• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Fucking lost is dedicated to XxMason-23xX, the dumbest random in the world with 4 kills, 14 death and a score that can't even break 1000.

LEGGZZZZ

Felt good playing with the gaf regulars. Man those games on rush playing against "Claymore Girl/Boy" were difficult but satisfying. So glad we ended up winning against them each game, they were some damn good competition, and would have easily destroyed a regular group of randoms.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bear-geh-palkth (best I could do).

I don't get that last one. Bear, gay(?), pal-keth?

In any case: Played against "Mordor" in BC1. Putin teamswitched after I joined and my team started to hold the attackers off at third set of End of the Line (or whatever the big open map with boats is. Faceless would know. Ends with warehouses and one crate near the trains). I'm not sure if he did that in a ragequit "I want wins" thing, given he's been bitching about the BadCompany.ea.com stats being gone for months, but I found that hilarious.

Anyway, he stuck with us and we won attack rounds now and then but the rest of the team wouldn't really push. On defense we won consistently. Which was nice.

Also was nice to have Putin stop for a moment and let me repair him before hopping in and we stole their tank a few times. :3

OMG FACELESS there's still 24+ players playing at 5-7AM EST! *gasp* You should hop on and forget this BF3 business. ;__;

Q: What gun is your favorite for each of the classes and what attachments do you prefer?

I'm loving LMGs in this game, but I want to spray a little less and go back to the rifles and SMGs this game has to offer. Recommend me your favorite gun(s) and why please.

TheSeks

AK-47 (er-AK-74M), AKS-74U. Why? Because fuck you, that's why. They're good guns.

The RPK is also good for LMGs.

Snipers. GOL SNI--Oh. :(

For my classes

Assault: I am currently using the FAMAS. I hate the first sight you get for the gun, but once you get the RDS the gun is a beast.

Engineering: Alternate between the SCAR and the G53 depending on the map. I like the scar for urban warfare and the G53 for more extended maps (like wake island)

Support: RPK is the beast. I use the MI27R as well or whatever it's called.

Recon: I never snipe so this class either has the pp90 or a shotgun at all times.

Tanks: I use the autoloader, smoke, and the coaxial heavy machine gun (it just kills choppers and dug in troops in buildings)

I'm more of a cap flag, support the team, and blow up the m-com kinda guy so I typically go more 7-7 6100 than I do 20-9 so if you're wanting to be a killing machine, some other people may have better options.

Q: What gun is your favorite for each of the classes and what attachments do you prefer?

I'm loving LMGs in this game, but I want to spray a little less and go back to the rifles and SMGs this game has to offer. Recommend me your favorite gun(s) and why please.

I switch guns too often to really just pick one but as far as attachments go...
Assault: Red Dot/Silencer/Fore-grip on everything with M320 Smoke
Engineer: Red Dot/Silencer/Fore-grip on everything with the RPG/SMAW
Support: Holographic or Red Dot/Bi-pod/Flash Supressor with C4
Sniper: Never snipe so I just run with PDW's or Shotguns and attachments are just to preference but I always use the MAV to scout out the area.
My stat page.

^the "fore grip one everything" tactic really doesnt work that well after the patch.

I'm having a difficult time killing anything with a gun after the patch, even after switching up my weapon attachments. The gunplay feels good it just feels like it takes more rounds to put someone down and i'm now losing gun fights i was winning pre patch.

on a side note anybody have any good recommendations for a normal 360 server with normal tickets and a decent map rotation. The server search options are seriously lacking.

Assault: M16A3, F2000. Mostly F2000 with holo, foregrip, heavy barrel/suppressor(?). FAMAs use to be good, but just average now post patch.

Engineer: M4A1, A91. Holo, foregrip, suppressor.

Support: RPK, M127R, M249. holo, foregrip, extended mag/flash suppressor, usual stuff. I don't use bipods enough to ever warrent it.

Recon: P90 - high rate of fire + good close-mid range with red dot, foregrip, laser. works wonders in maps with straight corridors such as bazaar, metro. If you can stand the M7 + wasting a slot for extended ammo, then that may be a better alternative..

^the "fore grip one everything" tactic really doesnt work that well after the patch.

Which weapons in particular is the fore-grip no effective on?

