• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What about what I was talking about...

In BC1, IIRC. After you reached a certain rank is showed numbers instead of rank

Also wish they had those arrows (next to their score) in all BF games

After hitting colonel/rank 25.

Arrows didn't mean shit other than "are you doing better/worse than you should be doing."

Arcteryx

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu another freeze on Oman...right after I got my longest headshot(1153m)

This game is dead to me.

edit: looks like it saved it to Battlelog somehow. THANK YOU JESUS

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
After hitting colonel/rank 25.

Arrows didn't mean shit other than "are you doing better/worse than you should be doing."

Still better than what we have now

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu another freeze on Oman...right after I got my longest headshot(1153m)

This game is dead to me.

knjD8.png

"You're welcome"

This game is dead to me.

people need to stop bringing religion into the battlefield thread :(

also, the stuff saves fine if you crash, it's only lost if the server crashes.

vixlar

This game is dead to me.

I remember in Bad Company 2 it recorded all your points and unlocks even if you didn't finish the game. I think there was some kind of waiting time... like 3 seconds. If you made 100 points and after three secods you didn't disconnect, those points went to your record. And all medals or ribbons were recorded too. You only lose the final ribbons: best player, best squad or winner of the round.

It seems is the same for BF3.

Ocho

So which are the best weapons (with attachments) in the game?

I've been unlocking engineer stuff and I've only liked one gun so far, the A-91. I've been hesitant of using attachments since I don't really know how much they affect my shooting and I can't change them unless I exit the match (or that's what I've gathered).

Also: what's the best rocket launcher?

Rebel Leader

So which are the best weapons (with attachments) in the game?

I've been unlocking engineer stuff and I've only liked one gun so far, the A-91. I've been hesitant of using attachments since I don't really know how much they affect my shooting and I can't change them unless I exit the match (or that's what I've gathered).

Also: what's the best rocket launcher?

You can change your weapon & attachments by not exiting the game....

EDIT:

Just before you spawn press the square button (if on ps3) andyou will be able to customize kits and vehicles

----

I use the M4A1 with Reflex [RDS], Forgrip, and tactical light

----

Best launcher? That depends on the situation

Ocho

Just before you spawn press the square button (if on ps3) andyou will be able to customize kits and vehicles

Good to know. I must have missed that. Now I'll be able to test stuff, I suppose. Why use tactical light, btw? I love guys who have tactical light, easy to kill. That and laser.

Good to know. I must have missed that. Now I'll be able to test stuff, I suppose. Why use tactical light, btw? I love guys who have tactical light, easy to kill. That and laser.

Why use tactical light?
1)To annoy people
2)To annoy people with INRV scopes.
3)To use in the few insignificant situation where it's dark (a.k.a. hey here i am.)
4)To annoy a useless sniper. <-most useful.

Given the right situation (long corridors + good visibility), laser is quite useful if you have it on a high accuracy gun. Instead of scoping, you can just use the laser point and hipfire on people.

It's not all that useful for run and gunners.

Why use tactical light?
1)To annoy people
3)To use in the few insignificant situation where it's dark (a.k.a. hey here i am.)

Given the right situation (long corridors + good visibility), laser is quite useful if you have it on a high accuracy gun. Instead of scoping, you can just use the laser point and hipfire on people.

wait... what!?

recon + sprint + laser + PDW's = hipfire beast mode

Please, help.

My account has been deactivated for some reason (PS3).

My battlelog account shows my rank and my veteran status on BF3 and all other BF games, yet it keeps asking I purchase a new Online Pass. It's been like this for some time now, and I was told to wait it out because EA was having problems with their server. So far I haven't been able to find people with the same problem online.

Rebel Leader

Why use tactical light?
1)To annoy people

5) Has the power of a thousand suns (works in daylight =3)

TheSeks

Please, help.

My account has been deactivated for some reason (PS3).

My battlelog account shows my rank and my veteran status on BF3 and all other BF games, yet it keeps asking I purchase a new Online Pass. It's been like this for some time now, and I was told to wait it out because EA was having problems with their server. So far I haven't been able to find people with the same problem online.

You need to bitch at EA.

Faceless: I dunno. Running and gunning with it isn't too practical. It makes the cross-hair smaller for more accuracy yeah, but seems it spreads the "spread"/accuracy of hip-firing when on the move.

At least that has been my experience with it.

5) Has the power of a thousand suns (works in daylight =3)

6) Has Fortune's magnetic field of the Patroits design. Seriously. Aim at the person, they turn the flashlight on and suddenly all my shots are missing even if they don't move. WTF.

Admin abuse has been unbearable these past two days. You start doing well and get kicked shortly after...such BS

i was playing with a friend and some of his friends earlier... it's metro... server rules say not to spawn camp... we have all of the bases... some of the people are at charlie... we're at bravo... the admin kicks like 4 people on the team and admin kills the rest of us... wtf!?!?

so i'm thinking maybe he was just making space for friends... nope, nobody joins and instead people on both sides start quitting..

