• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Sorry for not rejoining back guys but my game crashed and didn't feel like restarting all over again. I had a disconnect in the middle of that Gulf Oman round (a good 15 minutes into the game) and it took me literally less than 2 minutes to go up to 5th in the scoreboard. Seriously, some people are way too damn useless in this game.

BoatAck

Sorry for not rejoining back guys but my game crashed and didn't feel like restarting all over again. I had a disconnect in the middle of that Gulf Oman round (a good 15 minutes into the game) and it took me literally less than 2 minutes to go up to 5th in the scoreboard. Seriously, some people are way too damn useless in this game.

We ended up winning. I think everyone on our squad ended up getting disconnected/frozen at least once or twice. I froze on the win screen. Towards the end we ended up losing all the flags for a good period of time, but we had enough of a ticket lead that it didn't matter. Also, I really loathe the Javelin.

JJD

I'd argue people like him are why stats are useful. You can look at his history and see that he is a OP metro whore and just write him off. Then you can look at stats of say you or me and see that we mix it up and have earned our stats, instead of just whoring metro all day long.

The only thing a guy like him needs to do is play about 10 or 12 random games and there is no way we could tell that he is a Metro whore...

so you're saying he's actually a good player?

Quite the contrary, I doubt he is a good player since he is playing Metro non stop and his SPM is still a little above 500 and his K/D is still under 2.0, so I wonder how low they were when he started doing this.

If he was really good they should be way higher, Metro is a point goldmine, specially on high tickets games on rented servers like his.

I'm saying stats are kinda useless beause people like him are abusing rented servers just to pad their stats, and it's easy to hide all the Metro whoring people do to get there.

We ended up winning. I think everyone on our squad ended up getting disconnected/frozen at least once or twice. I froze on the win screen. Towards the end we ended up losing all the flags for a good period of time, but we had enough of a ticket lead that it didn't matter. Also, I really loathe the Javelin.

Depending on the map the smoke perk for tanks is really a life saver. It reloads almost as fast as someone can lock at you. Your only trouble is multiple engineers all gunning for you at once.

eek5

What's more important than the controls of the game? It affects the entire game all the time.

I agree completely. I think something like controls should be near the very top of the priority list.

"Regarding vocal people on the internet, the statistics we get from the game often prove that certain things aren't true, and it's really hard to tell sometimes."

Ignoring it because it was a "vocal minority" is a joke. I know it's hard to pull stats from me because I stopped playing due to the issue lol

What does this even mean:

"It's interesting that you brought up the input lag, which has been a really hard thing for us to fix, but in the Close Quarters expansion pack we're actually fixing it. I didn't want to bring it up as a feature, but we are improving it quite significantly, and hopefully players who have felt it before will feel the difference, that it feels much snappier and gives better feedback, so we're definitely listening.

Tight controls shouldn't be a fucking bullet point. smh

Also in regards to the fix being part of the expansion pack... I hope the controls just aren't tighter on those maps. Not going to buy the pack to find out though so hopefully the fix makes its way to everyone else too.

JJD

So it seems that the difference between regular conquest and the Close Quarters pack Conquest Domination is that you can't spawn on the flags...

I really don't know what to think of this.

There will be only 3 flags on each map. Every time I see the trailers for the new maps they look better, and I'm actually excited to try then, but I have no idea if this new mechanic is going to be good or bad.

I suppose if you could spawn on the flags it would make it too easy to just cap one and defend it until the end of the game since the map is so small.

Still Dice is wasting an opportunity to make rush variants on those maps. If metro has rush why the other ones can't have it? Are they that small, couldn't they make it just a little bigger to accommodate it while retaining the CQC feeling they are going with? With 4 maps only in the pack more game modes would be really welcome.

So it seems that the difference between regular conquest and the Close Quarters pack Conquest Domination is that you can't spawn on the flags...

I really don't know what to think of this.

There will be only 3 flags on each map. Every time I see the trailers for the new maps they look better, and I'm actually excited to try then, but I have no idea if this new mechanic is going to be good or bad.

I suppose if you could spawn on the flags it would make it too easy to just cap one and defend it until the end of the game since the map is so small.

Still Dice is wasting an opportunity to make rush variants on those maps. If metro has rush why the other ones can't have it? Are they that small, couldn't they make it just a little bigger to accommodate it while retaining the CQC feeling they are going with? With 4 maps only in the pack more game modes would be really welcome.

This article sums it up pretty well

Flags capture insanely fast. In normal Conquest mode, flags flip from enemy control to yours at a sluggish pace, often taking 20 agonizing seconds or more for a full capture. Conquest Domination pumps some adrenaline into the capture rate, and just one second is enough time for nabbing a zone.

