• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I never change squad spec, ever... first of all... I feel like half the time they don't even work. When was the last time I had two frags? When I carry them myself, that's when. And I know for a fact you run half as fast milking someone else's squad sprint as does the squad member spec'd for speed.

I just don't trust the shit. And I make sure I spec for specific kits. If I run engineer, it's extra rockets. Recon is sprint. Assault is frags. Support gets extra explosives.

If that helps other people, great... but with specs, I make sure my kit is as strong/sensible as possible and the secondary benefit to the squad is just periphery.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, what? I've noticed speed being faster and just as fast as if I've picked it up before. Sounds like it's time for me and Faceless to test this in a private server when my DSLAM issue is fixed in two weeks. :/

I think your issue is that the perk doesn't auto-give you a grenade/speed until after you spawn after someone spawns with that chosen perk. It's not a "stack" until they spawn with it on.

I never change squad spec, ever... first of all... I feel like half the time they don't even work. When was the last time I had two frags? When I carry them myself, that's when. And I know for a fact you run half as fast milking someone else's squad sprint as does the squad member spec'd for speed.

I just don't trust the shit. And I make sure I spec for specific kits. If I run engineer, it's extra rockets. Recon is sprint. Assault is frags. Support gets extra explosives.

If that helps other people, great... but with specs, I make sure my kit is as strong/sensible as possible and the secondary benefit to the squad is just periphery.

by default i do ammo for assault, explosives for engineers, suppression for support and sprint for recon, but if i notice the specs being dupes, i'll change *if i remember* when i'm respawning. because sometimes... i'll remember when alive, but completely forget when i'm on the respawn screen.

Wait, what? I've noticed speed being faster and just as fast as if I've picked it up before. Sounds like it's time for me and Faceless to test this in a private server when my DSLAM issue is fixed in two weeks. :/

I think your issue is that the perk doesn't auto-give you a grenade/speed until after you spawn after someone spawns with that chosen perk. It's not a "stack" until they spawn with it on.

it's this.

Evolved1

Honestly, I base this on the very first spawn of the match (once the game is underway I'm too focused on trying to win to even think about this stuff). I never have an extra frag unless I'm assault. Never! I cannot recall a single time throwing two frags with any other class.

And I often play recon, but never change up my kit, so I'm the first to spawn into the game. I have squad sprint but I seem to always outrun my squad to the first objective.

So... eh... what's the point then?

TheSeks

Honestly, I base this on the very first spawn of the match (once the game is underway I'm too focused on trying to win to even think about this stuff). I never have an extra frag unless I'm assault. Never! I cannot recall a single time throwing two frags with any other class.

And I often play recon, but never change up my kit, so I'm the first to spawn into the game. I have squad sprint but I seem to always outrun my squad to the first objective.

So... eh... what's the point then?

Me and Faceless are going to have to test this in a private server then. Because I've had someone have squad sprint on and they spawn and I spawned after and I could swear I'm just as fast as with it on myself.

Evolved1

Me and Faceless are going to have to test this in a private server then. Because I've had someone have squad sprint on and they spawn and I spawned after and I could swear I'm just as fast as with it on myself.

I would defer to either of you on stuff like this... since I'm often wrong. But this is the impression I have in the few times I've thought about it.

I specifically remember a Tehran Highway match when the game first released... we spawned in and I was complaining to Ejas about it because I was slower than them, even though they had squad sprint -- I thought it would be cool to have more ammo as a recon, and just milk someone else's sprint... but I was lagging behind to the first flag. Next life I switched back to sprint, and it's been that way ever since. That was forever ago though. And since then, I don't pay much attention, honestly. But the squad stuff being useless is my impression.

Can you recall ever having a second frag? Even in long, hectic matches like Metro? I seriously cannot recall a single instance of me throwing two frags in one life with any class other than assault. Not without an ammo box.

TheSeks

I would defer to either of you on stuff like this... since I'm often wrong. But this is the impression I have in the few times I've thought about it.

I specifically remember a Tehran Highway match when the game first released... we spawned in and I was complaining to Ejas about it because I was slower than them, even though they had squad sprint -- (I thought it would be cool to have more ammo as a recon, and just milk someone else's sprint... but I was lagging behind to the first flag. Next life I switched back to sprint, and it's been that way ever since). That was forever ago though. And since then, I don't pay much attention, honestly. But the squad stuff being useless is my impression.

Can you recall ever having a second frag? Even in long, hectic matches like Metro? I seriously cannot recall a single instance of me throwing two frags in one life with any class other than assault. Not without an ammo box.

Yeah. I've had two frags if someone has it on. Only after I spawn with them having it on though.

I'll have to test it with someone to see how the "funkyness" works with the stacks but really having different perks on each other is a huge benefit. I can tell you that much.

