• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hey... done with classes for the semester!

Apologies for any bitchiness while in games over the last couple weeks (especially the last few days) I have been just incredibly stressed out with university shit.

But now I'm free of it! (for a month until I go back)

Can't wait for some good BF games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
in the 'EA DICE withdrew nearly every official server from BF3 (PS360)' thread

This guy:

I said:
Guess what?

IT'S FUCKING EMPTY

So, Who is at fault now?

The community for being lazy. The servers are there, but they're empty so no one will play on them. If people put those servers on their favorites (or DICE made it easier to find them, really the main issue) people would most likely play on them. I can't say for sure since there is no good option to find them but DICE hasn't "withdrawn" them like the thread title sensationally states. Just made it extremely hard to find them.

Seks please tell me Persona 2 is better than 1, because I'm close to finishing 1 and I'm not really felling it... :-(

Wayyyyyy better. It removes the grid combat system and removed fusions but you have to grind for cards in the conversation system still. Characters are a lot better and it has an actual story instead of "do nothing, dungeon crawl for hours" aspect of P1.

If you're going in expecting P3-4 you're going to be disappointed but P2:IS/EP are the best Persona games out there IMO.

Which do you prefer? 1 round or 2 round map rotations.

Rush, depends on the map settings. Two rounds gives both sides a chance to attack/defend but if it's shit like Metro I'd rather have one round to just get through to the next (read: better) map.

If I was doing a Rush server it'd be:

100% tickets. Health fucked around with randomly when I'm feeling like it (75%/100%/150 [BC1 mode]), health regen on(normal)/off (hardcore mode) 3D spotting still enabled.

Maps:

Oman
Sharqi
Karkand
Caspian Border
Operation Firestorm

maybe Kharg. Maybe.

But you're not talking Pro mode, are you? :(

TheSeks

based Mobile AA

Hah, I've done higher with the Cheesemobile. Try 50-0.

Until they nerfed based Cheesemobile. :(

I remember that Apache Stealing Atacama Rush defense round you did and we basically murdered the other team once they took first set. I really wish most chopper pilots would give me the ability to fire like that again. :( Even BC1 pilots herk and jerk to where it throws my camera sideways and sort-of makes me seasick. :/

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have added all 13 maps. When a lesser liked map comes on, some people bounce out and opens the doors for others. The bad maps have a culling effect on the least tolerant.

I like the idea of having 1 round on certain maps. I will tweak that later.

I am using the defaults. No tweaking at all. Normal mode (not hardcore)

in the 'EA DICE withdrew nearly every official server from BF3 (PS360)' thread

it's NeoGAF

where people who don't play a game comment on the game based on some youtube video they saw... or something...

I have added all 13 maps. When a lesser liked map comes on, some people bounce out and opens the doors for others. The bad maps have a culling effect on the least tolerant.

Rush should always be 2 rounds!

Hah, I've done higher with the Cheesemobile. Try 50-0.

Until they nerfed based Cheesemobile. :(

I remember that Apache Stealing Atacama Rush defense round you did and we basically murdered the other team once they took first set. I really wish most chopper pilots would give me the ability to fire like that again. :( Even BC1 pilots herk and jerk to where it throws my camera sideways and sort-of makes me seasick. :/

whenever i'm doing well, my team wins fast :(

TheSeks

Eh, I'd only tweak to "BC1 mode" settings on unranked servers just to dick about/for fun. But most people won't join unranked for those fun things so we get shit like 500% Metro Rush 24/7 because that's what people want instead of putting those on unranked and just dicking about. It's stupid.

Ocho

It's been 1 week of Xbox BF3.

I've got to admit party chat on the xbox greatly enhances the experience. Having two full squads communicating either objectives or funny remarks guaranties a better play time. I'll try to talk a little more and maybe improve my spoken english for further domination. If only we had this when I played in PS3 BFBC2..