I can see some huge opportunity for stat boosters out there...

DzVS9.png

JJD

I can see some huge opportunity for stat boosters out there...

Wow great link, thanks Dream!

I thought you would only be able to spawn at your squad mates or at your base.

I don't know if I like random spawn points. It really looks like the bastard child of TDM and Conquest.

It's surely going to be a stat boosting heaven...ugh!

Hopefully they'll fix the server browser by then so we'll be able to find official servers instead of custom endurance ones
Yeah, right I wish...

What are your thoughts man? You're getting it?

I fear a lot of gaffers are not getting it and I'll be stuck with randoms...

tn2007

That article made it sound intense and amazing! I love close matches, combined with a small map and fast flag captures. That will be pure adrenaline rush for me. So amped up to play it. Day 1!!

I don't understand why they couldn't make a rush version too. I would of made it 3 sets with 1 MCOM per set and with 16 players. Pretty much squad rush times 2.

JJD

That article made it sound intense and amazing! I love close matches, combined with a small map and fast flag captures. That will be pure adrenaline rush for me. So amped up to play it. Day 1!!

I don't understand why they couldn't make a rush version too. I would of made it 3 sets with 1 MCOM per set and with 16 players. Pretty much squad rush times 2.

Well, I was already counting on you if can manage to drag you away from your PC while you're playing Diablo! Lol!

tn2007

Well, I was already counting on you if can manage to drag you away from your PC while you're playing Diablo! Lol!

Haha I am addicted to Diablo. It's the looting and boss runs that get me. It comes out May 15 and by the time CQC pack comes out I should have my Diablo fix. I'll be able to balance out time for both by then.

Fersis is getting it, and I'm sure most of the people here will get it for the guns, achievements and new assignments. Seks, Olimpia and Faceless look like completionist so I think they will buy it.

meppi

Always nice to down a wannabe chopper whore who is blowing up all the hardware in your base with one well placed RPG. ;)

In such a case I do believe a bagging of the tea is in place. :p

OG Kush

Do you guys think base raping is a viable tactic? As in the other team blowing up all your planes/helic/vehicles whnever they spawn.
Personally I'm fine with it, but there seems to be quite a few BF3 players who are against it. I think you should get your team together and try and take down the other teams air vehicles, not their fault you can't get your shit together.

Good games last night! After you guys all left I stuck around on that Tehran deathmatch game which ended up being an almost 3 hour game of sniper hide and seek…managed to finally get nemesis pin (actually 4) and finally get my trophy for decorated! Took care of a lot of the sniper requirements for that gunslinger trophy as well.

Skidd

So I get kicked out of a 'No Shotguns' Server [METRO] because apparently I hanged around A a bit too much to keep the pressure on RU's side and didn't bother to search for my spawn beacon.

Meanwhile, there's a dude running around with a Saiga/underslung Mass...

r3Zu3.jpg

Naturally, I went back in there and our team made a terrific comeback.

meppi

Do you guys think base raping is a viable tactic? As in the other team blowing up all your planes/helic/vehicles whnever they spawn.
Personally I'm fine with it, but there seems to be quite a few BF3 players who are against it. I think you should get your team together and try and take down the other teams air vehicles, not their fault you can't get your shit together.

If you like to be a skill-less tool, sure. otherwise, not so much.

JJD

I'm fine with it. Some time ago when BF3 wasn't out, and there were not many people playing BC2 anymore I got hate mail in a game where our team was base raping the other on Port Valdez. I felt bad about it and quit the game since there wasn't many people playing anyway.

I started playing in another game and later I noticed the same guy that had sent me the hate mail playing in our team. Eventually after a couple matches we managed to corner the other team again and began base raping then in Atacama Desert. Much to my surprise the guy that had complained earlier was happily gunning in the chopper while the pilot circle strafed the base.

I sent him a mail questioning his earlier complains about base raping. He didn't answer me. I copied the email he sent me, and again he did nothing. So I joined his squad and asked him directly about it since I thought that he hadn't seen the message.

The dude exploded in offenses, calling me names and cursing a lot. After the game he flooded my mail box with more offenses so I reported him.

I'm not saying everyone that complains about those stuff actually do then. But believe me there's a lot of people that do.

So I get kicked out of a 'No Shotguns' Server [METRO] because apparently I hanged around A a bit too much to keep the pressure on RU's side and didn't bother to search for my spawn beacon.

Meanwhile, there's a dude running around with a Saiga/underslung Mass...

r3Zu3.jpg

Naturally, I went back in there and our team made a terrific comeback.