Squad sprint and squad explosives are quite obvious.

Especially explosive, cause it's never there when I need my crucial 4th -6th C4.
("ah shucks, minar squarrrd mate aint got no squad-prossive")

OG Kush

Never had this "glitch" or w/e you'e talking about evolved. Squad perks have always worked for me, had extra ammo, greandes etc from other peoples perks.

Seks, if you want to test it, we can, but i'm 99% sure it works like you describe. you get whatever spec your squadmates have already selected and spawned with when you spawn. so if you spawn first, you only get your own spec until you die and respawn.

TheSeks

Seks, if you want to test it, we can, but i'm 99% sure it works like you describe. you get whatever spec your squadmates have already selected and spawned with when you spawn. so if you spawn first, you only get your own spec until you die and respawn.

If that's the case, that's really stupid as DICE advertises the advantages of the squad specs in the fucking loading menu. WTF DICE. :/ But yeah, when my connection is totally fixed we should check and see.

Evolved1

You guys are likely right... though I will say I never characterized it as a "glitch"... just a gameplay non-feature as far as I was concerned.

That said... it's now become apparent that gaf should start using the frag spec more... since I swear to god I've never noticed having an extra.

TheSeks is right. I've tried it out. That's why its best for the sqd sprint guy to spawn first so that everyone in the sqd can run fast. But the guy who spawns first is only gonna have the perk with which he spawned. The next time he spawns, he'll have all the perks. Hope that makes sense.

Having all the sqd perks makes a HUGE difference. Its worth the few seconds it takes to sort it out...

TheSeks

You guys are likely right... though I will say I never characterized it as a "glitch"... just a gameplay non-feature as far as I was concerned.

That said... it's now become apparent that gaf should start using the frag spec more... since I swear to god I've never noticed having an extra.

IMO, frag isn't too important.

I'd put it as (post patch)

Godly:
Suppression
Cover (or whatever the anti-supression one is)

High:
Sprint
Explosives

Middle:
Ammo
Cover (Depending on the situation and map)

Low:
Grenades

Shit:

Something if I'm forgetting it.

Evolved1

I'm willing to forgo my usually spec with the assault and support class... as neither really make much difference in my particular playstyle. The idea of suppression buff is pretty good.

But I cannot get rid of sprint will my MP7 recon. I just cannot do that.

And I have this compulsive feeling that I need my extra engineer rockets... though I rarely use all of them. Maybe Engineer would benefit from something else. Hmm. Haven't thought about this stuff in forever. My specs have been set in stone since launch lol.

Also... Seks... huge shoutout for reminding me to go back to AKS74u. That thing is death incarnate. For whatever reason I was kind of forcing myself to use other rifles with mediocre results, and the damn AK is just brutal for my purposes. Almost reminds me of the Thumper (9A-91) in BC2 if for no other reason than its effectiveness in all situations.

Evolved1

Man, now I want to change up my specs for the non-recon classes, but I don't know what to choose! haha

suppression seems like it'd be just insidious... with all the classes.

IMO, frag isn't too important.

I'd put it as (post patch)

Godly:
Suppression
Cover (or whatever the anti-supression one is)

High:
Sprint
Explosives

Middle:
Ammo
Cover (Depending on the situation and map)

Low:
Grenades

Shit:

Something if I'm forgetting it.

The only thing I would disagree with on this list is "Suppression". The default suppression effect is insanely high, the perk seems to be redundant. "Cover" is absolutely necessary now. I also prefer ammo over sprint, I hate having to worry about how much ammo I have left.

TheSeks

The only thing I would disagree with on this list is "Suppression". The default suppression effect is insanely high, the perk seems to be redundant. "Cover" is absolutely necessary now. I also prefer ammo over sprint, I hate having to worry about how much ammo I have left.

Suppression perk makes you reach the max insanely quicker than the default. The suppression buff just makes it even more hiliarious to abuse. Try it, you won't regret it.

Evolved said:
Also... Seks... huge shoutout for reminding me to go back to AKS74u. That thing is death incarnate. For whatever reason I was kind of forcing myself to use other rifles with mediocre results, and the damn AK is just brutal for my purposes. Almost reminds me of the Thumper (9A-91) in BC2 if for no other reason than its effectiveness in all situations.

Like I said in BC2: I love the Russian guns (with the only difference being the GOL Sniper Magnum for Recon). But the AN-94 in BF3 is really funky. There's times where I can be good with it but for the most part it's pretty crap in comparison to it's BC2 counter-part.

But I can't really stick with the guns as, like I said, I'm going through the "rounds" of unlocking all the shit on each gun for the purpose of faster ranking up but maybe I should give up on that fools errand since it's only 200 points per unlock and only 2000 per star and there's no "max limit" on the gun usage stars (outside of 100? I think?)...

