• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

quite annoying that i keep getting PS3 hardlocks here right as the round ends:
bf3crash.jpg

never get to see any medals or points :(

but apparently as i look from Battlelog, i did get all my points and whatnot. Don't know if it messes up my unlocks though :(

Is there no way of checking a server's ticket limit before you get into the game? Struggling to find well-populated official Conquest servers these days, and its getting on my nerves spending 10 minutes to find a game I'll enjoy

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Is there no way of checking a server's ticket limit before you get into the game? Struggling to find well-populated official Conquest servers these days, and its getting on my nerves spending 10 minutes to find a game I'll enjoy

There is no way unless you join

UFRA

Anyone ever have moments where the game's audio gets goofy?

For example, you can still hear yourself shoot and your footsteps, but vehicles aren't making any engine noises and other ambient noises stop, then come back intermittently? It's like the battlefield goes quiet and you're all alone. Then all of a sudden you hear jets flying, tanks vrooming by, and then quiet again for a few seconds.

I only noticed this since the latest patch (PS3) but I'm hoping that's all it is and not an issue with my system.

Anyone ever have moments where the game's audio gets goofy?

For example, you can still hear yourself shoot and your footsteps, but vehicles aren't making any engine noises and other ambient noises stop, then come back intermittently? It's like the battlefield goes quiet and you're all alone. Then all of a sudden you hear jets flying, tanks vrooming by, and then quiet again for a few seconds.

I only noticed this since the latest patch (PS3) but I'm hoping that's all it is and not an issue with my system.

yeah, that's been happening since launch... some of the sounds cut out, but not all. it happens on both consoles.

That sound issue is really common for me. I used to think it was supposed to be immersive after an explosion or something, but it's just a random cut-out of ambient sound. I sometimes lost all audio (as did friends) in BC2.

I'm now driven mad once I started noticing the sound of cats meowing on Seine Crossing. I'm always taking my headphones off thinking it's my own cat.

UFRA

yeah, that's been happening since launch... some of the sounds cut out, but not all. it happens on both consoles.

Ah thank goodness.

I swear this game makes me worry my system is dying more than any other game I've ever had lol.

With the freezes, sound glitches, etc. it sure can be scary.

That sound issue is really common for me. I used to think it was supposed to be immersive after an explosion or something, but it's just a random cut-out of ambient sound. I sometimes lost all audio (as did friends) in BC2.

I'm now driven mad once I started noticing the sound of cats meowing on Seine Crossing. I'm always taking my headphones off thinking it's my own cat.

LOL same thing happens to me when I'm playing with headphones. I always step away from the game quick to check where my cat is because I thought she was in trouble or something.

UFRA

And DICE have been in the online game for over 10 years without picking things like that up?

Edit: Never mind, you said ticket limit, not real-time ticket amount.

Although I think that would be nice too. So I don't join a game right when it's about to end.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone ever have moments where the game's audio gets goofy

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO!?.gif

;) ;)

Man, FF13 is so bad in terms of grinding. They really don't give you the money to buy shit at all so you have to grind the cash to get the upgrades to continue to grind the cash to get the upgrades to continue to grind the cash to...

So fucking annoying.

Arcteryx

quite annoying that i keep getting PS3 hardlocks here right as the round ends:
bf3crash.jpg

never get to see any medals or points :(

but apparently as i look from Battlelog, i did get all my points and whatnot. Don't know if it messes up my unlocks though :(

Yep, happens to me EVERY time I play Oman.

Just went through the process of re-installing the map packs...still froze.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Had to bail guys... have a climatology final in the morning.

Fun games though.

edit: Nice back door on the chopper faceless... they weren't ready for that at all.

Had to bail guys... have a climatology final in the morning.

Fun games though.

edit: Nice back door on the chopper faceless... they weren't ready for that at all.

yeah, that was a casual stroll right in the back, and i coasted in perfectly with that bulky transport chopper too... it's way easier to control the scout heli in there...

