• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well he can't make a youtube video of people owning him like a little bitch, now can he? ;)

Dice should really have a system in place that revokes those kicking/banning options of admins that abuse their power.

Impossible to do. No way to really track it... and ultimately, these people are paying for the servers.

On a different note, I wish I was as good at BF3 as I was at BC2.

Ocho

Yesterday an admin banned me because I killed him in his chopper. And it wasn't just some kid either, that guy's got loads if videos online, good stats etc.. But that's what you get with clan douches who think they're the bomb. Wouldn't be all that bad if I could find DICE servers. But no, all we get is private ones with stupid admins.

DICE servers should be back today, according to twitter.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yesterday an admin banned me because I killed him in his chopper. And it wasn't just some kid either, that guy's got loads if videos online, good stats etc.. But that's what you get with clan douches who think they're the bomb. Wouldn't be all that bad if I could find DICE servers. But no, all we get is private ones with stupid admins.

Name and Does he play on a specific server?

JJD

Impossible to do. No way to really track it... and ultimately, these people are playing for the servers.

On a different note, I wish I was as good at BF3 as I was at BC2.

Huh? You don't feel you're on the same level?

I always liked playing with you man, you're good either on foot or on vehicles and you're a team player.

Maybe you just need to play more. By this time in BC2 life I had something like 600 hours logged, now I just passed over 200 on BF3. I just don't have the time anymore.

Rebel Leader

Alot of the official DICE servers are back online.

PqSns.gif

@Battlefield Any chance of making the -{DICE}- server name only work for official servers? Too many fake servers out there.

We will pass along your request for this. Thank you for your feedback. ^KF

I like this idea

Avinexus

Don't know why you're so happy about DICE servers coming back.

It doesn't mean anyone will play on them lolololol.

The whole reason everyone wanted them back was so we could play on them. At least on those servers you won't get kicked for being too good.

The whole reason everyone wanted them back was so we could play on them. At least on those servers you won't get kicked for being too good.

The joke is that most people didn't play on the official servers even when they were around. Like when rebel was whining about most of gaf playing on custom servers (cause vanilla servers were often lacking in players.)

I don't see the situation changing much.

Ocho

Anyone on the 360 wants to play some coop? There's weapons to unlock. Also:I noticed only two missions available. More unlock by playing coop or do I need to play SP first?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't fight it. Go ahead and explain to me how recon is not useless in metro conquest. Rush I can understand but conquest I just don't see it.

Have you ever killed 3 people and than get killed, only to watch the 3 people you killed get revived. Is that not annoying? Guess what only assault can do that.

I wasn't talking about that and one other person knows what I'm talking about, but sure: Let's go with this.

Conquest Recon: Motion sensors put in good areas with good bleed can REALLY help defend flags. Something all of GAF doesn't seem to want to do at times (hell, none of randoms want to do it any time I join non-GAF friends in babby mode either). This isn't exclusive to Metro.

But on Metro, if you place a beacon at the stairs of B you can catch the US (I think it's US) side coming up the stairs with... ~2-3 beacons in a good place with the bleed effect.

RU's can be caught in a similar fashion but the US side has to rush from C up to B and while someone is attempting to cap it (so the rest of the team can spawn it) the three recons have to put the beacons near the doors. Thereby putting themselves in danger.

Another decent place would be the ticket area but that can be gotten to and killed if the RU team can push into it.

Just because you (and most of GAF, really) don't want to play recon and put beacons around to help the team doesn't give you Carte Blanche to knock it, all IMO given I'm practically forced to play that class any time I'm with GAF or randoms because people can't seem to notice the strong effect the beacons/recon work has in giving them a heads up.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that shitty recons that don't know how to play the class (AKA: not using kit items) are far worse than other classes not knowing how to use their shit either.

@Faceless: They were populated on PS3 as well, but they were buried five pages back in comparison to the numerous custom games in the first page. People are lazy and don't want to find them and then they get less and less populated.