I had a dream of getting a 2.0+ K/D ratio. That dream is long dead. When playing with randoms, it appears I'm the only one willing to defend a site. There's two tanks and a chopper? No problem, I'll spawn on the site as long as it lets me.

I also find myself capping a flag alone most of the time.

Fyi fellow squad mates, I'll usually be the guy staying behind defending unprotected sites for that eventual sneaky flank. Or the one prone at B waiting patiently for someone to come. I'm more of a defender, I guess.

The community for being lazy. The servers are there, but they're empty so no one will play on them. If people put those servers on their favorites (or DICE made it easier to find them, really the main issue) people would most likely play on them. I can't say for sure since there is no good option to find them but DICE hasn't "withdrawn" them like the thread title sensationally states. Just made it extremely hard to find them.

i checked on 360, no DICE servers.

didn't check for the other P# etc because they don't have a queue so i never use them...

I've got to admit party chat on the xbox greatly enhances the experience. Having two full squads communicating either objectives or funny remarks guaranties a better play time. I'll try to talk a little more and maybe improve my spoken english for further domination. If only we had this when I played in PS3 BFBC2..

I had a dream of getting a 2.0+ K/D ratio. That dream is long dead. When playing with randoms, it appears I'm the only one willing to defend a site. There's two tanks and a chopper? No problem, I'll spawn on the site as long as it lets me.

Fyi fellow squad mates, I'll usually be the guy staying behind defending unprotected sites for that eventual sneaky flank. Or the one prone at B waiting patiently for someone to come. I'm more of a defender, I guess.

don't go saying that, you'll make the PS3 players jelly! or maybe someone will revive group text chat, hahaha...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The only thing I ask of uber teams is to occasionally split up. I think people get put off when they are stuck in a server where one side is so dominant it just hurts to play. A squad of 4 is one thing. A team of 12 that is just slaying can be a deterrent to other players.

TheSeks

you want me to make a video of myself going thru 11 pages of servers that match -[DICE]- and going into them showing you that 0 of them are actual DICE servers?

Gendo.jpg

Yes. I refuse to believe all the DICE official servers are just up and gone. They're still there just hard to find. I will say I think they're making less of them to make room for the rent-a-servers but they're still there.

I've got to admit party chat on the xbox greatly enhances the experience. Having two full squads communicating either objectives or funny remarks guaranties a better play time.
You do know that on PS3 if you go into the squad menu you have the option of choosing between TEAM or SQUAD chat, right? Squad chat means only your squadmates can hear you, Team means everyone on your team can hear you. My clan always uses Team chat and although it can get very hectic and confusing with 12 guys on the mic, it's also pretty funny and even useful occasionally :)

I can understand your english just fine. I have also noticed you tend to defend more than attack. I am always on the move going to wherever the enemy is at. Defense is important, I just can't get myself to stay still for more than 10 seconds :p. I still have a dream of getting a 2.0+ k/d, it might get there one day, maybe. Playing with randoms will sure drag that down though, no doubt about that.

You do know that on PS3 if you go into the squad menu you have the option of choosing between TEAM or SQUAD chat, right? Squad chat means only your squadmates can hear you, Team means everyone on your team can hear you. My clan always uses Team chat and although it can get very hectic and confusing with 12 guys on the mic, it's also pretty funny and even useful occasionally :)

the problem is getting everyone to do that all the time... party chat just works.

OG Kush

Party chat kinda ruined XBL though, very few people talk in the actual game anymore, they're just in private chats with their friends.

JJD

Wayyyyyy better. It removes the grid combat system and removed fusions but you have to grind for cards in the conversation system still. Characters are a lot better and it has an actual story instead of "do nothing, dungeon crawl for hours" aspect of P1.

If you're going in expecting P3-4 you're going to be disappointed but P2:IS/EP are the best Persona games out there IMO.

My main issue is with the story, I mean with the lack of one. I can deal with old gameplay mechanics if the story is there so hopefully I'll enjoy 2.

