damavand tunnel with a SMAW (pretty much pure luck; he was nowhere near as good a pilot as this guy and was hung up right in front of me). If my team is getting owned that badly by a heli, my squad will spawn with missiles and/or SOFLAM and at least try to take him out. I guess they do try on that Nose Hair map, but it looks really uncoordinated.

The PC game must play totally different. These videos always show parts of maps that never see any action on consoles.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So you guys all recommend this? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053OLY9O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Maybe I'll order one today. I have the crappy one ear bluetooth headset that doesn't work so well.
Can't recommend that(because I don't own it) but, I am using the turtle beach PX 21 wired headset. (because it can be used with almost anything) I can say it works well enough.

Killed a few people because I can her them lay down and in which direction they are. Can hear which way a tank is.. ETC....

JJD

The PC game must play totally different. These videos always show parts of maps that never see any action on consoles.

The maps are the same, the scale is just a tad little bit smaller. The parts of the maps you don't recognize are there on the consoles, it's just that because of the number of players you don't get flags on then. You can go there, but they're usually far from the action so no one bothers. I've seem some videos of Conquest Seinne on the full map and it looks amazing. I wish we could have more flags in it, but it wouldn't work with just 24 players.

Oh and about the pilot, you could clearly listen to the locking sound of engineers trying to get him, the thing is a good chopper pilot (and he was clearly exceptional) can easily dodge a lock. On those tight tunnels their best bet would be the regular RPG. I wouldn't even try to get a guy like him with the IGLA/Stinger in the open.

So you guys all recommend this? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053OLY9O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Maybe I'll order one today. I have the crappy one ear bluetooth headset that doesn't work so well.

It's the same set Dawn, Dreamgazer and a couple others have. Dawn is the only one with issues with it as far as I know.

You're going to love any headset you buy anyway. Playing with one is completely different from playing with your regular TV output. I have a pretty bad ass sound system but I only use it in gaming to play single player since I love the bass. When I'm playing multi there's no way I'll use anything other than a good headset.

tn2007

Server side fix tomorrow

We will deploy an update to all BF3 console game servers on Thursday April 19th. This update is addressing some gameplay bugs that have been reported since the latest big client+server update.

Starting at 10:00 UTC, game servers will be updated one by one. As part of the update, each game server will restart once (and kick out the players currently on it). The entire update process will likely take some hours.

The master servers will remain available; Battlelog will remain available.

Changelist
* Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
* Tweaked tank armor strength
* MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
* Game server stability fixes

Skeyser

Server side fix tomorrow

We will deploy an update to all BF3 console game servers on Thursday April 19th. This update is addressing some gameplay bugs that have been reported since the latest big client+server update.

Starting at 10:00 UTC, game servers will be updated one by one. As part of the update, each game server will restart once (and kick out the players currently on it). The entire update process will likely take some hours.

Changelist
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)

I hope they're fixing the M26, but didn't want to mention the glitch. It would be pretty hilarious(and sad) if they released an hotfix without fixing the biggest issue.

Now where are the turds who will gleefully say that you can totally fly like that on the consoles?

i can totally do all that stuff except fly backwards thru the aqueduct.

Server side fix tomorrow

Changelist

R.I.P. MAV Elevator

what they need to do is fix being able to control/deploy a MAV from your base area... and do the opposite for mortars.

Now where are the turds who will gleefully say that you can totally fly like that on the consoles?

8mtldl.jpg

JJD

I was gonna post this last night, but I'll do it now.

Feel5alive says Hi

Hi again.

He is a Xbox gamer and watch his other videos if you want to see him destroying fools.

Wow man, he's great!!!

I still think the PC guy is better, but I'm pretty sure everything he did is possible on the consoles. Maybe it's a bit more difficult, but it's doable.

Using a pad to pilot is easier than a mouse and keyboard IMO, but both can be effective. It's a matter of taste.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/.../1476779-dice-bans-player-being-too-good.html

apparently this dude got so many complaints filed against him for choppa ho-ing on canals, DICE reset his stats and then banned him. he was #1 in scout chopper kills, had 100 service stars, and apparently played 99% canals rush.

That's bullshit! If he was playing legit, not cheating or hacking who is Dice to tell him how to play the fucking game???

Edit: Holy shit, the guy is invulnerable! He went 266/4 on a Canals game on the little bird! Scored 170,000 plus!

13763d1331074498-diablo-iii-cinematic-trailer-28-2-2012-mother-god-meme.jpg

OG Kush

Unlocked the m26 dart today.. i dont know what yall are saying that this is worse than frag round! Must be crazy, frag rounds were 10x worse than this.
I don't think its even that bad like some ppl make it out to be. Sure its a bit overpowered, but nothing game breaking or really annoying.

Unlocked the m26 dart today.. i dont know what yall are saying that this is worse than frag round! Must be crazy, frag rounds were 10x worse than this.
I don't think its even that bad like some ppl make it out to be. Sure its a bit overpowered, but nothing game breaking or really annoying.

Uhh, are you using it in combination with rail and heavy barrel? It most definitely is worse than frag rounds.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just had that happen to me for the first time. Me and a couple of randoms were putting up some awesome flag defense on wake culminating in a perfectly times triple same shot against the chopper the admin must have been controlling..

I hate rented servers =(.

I remember RTCW on Xbox live... Good times... Good times...
Only get banned for glitching and not being good

Majanew

Banned

I have yet to encounter a tank since the patch that was easier to take out than before the patch. Am I shooting my RPG wrong? lol

I even hit it from the side and rear.

Top Bottom