• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Man it's hard to get into this game as a newbie, everyone has better weapons etc. Also my aiming sucks.

the unlocks aren't really any better than the defaults, just different...

Yeah, the SKS is supposedly godly after the patch, but I still haven't played with it to this day! Lol!

If ToLateToLove is a sniper player it would be a really good weapon for him! The physical warfare pack is a free DLC now isn't it?

Argh!!!! I want to play with you guys right now, but I'm seeing the UFC! Hopefully people will still be playing when it's over!

i'm not playing until it's over either...

Well I'm doing much much better already, thanks for the tips guys! Knowing how to use medic kit has been a huge help also. I had no idea what I was doing before. :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Uh... is PSN down? None of my friends will show... but i'm signed in and can access the store. I don't get it.

UFRA

I use the SKS as my "urban" sniper kit lol. I have a foregrip, suppressor, and 4x scope on it. It's a total beast like that. It's not too great as a long range rifle though.

OG Kush

Yeah the SKS is a beast. But I feel after the patch, the foregrip is not a good combo with it, might just be me though. I just use RDS and flash supressor with it. It's basically a battle rifle, I love it.

Majanew

Banned
Is there a glitch DICE is aware of that is making Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula (Conquest - Epic Battles) not come up in rotation when they're supposed to be?

meppi

Bunch of pussy-ass admins. :mad:

DICE should remove their ability to ban or kick people from servers as it's getting retarded.

Started a game on Oman in conquest.
Surprise surprise, we're getting spawn camped by chrisancrew and his buddies.

I respawn and get in a tank, push forward and cap C. Drive towards the bridge and over to B and see a spawn raping chopper make a pass towards our base.
I turn in his direction and shoot a regular shell without even aiming carefully. To my surprise the lame-ass who's about 400 meters away blows up into a million pieces.

I cross the bridge, getting close to B and *black screen* *You were banned from this server by admin*.

Guess what? Shit player is shitty. pfff

KAOz

Short bus special
Begun playing this on Ps3 again. Been 3 months since last time.

Forgot how fun it can be at times. Though, I have now stopped caring about SPM, KDR or W/L. I just love fucking around these days. Got everything unlocked and got positive everything, so it's quite fun just running around trying to do stupid shit (AND help my team at the same time.)

Might start going on more often now.

Also, getting your whole team into a jeep on Kharg, driving towards the objective on CQ, and then veer off completely and just head straight into the water on purpose will never get old.

While constantly talking like I am some special-case in the mic.

metalshade

Joined one of the GAF BF3 server on Xbox, and saw it was populated with 2 other gaffers. sent them messages to go easy, im trying learn to fly, never done so before.
IGNORED. Thanks you worthless (insert inappropriate comment.)
So thanksmozzer747 and JohnT1995, for making me realise GAF is no better than the rest.

Menelaus

Banned
Joined one of the GAF BF3 server on Xbox, and saw it was populated with 2 other gaffers. sent them messages to go easy, im trying learn to fly, never done so before.
IGNORED. Thanks you worthless (insert inappropriate comment.)
So thanksmozzer747 and JohnT1995, for making me realise GAF is no better than the rest.

And how exactly did you know they were gaffers?

metalshade

Had the GAF clan tag, same as me, and when I sent them the message to be nice, one replied asking why I had adopted the tag myself.

metalshade

OH NO!
ooooh, that is not good, I said I was part of the BF3 community on GAF!
Oh the shame!
Just told my wife, she laughed SO hard!

Wow, and I thought no one was going to top German Air Force/German Aviation Force [GAF]

Also reminds me of this:
safe_image.php

metalshade

I made rather a fool of myself didnt I!
Now I feel like maybe the GAF clan tag should be NGAF or something, save confusion.
Or at least save people making the same mistake I did.

metalshade

wait what?
what's offensive to you? is it because they are gay?
Actually, yes. I am a firm believer in living life according to Gods standards.
As such, homosexuality is not an acceptable condition.
So yes, it is offensive to me, but I am not insisting that everyone has to agree.