DICE needs to make an "official server only" filter and be done with it.

tn2007

I wasn't talking about that and one other person knows what I'm talking about, but sure: Let's go with this.

Conquest Recon: Motion sensors put in good areas with good bleed can REALLY help defend flags. Something all of GAF doesn't seem to want to do at times (hell, none of randoms want to do it any time I join non-GAF friends in babby mode either). This isn't exclusive to Metro.

But on Metro, if you place a beacon at the stairs of B you can catch the US (I think it's US) side coming up the stairs with... ~2-3 beacons in a good place with the bleed effect.

RU's can be caught in a similar fashion but the US side has to rush from C up to B and while someone is attempting to cap it (so the rest of the team can spawn it) the three recons have to put the beacons near the doors. Thereby putting themselves in danger.

Another decent place would be the ticket area but that can be gotten to and killed if the RU team can push into it.

Just because you (and most of GAF, really) don't want to play recon and put beacons around to help the team doesn't give you Carte Blanche to knock it, all IMO given I'm practically forced to play that class any time I'm with GAF or randoms because people can't seem to notice the strong effect the beacons/recon work has in giving them a heads up.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that shitty recons that don't know how to play the class (AKA: not using kit items) are far worse than other classes not knowing how to use their shit either.

Like I said most people put the sensor in the wrong places, and even when you put one down in a good spot it won't matter if your not there defending that area. Most of the time, people put a motion sensor down only to leave it there and push up. Then if the sensor gets destroyed and your back to being useless. YOU might stay there and defend but you know everyone including MYSELF at times have the mentality to cap the other team out instead of defending properly.

Again I'll take revives, heals, and smoke over motion sensor and spawn beacon ANYTIME on metro conquest. Motion sensor can be negated by communication, spoting and mini map awareness.

We need to work on how to defend lanes and communicating as whole. We do a good job, but I think we could do alot better. Most important things in any team game is communicating and awareness.

meppi

Like I said most people put the sensor in the wrong places, and even when you put one down in a good spot it won't matter if your not there defending that area. Most of the time, people put a motion sensor down only to leave it there and push up. Then if the sensor gets destroyed and your back to being useless.

That is certainly a weird way of using the device.
Or perhaps I'm doing it in a backwards fashion. But I have a tendency to pick up my T-UGS when we have successfully secured a section and we move onward to the next.
Once there, I put it down in a spot where I think it'll be most useful and pick it back up when we move on to the next point. :-/

tn2007

Or perhaps I'm doing it in a backwards fashion. But I have a tendency to pick up my T-UGS when we have successfully secured a section and we move onward to the next.
Once there, I put it down in a spot where I think it'll be most useful and pick it back up when we move on to the next point. :-/

Don't remember ever playing with you when you were recon class. But you can ask dream and seks about the placements of beacons and sensors from the recon class.

Again this is Metro conquest I'm referring to and not to be mistaken for any other modes or maps. If anyone here thinks recon class is BETTER than assault on metro conquest than I challenge you to prove me wrong in a metro conquest match. We can join a random server and you can show me the value of recon vs assault.

meppi

If played right, it doesn't really matter.

Even when just starting to try out the aggressive recon thing in BF3 with a random sniper riffle and a shitty scope as well as joining the server late, things certainly don't seem to be that bad as to say it's not worth playing that way.

tn2007

Even when just starting to try out the aggressive recon thing in BF3 with a random sniper riffle and a shitty scope as well as joining the server late, things certainly don't seem to be that bad as to say it's not worth playing that way.

Why would you even post that link when it clearly shows the top guy was assault/support and 17-11 and 8th place on your squad isn't exactly showing its more viable than any of the other classes let alone assault.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a dick, but it's my opinion and I'm going to stick with it til I see otherwise.

JJD

Just learned about "Battlefield Premium" and all the still unannounced stuff coming our way.

Damn you EA, God damn you
for making me buy those things :p

yeah, i do that or if i see an ammo pack dropped ahead on the map, i just go to that to restock.

Don't remember ever playing with you when you were recon class. But you can ask dream and seks about the placements of beacons and sensors from the recon class.