I'm having a difficult time killing anything with a gun after the patch, even after switching up my weapon attachments. The gunplay feels good it just feels like it takes more rounds to put someone down and i'm now losing gun fights i was winning pre patch.

on a side note anybody have any good recommendations for a normal 360 server with normal tickets and a decent map rotation. The server search options are seriously lacking.

I usually just search for "dice" and join the official servers. I really can't find any normal servers any other way.

I believe the grip itself was changed so that it would be better suited for close quarters combat.

Pre-patch: foregrip on a weapon decreased horizontal recoil by 50% for all weapons.

Post-patch: Foregrip on a weapon decreased horizontal recoil by X%, where x is dependent on the weapon. To "balance it", equipping the foregrip post patch also gives you an accuracy penalty at long ranges. (even though it makes no sense realistically.)

JJD

Foregrip slightly decreases aimed accuracy on all guns regardless of distance.

Of course it's going to have a bigger impact on far away targets, but the decrease is still there close or mid range.

Foregrip slightly decreases aimed accuracy on all guns regardless of distance.

Of course it's going to have a bigger impact on far away targets, but the decrease is still there close or mid range.

So whats the point in the fore-grip then?

TheSeks

So whats the point in the fore-grip then?

Close Quarters effectiveness when ADS. That's about it. Foregrip + Silencer is supposed to be for that.

Really though most of the accessories suck. And I used the Foregrip + Flash Suppressor today on the FAMAS like recommended and it's just AWFUL.

Close Quarters effectiveness when ADS. That's about it. Foregrip + Silencer is supposed to be for that.

Really though most of the accessories suck. And I used the Foregrip + Flash Suppressor today on the FAMAS like recommended and it's just AWFUL.

Does it even increase accuracy in close range? Because I was playing and I still had to burst fire to hit them with any accuracy and that was within 10ft.

I don't get that last one. Bear, gay(?), pal-keth?
The middle syllable is like the "ge" in "get".

the kth sound in palkth was the best I could do. There's no extra consonant in there, it's a single sound (with a little bit of a gulp thrown in for good measure).

TBH though even the Icelandic readers on the youtube vid pronounced that sound slightly differently from each other.

TheSeks

Does it even increase accuracy in close range? Because I was playing and I still had to burst fire to hit them with any accuracy and that was within 10ft.

No. But it stops horizontal sway, which is the point in CQC.

Here

APPENDIX: KNOW YOUR BATTLEFIELD 3 ACCESSORIES
ACCESSORY
PROS
CONS

Suppressor
  • +Reduces muzzle climb, increases aimed accuracy, hides muzzle flash
  • -Reduces range, reduces hip accuracy
Laser Sight
  • +Increases hip accuracy, can blind enemies
  • -Visible to enemies
Bipod
  • +Greatly increases accuracy, greatly reduces muzzle climb and sway
  • -Must be stationary with bipod deployed
Flash Suppressor
  • +Greatly reduces muzzle climb, reduces muzzle flash
  • -Slightly reduces hip accuracy
Foregrip
  • +Greatly reduces muzzle drift
  • -Slightly reduces aimed accuracy
Heavy Barrel
  • +Greatly increases aimed accuracy
  • -Increases muzzle climb, reduces hip accuracy

(I also love how the Flashlight isn't in this discussion. DICE knows they fucked up with that. :D)
---

ETA: Just because I'm nice and will save you time:

Jack of All Trades
Primary accessory: Foregrip
Secondary accessory: Flash Suppressor

Kertz’ Comments: To be blunt, previously the Flash Suppressor was worthless. Post update it has received a huge buff: It now substantially reduces the muzzle climb of a weapon, making it much more controllable. Pairing the Foregrip and the Flash Suppressor together will give your weapon a huge boost in controllability, and this will especially help with high rate of fire weapons like the F2000, AEK-971, A-91 and FAMAS.

(Bullshit. In fact it makes using these together makes the FAMAS WORSE IMO)

Short Range Stealth
Secondary accessory: Suppressor

Kertz’ Comments: The Foregrip’s muzzle drift reduction works well at short range and pairs well with the Suppressor’s minor muzzle climb reduction. You’ll be invisible on the minimap, you’ll have a significantly reduced muzzle signature, and your weapon will be more controllable. Finally by pairing the Suppressor and the Foregrip together the Suppressor’s minor accuracy bonus fully offsets the accuracy penalty of the Foregrip — your gun will be just as accurate as if you had no accessories at all.

