• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

BoatAck

I keep joining all the goddamn games that say "normal" or whatever.... only to have it be some million-ticket bullshit. People are lying assholes.

It takes forever to find a game that isn't hosted by illiterate fucking retards, or little kids, or whoever the fuck else can't seem to comprehend what should be a common sense, intuitive understanding that 400 ticket RUSH is not how you fucking do things.

God... this putrid community is beyond fucking help. Beyond all hope. The server list is a fucking condemnation of modern gamers. It's a goddamn dunce cap that shouts, "Yes... hello world... we are fucking retards! Hurray for how goddamn unintelligible we are, unable to spell words, communicate basic information, or find our own dicks".

"NO RULZES __ SHOTGNS Git U BANNEDED and NO JET RaMMINFG %500 TickeTZS!"

Where do they come from? Where!? Quick match is all but dead and the server list is a fucking gutter -- A sewer.

And yet this is what they want. Community has spoken. No longer can you have any illusion that there's anything out there but random little shits and LEET SNIPERZ. This is the Battlefield community. Go us.

edit:
I should say this was a bit tongue in cheek... a bit. Been a long day trying to find decent matches.

Was my server empty? It looked like it had a full 24 earlier today. Check under "My servers", I made you an admin. I'm thinking about getting rid of Gulf of Oman from the rotation, that map does nothing but freeze on people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Never froze on me. Also still the best map ever. *puts on sunglasses* Deal with it, GAF.

WoodWERD

Thought I had a trick to finding decent servers by searching 'dice official'...only to be utterly disappointed once I joined.

TheSeks

Thought I had a trick to finding decent servers by searching 'dice official'...only to be utterly disappointed once I joined.

You do. But you have to watch for douches that just copy that title. They give themselves away in the description sometimes. If not that, they are given away by the owner info.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Never froze on me. Also still the best map ever. *puts on sunglasses* Deal with it, GAF.

Not the best. Good

Not good when.. 500% TICKETS
----
Also,
Normal server = Randoms
500% tickets = Gaf (those on my friend list)

80%-90% of the time for me.

I barely go on BF3 anymore cause of this

TheSeks

I'm generally just joining servers quickly. Picking out 100% ticket servers is a rarity given the flood of high ticket servers and I want to get into a Rush match... now. *shrug*

Also:

God Tier:

Deconstruction
Arica Harbor
Cold War
Heavy Metal
End of the Line
Caspian Border
Gulf of Oman
Sharqi Pennisula
Panama Canal
Wake Island 1943

High Tier:

Laguna Presa
Harvest Day
Port Valadez
Iwo Jima 1943

Mid Tier:

That one Middle East with Palaces BF2:MC map
Par for the Course
Oasis Conquest BC1

Meh Tier:
Bridge Too Far
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat maps in general
Oasis Conquest BC2
Shoots and Ladders Strike at Karkand

Low Tier:
Grand Bazaar
Kharg Island (would be mid Tier if able to remove helicopters and jets)
Operation Metro TDM
Norshal Canals TDM
Damavand Peak

Shit sucks tier:
Operation Metro
Norshal Canals (because of the Cheese Mobile)
Oasis Rush... BC1 AND 2.
Wake Island BF3

(I'm forgetting some maps, I know)

TheSeks

It was useless even then. I've had it split parties/squads many times. Or put us in servers and leave one person out and split my party.

Rather find a low player count server and take my chances with that than try to get a quick game with shitty matchmaking.

I keep joining all the goddamn games that say "normal" or whatever.... only to have it be some million-ticket bullshit. People are lying assholes.

It takes forever to find a game that isn't hosted by illiterate fucking retards, or little kids, or whoever the fuck else can't seem to comprehend what should be a common sense, intuitive understanding that 400 ticket RUSH is not how you fucking do things.

God... this putrid community is beyond fucking help. Beyond all hope. The server list is a fucking condemnation of modern gamers. It's a goddamn dunce cap that shouts, "Yes... hello world... we are fucking retards! Hurray for how goddamn unintelligible we are, unable to spell words, communicate basic information, or find our own dicks".

"NO RULZES __ SHOTGNS Git U BANNEDED and NO JET RaMMINFG %500 TickeTZS!"

Where do they come from? Where!? Quick match is all but dead and the server list is a fucking gutter -- A sewer.

And yet this is what they want. Community has spoken. No longer can you have any illusion that there's anything out there but random little shits and LEET SNIPERZ. This is the Battlefield community. Go us.

edit:
I should say this was a bit tongue in cheek... a bit. Been a long day trying to find decent matches.
the other day i joined a game that said

"NO SHOTGUNS, RPG, M320, M26 OR AUTOMATIC WEAPONS"

yes, it was literally a snipers only server.

R1-R1-R1-R1-R1

"Search"

"[DICE]-Back To Karkand-"

Tah-dah. You found all the DICE servers.