Again this is Metro conquest I'm referring to and not to be mistaken for any other modes or maps. If anyone here thinks recon class is BETTER than assault on metro conquest than I challenge you to prove me wrong in a metro conquest match. We can join a random server and you can show me the value of recon vs assault.

depends, do you mean better for the TEAM or better for the individual?

Don't be offended (and I totally don't intend to sound like Sek), but...

I can't help but feel your overall stats are just helping thn's argument.

You have 1 recon service star, but you're not even half way through your first surveillance/spawn beacon medal. That tells me either something is seriously wrong with the kit placement/strategy, or you're just not using them at all (like 90% of the people out there.)

Thn is right in that case - why be a recon when you're better off being another class with "easier" kit items?

----------------------------------------------
Recon is a spm suicide class. Be ready to sacrifice kills, points, glory for the team if you really want to get the most reward out of the class (imo.)
Any other way is doing it wrong and you'll get the "why does recon take soooooo long to levelllll" bs.

http://psyopsresearch.com/BigFiveResult.php?E=63&A=94&C=68&S=76&I=89&name=dreamgazer&platform=ps3

Totally accurate
NOT

Obviously I love dog tags more than I love objective (lol.)

Apparently being introverted also means I also absolutely prefer being lone wolf and far from people ( someone need to read this.)
Also more "secure and confident" people totally don't defend objectives. It's the worried morons like me who do while they push toward the choke point.

My problem with personality tests : They ask you about what you think about yourself, not who you really are.

tn2007

depends, do you mean better for the TEAM or better for the individual?

I mean better for the TEAM. I remember only one time a spawn beacon won us a game on metro conquest. That spawn beacon was Olimpias by the way. Other than that I've hardy seen a recon class out point or help a team win more so than a assault class.

Here is a scenario for you. I'm a recon and 3 of my squad mates are recon,engineer, and support. We attack C and 3 of them die but I'm still alive. What can recon do? Chances are you setup a spawn beacon at B or A. So can they spawn on you? Nope. Now if you were assault you can revive those 3 and cap C faster. Time is important in battlefield and the time you wasted by not reviving your squad members can cause problems if the other team has people coming back or respawning at C.

So how is recon more valubable to a TEAM than assault? No one has answered that yet. All I hear is a well place motion sensor can wreck havoc. If it wrecks so much havoc why aren't all you guys going 20-0 on metro since you know where everyone is. All I'm saying is if we have one recon in a squad we don't need anymore than that. I rather have someone revive me than a motion sensor telling me where someone is at. I use this thing called "the spot button" and mini map to tell me where people are.

I mean better for the TEAM. I remember only one time a spawn beacon won us a game on metro conquest. That spawn beacon was Olimpias by the way. Other than that I've hardy seen a recon class out point or help a team win more so than a assault class.

Here is a scenario for you. I'm a recon and 3 of my squad mates are recon,engineer, and support. We attack C and 3 of them die but I'm still alive. What can recon do? Chances are you setup a spawn beacon at B or A. So can they spawn on you? Nope. Now if you were assault you can revive those 3 and cap C faster. Time is important in battlefield and the time you wasted by not reviving your squad members can cause problems if the other team has people coming back or respawning at C.

So how is recon more valubable to a TEAM than assault? No one has answered that yet. All I hear is a well place motion sensor can wreck havoc. If it wrecks so much havoc why aren't all you guys going 20-0 on metro since you know where everyone is. All I'm saying is if we have one recon in a squad we don't need anymore than that. I rather have someone revive me than a motion sensor telling me where someone is at. I use this thing called "the spot button" and mini map to tell me where people are.
first thing i'd wonder is why someone was playing engineer. then i'd worry about the 2 recons...

