• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

i dunno if the M26 glitch is 'worse' than USAS with frag rounds, but it's definitely more overpowered. the most hated thing about USAS/Frag was just the overall effect of the splash+firerate+suppression locking down areas without people really having to aim.

i breezed to 520 kills on PS3 easily and i barely used it on 360 because i was mostly on big maps there and already i'm at ~300, and yeah, the M26 is ridiculuouly overpowered, but it just doesn't have the annoyance factor of the USAS/Frag.

I have yet to encounter a tank since the patch that was easier to take out than before the patch. Am I shooting my RPG wrong? lol

I even hit it from the side and rear.

I'm seeing a lot of people switching to reactive armor. So that could be contributing to what you're experiencing.

Majanew

Banned
Is the SCAR considered overpowered? The team I was on slaughtered the opposing team by 824 tickets, and I received this message (sorry for bad pics, I grabbed my smartphone for the pics since it was the closest/fastest):

L1tpp.jpg

His team was getting beat up this bad at the time he sent the message and then he quit the game:

m76zo.jpg

We won by 824 tickets and I only went 21-4 and was 3rd MVP. I think he was just mad because his team was getting handled and I guess his two deaths were from me. Unless I was killing his squad too. lol

Is the SCAR considered overpowered?

The SCAR fires a heavier round. It doesn't fire as fast, so I guess it can feel OP to someone spraying you with gunfire if you hit them dead-center/headshot.

I was getting owned by the M26 DART on one map last night, and I thought about sending a snarky message, but I'm mostly just jelly that I don't have it unlocked yet (and I refuse to pay for it).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So uh... turns out this new Ghost Recon game is like the Socom I've always wanted.

Probably will be playing BF a lot less when that hits.

JJD

So uh... turns out this new Ghost Recon game is like the Socom I've always wanted.

Probably will be playing BF a lot less when that hits.

The beta is already available on PSN? I might try that...

Yeah but he had a friend on the other team that took the AA LAV and didn't do anything purposely.

They said they were both on defense, hence his buddy hanging to the cheese tank. I mean it's not that hard to take down the anti air, if it was stolen would his friend really manage to get a hold of it during the whole game? If I was playing I would be trying to get it back like a madman (and probably dying a lot!).

Evolved1

The beta is already available on PSN? I might try that..).

For plus members (and there were other ways to get it too).

I'm really liking it. But the two maps are very small and the frags are straight out of CoD. That last bit is enough to sour some of the experience.

Hopefully the final game will have slightly larger maps and they'll do something about explosive spam around objectives (if they can).

I would remove the visible throw arc on frags and add a short pause before detonation. Or just remove them entirely as a server option.

JJD

For plus members (and there were other ways to get it too).

I'm really liking it. But the two maps are very small and the frags are straight out of CoD. That last bit is enough to sour some of the experience.

Hopefully the final game will have slightly larger maps and they'll do something about explosive spam around objectives (if they can).

I would remove the visible throw arc on frags and add a short pause before detonation. Or just remove them entirely as a server option.

How do you feel about BF frags in general? I hate that we don't have the possibility of cooking then. They would be much more effective that way.

Evolved1

How do you feel about BF frags in general? I hate that we don't have the possibility of cooking then. They would be much more effective that way.

I honestly don't have any real issue w/ BF3 frags. But it's a different type of game. In BF, you can get away from a well thrown frag.

In ghost recon... if that shit lands even in your general vicinity, you're dead before you can blink.

I really like the BF frags, in particular the fact that you can't cook them. They're great for driving enemies out of cover and creating confusion, and that should be enough.

I have 140 kills with them so they definitely work, they're just not all-powerful. I really like the fact that you have time to react to them and take evasive action.

JJD

cooking or holding?

I honestly don't have any real issue w/ BF3 frags. But it's a different type of game. In BF, you can get away from a well thrown frag.

In ghost recon... if that shit lands even in your general vicinity, you're dead before you can blink.

I really like the BF frags, in particular the fact that you can't cook them. They're great for driving enemies out of cover and creating confusion, and that should be enough.

I have 140 kills with them so they definitely work, they're just not all-powerful. I really like the fact that you have time to react to them and take evasive action.

Cooking. This is my mistake, but I don't usually throw frags tactically, to flush people out of cover or create diversion, when I throw then I mean to kill the guy in a corner, or behind something, and he has like 30 seconds to get out so I miss a lot of kills...

I think in the end I'm just annoyed that they don't behave like in most other shooters out there, so I should rethink my style when using then. And I should use more smoke!!!

