• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Got the game a few days ago. LOVING IT. I applied to the GAF platoon so you'll be seeing more of me around those parts!

You weren't doing too bad in the helicopter. You just gotta get more comfortable with it. And I gotta readjust to fighting inertia to give the gunner a good attack ability in that co-op mission. But you saw how close to the ground I was? Once you adjust and get comfortable you can start doing that pretty easy. Stay in first person would be my recommendation.

If you can't stay near f-ing m-com to defend it,
THEN GTFO OF MY RUSH GAME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously. I am sick of being the lone defender almost every other f-ing rush game I'm in.

You don't like to suicide your SPM for the objective? Then don't fucking whine about it when you lose.

Atruvius

Got MP7 yesterday and that thing is a BEAST! My survivality went up like 500% and I'm even better at blowing up tanks. A magic weapon right there.

On PS3 Manic Marines server is really good. Not much lag, a great set of maps (CQ), always full of people and zero spawn camping.

Got MP7 yesterday and that thing is a BEAST! My survivality went up like 500% and I'm even better at blowing up tanks. A magic weapon right there.

On PS3 Manic Marines server is really good. Not much lag, a great set of maps (CQ), always full of people and zero spawn camping.

The MP7 is a great gun but it has the most shallow clip and if you get into a multiple enemy encounter, you are screwed. I am the person who runs silenced everything so I just can't use it.

Atruvius

The MP7 is a great gun but it has the most shallow clip and if you get into a multiple enemy encounter, you are screwed. I am the person who runs silenced everything so I just can't use it.

Ah, but that's when I switch to my trusty MP443. Many a battle I have won by switching to pistol when a second enemy pops up. Third's the death of me unless I flee and quickly.

GenericUser

whats the best infantry weapon to take out helicopters and jets? It seems like there is nothing i can do against them, since they always use flares and escape. That is .... strange.

burnfout

So am I the only one who loves the game more after the ' rent a server ' update?

I've been playing on 2-3 servers everyday, and I like seeing the same people there everyday, starts to feel like a community of strangers. I like the ' Forgotten Souls' server on 360.

Also I played a 750 ticket conquest Karg Island game yesterday for 2 hours. The first 90 minutes were very friendly doing funny stuff, I loved it!

OG Kush

So am I the only one who loves the game more after the ' rent a server ' update?

I've been playing on 2-3 servers everyday, and I like seeing the same people there everyday, starts to feel like a community of strangers. I like the ' Forgotten Souls' server on 360.

Also I played a 750 ticket conquest Karg Island game yesterday for 2 hours. The first 90 minutes were very friendly doing funny stuff, I loved it!

Yeah the rent a server update actually increased my enjoyment of the game tenfold. No short 10 min conquest games (20 mins is perfect for me) and servers with ym fav map rotations.

Ocho

I never played the game before the update but I feel what you're talking about. I've always preferred the option of the servers being owned by players.. you just need to find the right one, which can take time, but it's worth it.

TheSeks

I thought you could silence the MP7 along with extended mag. I swear I did it before the patch...

mandiller said:
The MP7 with the Extended Clip is awesome for close range combat though.

Yes. Yes, it is. But why use it when the P90 outclasses it in multiple enemy combat and agility?

I love the MP7, again, but it's outclassed by the P90 in nearly every way. I can do work with both and I love both but if push came to shove and one had to be picked over another the P90 would be it.

burnfout said:

Yes, you are. 500% ticket Rush is fucking moronic and I'm sick of it.

>implying you can get into full servers the next day

Tee-hee. I've got 4-5 servers I enjoyed playing on. I haven't played them in over two months. Why? Because they're always full! (And I've dropped ones that changed to Conquest or Squad Rush and haven't changed back to Rush in a week because why the fuck would I want to play on a Conquest or Squad Rush server? I Favorited you for Rush 24/7)

Also EA/DICE servers never had me kicked for using the shotgun and not being in owning mode with it. XxXXxXxX420XxXXXXxX Snipa Elite Servers kicked me before for being butthurt I using a shotgun and completely failing at it (due to lag before I knew my connection was broke) before. Why should I deal with that when I can just join DICE BACK 2 KARKAND RUSH and use whatever the fuck I want when I want?

Then don't fucking whine about it when you lose.

B-B-B-BUT RUSH TOTALLY SUCKS BRO, DON'T YOU KNOW? *goes to Conquest and gets face rolled still*
;) ;) *nudge nudge*

Dreaver

What is this shit? I couldn't find any games ('connection error') so I resetted my router, I got into one laggy game (only 1 bar connection) and got kicked after a few minutes, it said my connection failed. I can see the server browser (all servers have 1 bar) but I can't join any game. My connection is fine (13.20 Mbps / 28 ms) and I only have these problems with Battlefield. Are more people having this?

X360 btw.

meppi

Lol. Nothing like being kicked by a retard admin on a crappy metro conquest round because he kept stacking his team with high level players all abusing shotguns, while I'm only a low level 42 who just unlocked his SKS and killed him a bit too many times for his liking.

No one appreciates a assault recon I guess.

Also it seems like this double XP BS is really bringing worst people back into the game. Great idea DICE! :-/

Ocho

How can I be sure the high res package is installed? Today I got an error message stating my save file was corrupt or some such and had to reconfigure brightness, etc. Also, I'm noticing pop in textures (that would be the first time I do)

Edit: it appears I shut off my Xbox while the game was saving. Deleting profile data should fix this and hd textures are still around.

tn2007

1362765_o.gif

500%= No count

AND STILL TANK KING OF THE WORLD

TOP TANKER ON GAF

BTW Codmaul you can't be tank king until your kicked out of a game on a daily basis.