TheSeks

yeah, that was a casual stroll right in the back, and i coasted in perfectly with that bulky transport chopper too... it's way easier to control the scout heli in there...

I dunno. I feel the scout helicopter is extremely agile. It's tilting is the only issue. I could say the same for the attack helicopters but that's mostly on empty servers while not being under fire.

Can't say the same for the jets. :/

Ocho

Well, it's been 10 hours or so of Battlefield 3 and here are my LTTP impressions:

• I can't pilot a helicopter.
  • Helicopters are op.
  • Wake Island 3 bases?
  • Jets are kind of useless (I suppose I haven't seen one perform at their best -- instead of flying around why don't you cap those two bases the enemies is totally ignoring? USE ALL JETS AS TAXIS).
  • I can't fly Jets.
  • I'm playing only Conquest. In BFBC2, I usually played rush (unless with gaffers).
  • Hand guns are MUUUUUCH better. I feel the power, man.
  • Most maps I like. Metro is so dumb.
  • Like the change of classes, although I still haven't unlocked anything besides Engineer.
  • Can I change my weapon's add ons when playing? Or only when in my soldier? So dumb if the latter.
  • The game is still battlefield and it feels amazing. Battlefield moments all the time.
  • I miss my PS3 brothers (I got the 360 version 'cuz I like my 360 more now a days).
  • I haven't had serious issues with hit detection, etc.
  • I still RAGE when I end up with a mediocre team.
  • Favorite map so far? I'd say Operation Firestorm CQ or the one with the tunnel in the middle. Hm, nevermind I can't decide.
  • Server List? F**king awesome!
  • Who in his right mind thought a 500% ticket RUSH server is something anyone wants?
  • The size of the maps is about fine.
  • My enjoyment of the game definitively increases as I unlock stuff. I was basically naked at lvl1 and that's simple stupid.
  • Need to find 360 friends.
  • Oh no medals.
  • DAFUQ disabled a tank? Y U NO EXPLODE? (same with jeeps -- and I'm perfectly fine with this mechanic, it makes sense)
  • My rockets won't instakill a jeep. OP PLZ NERF.
  • Will play 100+ hours more.

This weekend:
It'll never stop saying this, but I hate Vehicle obsessed people and people who don't stay near the mcom.

PTFO > kills/vehicles.

The moment you see the tickets count tipping toward the enemies' favor, it's time to GTFO and PTFO.
Don't regret and join me on flag/m-com defending when we only have 20 tickets left. Cause I can no longer rage with you, I want to just laugh at you.

Also fucking get out of vehicles if you ain't good in one. No one is going to give you a medal for doing multiple triple toe loops in a jet.

other shit:
1. Need more people who can play recon properly. I mean seriously, beacon in the middle of a hall way/open air? t-ugs in board day light?
2. Anyone who insist on staying in the transport chopper during d-peak attack 3rd set is a freaking idiot. I can't come up with a better explanation for the behavior. I mean what are you hoping for? that some how you will magically land a shot on the 2 m-coms housed indoors?
3. Read your freaking map. JJD is a living testimony of its benefits.
4. If you're a support with C4s, C4 the m-com. If you're a recon, put down a motion sensor. People whine about ammo packs and health packs. Yet they can't do other jobs correctly.

-Dream, SPM-suiciding for the team since 1932.

Something that really bothers me is people running redundant sqd perks. Its not that hard to see that everyone in the sqd has the same perk, why do people not put something else on? I've seen this with fellow gaffers too unfortunately. My ideal sqd would have ammo, expl, cover and sprint. Trade expl for flak or grenade in CQC maps.

Something that really bothers me is people running redundant sqd perks. Its not that hard to see that everyone in the sqd has the same perk, why do people not put something else on? I've seen this with fellow gaffers too unfortunately. My ideal sqd would have ammo, expl, cover and sprint. Trade expl for flak or grenade in CQC maps.