OG Kush

I started getting into the G3A3 today and wow this basically the SKS but for the assault class. Put a heavy barrel and you're ready to go, slap a M26 or take the g18 for close quarters and its a BEAST!

JJD

So yes, it is offensive to me, but I am not insisting that everyone has to agree.

Not sure if serious... :-S

Edit: Saw the other GAF platoon! Bwa-hahahaha! They must be joking!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I was wondering that too.
Certainly causes offense to me. (I am christian.)

Oh boy. Don't use that as a shield (also there's like infinite different "branchs" of christianity). Dunno how it works in NA but I live in the most catholic country there is and it definitely doesn't "offend" anybody (with a brain) that I know to just see someone's being gay just because they believe in Christ. There's no difference in being a christian or not, I definitely can't see it here or in the UK, it just something that (sadly) varies from person to person and how backwards they are.

Sorry for the OT, but this post really got on my nerves.

edit: Btw, why did you sign up to GAF then? Didn't you read the TOS/FAQ about the gay community? Kinda hypocrite of you wanting to join these boards, don't you think?

meppi

Congratulations. You broke the thread.

olimpia84

Man than GOML clan called everybody and their mother and they still couldn't win or come even close to beating us. Fun games.

metalshade

Congratulations. You broke the thread.
Indeed.
I can see that this is not the place for such a discussion.
If any of you have a problem with my views, thats ok, as I stated earlier, I have no need for you to agree with me.
I believe what I believe because I believe what the bible says, and I understand that faith is not a popular thing these days.
Still, I realise neither of these are popular topics, and I apologise for the uproar.
Also, the angry, foul mouthed personal messages I have received, they are not worth my attention, if you cant express yourself in a reasonable manner, I see no reason to communicate with you.
Anyway, derailing the thread was not my intention.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Indeed.
I can see that this is not the place for such a discussion.
If any of you have a problem with my views, thats ok, as I stated earlier, I have no need for you to agree with me.
I believe what I believe because I believe what the bible says, and I understand that faith is not a popular thing these days.
Still, I realise neither of these are popular topics, and I apologise for the uproar.
Also, the angry, foul mouthed personal messages I have received, they are not worth my attention, if you cant express yourself in a reasonable manner, I see no reason to communicate with you.
Anyway, derailing the thread was not my intention.

Profanity... unreasonable. Backwards-ass bigotry... perfectly reasonable. The bible is awesome.

OG Kush

who cares its his view. no need to get in a big uproar, but true u didnt even need to bring your view into a thread about BATTLEFIELD.

Any way to search for users on battelog? Like lets say I met a random person palying and I want to look at his stats, is there no way to search his gamertag? Some really stupid simple things they've missed from battelog..

Menelaus

Banned
who cares its his view. no need to get in a big uproar, but true u didnt even need to bring your view into a thread about BATTLEFIELD.

Any way to search for users on battelog? Like lets say I met a random person palying and I want to look at his stats, is there no way to search his gamertag? Some really stupid simple things they've missed from battelog..

Battlelog will show you your last 15 or so matches. As long as you log on in time, you can find your match and click their name.

meppi

Nothing like getting spawn camped for nearly 20 minutes by a bunch of whiny little kids with 2 tanks a chopper and a couple of jets in your base, only to mount a comeback by blowing thought their lines, capping D and working your way back so that you cap all bases.

Then set up camp on their base and show them how much fun it is to be spawn camped.
Only to have every single one of those retards rage quit the server! :D

Just look at all the dropouts: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/43257691/2/415650262/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i remember that game... i was like "this team's defense is like a sieve, i'm gonna steal the enemy tank and put a stop to this crap!"

Faceless <M9> Seks

"OH NO YOU LE DON'T!"
(Spawn engineer, die twice to take you out)

Also killed you when you were clipping through a rock to snipe that first set. :lol

Top Bottom