DICE bringing back official servers

I thought you could silence the MP7 along with extended mag. I swear I did it before the patch...
You can but I also need a gun that can handle multiple enemy encounters. You can't have the silencer and the extended mag on at the same time. That's why I cant use it.

tn2007

Has anyone here used the an-94? I have been using it for almost a week now and it's pretty awesome. It's great for mid to long range engagements, but weak in close range. I used it with heavy barrel for awhile, but now I perfer it with foregrip and heavy barrel. Everyone should try this setup out.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Ok. I just really need to know the answer to this.

Has anyone here on PS3 ever experienced this bug where the game freezes at the initial loading screen just after the Trophy sync?

It seems it's been happening to me a lot -- to the point that I can't even load the game anymore, let alone play it.

Anyone know of a fix? If not, would me buying it on PSN digitally solve this? Shit! The only MP FPS game I like/play and now it won't even let me play! UGH!

tn2007

Ok. I just really need to know the answer to this.

Has anyone here on PS3 ever experienced this bug where the game freezes at the initial loading screen just after the Trophy sync?

It seems it's been happening to me a lot -- to the point that I can't even load the game anymore, let alone play it.

Anyone know of a fix? If not, would me buying it on PSN digitally solve this? Shit! The only MP FPS game I like/play and now it won't even let me play! UGH!

Happens to me once in a while. There is no fix as far as I know.

TheSeks

I'll play with you Seks, because I finally don't mind playing rush, and I absolutely hate 200%+ tickets on rush.

Anything above 150% tickets in rush is moronic. 200% is borderline tolerable but it breaks the mode for either side. Anything higher is insane.

crazy fun defense match that wake one :D and fina-fucking-lly got my last ribbon, the defend m-com one and trophy popped. when did they lower it to 2 m-coms instead of four?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Sees gafers playing in a server
Goes to server info...and sees it's owned by EA

But I can't add it to favorites

Note: can't add ANY servers owned by EA p# servers

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's weird bouncing between this and BC2.

The analog controls in BC2 are just so perfect... but I prefer most of the stuff in BF3 to BC2 now. Especially being able to move laterally while sprinting. And I think BC2 would have been a better game with prone. I'm glad we have that in BF3.

As far as maps BC1 > BC2 > BF3.

But BC2 doesn't have the annoying goddamn jets, and the action on the ground is better for it. DICE really needs to let us filter out the jets on our servers that we are playing for. Because I think with all the lock-on bullshit from BF3, helicopters wouldn't be as dangerous and dominant as they were in BC2.

TheSeks

I would KILL for an Infantry and Ground Vehicle only mode. KILL.

olimpia84

crazy fun defense match that wake one :D and fina-fucking-lly got my last ribbon, the defend m-com one and trophy popped. when did they lower it to 2 m-coms instead of four?

With the last patch. I'm glad they did it, I was able to collect around 7 or 8 of them ribbons today...only 25 more to go for the medal xD

olimpia84

But BC2 doesn't have the annoying goddamn jets, and the action on the ground is better for it. DICE really needs to let us filter out the jets on our servers that we are playing for. Because I think with all the lock-on bullshit from BF3, helicopters wouldn't be as dangerous and dominant as they were in BC2.

Jets are fun though. Specially on Caspian, Kharg and Op. Firestorm Conquest. Round starts, hop into jet, take off immediately and go straight to the furthest flag full throttle and get out, cap the flag before the enemy gets there...so much fun watching them enemy tanks and vehicles arrive when the flag is already taken :trollface

Evolved1

I would KILL for an Infantry and Ground Vehicle only mode. KILL.

I just don't understand why this isn't a thing... I mean... how hard can it be to have the vehicle classes as server options? Seems like a huge oversight.

Evolved1

Jets are fun though. Specially on Caspian, Kharg and Op. Firestorm Conquest. Round starts, hop into jet, take off immediately and go straight to the furthest flag full throttle and get out, cap the flag before the enemy gets there...so much fun watching them enemy tanks and vehicles arrive when the flag is already taken :trollface

I think they are OP and poorly implemented. Their worst offense is taking too many players off the ground. The maps feel too empty. As many as 5 players on each side can be in the air at one time! (that's just pilots, and one gunner for the AC). 10 players at once! Considering the soldier count on consoles... this just isn't very fun imo.

I think it'd be good to have the option of playing without certain vehicles.

Ocho

I hate god damn Metro CQ. The team that spawns near C has clear advantage.

I don't see how a defense team wins a 500% ticket rush game. I hate whoever thought that was a good idea. Glad I can easily avoid 'em baddie servers.

<- TANK JACK

... jack of all trades really.

I hate god damn Metro CQ. The team that spawns near C has clear advantage.

I don't see how a defense team wins a 500% ticket rush game. I hate whoever thought that was a good idea. Glad I can easily avoid 'em baddie servers.

that's what i've been saying, but some people swear the RU team has an advantage because they can get to B faster...

all that matters is who can LOCK DOWN the B flag, not who gets there first, and the US team has an easier time slipping by and it's easier to hide out near A than near C.

TheSeks

Base rape, which while possible is "impossible" for most Rush rounds.

I want to thank Seks for recommending the P90. I just had a monster round at Metro, 51-18. Thanks to 2XP, I ended up with nearly 76K points (and I was only 4th on our team!).

Top Bottom