Hip Fire Run and Gun
Secondary accessory: Laser Sight

Kertz’ Comments: The Laser Sight gives a massive bonus to accuracy from the hip and will allow you to be much more accurate while mobile. Since most of your fire will be from the hip, adding a Foregrip will reduce muzzle drift and make your fire more controllable without feeling any of the downsides of the Foregrip. You can also toggle your laser sight on and off to afford a bit more stealth if the situation requires. Remember, the laser sight only helps from the hip, so turn it off when you’re aiming down the sights to increase your stealth!

Medium Range Marksman
Secondary accessory: Heavy Barrel

Kertz’ Comments: This has been a clear source of confusion in the community. Should I pair a Foregrip with my Heavy Barrel after the update? My answer is a definite yes. Although the Foregrip decreases Aimed Accuracy, the Heavy Barrel’s Aimed Accuracy bonus has been increased to offset the Foregrip’s penalty. Pairing the two will still give you much greater Aimed Accuracy than a stock weapon, as well as reducing your muzzle drift. You will see some increased muzzle climb, however you’ll also be getting increased range out of the Heavy Barrel so your hits will have more impact at Medium Range.

(Except they both make your spread worse, IIRC. So... uh...?)

Long Range Marksman
Primary accessory: Bipod
Secondary accessory: Heavy Barrel

Kertz’ Comments: If you want to get the absolute best accuracy out of your weapon, this is the setup for you. The bipod has absolutely no downsides when undeployed, and when deployed it gives a huge boost to accuracy both aimed and from the hip as well as substantially reducing muzzle climb and drift. You’ll also get the increased range of the heavy barrel making you a threat to even snipers when using your deployed bipod and a high zoom optic.

These are my recommendations. There are several combinations that haven’t been covered here, so experiment to find your best post update accessory combo. There’s at least one combo that’s perfect for your unique playstyle, so try a few and you’ll likely find not just a new accessory combo, but a whole new playstyle. You can find a handy guide below so you always know what to expect when experimenting with the different accessories discussed above. Have fun, and let me know in the poll below how you like to play!

"There’s at least one combo that’s perfect for your unique playstyle," yeah. People not using crutches like lasers and flashlights and scopes and using iron sights like a realman. *cough* Don't need damage nerfs like with the silencer for stealth. Since that's what your silenced pistol is for, but whatever.

TheSeks

In any case: Most people consider the foregrip completely nerfed to the point of useless. And me playing with it off and on guns hasn't really made too much of a difference in play. So... yeah... it's not the "go to" anymore. For most people, the "flash suppressor" is the new shit. Because it lowers your recoil/jumping and people just want Call of Duty-like weapons instead of just taking a low recoil weapon like the AK and using that instead of slapping accessories on shit because ZOMG I GOTTA HAVE MY HIGH ROF GUNZ TO BE CAWL OF DOOTY. :/

OG Kush

What I don't get is how people who aren't hardcore fans and dont go to the battlefield website to read patch notes, how are they meant to know all this? The little tips they give on loading screens still say the old things and when you click info on stuff it gives the old information. They really need a way of actually making the information clear.

What I don't get is how people who aren't hardcore fans and dont go to the battlefield website to read patch notes, how are they meant to know all this? The little tips they give on loading screens still say the old things and when you click info on stuff it gives the old information. They really need a way of actually making the information clear.

They aren't ever going to know. DICE needs a tutorial sooo badly and they would need to update it each time they release a patch. How many people still don't know how to use flares of all things properly? A lot. So much in the multiplayer just isn't discussed anywhere other than forums and unless you check them, you won't know what something does. Seriously ridiculous. BF3 needs to have a detailed in-game manual at the very least.

Ocho

Quick question guys

I recently ordered the game for Xbox. From May 1 to 7, karkand is 50% off on xbla. I don't know if I'll get the game before the 7. New copies have Karkand included or was that offer available only to the first copies?

OG Kush

Quick question guys

I recently ordered the game for Xbox. From May 1 to 7, karkand is 50% off on xbla. I don't know if I'll get the game before the 7. New copies have Karkand included or was that offer available only to the first copies?

only first copies. But it doesn't matter if you'll get the game bfore the 7th because you can just go the battlefield 3 page on marketplace and buy the DLC! you don't need to own the game to buy the DLC from the marketplace.