Extra thought + time constraining situation. I do it sometimes also.
Usually I'll point it out, but lately I've been less inclined to do so since I think people are finding me to be nagging.

[*]Hand guns are MUUUUUCH better. I feel the power, man.

Yes ;D http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Noisepurge/iteminfo/g17c/174628262/ps3/

Luv my Glock.

Also, Jets become more useful when you unlock rockets and stuff, can take out tanks and hammer flag-capture areas. But true, most pilots just use them to fly around being useless.

I've set my squad perks per class based on what's generally useful. When get in a game with randoms i mostly don't bother changing them. But with gaffers i tend check what my squad has and change them appropriately. But i wouldn't stress too much about those. It's more about using those kit items.

Anyone else feel like the Assault Rifles are all useless now?
I can't find one that I really like. And I used to like them all.

• I can't pilot a helicopter.
  • Helicopters are op.
Lol if I can't do it, nobody should be able to!
  • Jets are kind of useless (I suppose I haven't seen one perform at their best -- instead of flying around why don't you cap those two bases the enemies is totally ignoring? USE ALL JETS AS TAXIS).
  • I can't fly Jets.
If I can't do it, nobody can!

Fracas

#fuckonami
This weekend:
It'll never stop saying this, but I hate Vehicle obsessed people and people who don't stay near the mcom.

PTFO > kills/vehicles.

The moment you see the tickets count tipping toward the enemies' favor, it's time to GTFO and PTFO.
Don't regret and join me on flag/m-com defending when we only have 20 tickets left. Cause I can no longer rage with you, I want to just laugh at you.

Also fucking get out of vehicles if you ain't good in one. No one is going to give you a medal for doing multiple triple toe loops in a jet.

other shit:
1. Need more people who can play recon properly. I mean seriously, beacon in the middle of a hall way/open air? t-ugs in board day light?
2. Anyone who insist on staying in the transport chopper during d-peak attack 3rd set is a freaking idiot. I can't come up with a better explanation for the behavior. I mean what are you hoping for? that some how you will magically land a shot on the 2 m-coms housed indoors?
3. Read your freaking map. JJD is a living testimony of its benefits.
4. If you're a support with C4s, C4 the m-com. If you're a recon, put down a motion sensor. People whine about ammo packs and health packs. Yet they can't do other jobs correctly.

-Dream, SPM-suiciding for the team since 1932.

Are you playing on 360? If so add me, my GT's Monsterfracas, I'd love to squad up sometime. I promise I'm not a shitty recon, lol

I prefer the carbines now, but I'm still a huge fan of the AEK and M16. Heard good things about the L85A2 and M416 as well.

EDIT: actually, anyone that wants to squad up on 360 add me if you want. I'm not going to have much free time for a few weeks, but I'm down for BF3 when I have time.

TheSeks

I should probably switch back to my BFF AK-47 (er-AK"M"-"74") and see. But I have been dicking around with the FAMAS which is pretty trash with that recoil to get it's unlocks for easy 200's since I'm trying to maximize my score/leveling system and that means switching weapons for 200's once maxed constantly. But the low recoil guns are probably the best thing.

The SG553 is a bit wonky but I'm thinking that's my shitty connection that screwed me over the past week. Generally it's killer on engineer. *ahem*

But he's right... in good hands the chopper is EXTREMELY overpowered. And the AA options are few and easily neutered by below radar (tolerable and reasonable within certain limits), and being too close to the locker (WHY.jpg DICE) or too far from the attacker (WHY.jpg, DICE) to where you have to be a "sweet spot" to get a lock with the AA options. It's fucking stupid.

Basically. Because Jets are overpowered in good hands. Strafe run tanks and disable/kill them in one strafe? Shiiiiiiiiit.

Are you playing on 360?