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you that in an overall situation, assaults > recon. As I said myself, a good recon is unlikely to be bathed in glory. The class requires a lot of pre-thinking, planning and wasting time by moving shit around. More importantly, recon is useless if no one is around to use its support. The class' usefulness is totally situational ("read your mini-map!!" cries dream)

However, there's a reason why Seks and I often say we feel "forced" to play the class. Cause while recon doesn't > assault, I do believe 3x assault + 1 recon > 4 assaults. That I think more importantly, is what faceless is referring to in terms of team vs. individual. I wish I can use bc2 arica harbor conquest as an example, as that is a great map where a 1-2 recons on the team totally trumps an annoying all medic-teams.

first thing i'd wonder is why someone was playing engineer. then i'd worry about the 2 recons...

On metro conquest? the most common excuse is "ROCKETS"

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you that in an overall situation, assaults > recon. As I said myself, a good recon is unlikely to be bathed in glory. The class requires a lot of pre-thinking, planning and wasting time by moving shit around. More importantly, recon is useless if no one is around to use its support. The class' usefulness is totally situational ("read your mini-map!!" cries dream)

However, there's a reason why Seks and I often say we feel "forced" to play the class. Cause while recon doesn't > assault, I do believe 3x assault + 1 recon > 4 assaults. That I think more importantly, is what faceless is referring to in terms of team vs. individual. I wish I can use bc2 arica harbor conquest as an example, as that is a great map where a 1-2 recons on the team totally trumps an annoying all medic-teams.

On metro conquest? the most common excuse is "ROCKETS"

i didn't think that even needed explaining! 1 recon, 2 assaults, 1 support = an awesome time on metro cq.

I know most people treat what I say to be bs, but I would like to hear some response on an older post/concept I mention alot:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32574953&postcount=1974

In particular, I think bad combination is the cause of some "common sense breakdowns" that gaf has from time to time

then we can run down the bad combination types if people won't be offended >.>

i didn't think that even needed explaining! 1 recon, 2 assaults, 1 support = an awesome time on metro cq.

Tell that to all assault/medic teams, which has been a popular (and annoying) "clan" strategy for many.

Also in low ticket count conquest games, all assault is usually a good decision.

tn2007

People like to play engineer on metro because of the cabines and RPGs. It gives you a combination of close range to mid range and a area of effect weapon. I don't prefer it but I believe that's the reason why.

meppi

Why would you even post that link when it clearly shows the top guy was assault/support and 17-11 and 8th place on your squad isn't exactly showing its more viable than any of the other classes let alone assault.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a dick, but it's my opinion and I'm going to stick with it til I see otherwise.

Because all the older links are gone already and this is the only Metro CQ one left where they didn't kick me. Like I said, it was the first or second day I was trying the bolt action snipers and came in about halfway through the game.
Give me an SKS with my 4x ACOG in my hands and I wouldn't be having trouble getting top spot multiple times, all while running around like a complete idiot on speed, like I always do in BF. :p

You have 1 recon service star, but you're not even half way through your first surveillance/spawn beacon medal. That tells me either something is seriously wrong with the kit placement/strategy, or you're just not using them at all (like 90% of the people out there.)
Your analysis certainly is correct. I've only started getting those ribbons regularly as of late. Then again, I think I've only played recon for 8 hours tops. Nearly all of it in the past week.

Recon is a spm suicide class. Be ready to sacrifice kills, points, glory for the team if you really want to get the most reward out of the class (imo.)
Any other way is doing it wrong and you'll get the "why does recon take soooooo long to levelllll" bs.
Perhaps the class just isn't for me then, at least not the way it's implemented in BF3.
Loved the class in BC2, but again, I always used to run around like a seemingly headless chicken with a x4 scope and quick-scoping was my preferred style.

I don't even have a 4x scope yet after spending quite a few hours trying to level up this weekend. Then again, it was my own fault since I switched back and forth between 3 different bolt actions. :-/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I know most people treat what I say to be bs, but I would like to hear some response on an older post/concept I mention alot:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32574953&postcount=1974

In particular, I think bad combination is the cause of some "common sense breakdowns" that gaf has from time to time

then we can run down the bad combination types if people won't be offended >.>

I don't think too many people in this thread ignore your posts... you're kind of like the unofficial leader of this ragtag group, haha.

