• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TCRS

Banned
Can't wait for the L86.

It's kind of cool that DICE has added some weapons from countries you don't normally see in first person shooters. They've usually got US, Russian and German weapons, sometimes Israeli (Uzi). But BF3 has also got the KH2002 which is from Iran and now the JNG-90 from Turkey.

Lol, I don't come from a background of playing FPS so anything new for BF3 I will support, since I love this game.

Why does everyone here hate the new map pack anyways? I think it's awesome that I can play a quick close quarter match instead of a 200% ticket khrag island rush defense for 1 hour. Where half the time I'm sitting there falling asleep. Btw 200% ticket rush is stupid on consoles, at least on the bigger maps.

200% rush is stupid on any map.

Day one for me too... and day one for the other two expansions too.

day 1 on 360 cuz i still have some free MS points, but i dunno about PS3... $15 for a SPAS-12 is kinda steep...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think the most fucked up thing about this is that they drop the CQB maps first.

Whatever their reasons... it sucks, and I'm holding it against them.

Just more incentive to finally build a nasty PC and get ARMA up and running... forget about these devs who continually move away from the niche fans that helped establish their brands.

apparently it's camping if you have all the flags then you stay at a flag and protect it and kill enemies as they come to the flag and are nowhere near their home base.

olimpia84

What a load of crockshit lol
We start kicking their asses and we get kicked out of the server. I sent him a message saying "butthurt?" and he replied saying "no just restarting butthead". I don't know what that means but I checked the server and they all quit too so I'm not sure what he meant by restarting...I would have gladly played the round again and spank them again.

After that I decided to call it a day for now...today I probably got a record number of disconnects =/

JJD

Just saw the new trailer, damn this game looks soooooo pretty on PC...where's PS4 or Xbox 720, MS and Sony???

I'll buy the new map pack. I used to like Metro, but I got tired of all those endurance matches. If almost everyone wants to play small, infantry focused maps at least I'm doing it in a new one.

I've had similar issues. Everyone else would seem fine except me. So I would quit the game via the in-game menu and rejoin and all was well again.

Well gents, I'm moving to a brand new house (my first!) so I won't be around for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the M26 Dart gets a nerf by the time I return!
It probably wont...

Hey man congratulations on your new house!!! :)

I live in a rented one, but hopefully next year I'll begin to build mine! Too much stuff and bills to pay this year... :-(

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time. I didn't want to quit and leave the guys not even for some minutes 'cause we were playing against a full team of colonels and we had a bunch of low lvl. players on our side. Needless to say some games were very hard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What a load of crockshit lol
We start kicking their asses and we get kicked out of the server. I sent him a message saying "butthurt?" and he replied saying "no just restarting butthead". I don't know what that means but I checked the server and they all quit too so I'm not sure what he meant by restarting...I would have gladly played the round again and spank them again.

After that I decided to call it a day for now...today I probably got a record number of disconnects =/

lol. I know right.

In other news: Demize talks balance which is trollolololololol after that reddit AMA where he admits they "play like gentlemen" at DICE before launch. So I don't believe what he says.

No_Style

My no multiplayer DLC policy is still in effect, so naturally it's day "never" unless it goes free.

Hey man congratulations on your new house!!! :)

I live in a rented one, but hopefully next year I'll begin to build mine! Too much stuff and bills to pay this year... :-(

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time. I didn't want to quit and leave the guys not even for some minutes 'cause we were playing against a full team of colonels and we had a bunch of low lvl. players on our side. Needless to say some games were very hard.

Thanks! I may or may not squeeze in a few more days of BF3. Reading this thread gave me the itch to play a bit more.

Mikey Jr.

Have Dice talked at all about the custom server bullshit taking over MP?

Like will quickmatch go back to using DICE servers only or something?

JJD

Man, today was even worse than yesterday. Uber lag fest all around, rubber banding a lot of disconnects!!! Killing guys who froze when they died, being killed and still keep running for a couple seconds...

On that Seinne round I suicided 2 times jumping in the fucking river! On the water!!! WTF is happening?

BF has never been that bad for me since I started. I had some trouble with BC2 were I couldn't get connected on EA servers for close to 2 months, but that went away. Lagging like this has never been an issue until now.

My PS3 is connected via ethernet, and it is in a DMZ since the wire passes through a wi-fi router. I guess the issue must be either the router or my ISP, since both have been acting strange lately.