I never played Persona 3 or 4, do you like then?

I just bought a Vita and I really didn't enjoy Uncharted so I bought all the PSP versions of Persona to try out.

Ocho

the problem is getting everyone to do that all the time... party chat just works.

This. We can move to a new server without losing communication. Or when the squads are split due to team balance, we can plan accordingly for the eventual change of teams.

OG Rush said:
Party chat kinda ruined XBL though, very few people talk in the actual game anymore, they're just in private chats with their friends.

I guess this also can be true.

JJD

I'm sure party chat is great, but I don't really miss it. A long time ago when I used to play on the 360 and was gold most people were chatting with their friends instead of the guys actually playing with then.

I would love to have party chat though when a shitty adm. changes me in their team.

"Hey guys, here's the tank/apache I stole!!!"

TheSeks

OH MY GOD. My ISP won't fix my connection until 6/30 at the LATEST. WHAT THE FUCK. That's a month and a half of downtime. That's unacceptable. And if they're charging us for this month they can blow me.

Party chat is one of the greatest features of XBL, certainly didn't ruin anything at all. Don't forget the cesspool that live used to be before party chat, racist 12 year olds everywhere. Now I can play and chat with my friends and that is it, just how I always wanted it to be. Now we just need a higher limit than the current 8 player max, 16 player party chat please.

This whole custom server thing rubs me the wrong way. Its just way to big of an issue to be brushed under the rug IMO..

That said, I do enjoy this game a lot.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Party chat is one of the greatest features of XBL, certainly didn't ruin anything at all. Don't forget the cesspool that live used to be before party chat, racist 12 year olds everywhere. Now I can play and chat with my friends and that is it, just how I always wanted it to be. Now we just need a higher limit than the current 8 player max, 16 player party chat please.

On 360: Yes

Wishes XBL would go back to when it was on the original Xbox.
The way people spoke back when it first launched...
Good times

Good times

The way people spoke back when it first launched... Good times

Good times

"hello? IS THIS THING ON? AM I TOO LOUD? WOAHHHHHH DID YOU JUST KILL ME?"

edit: I do miss 12 year olds playing COD domination.
"NO NO NO DON'T DISARM THE BOMB!! LET THEM HAVE IT SO WE CAN SET THEM UP THE OWNAGE"

I'm sure the same conversation is going on somewhere somehow in bf3.

U2NUMB

Well for me .. someone who only plays online with a core group of 7 or so friends.. I love party chat and have NO desire to hear randoms in games. So I guess I am part of the problem but party chat saved online gaming for me.

TheSeks

Faceless got your PM. It's loading slowly (obviously since my DSL is broke) but so far I'm seeing people 1) copying DICE's name but changing it (so obviously not official) and 2) one person so far that copied the exact wording and scheme of the official servers. Fuck those dicks.

Letting it load before I say "OMG DICE SERVERS ARE DEAD WOE" yet.

Well for me .. someone who only plays online with a core group of 7 or so friends.. I love party chat and have NO desire to hear randoms in games. So I guess I am part of the problem but party chat saved online gaming for me.

Party chat killed TF2 360 (yes, some of us played that. It was my go-to multiplayer until my 360 died and then I jumped on 1943 and then BC1 and Faceless told me to stick with it when I got hazed and here we are) and unique functions of it like Halo 2's proximity chat (in Halo 3 and I think Reach but no one currs) and Chrome Hound's radar voice functionality.

For all it's pros, it's got many cons.

Faceless got your PM. It's loading slowly (obviously since my DSL is broke) but so far I'm seeing people 1) copying DICE's name but changing it (so obviously not official) and 2) one person so far that copied the exact wording and scheme of the official servers. Fuck those dicks.

Letting it load before I say "OMG DICE SERVERS ARE DEAD WOE" yet.

The only official servers I'm finding are those named P#######. Even those are starting to get copied.