Anyway... based on your breakdown I'd say the all-around player is the best asset to the team. Followed by defensive players. Of course, this is more true in Rush, where I believe strategy is more important (because you can't undo mistakes -- a lost base is lost for good).

I've always considered the offensive players a detriment to the team -- unless they are specialists. For example, faceless and seks are like fucking sappers who steal enemy shit and cause them all sorts of fits... these sneaky players are a great help on both sides. And even offensive players in general are alright as long as there are only a couple of them. Too many and we might as well just hand them the crates now... since we're going to lose them anyway when the offense makes their final push in crunch time and we're too far forward to get back. :/

Imo wining in Battlefield comes down to two things: Intelligence + Vehicles.

Intelligence has dual meaning... referring to both strategy and actual intel (i.e. doritos). It cannot be overstated, the importance of spotting. Imo, it's the most important thing in the game. That is why I will never agree recons are < other classes. They are the most powerful spotters. They are one of the most powerful classes. If used properly. But you don't need an entire team of them.

Strategy is pretty simple: play the objective. Think about spacing and how to put your team into good situations. Don't burn tickets on fool's errands. Stay near the crates. Whatever you do, contribute.

And then the vehicles. There are no more powerful tools to exert force in battlefield than vehicles. You needn't look further than the disgusting k/d we get while piloting/gunning to see their impact. I cannot count the number of times I've helped the team secure a win in the final moments because I parked a fucking tank on the objective... went out in a blaze of glory, but we got the crate, and the win.

So... to win in battlefield: Play smart, spot, and don't waste vehicles.

I think most of gaf gets this. This is why we almost always win. When we do lose, it's generally because we weren't close enough to an objective, or due to a breakdown in vehicle use. We fuck up with the vehicles -- get lazy or whatever, but don't use them to their potential.

CQB maps... well losing on those is 100% due to people who wont defend the fucking objective (in Rush). Always. Leave just one or two guys behind to defend and wonder why we lose. :rollseyes

Anyway... that said, GAF is really good:

7rau2.jpg

I&#8217;m at work, so I can&#8217;t say much.
However, let me use a basketball analogy (cause I'm bored).

On any professional basketball team, you have your Offensive, Defensive and Well-rounded type players. From there, you can further categorize players into Stars, Bench and Specialists (ex: someone who is exceptionally good at 3-pointers).

Now, our problems are threefold:
1) People don&#8217;t know their type:
It&#8217;s not so much that offensive is a detriment. The problem is that, you shouldn&#8217;t play offense/specialist if you&#8217;re not good at it (ex: Most know better than to steal botack&#8217;s tank.) Equally, you shouldn&#8217;t be playing D when your talents can be better spent elsewhere (*beep* should not be c4-ing mcoms). That being said, stop running to the front line if you constantly complain about &#8220;man my k/d sucks and I can&#8217;t aim&#8221;.

2) People want to follow the stars:
A team would get destroyed, if everyone tries to do what the stars do.

A lot of well-rounded players need to recognize the fact that they are sometimes influenced by what the dominant player/star player is doing. That&#8217;s not a good thing, because that goes back to 1). You put yourself into a trap playing something you shouldn&#8217;t be playing, running off into places that you shouldn&#8217;t be running. Stop for a second, and think about what the team really need. Do you really need 3 people following X out of a bound, to steal a vehicle? Do you really need a whole squad camping one place for defense? No.

The fact of the matter is, everyone KNOWS defense rush is an instant wash if you leave it all to a lone defender. Yet people still do it over and over. Why? cause they follow what the strong players in the squad are doing + the next thing->

3)Players don&#8217;t know when to stop doing shit (common sense issue):
It doesn&#8217;t matter how great of an offensive player you are &#8211; if your D is absolutely getting destroyed &#8211; the team needs to step up on D. Equally, if D doesn&#8217;t matter, stop being a f-ing pussy and push up (yeah, I&#8217;m talking about you, Dreamgazer.)