Fracas

#fuckonami
Admin abuse has been unbearable these past two days. You start doing well and get kicked shortly after...such BS

Yep, so stupid. I've been trying out the aggressive recon approach, been using the m98b with iron sights. I'm doing decent, not crazy well, but I'll easily get kicked out of 2 or 3 games a night.

JJD

This game is just crazy.

A few months ago I had TV problems and had to send my set to get repairs. So I started playing on an old Panasonic plasma TV, 720P native. The controller lag was nowhere to be found on my old TV, everything was smooth as BC2 I even made some posts here recommending people to try the game on 720P native TVs.

This was before the patch.

Now, my TV has stopped working again (don't buy Samsung folks...) and I had to play on the old Panasonic set once more, I was even looking forward to it, since it had been a great experience earlier, but this time after the patch the lag on this specific set is worse than I have ever experienced!

I just don't understand how shit like this is possible...I had to crank the sensivity all the way up to get it playable, anti aliasing turned off.

Overdoziz

Banned
This game is just crazy.

A few months ago I had TV problems and had to send my set to get repairs. So I started playing on an old Panasonic plasma TV, 720P native. The controller lag was nowhere to be found on my old TV, everything was smooth as BC2 I even made some posts here recommending people to try the game on 720P native TVs.

Now, my TV has stopped working again (don't buy Samsung folks...) and I had to play on the old Panasonic set once more, I was even looking forward to it, since it had been a great experience earlier, but this time after the patch the lag on this specific set is worse than I have ever experienced!

I just don't understand how shit like this is possible...I had to crank the sensivity all the way up to get it playable, anti aliasing turned off.
Who cares? DICE has more important things to fix!

Rebel Leader

This game is just crazy.

I have no trouble with samsung, Hell Our 50" DLP lasted longer then anyone expected.

You had to crank sensitivity up on a ... Panny plasma? Wow.

I have noticed barely any lagg on my 32" samsung LCD tv... I actually had to lower the sensitivity on it

Some useful information was just posted up on the battlefield blog about post patch weapon balance.
1. Where did you start before working for DICE?
(Asked by @minikanelive)
Alan answers: “I was actually quite lucky to enter the industry directly working for DICE on Battlefield 2142. Of course, I didn’t just start cold turkey, I’d previously been a member of the Battlefield 1942 modding community where I developed tools, levels, and mods. Some of my work was featured in mods like Eve of Destruction, Desert Combat, and Point of Existence. Scholastically my background is a Computer Science degree from a university in the US where I grew up. While the CS degree wasn’t a real influence on me getting the job, I do find that understanding the concepts of coding is a definitive edge when working as a game designer.”

2. SKS bullet drop is very pronounced. Bug or intended? It ruins my immersion whenever i see it.
(Asked by @shimme01)
Alan answers: “The SKS has a relatively low velocity round when compared to other DMR and Sniper weapons. Over the same distances the SKS round will drop further and lose more energy since it’s a smaller caliber round. The SKS is range limited, though it makes up for this by being mobile, fast firing, and deadly in mid-range. For longer range engagements I would step up to something like the M39 EMR or the QBU-88 sniper from Back to Karkand.”

3. In comparison to the P90, the MP7 is a bit outclassed. Maybe consider reducing the MP7&#8242;s first shot recoil and increasing the P90&#8242;s?
(Asked by @kryptikspaniard)
Alan answers: “The MP7 has a lower overall muzzle climb, a faster reload (especially from empty), and a higher rate of fire than the P90. Finally, the MP7 is rather easily obtained via COOP play, while the P90 comes later on at Rank40. Obviously they’re both similar weapons, and I feel the subtle differences between the two weapons makes it an interesting choice for players. Some players clearly prefer the P90, others prefer the MP7.“

4. Do scopes have an effect on vertical recoil? Didn’t know if the weight of the scope factored in? It’s not in the descriptions.
(Asked by @friedpixels)
Alan answers: “Another great question. Scopes only change two variables: how much zoom they provide and how fast the weapon aims down the sights. A high zoom scope, like a 6x rifle scope, will be slow, and a low zoom sight, like a red dot sight, will be fast. There are no additionally effects on the weapons’ handling, no changes to recoil or accuracy.”

5. So a gun that has just a suppressor and a sight has better aimed accuracy than one with a foregrip & suppressor?
(Asked by @KILLAnthonyMan)
Alan answers: “The short answer is Yes. The long answer is Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss. The explanation though, is more interesting. A foregrip carries a small aimed accuracy penalty, if you’re trying to get the best absolute accuracy you can with the weapon, a suppressor will give you better aimed accuracy. However, combining the Suppressor and the Foregrip will give the weapon the same accuracy as if you had no accessories, while also reducing recoil. It’s my recommendation that you only forgo a foregrip (see what I did there?) if you demand the absolute best accuracy you can obtain. Generally, inside 100m a weapon with a foregrip is still plenty accurate to hit consistently on target, and it will be easier to control.”
Figured it would answer some lingering questions anybody had out there. I was a little iffy on the foregrip thing myself.