I'll double check all the settings, but if I keep getting lag like this I won't be playing until it goes away.

JJD

Faceless your thieving shenanigans were the sole reason we won that Damavand game. Boa was fucking amazing as usual on our team tank, but I don't believe he would have managed to hold the other team tank and engineers considering they had 2 or 3 gaffers and how they were pushing until the last set (well, maybe he could..you never know with a guy like him! Lol!).

It was fucking awesome, big big props man, I thought that round was lost!

JJD

So I discovered what's causing my lag issues with the game. It's my fucking ISP.

I'm on a 10 MB connection (paying 80 dollars for it), and when I got disconnected from the last game I checked and I was connect at a little less than 5 MB. I had a ping of 111ms seconds on the ISP server and it's located just a couple miles from where I live.

Right now I'm connected at fucking 70 Kbs, and I can't even get my ping. Results are from Speed test.

At least I'm still somehow connected, and able to (barely) surf the net.

It's the only ISP available where I live...fuck this country.

TheSeks

On that Seinne round I suicided 2 times jumping in the fucking river! On the water!!! WTF is happening?

That's normal, actually. Jumping from the bridge down to the water will generate a suicide. Why? Who the fuck knows. DICE!

Laggy. Sorry guys, but I'm going to bail. -4 and -1 KDR. >_<

At least I unlocked the Extinguisher on the jet. Leaves Below Radar now. >_<

TheSeks

Robert Bach said:
There are things that we’ve been fixing that have been way, way worse than the things you’ve brought up, and we have to make decisions on fixing the most important things first,” Bach told CVG referring to Battlefield 3&#8242;s input lag,

...What? No. My mind... it's boggled at the sheer stupidity.

"Input lag isn't important." NO FUCK YOU IT IS. There was NONE in BC1/1943/BC2. So it should NOT be there in the first damn place. The AA quick-fix is nice and all, but it should NOT have been there at launch and it is EXTREMELY DISABLING for most PS3 players. Even if we put our big boy pants on and dealwithit.gif.

TheSeks

What's more important than the controls of the game? It affects the entire game all the time.

Exactly. Unless there is some game save eating bug, this should've had priority over CQC. The next thing being balance. Minor bugs that aren't showstoppers (which is what he's probably referring to) being last. Because those can be dealt with unless they're exploiting and breaking the game. Input lag effects EVERYTHING you do.

Faceless your thieving shenanigans were the sole reason we won that Damavand game. Boa was fucking amazing as usual on our team tank, but I don't believe he would have managed to hold the other team tank and engineers considering they had 2 or 3 gaffers and how they were pushing until the last set (well, maybe he could..you never know with a guy like him! Lol!).

It was fucking awesome, big big props man, I thought that round was lost!

:D

meppi

Since the game launched in October, the PS3 version received one VoIP patch in February, and input lag was addressed in the 1GB patch in March. While both fixes did improve the experience for PS3 users, there are still some rough edges to sand off. Fortunately, both problems will be further fixed in the near future according to Bach.

Wonder what their new "fix" will be. Perhaps they will replace all the textures with flat-shaded polygons to reduce lag even further.
The game should never have shipped like that in the first place.

Anyway, it's too late for me anyway as it's the sole reason I stopped playing the game and got it on the 360. My PS3 version is up for sale at this moment, so whatever carrot they dangle in front of me, I'm not going to go back.

That being said, I'm starting to play it a lot more like BC2 now thanks to it controlling the way it should and also finding that I can more or less use the 870 or even the M1014 with a x4 and slugs in a somewhat similar way as I did when running as an attack recon with my GOL. :)
Before I could barely even use a x4 scope as it made the crappy controls even worse and made me aim like a drunk.

The only thing I miss is playing with a couple of guys from my old FL since playing with a random squad of generals doesn't mean anything.
Had one of those great instances today where we were on metro conquest (again :( ) and we started by the trains. Had 2 points and capped the third.
Then we lost every single flag and I pushed towards the flag closest to the enemy base on my own.
I spent 3-4 minutes there by myself trying to avoid the 2 guys who were hunting me down.
Yet my 3 retard squad mates never even once spawned on me to take that flag, even though they were dead at the same time or not.
I might only be a level 22, but still, I was MVP until I had to leave for work. So that should at least tell them they could somehow trust my judgement.
Instead they thought it was a good idea to spawn in their base where the other 10 guys were waiting to slaughter them as they poked their empty heads around a corner.