If you've lost 2 bases already, why are you still doing the same thing you did before ("guys, why are you all running away from the objective, again)?
If vehicles are rendered to shit/useless, why do you still insist on staying in one? ("I'll be at B soon guys, let me clear through these 20 tank mines first")

This is what sets the best well-rounded players apart from the others: they know when to stop doing shit.

Low on ticket count? Stop trying to cap the third flag and preserve ticket.
M-com being bombarded? You seriously think 3 guys fixing a jeep/transport chopper next to it is the priority? (yes gaf, you did this, at least 3 times from memory.)
Objectives getting pummeled? get out of the transport chopper (dpeak complaint)

--------------------------------------------------

Stop having this mentality that &#8220;it doesn&#8217;t have to be me&#8221;.
Stop being LA Lakers.

>.>

-snip-

Low on ticket count? Stop trying to cap the third flag and preserve ticket.
M-com being bombarded? You seriously think 3 guys fixing a jeep/transport chopper next to it is the priority? (yes gaf, you did this, at least 3 times from memory.)
Objectives getting pummeled? get out of the transport chopper (dpeak complaint)

--------------------------------------------------

Stop having this mentality that “it doesn’t have to be me”.
Stop being LA Lakers.

>.>

Im pretty sure I' not included in these. I know I'm no star, far from it. But I know to make the sacrifices and the choices to make that are best for the team.

But I could be wrong.

Im pretty sure I' not included in these. I know I'm no star, far from it. But I know to make the sacrifices and the choices to make that are best for the team.

But I could be wrong.

Everyone knows, but we always make priority misjudgments from time to time. I've learned my lesson when I insisted on being on a mav and left sek to defend alone (thinking that others will come help him soon.)

A very common one that gaf does in bf3 now days is having the whole team running toward one m-com when it's armed. A.k.a other m-com is easy cake.

TheSeks

A very common one that gaf does in bf3 now days is having the whole team running toward one m-com when it's armed. A.k.a other m-com is easy cake.

Except when the other team does this, it's glorious. I love arming the crate and watching them come up (while I suicide stand it) to disarm while someone arms the now undefended crate they dug into and comes to rush to prevent them from disarming mine (generally Faceless or Dream, can't say the same for a few others). Thereby taking both in blaze of glory.

Or me arming, someone disarms it quickly and it doesn't work. WOE.

've learned my lesson when I insisted on being on a mav

To be fair, you're not the only one that does this. I've had Bo do it on Karkand (TonyKornheiserWHY.jpg) and UFRA does it often which infuriates me. UFRA seems to be getting better, but there's times where he'll stick on it on defense and I'm like "GET THE FUCK OFF! *stab stab*" to no effect.

Also TN: No offense, bro, but if you can't take two seconds to switch from recon and revive people with the assaults fallen kit, that's your problem. Not ours/teams. You can sit here and whine and cry about not being revived (oh, wait, something I never get on me in general in public or GAF games!) but at the end of the day, if you died and there was a beacon there: Your problem for not noticing.

Spots >>>>>>> revives in defensive (AND offensive!) purposes because if you have proper intel you shouldn't be dying in the first place. IMO.

I'm a recon and 3 of my squad mates are recon,engineer, and support.

Since you never stated a map (and I'm going to assume Metro but since you never stated a map...) my question is: Why is there a second recon on your team if 1) You have SOFLAM and 2) You're staying alive to use that SOFLAM or Beacon or whatever you have to good effect?

In fact, I'd say a problem with your example is the squad make up more than "HURR REVIVE>SPOTS" that your touting.

Ocho

My only problems so far with the 360 GAF mentality when playing CQ:

When we have two of the three sites and EVERYONE rushes for the third one, leaving the site unprotected. I'm usually left alone trying to hold a site.

Metro RU side comes to mind of a prime example of many a times I've been left alone at B and I'm the defender of both B and the eventual flank towards A.

Wake Island is also an example of this. A map where an enemy can grab a plane and drop down to A or E to an unprotected site. I like to stay between A and B, or D and E to prevent this from happening.