TheSeks

Foregrip got nerfed so hard no one uses it. "It's good for close encounters" sure but why use it when you can slap another thing on for that purpose?

meppi

I have noticed barely any lagg on my 32" samsung LCD tv... I actually had to lower the sensitivity on it
That's because input lag has nothing to do with sensitivity settings of the game.
Sure, you can try to correct it that way to make the controls faster or slower, but the lack of response remains the same either way. Only the movement speed itself once it gets going is affected.

TheSeks

BF3 threads over on gaming is a carnival of stupid. I swear.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok about to jump online lets goooo videoooogameees!

EDIT: Friggin' choppers and friggin' useless Anti Air Rockets.

olimpia84

Finally...
ss100.png

Those were fun matches today...super competitive full of clans and colonels. Too bad most people quit after that Op. Firestorm game. After that it was pretty much just th, vasilik and me with a bunch of randoms and we got squashed on Canals =/

tn2007

Finally...
ss100.png

Those were fun matches today...super competitive full of clans and colonels. Too bad most people quit after that Op. Firestorm game. After that it was pretty much just th, vasilik and me with a bunch of randoms and we got squashed on Canals =/

Congratulations to Olimpia for being the first to level 100 colonel on PS3 Gaf.

Yeah they ran through us. I need to get better in the chopper. After those games I went to a public server and took my aggression out on some randoms. I came into the game 15 mins in, but I wonder what would of happen if I was in it for the whole round.

YOUR NEW TANK KING

Overdoziz

Banned
I hate playing in matches with guys like this (I'm sure that's PC, and I'm on 360, but still). Every so often there's guys doing their own little thing. Rent your own private server if you want to be dickheads.
I love doing random shit like that. C4 is probably the most enjoyable part of the game.

TheSeks

MP7 is godly. But solely outclased by the P90. I don't care what Kertz says, P90 is more mobile and thus better.

TheSeks

What else would you use in that slot? It's either foregrip, bipod or nothing...

Extended Mag/Bipod on LMG. Straight Pull Bolt on Bolt-Action Rifles. Underslug Rail for Assault Rifles and going M26/M230 or in general. Nothing on Engineer.

Foregrip nerf gave it too much spread to where using it in anything mid/long-range is going to fuck with you. Why they gave it a big cone when it's supposed to help with accuracy/ease-of-use I'll never know. It was being used for those reasons and the only way to get people to stop using it was to pretty much make it work against you for 99.9% of encounters.

VA said:
I tried out the P90 earlier today and just wasn't feeling it. Felt naked. Went back to my extended mag. w/ tactical light MP7 :D

P90 is faster with sprint, IIRC. Faster ADS as well, I think. MP7 without the extended mag isn't too good. It does decent damage but can't do the multiple enemies encounters that you're probably going to run into frequently without the extended mag. Whereas the P90 can.

P90 feels "better" to use for flanking purposes and thus edges out the MP7 just slightly but the MP7 is godly.

TheSeks

PP19:
9a92x0rtu7w.gif

PP19 is all kinds of straight-up trash. I've tried everything to like that gun but I just... I can't. I just can't. Too small a clip, too little damage (maybe it's lag, but it seems that way to me). The iron-sights are too small. It's just ugh.

JJD

Seks please tell me Persona 2 is better than 1, because I'm close to finishing 1 and I'm not really felling it... :-(

TCRS

Banned
What's the highest kill/death ratio you guys have ever achieved?

Mine is 27.5, but until the last minute it looked like it was going to be 55. I had 55/1 on Seine Crossing but then someone managed to kill me during the last couple of seconds... :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
MP7 is godly. But solely outclased by the P90. I don't care what Kertz says, P90 is more mobile and thus better.

The main advantage the P90 has over the MP7 (my favorite weapon in BF3) is that it can be spec'd with a suppressor without a dramatic loss in rounds. MP7, you have to choose between stealth on the minimap or extended mag.

Pisses me off.

That's the only reason I roll P90 lately, because I'm tired of lighting myself up on the minimap for scrubs to get their easy camper kills around objectives.

Rebel Leader

in the 'EA DICE withdrew nearly every official server from BF3 (PS360)' thread

This guy:
I understand, but it took me 5 minutes to learn the run around required.
I just add the good "Official" Servers that are always populated as "Favorites"... NO MORE CHAOS... Crazy Notion I know, if you don't use it whose fault is that

I said:
Guess what?

IT'S FUCKING EMPTY

So, Who is at fault now?

--
If you want to play on a DICE/EA Like server on PS3, I set up an all Rush, all maps, 2 rounds per map (with default settings) server.

Server Name: P8675309 EA/DICE Server *Unofficial"
Praise gafer T_T

Top Bottom