• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Overdoziz

Banned
G3 + DART is crazy broke right now. I've abused it for the dogtag but won't be touching the DART unless people piss me off enough to abuse it due to it being broke.
I usually play on big maps where it's not as useful so it's not a big problem for me. Wish I could still find EPIC BATTLES servers though. Most custom servers either play on Metro 24/7 or play on big maps with like 1000% ticket increase which gets boring extremely fast.

Menelaus

Banned
I usually play on big maps where it's not as useful so it's not a big problem for me. Wish I could still find EPIC BATTLES servers though. Most custom servers either play on Metro 24/7 or play on big maps with like 1000% ticket increase which gets boring extremely fast.

If only we could get our server filled...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Pretty" good? It is way better than that. M26+G3A3 is almost one shot kills every time. It is down right hilarious with how overpowered it is and I won't stop using it until it is fixed. :p

Like I said: Broken. It's not too good on Op Firestorm, but at close (AND CLOSE-MID) range it's a one-hit kill due to the glitch. Hence: Broken.

Jas

Good games tonight!
Had some pretty competitive rush games which are always fun :)
Lost a 6 vs 12 game and got a bit of a chip on my shoulder (people switched teams)
Proceeded to win the next 3 rounds thanks to the help of some gaffers (Fersis, Boatack, NoStyle, and thn2008)

TheSeks

Indeed.
I can see that this is not the place for such a discussion.
If any of you have a problem with my views, thats ok, as I stated earlier, I have no need for you to agree with me.
I believe what I believe because I believe what the bible says, and I understand that faith is not a popular thing these days.
Still, I realise neither of these are popular topics, and I apologise for the uproar.
Also, the angry, foul mouthed personal messages I have received, they are not worth my attention, if you cant express yourself in a reasonable manner, I see no reason to communicate with you.
Anyway, derailing the thread was not my intention.

Ah, now I remember why I have you on mental ignore.

I'm just going to leave this here, despite it not having anything to do with Battlefield and I whole heartily suggest you change your perspective in life instead of being a two-faced bigot.

Signed a double-GAF-GAF. <3

*ahem* My weeks been sooo busy and I haven't had time to play BF3 at all. Nor BC1, which I've got ~2,502 kills left to get to have BC1 platinum in. >_<

MattDoza

Hopped on and played on the MOB server with my buddy. I wish this server was active more often. It's hard to find a really good CQ server with this rotation of maps.

CatPee

Indeed.
I can see that this is not the place for such a discussion.
If any of you have a problem with my views, thats ok, as I stated earlier, I have no need for you to agree with me.
I believe what I believe because I believe what the bible says, and I understand that faith is not a popular thing these days.
Still, I realise neither of these are popular topics, and I apologise for the uproar.
Also, the angry, foul mouthed personal messages I have received, they are not worth my attention, if you cant express yourself in a reasonable manner, I see no reason to communicate with you.
Anyway, derailing the thread was not my intention.

Still haven't answered my calm and rational question. Though if you do actually live by the Bible, I expect you to not be eating pork or shellfish or wear multi-fiber clothes, along with various other rules.

equil

Anyone else use the AN-94? I can't decide between using the Flash Suppressor or the Heavy Barrel or just nothing. I've tried both and havent really noticed a difference in the two.

CatPee

Anyone else use the AN-94? I can't decide between using the Flash Suppressor or the Heavy Barrel or just nothing. I've tried both and havent really noticed a difference in the two.

I noticed a lot less vertical recoil using the flash suppressor than the heavy barrel.

BoatAck

Good games tonight!
Had some pretty competitive rush games which are always fun :)
Lost a 6 vs 12 game and got a bit of a chip on my shoulder (people switched teams)
Proceeded to win the next 3 rounds thanks to the help of some gaffers (Fersis, Boatack, NoStyle, and thn2008)

That CheshireCat guy was pissing me off.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I played about 5 minutes because the game crashed and then i was : ' oh maaaan' and went to sleep.

@ lostsupper and any other gaffers playing with us on the server where we were getting kicked and switched

One of the admins we were playing against
MjEdx.png

lolwut

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Froze again T__T
Had some cool matches with n_o_f_a_c_e and his british friend though

TheSeks

OMG SO BORING (and no one using my SOFLAMs. T___T)

This is why high-ticket rush is stupid. It takes forever on Defense and you have to spawn camp them on defense to win. Otherwise it's Zerg Rush tactics to overwhelm the defense with your high tickets. So lopsided either way.

Jas

OMG SO BORING (and no one using my SOFLAMs. T___T)

This is why high-ticket rush is stupid. It takes forever on Defense and you have to spawn camp them on defense to win. Otherwise it's Zerg Rush tactics to overwhelm the defense with your high tickets. So lopsided either way.