>Implying GAF plays on 360

:|

Noisepurge said:
I've set my squad perks per class based on what's generally useful. When get in a game with randoms i mostly don't bother changing them. But with gaffers i tend check what my squad has and change them appropriately. But i wouldn't stress too much about those. It's more about using those kit items.

Then, no offense bro: You suck. Because I've changed my perks as the situation dictates with randoms not changing theirs and generally we start to roll on people. Now, I've done quick spawns when the crate is armed and I can't be assed to change my stack to defend but when there's a lull I will.

It does suck a big one when someone that has explosives suddenly changes class and type and then I have to basically suicide/kill myself purposely to get that back.

Oh, dear god: MBisonYES...YES.gif. Even randoms are prone to doing this and it's "all my why.jpg" because they're not outside, dudes.

Shit, the defense has an easier time because of it. Frankly, I don't complain about it on defense but attack it's so stupid I want to facepalm myself into the moon.

Why C4 the crate when I can just LMG mow them down because you put a beacon there? :D

Honestly, if you push up quickly and put it at a choke point (like Metro middle second set) you can generally have a more useful advantage for the team rather than the crates themselves. It's situational but in general yeah, put one on the crate near defense for those that sneak in.

My gt is BinarySquash24 if anyone would like to add me. Just getting started on the 360 version but having a hard time finding good squad mates. Still learning too.

olimpia84

One major gripe I have with this game is how the rank system doesn't really mean anything. In BC2 whenever you joined a random game and the other team was full of generals you pretty much knew that the other team will kick your ass. Similarly, if you joined a game and your team had mostly generals you were good to go and a win was almost guaranteed.
With BF3, like I said before, it doesn't really mean anything. You can join a game and have a ton of Colonels in your team and watch them finish the round with like 2 kills and 14 deaths or play a 20 minute long round and finish with 500 points...seriously wtf. Sometimes I'm even tempted to switch squads just to watch the behavior of these Colonels, like why are they so incompetent? Most of these useless colonels are either sniping like a bunch of idiots or waiting at the base for jets or choppers to spawn. Even worse, they do an awful job of flying said vehicles since they finish the round with like a billion deaths. Go figure.

TheSeks

Well, that's because they made colonel 45 in the attempt to "prolong the life of the game" as admitted in the Game Informer reveal. "We didn't expect people to play BC2 as long as they did. We thought they'd all stop at 20!" So they made colonel meaningless here because they made it 45 for those that want to reach it for the trophy/achievement and then quit playing. The rest of us, the Battlefield hardcores now have to grind 100 more levels with stupid bullshit increasing ranks just to say we reached "Colonel 100." Or grind it in Metro. Either is fucking stupid.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One major gripe I have with this game is how the rank system doesn't really mean anything. In BC2 whenever you joined a random game and the other team was full of generals you pretty much knew that the other team will kick your ass. Similarly, if you joined a game and your team had mostly generals you were good to go and a win was almost guaranteed.
With BF3, like I said before, it doesn't really mean anything. You can join a game and have a ton of Colonels in your team and watch them finish the round with like 2 kills and 14 deaths or play a 20 minute long round and finish with 500 points...seriously wtf. Sometimes I'm even tempted to switch squads just to watch the behavior of these Colonels, like why are they so incompetent? Most of these useless colonels are either sniping like a bunch of idiots or waiting at the base for jets or choppers to spawn. Even worse, they do an awful job of flying said vehicles since they finish the round with like a billion deaths. Go figure.

I like that number that appears in BC1. after you reach a certain rank is shows Numbers instead of ranks.

I had the number 1 on BC1 on Xbox =3

or was that BC2

tn2007

My biggest gripe is spotting, and the use of class kits. I feel like no one spots as much as they should. I spot prior to any engagement long range and anyone I'm flanking. Now I understand if you dont have time to spot because your already engaging in combat, or you spammed the spot button to many times and your in the cool down period. But please try and spot everyone unless they engage you first.