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but people seriously need to stop being so vehicle obsessed. Be it trying to ride one or kill one.

By the time you cleared through the tank mines to grab A, you already lost half the flags.

Dream vehicle hating again

CatPee

Cooking. This is my mistake, but I don't usually throw frags tactically, to flush people out of cover or create diversion, when I throw then I mean to kill the guy in a corner, or behind something, and he has like 30 seconds to get out so I miss a lot of kills...

I think in the end I'm just annoyed that they don't behave like in most other shooters out there, so I should rethink my style when using then. And I should use more smoke!!!

That's pretty much the exact purpose of them. Flush people out of cover and then spray your bullets at them while they're running. Anyone stupid enough to not run away can eat some frags in their face.

JJD

That's pretty much the exact purpose of them. Flush people out of cover and then spray your bullets at them while they're running. Anyone stupid enough to not run away can eat some frags in their face.

Yeah, I know...I just think that if you had the possibility of cooking you could use then either tactically or offensively and they would be more useful all around. It's not like when you throw one the only option for the enemy is to run straight at you or anywhere in your point of view.

I think in the end Dice won't allow it because it would turn modes like Rush (specially on some maps and spots) just too hard. The other day some dude could disarm a crate before my frag killed him, and I swear I threw it just as he started! He just stood there besides the grenade, and I was out of bullets and too far away, we lost the game and I guess I didn't even get the points :-(

I can't count how many times I was not under direct fire, threw a frag and died before it went out. I feel like it takes forever to explode, and the average life time of a player is usually around a minute.

Also anyone would like different kinds of grenades in the game? Like in COD? I think it would be neat!

CatPee

Yeah, I know...I just think that if you had the possibility of cooking you could use then either tactically or offensively and they would be more useful all around. It's not like when you throw one the only option for the enemy is to run straight at you or anywhere in your point of view.

I think in the end Dice won't allow it because it would turn modes like Rush (specially on some maps and spots) just too hard. The other day some dude could disarm a crate before my frag killed him, and I swear I threw it just as he started! He just stood there besides the grenade, and I was out of bullets and too far away, we lost the game and I guess I didn't even get the points :-(

I can't count how many times I was not under direct fire, threw a frag and died before it went out. I feel like it takes forever to explode, and the average life time of a player is usually around a minute.

Also anyone would like different kinds of grenades in the game? Like in COD? I think it would be neat!

It's not like we need any more stuff to blind/disorient us aside from the sun and the portable suns.

do that many shooters even let you cook grenades? i know most let you hold and aim them, but not very many that i can think of let you cook them... being able to cook really does change the balance of grenades too...

It's not like we need any more stuff to blind/disorient us aside from the sun and the portable suns.

no way, BF3 needs smoke grenades, flashbangs and sticky icky plasma grenades.

JJD

do that many shooters even let you cook grenades? i know most let you hold and aim them, but not very many that i can think of let you cook them... being able to cook really does change the balance of grenades too...

But do you think it would change for the better? I'm honestly curious here, you seem to have been playing BF game longer than most of us! I just joined in BC2! Lol!

I would trade flashlights for flashbangs any day of the week man, the way they implemented flashlights is just ridiculous you get blinded outside in the middle of the day!

Menelaus

Banned
Not being able to cook grenades was a core gameplay decision that Kertz took a public and vocal stand on, and I for one completely agree with him. Grenades aren't for killing, although they CAN be used for that on occasion; they are for diverting the flow of battle in a more favorable direction, and in the hands of a skilled player, they are a fantastic resource.

OG Kush

Yeh a lot of the time I use my greandes Halo-style, which is not the best way in BF3. But I prefer you can't cook them as it would be to inblanced. I think they're perfect now.

MattDoza

Is the weapon damage glitch/bug exclusive to the DART(flechette) or all M26 types? I still want to use the MASS, but I don't want to feel dirty, doing so.

Is the weapon damage glitch/bug exclusive to the DART(flechette) or all M26 types? I still want to use the MASS, but I don't want to feel dirty, doing so.

All M26 types with heavy barrel attached.
DART and Bucks get higher damage, frag and slugs actually become weaker.

Remove heavy barrel if you don't want to feel dirty. That way all M26 Mass type remains normal.

Evolved1

All M26 types with heavy barrel attached.
DART and Bucks get higher damage, frag and slugs actually become weaker.

Remove heavy barrel if you don't want to feel dirty. That way all M26 Mass type remains normal.