I don't know how it's possible, but people seem to be getting dumber... :-/

tn2007

Do people still have VOIP problems on PS3 since the patch that supposedly fixed it? Or do they mean that the VOIP is what's causing the input lag?

I haven't had any VOIP problems but I think dawnoflife does. So hopefully everything will get fixed this time around.

I haven't had any VOIP problems but I think dawnoflife does. So hopefully everything will get fixed this time around.
Everyone in my clan (100+) has been fine on the VOIP front since that patch. Does dawnoflife have problems with all headsets in BF3, or just the Sony Stereo headset? FWIW there are probably 10 or so guys in my clan (including myself) using the Sony Stereo headset without issues in BF3 since the patch.

tn2007

Everyone in my clan (100+) has been fine on the VOIP front since that patch. Does dawnoflife have problems with all headsets in BF3, or just the Sony Stereo headset? FWIW there are probably 10 or so guys in my clan (including myself) using the Sony Stereo headset without issues in BF3 since the patch.

I don't know, your gonna have to wait and see if he posts.

Dawnoflife here. I have the sony wireless stereo headset. It works in other games, it even works while i'm in the lobby in BF3. But as soon as I enter the game, no one can hear me. I definitely need the next patch. Input lag also hasn't changed for me at all. Same issues as pre-patch.

olimpia84

Sorry for the late night foul language JJ, but that stupid 'autorotator' guy was pissing me off so much. Also in the earlier games when Evolved was playing I was listening to music in my headphones so I apologize if I wasn't following any directions.

But yeah, going back to that Kharg game...I can't believe how useless our team was. Check the point difference between us two and the rest of our team: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/43173140/4/

SMH

olimpia84

Dawnoflife here. I have the sony wireless stereo headset. It works in other games, it even works while i'm in the lobby in BF3. But as soon as I enter the game, no one can hear me. I definitely need the next patch. Input lag also hasn't changed for me at all. Same issues as pre-patch.

I have the same headset and it works fine for me.

JJD

Regarding those VOIP issues, anyone playing today was using the mic? Evolved and Ejas? If you guys were I could hear no one. I was only able to hear Olimpia near the end of that last Kharg game.

Finally my ISP problems are over and I had some good games today! Thanks for everyone that joined, specially Olimpia on that last game! We rocked man!

Meppi we weren't playing a lot together in the past months (timezone issues), but I always enjoyed being in a squad with you and Mancunian (is he dropping the PS3 version too?). Sad to see you guys go... :-(

Edit: Don't worry man, I was cursing a lot too...sometimes I wonder if all my whining annoy you guys much! :-S

TheSeks

Damn. It sucks the rest of the team couldn't defend and it sucks even worse my attempts to disable tanks wasn't successful too much. I wish DICE would let me have L1 fire for the flanker since I switched to R1 fire in jets for the F35 in hover mode. So it makes firing in a jet a little awkward...

Jas

Regarding those VOIP issues, anyone playing today was using the mic? Evolved and Ejas? If you guys were I could hear no one. I was only able to hear Olimpia near the end of that last Kharg game.

I had myself on mute since I had a tv on in the background (watching Sony Smash Bros.)

I did have problems earlier with VOIP, I couldn't hear Manny when we were in squad together. The other 2 guys could hear him tho.

It's the first and only time since the patch I had any issues with VOIP.

meppi

Meppi we weren't playing a lot together in the past months (timezone issues), but I always enjoyed being in a squad with you and Mancunian (is he dropping the PS3 version too?). Sad to see you guys go... :-(

Yeah, I know.
In BC2 we got to play together a lot more due to me playing a heck of a lot more probably, even at random hours before or after work.
BF3 never clicked with me like that I'm afraid. A huge part of that was the wonky controls.
I tried getting used to them and I actually did, but still I didn't have any fun in the game besides the last couple of games we played which were the exceptions.
After the so-called fix and seeing how it didn't fix all that much in the end I had enough.
At first it felt good, but that was only because I was used to even worse controls.

Don't know. I never had the problem with Killzone 2 for instance as the game felt right like that. But BF3 felt terrible no matter what I tried, so I basically dropped the game.
Guess some people don't mind it that much.