Next I have a problem with people that don't play there role. If your support throw freaking ammo packs down either everytime you stop or everytime your by teammates. It's pretty freaking simple. Recon class people please think about your beacon, and t-ugs\mavs placement. Recon class is the most useless class to me when you either; don't put beacon or t-ugs/mavs in the right place, or don't even place a beacon down.

One extra note of complaining, if you are squad leader please mark an objective that your squad mates are attacking/defending. It gives you and your squad mates 20 ppints per kill at the mark objective.

Why C4 the crate when I can just LMG mow them down because you put a beacon there? :D

Honestly, if you push up quickly and put it at a choke point (like Metro middle second set) you can generally have a more useful advantage for the team rather than the crates themselves. It's situational but in general yeah, put one on the crate near defense for those that sneak in.

Why?
Cause
1) I don't put beacons right next to m-coms.
2) You're obviously not going to be disarming m-coms if you're busy LMGing people down.
3) If you're still alive, you won't be able to spawn on my beacon and I don't want to take chances on you getting back in time.
4) Most likely your teammates are so far in the frontlines or "chokepoints" they won't be able to get back in time to help you.
5) Since the M-coms are armed, obviously you silly teammates haven't been doing a very good job of holding down the choke point.
6) No one likes to be near the m-coms in bf3. Most rush games I've lost is because people don't love the m-com. They want to be far away from it.

Also funny that you mentioned metro 2nd set, cause that's the exact freaking set that I'm thinking about. I don't even want to mention how many times I have to use the c4-mcom tactic, cause I am the lone spm-suiciding defender watching over the m-com - even with gaffers.

Thn/JJD should remember that ridiculous dpeak 2nd set defense where we had to carry the whole team through using this tactic. The enemy armed the m-coms like 20 times in that freaking game.

Put down a freaking c4 at the mcom.
Even if you're at the frontlines, hopefully you can get the enemy camping right next to it if you see the m-com armed.

My biggest gripe is spotting, and the use of class kits. I feel like no one spots as much as they should. I spot prior to any engagement long range and anyone I'm flanking. Now I understand if you dont have time to spot because your already engaging in combat, or you spammed the spot button to many times and your in the cool down period. But please try and spot everyone unless they engage you first.

advance gripes:

Many people have this problem where they magically stop spotting once inside a vehicle. I don't know why.
Kharg island defense is usually a good example. You'll see a few gaffers sitting in the tank over looking the beach, chilling.

I get in their tank, hit spot button - bam 16 orange doritos light up on my screen. Then they start firing *facepalm*

Also MAV can 3d spot!!! HAVE YOU TRIED IT? IT'S AMAZING

*sigh*

note:
No one likes to play recon if they don't have to. no one likes to commit SPM-suicide if they don't have to. And quite frankly, why should we?
Take responsibility and change classes or learn not to run too far up sometime. "Oh we need a recon in the squad, but it ain't gonna be me." "Oh someone need to watch the m-coms, but it ain't going to be me." smh.

OG Kush

Next I have a problem with people that don't play there role. If your support throw freaking ammo packs down either everytime you stop or everytime your by teammates. It's pretty freaking simple. Recon class people please think about your beacon, and t-ugs\mavs placement. Recon class is the most useless class to me when you either; don't put beacon or t-ugs/mavs in the right place, or don't even place a beacon down.

One extra note of complaining, if you are squad leader please mark an objective that your squad mates are attacking/defending. It gives you and your squad mates 20 ppints per kill at the mark objective.

This is exactly why DICE should have a tutorial. I can't really blame many of the players as its DICE's fault for not explaining the the game. It frustrates me so much how so many people don't even spot vehicles, which is so useful for teammates in a heli or jet as they can easily target a tank/whatever and take them out.

Ocho

Not sure what your tone is right here, but let me expand my thoughts just for clarifications sake.

First of all, I never said no one should use Jets/Helicopters. I only mentioned some people should stay away from Jets.