I asked zh1nt0 and crash7800 if they were planning on restricting people from naming their servers "DICE" and zh1nt0 replied " Nope but we should!". I highly doubt it would happen even though they have word filters in both the server description and message.

MrBig

Been playing almost exclusively in the 360 Rambo server. Good rotation at dice settings, and has better players than the usual crowd, and is almost always populated.

TheSeks

Okay, weirdly in that video I haven't seen any DICE servers which is bizarre. The one thing I noticed is people copying the description and title to get free players in. Which is fucking dick moves.

Okay, weirdly in that video I haven't seen any DICE servers which is bizarre. The one thing I noticed is people copying the description and title to get free players in. Which is fucking dick moves.

what's weird about it? i said there were none. i dunno why you didn't believe me when i said i checked them all. YOU MADE ME DO IT A SECOND TIME!!! though i admit, the second time it took about half the time...

The only official servers I'm finding are those named P#######. Even those are starting to get copied.

I asked zh1nt0 and crash7800 if they were planning on restricting people from naming their servers "DICE" and zh1nt0 replied " Nope but we should!". I highly doubt it would happen even though they have word filters in both the server description and message.
:lol

TheSeks

what's weird about it? i said there were none. i dunno why you didn't believe me when i said i checked them all. YOU MADE ME DO IT A SECOND TIME!!! though i admit, the second time it took about half the time...

:lol

Not that I didn't believe you, just wanted to make sure because I can't check myself and the last time I played (earlier this month) there was many of them. Just no one playing on them.

:lol DAO-12 with Frag Rounds in this World is Not Enough Opening Sequence boat chase.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
"hello? IS THIS THING ON? AM I TOO LOUD? WOAHHHHHH DID YOU JUST KILL ME?"

edit: I do miss 12 year olds playing COD domination.
"NO NO NO DON'T DISARM THE BOMB!! LET THEM HAVE IT SO WE CAN SET THEM UP THE OWNAGE"

I'm sure the same conversation is going on somewhere somehow in bf3.

"Yes, Speak more softly"

"*wisper*Okay"

Atleast people were having decent conversations and didn't mind when they got killed

Old XBL forever
-----

Javilins everwhere

Fracas

#fuckonami
Random question: what's your absolute favorite loadout?

Mine would probably be something like:

[Engineer]
G36C w ACOG, Flash Suppressor, Foregrip
93R
SMAW/RPG
AT Mine
Sqd Explosives

The way people spoke back when it first launched...
Good times

Good times

Eh OG xbox games like Rainbow Six 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Star Wars Battlefront, Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship 1 & 2 and Splinter Cell had pretty decent communities. Halo 2 on the other hand.....racist 12 year olds everywhere.

Random question: what's your absolute favorite loadout?

Mine would probably be something like:

[Engineer]
G36C w ACOG, Flash Suppressor, Foregrip
93R
SMAW/RPG
AT Mine
Sqd Explosives

[Assault]
M16A3, Holo sight, flash suppressor and bi-pod
the pistol I am feeling like at the time
medic kit
revive paddles
squad ammo

I love me some medic and M16A3 is always trusty and reliable.

TheSeks

Speaking of the OG X-box, I want to hunt down a copy of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and it's expansions. I don't think there's a PC version that is similar to the X-box version in that it's first person and a bit arcadey and milsim at the same time.

JJD

Don't know if it's been posted before but we're getting a double XP weekend tomorrow!

Unfortunately I'll not be able to play much...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Don't know if it's been posted before but we're getting a double XP weekend tomorrow!

Unfortunately I'll not be able to play much...

Ugh, same here

I'm assuming this runs through Sunday, right? Kind of weird they didn't start today.

UFRA

The funny thing is seeing people completely fail at copying the DICE server names.

People use parentheses and other characters instead of the brackets, or they don't capitalize the letters properly.

Horrible examples I've seen:

(DICE) server
{DICE} - normal 12345
[Dice] - Normal 12345

I get a nice chuckle out of seeing those.

Top Bottom