I never realized that you can equip the underslung/mass combo on automatic shotguns!!! :-0

Imagine playing with the USAS equipped with slugs for medium range, and the underslung/mass with each pellet doing the same damage of a slug for CQC ? I'm ashamed to say I might try that...

i prefer to steal the enemy air vehicles, it's better than just destroying them.

tn2007

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/43456322/4/176840875/

God I hate playing with randoms. All these freaking colonels and they are just useless. They should replace the rank icon with your SPM so I can tell if they PTFO.

Sorry Rockscar for not rejoining. Game froze after we lost and I didnt feel like playing with those scrubs anymore. GGs though.

Kuri you played really well last night. You were at the right place at the right time and making some good decisions. You are getting better, so keep it up.

Vormund

I have the PS3 and 360 version....

I've only ever gotten kicked (and banned once) while playing on the PS3. It just seems anytime I'm doing well while playing BF3 on the PS3 I get a kick. WTF is with PS3 players?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Day was shot. Didn't even play BC1 because stupid MGO took forever to update and tomorrow I gotta get the last 6% of it update. SMH.

Sorry I was playing kind of crappy today, was finishing up the gunslinger trophy and some of those guns are just god awful with nothing but ironsights. Didn't help that the trophy is glitched either…my god the FAMAS reloads sooooo slow post patch. Glad to have that out of the way…now I can go back to using whatever gun I please.

Have been finding a lot of success with the MP7 w/ laser sight these days, especially on infantry maps.

tn2007

Man we had some really good games today. That first set on gulf of Oman rush was intense!!! Man we pulled together and came out with the crate at the very end with zero tickets left. What a good game. Dream, JJD, and Boa came up clutch.

Man we had some really good games today. That first set on gulf of Oman rush was intense!!! Man we pulled together and came out with the crate at the very end with zero tickets left. What a good game. Dream, JJD, and Boa came up clutch.

that final rush round was pathetic though >.>
Can you imagine how many times the enemy would have armed if it weren't for the C4 tactic?

People seriously...

tn2007

that final rush round was pathetic though >.>
Can you imagine how many times the enemy would have armed if it weren't for the C4 tactic?

People seriously...

What was pathetic was that wake island rush game. Omg we got ran over but we got them back next round.

What was pathetic was that wake island rush game. Omg we got ran over but we got them back next round.

I didn't say anything during Wake since I knew that was going to happen >.>

The moment the chopper start blowing by, I knew we were going to lose.

And indeed, team became too focused on chopper, people arm, lose.
(again, no offense, but I have my own views on how rush defense should be played.)

D-peak defense is suppose to be much easier, but the team still managed to screw it up a bit. Hence why I found it to be pathetic.

Like I said, the enemy would have armed numerous times if we didn't start pulling out the c4 tactic. Thank god that "clicked" on the 2nd set.

TheSeks

hahah MOH has one but not BF3!?

Wait, what? Where are you getting MoH from that tweet from?

OMG Birgirpall made a video on how to say his name like I asked. YAY. But it's a video with no subtitles/word-sounds-like. NOOOO. He'll forever be "Burger Paul" to me. :(

TheSeks

Also, what's the point of that C4 tactic when he doesn't even realize it's possible to cement a supply box on the hood?

Because half the time he suicide runs. What good is C4 resupplying... when you're going to die?

Menelaus

Banned
Because half the time he suicide runs. What good is C4 resupplying... when you're going to die?

sure didn't look like he was suicide running...they made a point to throw it in reverse and get some room before detonation after almost every plant.

also, if he doesn't know about sticking a crate on the buggy, he might assume that the last 3 he throws should be a suicide.

What happened to claymores? It seems like just last night they started disappearing as soon as you're killed. I didn't notice this right away with the patch. Is it new?

What's the C4 Tactic you guys speak of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMk71HRYaXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dqa15aDHrM

This tactic., not the C4 jeep.

It's the last resort to pull when the team isn't competent enough to stop enemies from getting to the m-com.
Blow the C4 when you hear the arming beep, right after it's armed or a calculated estimated based on doritos on the mini-map.
Of course, it's not recommended that you camp like the vid uploader.

here's a bc2 vid to better explain the concept:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6p3xOVuEM

The best way to counter this is to always throw a grenade at the m-com before going to arm.
You'll also be able to clear out any claymores that way also.
(although keep in mind, if there's C4 planted on the m-com, that usually means someone is likely to be close by.)

TheSeks

What happened to claymores? It seems like just last night they started disappearing as soon as you're killed. I didn't notice this right away with the patch. Is it new?

It's been new since the patch, yes.

Also nope. Sorry Faceless to bail, but I'm not playing that. Come join me in BC1. :3

Top Bottom