Noshar Canals (or w/e it's called) also comes to mind. I'm usually between the A canisters or at B alone.

Funny scenario is when we successfully cap A, B, and C and an enemy starts capping A from the others side of the map. Queue EVERYONE rushing towards Alpha to protect the site, leaving C defenseless.

Of course it not always goes like this, but it has happened. Good thing is I always promptly receive backup when I request it. We're still pretty pro (although yesterday we finally lost a game on d-something peak).

Rebel Leader

Anyway... that said, GAF is really good:

http://i.imgur.com/7rau2.jpg[/IM G][/QUOTE]

My W/L: 564 / 166 = 3.4

Most of those are from leaving the game when we didn't have the leave in between matches option... Yes they did count those as losses I believe

TheSeks

That personality test is (slightly) bullshit.

According to it:

We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers trying out more different classes and guns. How controlled and organized you are: People scoring high on this trait are more efficient and organized, while people with lower scores tend to be more easy-going and careless. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers focusing more on the objective, while lower scorers behave more opportunistically, like acquiring dog tags whenever the chance presents itself. (I'm middle of the road with maybe a few points over the mid-point, so I wouldn't round up to high but not low either)

While people with lower scores tend to be more solitary and reserved. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with low scorers are more likely to be lone wolves.

This shows how much you value social harmony. People scoring high on this trait are more friendly and compassionate, while people with lower scores are more cold and unkind. People scoring low on this trait traditionally put themselves forward more as leaders. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers being stronger team players, while low scorers are found more on the front lines. (Middle of the road with a slight edge toward "high")

People scoring high in this trait are more secure and confident. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers earning more defender ribbons than low scorers.

So uh, summary:

Wild card bitches, YEE-HAW! (With a more prone to doing my own thing tendency to either good effect or not so good effect)

My W/L: 564 / 166 = 3.4

Most of those are from leaving the game when we didn't have the leave in between matches option... Yes they did count those as losses I believe

Nope. They are recorded as a loss on battlelog's profile screen, but they're never actually countered into the stats.

Nice try getting yourself out of that one!

tn2007

Also TN: No offense, bro, but if you can't take two seconds to switch from recon and revive people with the assaults fallen kit, that's your problem. Not ours/teams. You can sit here and whine and cry about not being revived (oh, wait, something I never get on me in general in public or GAF games!) but at the end of the day, if you died and there was a beacon there: Your problem for not noticing.

Spots >>>>>>> revives in defensive (AND offensive!) purposes because if you have proper intel you shouldn't be dying in the first place. IMO.

Since you never stated a map (and I'm going to assume Metro but since you never stated a map...) my question is: Why is there a second recon on your team if 1) You have SOFLAM and 2) You're staying alive to use that SOFLAM or Beacon or whatever you have to good effect?

In fact, I'd say a problem with your example is the squad make up more than "HURR REVIVE>SPOTS" that your touting.

You should ask the rest of GAF who play recon that question since I rarely play recon. Why is it when I die they don't switch kits and revive me? Does switching kits from recon to another class destroy my beacons/sensors? After I switch back to recon do I have a new beacon/sensor to plant? I don't play recon so I wouldn't know.

Now about spotting, like I said earlier it's called the spot button. I'm sorry you rather use easy mode and use a motion sensor. I use the spot button and my mic to communicate where the enemies at. Like I said if recon spot>>>>>>>revive how come everyone doesn't play recon and just motion sensor everywhere? I guess I didn't get the memo that recons were the only ones that can spot. How come the people here that play recon aren't 20-0 or something since you know exactly where everyone is? How come 75% of the metro whores out there play assault over any other class since recon is all powerful with the god like motion sensor.

Finally, if you read my posts you would know the whole time I'm speaking about metro conquest. To answer your question about 2 recons, you should ask all of GAF because I never play recon on metro except once to use the SKS. Everytime I play metro with GAF 50% are recon. And I'm talking about the team and not just the squad.