Regarding helicopters, I used to fly them quite decently on BFBC2. My comment was more a jest of how the controls changed from one version to the other, and how I proceeded to crash a full squad into the mountains. Give me a second and third try
and missiles
, and I'll assure you I'll be dominating the air in no time. Also, they're OP because they can destroy a tank in 2 seconds. I was suprised
and dead.

Jets... well, they're new for me. I've flown them a few times, only crashed once. Can't hit targets, yet. I guess I need to unlock stuff to maximize the potential of one.

TheMan

how do you spot?

and what does it take to unlock missles on planes and helis? seems silly that war machines wouldn't have these things by default but hey, i'm not a game designer.

TheSeks

Why?
Cause
1) I don't put beacons right next to m-coms.

Then you're doing it wrong. There's plenty of places to put that beacon right near the crate to where you can catch people. Hell, Metro second B has re-donk-u-lous bleed-through with the T-UGS near the crate. Anyone coming up near that doorway? Gonna be seen on the minimap.

5) Since the M-coms are armed, obviously you silly teammates haven't been doing a very good job of holding down the choke point.

Keyword: Situational. Christ, your rage is blinding you from complete reading comprehension.

As soon as the set is taken, defense spawns second set. Spawn with speed and the beacon. Rush your ass pass A into the middle. Set beacon.

BAM. You can see someone coming and hold that spot down.

Die? Set at the crate. BOOM. See them coming up.

The beacon is highly situational to where you want to put it near the chokepoints if you can. If not, put it where it should be useful to know the lane isn't being stealthed.

Put down a freaking c4 at the mcom.

When I'm not dealing with vehicles that I have to take out with it because DICE doesn't let me have a separate detonator for two different C4 places, sure. Otherwise I'm near those crates 24/7 as soon as I see someone slip through, and you know it. The only time I'm not is if I'm in a chaos situation and the crate is armed in that chaos. But then I generally will notice and run my ass back as quick as I can.

It's why for most of the classes I pick speed over the other shit because I rather have the speed to get there than worry that someone won't give me the speed to get there.

Then you're doing it wrong. There's plenty of places to put that beacon right near the crate to where you can catch people. Hell, Metro second B has re-donk-u-lous bleed-through with the T-UGS near the crate. Anyone coming up near that doorway? Gonna be seen on the minimap.

1)With the exception of Bazaar B and Seinen B, I generally prefer not to put beacons right near m-coms cause a) you're only covering one m-com. b)at most places you are just asking for chaos. So for example, it's a waste for me to put the beacon next to metro 2nd as oppose to some mid point between A and B.

2)This whole conversation wouldn't even be happening if my teammates are even near the m-com to see the t-ugs spotting people in. If they were, they would have killed the guy before he get near the door. Instead, I have to see that guy on the map and c4 him. IF this happened only once, fine. Quite frankly, I'm not even a fan of the c4-mcom tactic. I personally feel it's cheap, but it almost feel necessary the way some people are playing rush defense these days.

Keyword: Situational. Christ, your rage is blinding you from complete reading comprehension.

As soon as the set is taken, defense spawns second set. Spawn with speed and the beacon. Rush your ass pass A into the middle. Set beacon.

BAM. You can see someone coming and hold that spot down.

Die? Set at the crate. BOOM. See them coming up.

The beacon is highly situational to where you want to put it near the chokepoints if you can. If not, put it where it should be useful to know the lane isn't being stealthed.
I read what you said, and I'm still sticking to the point that I'll place my becaon at the mid point of A and B. I don't want to advocate having everyone at the frontlines, and if I die because someone get through/killed me near the m-com. Why would I want to spawn back at the choke point instead of somewhere close to the m-com? Quite honestly, I don't care about the choke point. Not to mention, this is not a live and let die by the recon game, cause if it is - then most of the group are playing it wrong. The point is, PTO.