TheSeks

1. Wtf is up with the Dart?

It's glitched. MASS is better right now. DART is nerfed with Heavy Barrel. If you're going DART with HB you're doin' it 'rong.

2. Why are the mounted AT launchers so useless?

They aren't. It's just situational and you have to get skill to get them down. But most people won't ever do that so uh... useless... I guess in a fashion... sure...

Evolved1

1. Wtf is up with the Dart?

2. Why are the mounted AT launchers so useless?

1) Glitched

2) They are powerful as shit if you make contact. Of course you first have to make some tea and a sandwich before they fire, and then get up and stretch a bit while they reload... lol

tn2007

Agreed completely!!! If you play with me I will 90% of the time equip COVR. Next will be explosion if no one has it equipped and we are on a vehicle heavy map. Ammo over sprint for sure unless I'm playing rush.

Evolved1

Guys... I'm freaking putrid with LMG's. What do I do!!!

I'm halfway decent with the MG36 but it doesn't have that many rounds, and I hear the extended mag is glitched?

OG Kush

I'm halfway decent with the MG36 but it doesn't have that many rounds, and I hear the extended mag is glitched?

The RPK. Its basically the AK with a bigger clip.
Also does MAV have same radius as tugs? If so then might as well use MAV over tugs every time.

TheSeks

Hip fire. M240B is hilarious.

meppi

What kind of a fucking retard do you have to be to take a tank at Noshahr Canals and drive back to your own helicopter spawn to blow it up over and over again just to fuck your team up?

johnyboyi, fuck you, you little cunt.

TheSeks

What attachments?

I'd have to check to be sure, but I don't have any attachments outside of extended mag and the bipod on any of the LMGs for me.

Put the laser on if you want a tighter hip-fire spread otherwise bipod it if not in a CQC area and spray the areas with it. Slap the suppression perk on, BTW.

BoatAck

Agreed completely!!! If you play with me I will 90% of the time equip COVR. Next will be explosion if no one has it equipped and we are on a vehicle heavy map. Ammo over sprint for sure unless I'm playing rush.

I like sprint over ammo. I usually die before I ever run out of ammo or, if I do, I just pick up a discarded kit or find a support. Using the AS Val today was the only time in recent memory that I ran out of ammo.

I usually roll with sprint as well, if I switch to a pistol or even something lighter like the defib, you can really fly. When I've timed it right, after we blow the 3rd set in Metro, I just run like the wind all the way to B and set it before they even knew what hit them…usually everyone is covering A or behind that stupid wall in the spawn that they don't catch me.

UFRA

I love this game and all, but sometimes I wanna punch DICE in the face for never solving the Frostbite Freeze™.

It gets old after a while, having to reboot my PS3 time and time again...

meppi

I love this game and all, but sometimes I wanna punch DICE in the face for never solving the Frostbite Freeze™.

It gets old after a while, having to reboot my PS3 time and time again...

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've yet to experience that on 360.
had it all the time on my PS3 as well. It sucked. Hard.

olimpia84

That BTH clan was simply pathetic. First we woop their asses in Seine Crossing, then they switch some players around for the next game and we end up with a crappy team but hold them off pretty well and then we get kicked! What a bunch of losers

rank stuff

Yeah but i'm basic level 33 or something and im usually at the top, i've been playing BF series for years, i just don't have time to grind to general-levels. Should not assume a skill level based on rank ;D It's a shame they took out the BF Veteran stat from the ingame scoreboard.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yeah but i'm basic level 33 or something and im usually at the top, i've been playing BF series for years, i just don't have time to grind to general-levels. Should not assume a skill level based on rank ;D It's a shame they took out the BF Veteran stat from the ingame scoreboard.

What about what I was talking about...

In BC1, IIRC. After you reached a certain rank is showed numbers instead of rank

Also wish they had those arrows (next to their score) in all BF games

Ocho

360 GAF & Friends were having a great time BF3ing with ochobit last night! we were so awesome!

Good games, indeed! Had a lot of fun. Great teamwork by our squads. Not a single map we lost.

If we keep this up, the ps3 crew will stop thinking they're the only ones playing the game.

Unfortunately I got disconnected on Wake Island and lost my awesome score. :(

Good games, indeed! Had a lot of fun. Great teamwork by our squads. Not a single map we lost.

If we keep this up, the ps3 crew will stop thinking they're the only ones playing the game.

They think we don't play the game because we don't post about it here. We have party chat to discuss about that instead. :p

But yeah, good games last night Ocho. Welcome to the GAF party!

That's like as asking the pc players to stop thinking they're the only ones with any form of respectable intelligence.

nah, the only thing that would make them believe is if 360 GAF posted more!

Top Bottom