Agreed, I was having problems keeping my eyes open during that round.

TheSeks

Agreed, I was having problems keeping my eyes open during that round.

What's hilarious is that the server owner "Lubu" came in like after two rounds. Started to helicopter fuck circle a la BC2. (I thought you fixed this shit DICE?) Stinger couldn't lock on (I THOUGHT YOU FIXED THIS SHIT DICE) and basically he still lost.

What does the crybaby do? Switch to Metro Conquest t hinking it would clear us out.

NOPE.AVI we cap all flags and hold them in the tunnel spawn. They all ragequit. Sad.

TheSeks

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

526191_895132407335_201404980_37515973_1879809005_n.jpg

Dear BML or whatever your loser clan name is and your server owner:

Kiss my deaf LMG-hip-firing-multi-killing-your-stealth-trying-to-take-our-flags ass. Crybabies.

It's sad when you have to ban a cripple and don't ban his squad mate (jas) who is on the other side of the map and the rest of his team (GAF) is also on the other side of the map. And he's doing work on you. REPEATEDLY. And then you kick him because of it. Then he comes back and proceeds to lay down the law AGAIN from the bottom of the leaderboard to the top again. Because you just pissed him off even more.

Get on my crippled asses level, idiots. And next time don't put a MAV in an area where I can see your MAV + Spawn Beacon. Because it just makes it obvious to shoot it. Idiots.

And it doesn't show up on my report. So you banned me to prevent me from getting a win... why? Because you can't play the game and take your loss like a man? Suckers.

JJD

I think that Lulu guy was with that below radar perk Seks, he was really good. People are saying that circle strafe is possible in BF3 but more difficult than BC2 for some time. Dude was a really good pilot, and he probably plays Kharg nonstop since that's all we played on that server until he left and changed the map to Metro. I think he even sent a message to THN! Dude was nice. The game was fucking tense with that chopper raining death from above non stop. Things only got better when we finally got a decent jet pilot to balance things a bit.

That clan on Tehran on the other hand were a bunch of freaking pussies, they banned everyone after we raped then. Everyone! Dawn, THN and me. And when we started the game they had every flag capped!

The only question is why they banned you so early? Did you knife the admin.? Teabag anyone? Lol!

TheSeks

The only question is why they banned you so early? Did you knife the admin.? Teabag anyone? Lol!

No. They were attempting to cap A. Jas went toward A and they were starting to cap B. I went to B. Cleared them out. Went to A. They were continuously spawning on A. Find their nest. Cleared it. Using the M240B and C4 on their vehicles. And they attempted this like five times. Kicked. Rejoin. Enraged, I spawn on B (because they FINALLY held C) and started to climb the ramp. Five of them. Hip-fire LMG 2-3 of them. Take another out and one notices.

Climb back up. Knife a newbie. Lay waste to three of that shitty clan.

Rush to B's third set of that map's building. Two of them are there. Mow two of them down hip-firing. One spawns on them. Mow him down.

"You have been banned from this server."

So pathetic. Because they can't take their loss after we joined and turned the game around by ourselves and they want easy wins. They are 19 members strong according to their platoon and like 5-10 of them were on that server. Pathetic.

And LuBu may be a good pilot, but I fucking hate that shit. And the fact that under the radar basically kept fucking with my lock-on to where I couldn't Stinger is fucking stupid. Get them in range. Two seconds later (even though they're facing "me" in their spinning) it doesn't lock on and drops it. And they're within the "range" of under the radar AND stealth's lock on height/range.

And I think he changed the server to try to clear us out. Nope. Not having any of that. So he ragequitted along with his team. And then we got put in that shitty clans server.

Terrible cap for the night, but my first ban from butthurt admins. So we must be doing something right for a non-serious "clan."

JJD

Guys I'm sorry for all the bitching and whining, I don't know if I'm always like that, but most games today were unbearable to me. It's probably on my end since most of you were not having as many issues as I was.

Every single guy I killed would freeze, and only 30 seconds later the kill message and the points would pop up.

I lost count how many guys I shot 3 or 4 times with the shotgun on that Seinne game and suddenly I would drop dead out of nowhere because I was so laggy I didn't knew I was dead.

It was not all negative though, when I destroyed that LAV someone killed me before I pulled the C4 trigger I believe, because when the LAV exploded I didn't die even though I was right next to it, 5 seconds later the message saying someone killed me popped out and the game finished, so in the end lag helped me get that tank...

tn2007

And LuBu may be a good pilot, but I fucking hate that shit. And the fact that under the radar basically kept fucking with my lock-on to where I couldn't Stinger is fucking stupid. Get them in range. Two seconds later (even though they're facing "me" in their spinning) it doesn't lock on and drops it. And they're within the "range" of under the radar AND stealth's lock on height/range.