Now favorite all the DICE owned servers!

R1-R1-R1

"Favorites"

UPVOTE JOIN ALL THE SERVERS!

tons of people naming their servers the same as dice servers nowadays...

TheSeks

tons of people naming their servers the same as dice servers nowadays...

Way to miss that I admit there are douches doing that, that's why you check to make sure "EA/DICE" is the owner and then favorite those.

Start using the favorite tab of your server browser. It'll save you much grief (other than all the servers being full like mine. WOE), I swear.

Just had a 5 nemesis ribbon game on Metro Rush. 200 ticket. I was on defense. 4 of the ribbons came from kalu09 or something like that. I wasn't even gunning for him...just came about. Up to 24 of those now. 6 to go!!!

My friends and I are paying for a 360 server. TehBias - CQ @ 200% is the name. It's usually the CQ infantry maps, but we can mix it up on request. I also play with some GAFers on their server, search for RK1 in the title.

vixlar

i just started playing a few days ago. In case you didn't know, the back 2 karkand map pack is on sale for 600 fuckbucks this week.

I'm having fun with the game as well. Don't really care for the plane controls tbh, and for some reason maps always seem either too big or too small, but yeah it's fun. and since it was only 20 bucks i guess i can't complain too much.

Thanks for the tip, but I was lucky to get a Special Edition (Karkand included) at a good price (n_n)

UFRA

Hey this has probably been discussed before, but what's up with the DICE "Epic Battles" conquest servers not going through all of the maps listed in the rotation?

They list like 6 maps, but you NEVER see Wake Island or Sharqi Peninsula even though both are listed in the rotation. :(

It seems impossible to play Wake Island conquest anywhere.

Hey this has probably been discussed before, but what's up with the DICE "Epic Battles" conquest servers not going through all of the maps listed in the rotation?

They list like 6 maps, but you NEVER see Wake Island or Sharqi Peninsula even though both are listed in the rotation. :(

It seems impossible to play Wake Island conquest anywhere.

yeah, i heard that's been broken since the update.

TheSeks

They're saving you guys from terrible Wake. Go play 1943 for Wake!

*waves hands frantically* Seriously! 3-flag and 5-flag Conquest Assault! WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING!?

Just got my PC sorted and everything overclocked stably today, first thing I did was try and install this however I'm stuck being unable to log into Origin after creating an account (haven't even got a confirmation email so I'm assuming the servers are down). Pretty disappointing first day of my return to PC gaming.

TheSeks

Just got my PC sorted and everything overclocked stably today, first thing I did was try and install this however I'm stuck being unable to log into Origin after creating an account (haven't even got a confirmation email so I'm assuming the servers are down). Pretty disappointing first day of my return to PC gaming.

Console Community Thread.

Uh, are you trying to brag to us peasants or?

Well after trying to get the hang on the new mechanics post title update I can safely say DICE has managed to royally fuck up what they had going.

The gunplay is utterly horrendous post TU and the client side hit detection lag is obnoxiously more noticeable. The guns serve no purpose in the game other than being noise makers because you sure as shit can't down an opponent with one anymore. And in a FPS if your gunplay is garbage then your doomed. Only DICE could fuck up the inherent benefits of dedicated servers.

After the TU BC2 is a better game than BF3 because apparently FB 2.0 wasn't ready for primetime.

OG Kush

Well after trying to get the hang on the new mechanics post title update I can safely say DICE has managed to royally fuck up what they had going.

The gunplay is utterly horrendous post TU and the client side hit detection lag is obnoxiously more noticeable. The guns serve no purpose in the game other than being noise makers because you sure as shit can't down an opponent with one anymore. And in a FPS if your gunplay is garbage then your doomed. Only DICE could fuck up the inherent benefits of dedicated servers.

After the TU BC2 is a better game than BF3 because apparently FB 2.0 wasn't ready for primetime.

No offence but you must really suck at this game or have shitty internet because majority of the community doesn't feel this way. I actually think they made the gunplay better by balancing out all the gun accessories. Before foregrip+silencer was the go to attachments but now you always see a good mix of everything.
Also i hope you know that bullets acually travel and dip in Battlefield games? You have to lead shots depending on the distance.

TheSeks

Gunplay issues is with the suppression mechanic, which most people do have issues with.

Anyway: Problem's fixed UFRA. I'll be on in a little bit. Going to grind up to 58 SL in Demon's Souls so I can invade people for the month before the servers close.

Issue was me changing my modem to a bridge to the router for NAT-2 and they didn't know. Which is WTF. :/

maybe you should play on PC, the mouse should help your aiming.