When I'm not dealing with vehicles that I have to take out with it because DICE doesn't let me have a separate detonator for two different C4 places, sure. Otherwise I'm near those crates 24/7 as soon as I see someone slip through, and you know it. The only time I'm not is if I'm in a chaos situation and the crate is armed in that chaos. But then I generally will notice and run my ass back as quick as I can.

It's why for most of the classes I pick speed over the other shit because I rather have the speed to get there than worry that someone won't give me the speed to get there.

1) You can place C4s on mcoms and still place c4s on vehicles. If you feel a vehicle is the priority target, then take the chance and blow it. It's not like I place c4s on mcoms and then never use my c4s otherwise. You take your chances.

2)We had this conversation in the BC2 thread. Again, I have no worries about you comming back or you camping seinen, Bazaar, etc with me. However, you're not always on as much now, and we're not talking about you. Have you ever played a game of seinen defense without faceless, nostyle, olimpia, ejas and I? You'll notice no one else ever bothers to put down beacons/motion sensors in B. Even though we've both been preaching that as the ultimate defense. Countless people here have praised the motion sensor + beacon in bazaar 1st B tactic. Yet no one does it unless I do it (again, no one wants to spm suicide, who can blame them.)

I seriously don't even want to count how many times I've whined to gaffers "oh, hey guys - help? they just killed me at B, oh look everyone leaving the base. Oh, B is armed now, told you. What you're just running back now from 100 miles away? *sighhhhhhhhhh*". The fact of the matter is, I honestly don't trust some people do to the job (other than killing) anymore.

I played against the worst set of 12 high level BF3 players of all time a couple of days ago. Here are some highlights:

Rush Seine Crossing

1) I was able to walk directly into the boat and destroy and mcom despite there being 5 guys standing their throwing c4 around it. I literally mowed 4 of the down with my L88 and the last guy blew himself up with his own C4. I was lol'ing like a crazy man.

2) We never went below 60 tickets on any capture point at any time.

3) Their best player was 1-12 with 750 points.

4) I have never seen so many grenade/c4 suicides on one round ever in my entire 10 years of playing battlefield.

5) The also allowed me to pretty much set up shop on the second floor overseeing the B mcom and mow them down as they continued to idiotically throw c4's around the area.

Of course the next game due to some migrations we lost.....ah battlefield you sweet bitch.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just took my final... pretty sure I'm walking out of there with MVP. Or best squad, at least.

Now some BF3 until my next final in the afternoon...

Someone play with me for an hour!

TheSeks

how do you spot?

I really should make a control guide similar to the Ninja Gaiden 2 controller map thingy in the NG2 OT.

You see that "ask for ammo/health" "ask if anyone needs healing/ammo" thing that pops up? See that button? Thats the SQUAD CHATTER/SPOT button!

and what does it take to unlock missles on planes and helis? seems silly that war machines wouldn't have these things by default but hey, i'm not a game designer.

The same way you unlock guns: PEW PEW PEW.

dream said:
a) you're only covering one m-com.

And given that it has a pathetically short range (despite the awesome bleed) it will only cover one crate in general. You can put it "between" the two but what good is that if they go around that spot (which is possible on the more open maps) you might as well put it near the crate or slightly near the crate to catch them.

ETA: And even better: If you put it near the hardest to take crate of that set you can generally hold that crate forever. Depending on the team effort and blah blah blah anyway.

Why would I want to spawn back at the choke point instead of somewhere close to the m-com?

Because you're a moron that put the spawn beacon there? Uh, dude. I'm not saying put your kit items there. I'm saying one kit item there. And that's the spot beacons. Put them there, your team can see. Put your spawn beacon in the back of the base near the crates, someone comes in? Spawn on the beacon and take them out. Simple.

1) You can place C4s on mcoms and still place c4s on vehicles. If you feel a vehicle is the priority target, then take the chance and blow it. It's not like I place c4s on mcoms and then never use my c4s otherwise. You take your chances.