After playing a lot of other games, I decided to give the 360 version a go even though I didn't expect to enjoy the game.
From the first moment the controls felt like they should, pretty much exactly like BC2, only a bit faster. But that's probably due to movement speed and such.
Took a while to get used to them again, but once I did and unlocked a couple of weapons, I started having so much fun with the game again.

Like I already mentioned, I can now play BF3 like I did BC2, which was a bit like Quake 3 Arena. ;)

I pretty much abandoned my PS3 and will only play exclusives on it when I have to.
Been getting very frustrated with it and Sony overall the past couple of years.
All the crashes and freezes sure didn't help either.
My PS3 used to crash at least twice every week, sometimes even in a single day.
I'm not going to say that 360s don't crash, but they certainly hold up a heck of a lot better. Since I bought mine around Christmas it only froze 2 times. Ones while loading the title screen of Borderlands and once during a crazy BC2 game.
I did have 2 servers freeze on me in BF3, but no crashes so far. In those cases I could still get to the dashboard and everything.

Seeing how I play the system much more than I used to play my PS3 and how I'm not exactly a fan of Microsoft to begin with, that's quite a feat. ;)
So yeah, I basically sold or am in the process of selling all my 3rd party PS3 games and have replaced them with 360 versions to avoid all that stuff that gets on my nerves.
Preferring the controlled as well is a bonus.

Mancunian11 did the same thing after seeing how it completely changed my mind and how many games have online co-op for the full campaign.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Finally my ISP problems are over and I had some good games today! Thanks for everyone that joined, specially Olimpia on that last game! We rocked man!

Edit: Don't worry man, I was cursing a lot too...sometimes I wonder if all my whining annoy you guys much! :-S

I didn't have my mic on... it was late and I have some family here for the weekend.

Also, much like you, I get the feeling I probably annoy the shit out of people when I have the mic on lol. For what it's worth though, you aren't bothersome on the mic. I like people who talk about the flow of the match and it's clear you're trying to win the game.

Also... that moment last night when you two-for'd those tanks on Caspian was some pretty funny shit. Remember when our helicopter inverted? haha... what the hell was that!? I was trying to recover, but it wasn't happening. We were stuck like that.

Stupid jets are stupid. And they suck. On fat asses

....too bad meppi and mancu left for 360. :( But I can totally relate to why.... I still hate the controls on PS3. I'm kinda curious to try the 360 version.

So does anyone know if DICE is planning on organizing the servers any better?

I really miss the official servers. Defending on rush with anything more than 100% tickets is a frustrating exercise in futility. And really all gametypes with more then 100% tickets take too long for my liking.

I do find Kertz's blog post helpful though. I was one who relied exclusively on the foregrip/suppressor combo and thanks to his post I now know why the range is horrible and can appropriately adjust my play style and more likely switch up my combo's.

It is getting a little frustrating having to learn new mechanics every time they release a patch though. :/

JJD

I didn't have my mic on... it was late and I have some family here for the weekend.

Also, much like you, I get the feeling I probably annoy the shit out of people when I have the mic on lol. For what it's worth though, you aren't bothersome on the mic. I like people who talk about the flow of the match and it's clear you're trying to win the game.

Also... that moment last night when you two-for'd those tanks on Caspian was some pretty funny shit. Remember when our helicopter inverted? haha... what the hell was that!? I was trying to recover, but it wasn't happening. We were stuck like that.

Stupid jets are stupid. And they suck. On fat asses

....too bad meppi and manch left for 360. :( But I can totally relate to why.... I still hate the controls on PS3. I'm kinda curious to try the 360 version.

Yeah that game was funny as hell I cracked up twice when the chopper inverted and on the C4 run on those 2 tanks. I was just so happy that my ISP issues were gone that I was smiling the whole game.

Man I get the same feeling when I'm on the mic, that I must be annoying the whole squad!

I don't know why you think you're annoying on the mic too, you call enemy positions very precisely, I don't remember you whining like I use to do sometimes, you're always cool and collected even in the middle of a huge firefight! Lol!

And there was a game quite some time ago you were flying solo on the chopper and every time I asked for support you would rain down death on every flag I was trying to conquer.

You destroyed 2 tanks on different flags giving me awesome air support when I was running recon and couldn't deal with then! Then a jet rammed you if I'm not mistaken...fucking jets indeed... :-(

Top Bottom