Just for fun, I know you didn't forget that time I knifed and teabag you on Gulf of Oman rush while you were defending. Where was your motion sensor then? ;p

tn2007

Because all the older links are gone already and this is the only Metro CQ one left where they didn't kick me. Like I said, it was the first or second day I was trying the bolt action snipers and came in about halfway through the game.
Give me an SKS with my 4x ACOG in my hands and I wouldn't be having trouble getting top spot multiple times, all while running around like a complete idiot on speed, like I always do in BF. :p

BRTky.jpg

Just messing with you meppi. I'm
sure your badass as a recon.

You should ask the rest of GAF who play recon that question since I rarely play recon. Why is it when I die they don't switch kits and revive me?
Cause by the time i switched and got to you, you revive icon is already gone.
(not including that one time i revived you or botack multiple times by the door way in metro conquest a week or two ago.

Does switching kits from recon to another class destroy my beacons/sensors?
No.

After I switch back to recon do I have a new beacon/sensor to plant? I don't play recon so I wouldn't know.

New sensor, no. Beacon yes.

Now about spotting, like I said earlier it's called the spot button. I'm sorry you rather use easy mode and use a motion sensor.

Stop letting your rage get to you.
The next thing you're going to call laser designated rockets easy mode...

I use the spot button and my mic to communicate where the enemies at. Like I said if recon spot>>>>>>>revive how come everyone doesn't play recon and just motion sensor everywhere?
No comment on sek's recon spot > revive comment. Although my stance is that I wouldn't even compare them.

A lot of times people don't have the convenience to spot in tight quarter maps like metro. Which makes motion sensors useful on metro. Now, whether or not people actually use that information is another issue. Like I said, spots are passive. All other kit functions are direct. In addition, I don't believe gaf in general spot as much as they actually do (or reading their mini-map). Otherwise I wouldn't have a ton of stuff to spot in kharg island half the time.

I guess I didn't get the memo that recons were the only ones that can spot. How come the people here that play recon aren't 20-0 or something since you know exactly where everyone is? How come 75% of the metro whores out there play assault over any other class since recon is all powerful with the god like motion sensor.

No one said recons are the only one who can spot (not even seks) + see passive thing above.
75% of metro whores playing assault also doesn't mean that's the right combination. We can have all assault metro + mixed gaf match and see how that turns out.

Finally, if you read my posts you would know the whole time I'm speaking about metro conquest. To answer your question about 2 recons, you should ask all of GAF because I never play recon on metro except once to use the SKS. Everytime I play metro with GAF 50% are recon. And I'm talking about the team and not just the squad.

Reviewing the past 4 metro conquest games I've played - this statement is false.
Assault remains the most popular class of the team. The only people who predominately plays recon is Olimpia and I (occasionally Dan, who suck at it.)

Just for fun, I know you didn't forget that time I knifed and teabag you on Gulf of Oman rush while you were defending. Where was your motion sensor then? ;p

Proof that people don't read the mini-map.
+Why would you put a motion sensor near yourself.

tn2007

New sensor, no. Beacon yes.

Thanks, nice to know.

Stop letting your rage get to you.
The next thing you're going to call laser designated rockets easy mode...

I already call javelin easy mode and that's why I use it.

No one said recons are the only one who can spot (not even seks) + see passive thing above. We can have all assault metro + mixed gaf match and see how that turns out.

I know he didn't say it, my rage got to me. Fine by me, I'll take the top assault class players. Dawnoflife, JohanMelin, ImEAF, gl0w and myself.

Reviewing the past 4 metro conquest games I've played - this statement is false.
Assault remains the most popular class of the team. The only people who predominately plays recon is Olimpia and I (occasionally Dan, who suck at it.)

I guess you didn't really pay attention to my post than because I said 50% of GAF is recon.

Olimpia, JJD, Dream, and faceless all recon 4/5 GAF

Olimpia and Dream recon 2/4 GAF

JJD and Evovled recon 2/3 GAF

Dave, Dan, and Dream recon 3/4 GAF

Top Bottom