Sure, but I have to reload those (IMO) wasted C4's that are near the crate to boom the tanks. Might as well just shoot the people near the crate and use the C4 on the tanks themselves instead of just wasting them. And like you, I find it a cheap tactic and generally I can catch people as they're arming since I'm the only fliping person at times noticing them coming in to where I have to rush back to catch them.

The only time I wish for a "gee, I should've C4'd that" moment is when someone arms, their squad spawns on them before I can catch them and they prone clip through the walls near the crate. That's more DICE's fault than theirs for making themselves hard to clear out/shoot to disarm, but what can you do? (In before: LOLOLOL SET C4!!11 You know what I meant.)

Have you ever played a game of seinen defense without faceless, nostyle, olimpia, ejas and I?

Uh, every flipping day I'm on given that people want to play babby mode over pro mode?

You'll notice no one else ever bothers to put down beacons/motion sensors in B.

Same thing with randoms. Tough shit, put the beacon down and hold that one spot. It's why I have gotten into the habit of putting the beacons near the crate with a small bleed area so I can see them without them seeing my beacon (unless I'm in a rush to reset it). It's how I've won some Rush public games by myself before.

I seriously don't even want to count how many times I've whined to gaffers "oh, hey guys - help? they just killed me at B, oh look everyone leaving the base. Oh, B is armed now, told you. What you're just running back now from 100 miles away? *sighhhhhhhhhh*". The fact of the matter is, I honestly don't trust some people do to the job (other than killing) anymore.

And I don't blame you. I've had Faceless stack squad specalizations despite him dying more than me and me having to resort to changing mine by purposely dying. Shit's fucking annoying, but what can you really do besides bitch?

Protip: You see that third box on spawn? You see those grenades and icons for the squad specelizations? Uh... yeah... those are your squads picks you can even see in the hard to see blue fog what someone is choosing. PICK DIFFERENT ONES FOR FUCKS SAKE.

TheSeks

Are you using the word "beacon" to mean both motion sensors(t-ugs/Mavs) and radio beacons?

You're confusing me with all this "spot beacons" and "cover an area with the beacon" talk.

Cause it doesn't seem like we're on the same page.

Unless I specfically mention the spawn beacon, by "beacon" I mean "MAV (used like a T-UGS)/T-UGS".

Seine 1st i ALWAYS (except for when the team decides that nobody wants to take out the LAV) play recon and unless the other team is just getting their asses handed to them, i am always inside the B courtyard or checking the side arch or checking the back/front stairs. it's seriously the most basic win technology for that map. i love it wheh we've got like 3-4 beacons covering the entire block, that's great.

and yeah, i definitely don't pay attention to squad specs as much as i should...

TheSeks

Seine 1st i ALWAYS (except for when the team decides that nobody wants to take out the LAV) play recon and unless the other team is just getting their asses handed to them, i am always inside the B courtyard or checking the side arch or checking the back/front stairs. it's seriously the most basic win technology for that map. i love it wheh we've got like 3-4 beacons covering the entire block, that's great.

and yeah, i definitely don't pay attention to squad specs as much as i should...

Oh, don't get me wrong: I'm not blaming you in general. But there's one time where I shot a message off going "please change your Sq. Spec." and you ignored it and I'm like "FFS, Faceless. *runs into battle to purposely die to switch*" It's a bit annoying.

@Dream: I can see what you meant. I meant:

-Put a spawn beacon in the back of second set Metro. This is after putting a spot beacon (MAV/T-UGS) at the chokepoint. Because by then the enemy will be coming up near your beacon (spot) while you're setting your beacon (spawn) to spawn on. Then you camp near a crate and mop up stragglers that your team misses.

Dream: Yeah, well I'm in a bit of a rush. Reason why I haven't been on lately: connection issues or I've been EXTREMELY busy trying to find work and volunteering in the meantime and blah blah blah where I'm only on in the evening if that anymore. >_<

Top Bottom