Until BF4, you mean.

I ain't doing that or Squad Rush's medals. Fuck it.

SQR medals were actually kinda fun and cake compared to this.

nothing worse than getting a tank, racking up a dozen kills and your random bails when the tank is hurt so you have to repair it while it's empty and undefended and then they jack it when it's finally repaired and proceed to drive right into a trap.

Avinexus

only first copies. But it doesn't matter if you'll get the game bfore the 7th because you can just go the battlefield 3 page on marketplace and buy the DLC! you don't need to own the game to buy the DLC from the marketplace.

He needed to know whether the DLC code is included with the game or not in order to know whether he should buy the DLC.

TheSeks

He needed to know whether the DLC code is included with the game or not in order to know whether he should buy the DLC.

Most likely not. If his shipping isn't saying "Limited Edition" it isn't.

It may have been posted, but I'll say it anyways.

Holy spitballs. It's been a half hour:

Download 176mb update
Install 1.5gb to HDD
Download 1gb update for server
Download 2gb update for maps

Geeeeeeeeeeeez...

Menelaus

Banned
It may have been posted, but I'll say it anyways.

Holy spitballs. It's been a half hour:

Download 176mb update
Install 1.5gb to HDD
Download 1gb update for server
Download 2gb update for maps

Geeeeeeeeeeeez...

And just think, if you'd played on PC, you'd have had to download the entire client!

Jas

Good games tonight!

That Siene Crossing round was intense.

JJD and Olimpia were a pain in butt, as usual when you go against them. :)

Nice win guys!

JJD

Good games tonight!

Nice win guys!

Wait, what??? You killed me at least 3 times when I was trying to cap a flag!

I'm the one who dreads playing against you! I!!! ;-)

TheSeks

Negative KDR in like three rounds tonight since I was playing on a 1 bar connection to the server. Which is WTF. But okay... at least we won like two or three of those rounds.

Then Metro comes up and the rest of the team quits leaving all of GAF (and I dunno who #2 is but uh...) against like 10 people. So yeah, I'm done for tonight.

BoatAck

Good games tonight!

Nice win guys!

I couldn't do a damn thing right in that Siene round! That was a frustrating start. And of course we draw the US side on the Canals after that and one of our teammates gives away the LAV and then over half the team quits...so that went well.

Then Metro comes up and the rest of the team quits leaving all of GAF (and I dunno who #2 is but uh...) against like 10 people. So yeah, I'm done for tonight.

Once we got to the 3rd set, that match was like ramming my head against the wall. But we ended up beating that team in the next two matches and running them off.

UFRA

I just had the most awesome knife kill.

So I was playing conquest on Kharg Island, and this douche on the opposing team literally did nothing but wait for the attack chopper constantly. I know because he was always the one in it every single time I saw it (same for the previous 2 maps).

It was getting old, and so I decided my mission was to destroy him.

I hopped in a jet, and used the main gun to disable the chopper. I did this in one pass, and as I was turning around I noticed the chopper resting on the ground on fire, with sparks coming from it. He was repairing it.

Oh no you little bastard.

I bailed out of my jet, and timed my parachute perfectly. It was basically deployed and then I landed on the ground all in one swift motion. I landed LITERALLY right behind him. *KNIFE* got his dog tags, and then he watched me in the kill cam as I took off in his chopper.

Muahahhahaaa

I have no idea how to play this game.

Any recommendations on load outs and how to unlock weapons?

Also how do I become someone who is able to make people spawn on me?

What is the most effective way to get points?

WOW...underslung 12 guage buckshot + ak74 = win when defending on metro rush. I went 23-7 which doesn't sound like much unless you realize I am normally a 7-4 get the objectives kind of guy.

I have no idea how to play this game.

Any recommendations on load outs and how to unlock weapons?

Also how do I become someone who is able to make people spawn on me?

What is the most effective way to get points?

Spawn on you: Simply be in a good position. Squaddies pick whom they spawn on.

Unlock weapons: Play big ticket conquest games. (also see below)

Get points: Cap flags, repair vehicles, revive teammates, toss ammo, etc. Killing is the hardest way to earn points!

As for loadouts....I dunno use what works? I might suggest focusing on assault and engineering until you get the learning curve down pat.

Top Bottom