What about the underslung rail? Can I have the heavy barrel and not the rail... and still not feel dirty.

What about the underslung rail? Can I have the heavy barrel and not the rail... and still not feel dirty.

You can have the heavy barrel without the underslung.
Supposedly it's normal then. Howeer, don't take my word for it.

*watches as med kits go into extinction.*

Medkits, so useless in BF3.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wasn't there some kind of server side update today? How is the M26 glitch not fixed? I was wanting to get back into BF3 after the patch, but in the handful of games I've played, the M26 glitch is everywhere! Ruins most of the maps.

Skeyser

Wasn't there some kind of server side update today? How is the M26 glitch not fixed? I was wanting to get back into BF3 after the patch, but in the handful of games I've played, the M26 glitch is everywhere! Ruins most of the maps.

It was a server-side patch, apparently they need to release a full patch to fix the issue.

UFRA

Is it just me or does it seem like this game freezes more often ever since the last patch?

Ugh...just had a game where I made 10k points just in objectives/kills and there were like 10 tickets left, game was about to end with a nice win. Probably would have easily gotten 15k+ with awards. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Fuck.

JJD

Is it just me or does it seem like this game freezes more often ever since the last patch?

Ugh...just had a game where I made 10k points just in objectives/kills and there were like 10 tickets left, game was about to end with a nice win. Probably would have easily gotten 15k+ with awards. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Fuck.

It's so annoying. I never get freezes in bad games, or when I'm playing like shit. The game froze for me as soon as it ended, I didn't even get the your team has won screen. But at least I got the points, ribbons and awards if Battlelog is correct...

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but people seriously need to stop being so vehicle obsessed. Be it trying to ride one or kill one.

By the time you cleared through the tank mines to grab A, you already lost half the flags.

Dream vehicle hating again

This.

People flock to tanks like their moths flying into fire. Vehicles don't arm shit, people do.

Yeah, people in vehicles is why we lost those matches.

You can't lose rush if everyone is in a vehicle.
Vehicles don't arm stuff is a fact.

Am I saying that people shouldn't try to do what they do best and take out vehicles? No.
(and yeah, I know not everyone want to commit SPM suicide to watch the m-com since that's not fun for most.)

Except people aren't going to win the match just by having the whole team dedicating themselves to being engineers to take out vehicles either. You certainly won't win the match when half of the freaking team are driving off from the objective. That or have one guy guard an objective while 5 enemies are running in, while half of the team are out in the middle of nowhere doing who knows what.

As much as the chopper may be annoying, it's the freaking guy that drives in on jeep, boat, whatever, flanking people that's arming the objectives.

Also people don't want to stay near m-coms *sigh*

JJD

Man it's hard to get into this game as a newbie, everyone has better weapons etc. Also my aiming sucks.

Some of the best weapons are very early unlocks believe me. Just pick one and stick with it until you unlock some optic sights.

Why are you saying your aim sucks? Are you having difficulty with the controls, or you're just not proefficient with FPS?

If the controls are you problem try disabling anti aliasing on the options menu, it helps a lot of people. Mess with the sensivity settings too, until you find something that suits you.

If the controls are not the problem you just have to play more, train and eventually you'll improve.

Just remember that in Battlefield there's tons of ways to help your team and score lots of points besides killing enemy players.

Edit:

Weapon unlocks that are really good:

Assault - M16A4
Engineer - M4
Support - M249 SAW or Pecheng
Sniper - I wouldn't really know since I only play then with PDWs. The UMP 45 is really good, unlocked at lvl. 16.

Evolved1

lol 19 surveillance ribbons in one round... on just the first set.

BoatAck

Sniper - I wouldn't really know since I only play then with PDWs. The UMP 45 is really good, unlocked at lvl. 16.
The SKS is really good for the Sniper class. It fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, has 20 rounds, and is pretty powerful. The only attachment I use is the muzzle flash suppressor. Also, you can get this right away with the physical warfare pack.

JJD

The SKS is really good for the Sniper class. It fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, has 20 rounds, and is pretty powerful. The only attachment I use is the muzzle flash suppressor. Also, you can get this right away with the physical warfare pack.

Yeah, the SKS is supposedly godly after the patch, but I still haven't played with it to this day! Lol!

If ToLateToLove is a sniper player it would be a really good weapon for him! The physical warfare pack is a free DLC now isn't it?

Argh!!!! I want to play with you guys right now, but I'm seeing the UFC! Hopefully people will still be playing when it's over!

Top Bottom