And I think he changed the server to try to clear us out. Nope. Not having any of that. So he ragequitted along with his team. And then we got put in that shitty clans server.

Yeah LuBu message me to favorite his server and he would play us tomorrow. He did quit, but it was like ten minutes before we won khrag island rush. And I think it was because those WOLF guys took his chopper. It seemed like he only wanted to fly the chopper because he wasn't in a squad and had no gunner. IMO If he would of had a decent gunner we would of been in real trouble.

tn2007

Gotta love the all-Colonel rage quit parade.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/43038227/4/176840875/

Got to love dominating a team of colonels into rage quitting. I'm glad I stayed one more round.

The third and fourth set on Seine Crossing was intense!!!! We had them down to 3 tickets and than lost the third set while I was repairing their LAV that we stole. And JJD getting the last kills on the 4th set with an epic C4 run on their LAV.

TheSeks

Yeah LuBu message me to favorite his server and he would play us tomorrow. He did quit, but it was like ten minutes before we won khrag island rush. And I think it was because those WOLF guys took his chopper. It seemed like he only wanted to fly the chopper because he wasn't in a squad and had no gunner. IMO If he would of had a decent gunner we would of been in real trouble.

He did have a decent gunner at the beginning or something. Until I clipped his helicopter with the jet. Issue for me in the jet is that I'm continously on the move and so I can't seem to get a bead on my shots. I'm getting comfortable with the jet but the issue remains that (esp. in first person) I lose my bareings on targets if they get behind me and the like and so when I 180 back to try to get them, they may or may not be there and DICE's awkward "hold Down on the D-pad and right stick to look" is just terrible for target finding. :/

The one person in my squad that finally got in the jet was much better with it and able to take him down. But man, I hate helicopters. If there was an "infantry and tank/ground vehicle only" server option, I'd take it 9/10 of the time because helicopters can really unbalance the game even with AA launchers in the game because the AA launcher is (IMO) still bugged. Under the radar shouldn't (IMO) totally kill locks and screw with lock-on when I'm nearly touching the helicopter in range. Which, speaking of: Why the hell is there was a short "do not lock" range in close-range? WTF.

Edit: Also, I recall one of their teammates using the jet to ram my jet to suicide kill me because I was doing 180's between their base (to take their helicopter out and try to prevent LuBu from taking off) despite a "no spawn camping" policy and LuBu doing similar on our spawn. So... uh... yeah. Rules are meant to be broken at times?

No_Style

Guys I'm sorry for all the bitching and whining, I don't know if I'm always like that, but most games today were unbearable to me. It's probably on my end since most of you were not having as many issues as I was.

Every single guy I killed would freeze, and only 30 seconds later the kill message and the points would pop up.

I lost count how many guys I shot 3 or 4 times with the shotgun on that Seinne game and suddenly I would drop dead out of nowhere because I was so laggy I didn't knew I was dead.

I've had similar issues. Everyone else would seem fine except me. So I would quit the game via the in-game menu and rejoin and all was well again.

Well gents, I'm moving to a brand new house (my first!) so I won't be around for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the M26 Dart gets a nerf by the time I return!
It probably wont...

paskowitz

People are saying that circle strafe is possible in BF3 but more difficult than BC2 for some time.

Its not too hard after the patch. You just point the nose of the heli a bit down, hold the left and right sticks in opposite direction on an angle (left stick points left top, right stick right bottom), with minor adjustments in between.

TheSeks

Its not too hard after the patch. You just point the nose of the heli a bit down, hold the left and right sticks in opposite direction on an angle (left stick points left top, right stick right bottom), with minor adjustments in between.

Guess I need to put time in the flight school server if that's true. And it's true HOLY SHIT DICE WHY. FIX THIS SHIT DICE. NAO.

So I was having an amazing match with 120 kills and 17 deaths when BF3/My 360 frozen.. do those kills count towards my stats?

If it's on Battlelog, yes.

tn2007

Yeah it's pretty easy to do, but I have to use legacy controls to do it. I can fly the chopper pretty well in an empty server. But when real action comes along I choke and I usually hit a stupid pole!!

tn2007

Son, I am disappointed.

Lol, I don't come from a background of playing FPS so anything new for BF3 I will support, since I love this game.

Why does everyone here hate the new map pack anyways? I think it's awesome that I can play a quick close quarter match instead of a 200% ticket khrag island rush defense for 1 hour. Where half the time I'm sitting there falling asleep. Btw 200% ticket rush is stupid on consoles, at least on the bigger maps.

Top Bottom