No offence but you must really suck at this game or have shitty internet because majority of the community doesn't feel this way. I actually think they made the gunplay better by balancing out all the gun accessories. Before foregrip+silencer was the go to attachments but now you always see a good mix of everything.
Also i hope you know that bullets acually travel and dip in Battlefield games? You have to lead shots depending on the distance.

Its the only game I play online and I have 10Mb down and 1Mb up. The hit detection lag is more noticeable now. I had an opponent 10-15 ft in front of me shooting me he stopped and then there was a 3-4 second delay before i dropped dead - I had also started firing on him first with an LMG.

Client side hit detection is a horrible networking solution and you immediately lose any benefit of having a dedicated server.

UFRA

Gunplay issues is with the suppression mechanic, which most people do have issues with.

Anyway: Problem's fixed UFRA. I'll be on in a little bit. Going to grind up to 58 SL in Demon's Souls so I can invade people for the month before the servers close.

Issue was me changing my modem to a bridge to the router for NAT-2 and they didn't know. Which is WTF. :/

Oh wow, well good to hear!

I'll be on tonight around 8PM EST.

You call that grinding?

TheSeks

You call that grinding?

Nah. But my intent is be low level for invasions, which I am now. :3

Also connection issues popped back up. Which is fucking stupid since I had the tech out here earlier. So it has to be the connection (going to isolate the modem right now) or my set-up... which is insane as I've been using this set-up for a year+ now and haven't had issues until this month. :|

Okay, here's one for you Call of Duty: Ping is 45ms normally. Then around this time of night it varies from 500ms to 45ms again back to 500ms with a bunch of packet loss. I have changed my settings various times and tried to isolate the issue. Is it on the ISP's end because if so that's fucking stupid and I shouldn't be paying that much for iffy service if this is what they're going to give me in "prime-time."

TheSeks

If only there was a way to filter between private and DICE servers. That way I don't have to play on Conquest servers where there's 500% tickets which results in matches taking over an hour.

There is: Search "DICE/EA/P" and make sure they're DICE/EA owned. Favorite them. Use the favorite tab in the browser. TAH-DAH.

Rebel Leader

If only there was a way to filter between private and DICE servers. That way I don't have to play on Conquest servers where there's 500% tickets which results in matches taking over an hour.

Was in a match that lasted 2 hr 36 min

I Know I wasn't therw through the whole game

Rebel Leader

So this is my issue, Call of Duty. How long do you think it'll be to fix? They said no more than two weeks but they can't give an ETA and I'm jonesing for Oman bad.

It may take a few weeks as they said. It may take just a few more days if they were notified of the problem earlier and ordered a replacement. Depending on your ISP.

(DSLAM's are a bit out of my knowledge...so is DSL in general)

NOTE: I have cable internet.

Rebel Leader

I'm generally just joining servers quickly. Picking out 100% ticket servers is a rarity given the flood of high ticket servers and I want to get into a Rush match... now. *shrug*

Also:

God Tier:

Wake Island 1943

That's the wake island I always wanted in BF3 but NOPE.

I still believe they need to put that version on Wake's conquest and not this shitty CQA

TheSeks

That's the wake island I always wanted in BF3 but NOPE.

I still believe they need to put that version on Wake's conquest and not this shitty CQA

You and me both, duder. Why the fuck is one side on the island already? It should be a run for the border! >:|

TheSeks

babby mode Wake Island is cool in an arcade game like 1943

They fucked up Pro Mode on that map as well. Only an L. WTF. I should be going down the whole horseshoe. I don't care if it takes as long as a 500% ticket Rush game. :|

Rebel Leader

EDIT: unintentional post
---

I tried a new router recently... my DL and UL speeds were fine.. but...

I was experience 4000+ ping and jitter wirelessly XD

Went to walmart and got a refund

You and me both, duder. Why the fuck is one side on the island already? It should be a run for the border! >:|

Because that's how it was in the original Wake Island map (BF1942). I much prefer the BF1943 version for 24 players, but the 5-flag CQA version based off the original is pretty good too. One thing that makes it less enjoyable though is the fact that there's no longer a decent infantry counter to the choppers post-patch.

TheSeks

Because that's how it was in the original Wake Island map (BF1942). I much prefer the BF1943 version for 24 players, but the 5-flag CQA version based off the original is pretty good too. One thing that makes it less enjoyable though is the fact that there's no longer a decent infantry counter to the choppers post-patch.

I'll have to replay 1942 but I could swear it was two carriers, boats and jets rushing to the island to get as many points as they could before having to battle. That is what I enjoy in 1943's version of conquest: Both sides have to rush to the points to take as many/battle for as many as they can.

Rebel Leader

I'll have to replay 1942 but I could swear it was two carriers, boats and jets rushing to the island to get as many points as they could before having to battle. That is what I enjoy in 1943's version of conquest: Both sides have to rush to the points to take as many/battle for as many as they can.

wJSyt.gif

Top Bottom