• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PC Battlefield 3:
"It's the game or auto hot key, pick one."

lolwutpear.jpg

Also Metro as an IDEA is good. In EXECUTION it's a terrible map. Conquest or Rush. On TDM it's actually pretty tolerable and I wish they'd move the battle into the tunnel themselves to give people a bunch of breathing and hiding room. But I know they won't on consoles given the 16 less players it has over PC.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh man olimpia84 was raging hard like never before because a guy was playing quite bad (Even worse than me)
Then i got kicked by the admin during a cool match.

Am I the only one that just hates playing Support?
I enjoy playing all classes though i play a short range recon. I dont have the patience to stay sit in a place for hours.

TheSeks

*shudders*

Sounds worse than the pre patch USAS-12 with frag rounds.

If in CQC = hip-fire. If in long-range = bipod.

Mid-range? ADS or hip-fire if you want to suppress.

The LMG's are all good, but the only one that gives me trouble is the Type-88 due to the shitty iron sights and the M60 is a bit iffy in comparison to BC2 (pre or post-nerf) but they're ALL good. You just have to know to hip-fire them in CQC and you'll win battles in general.

Hell, I got banned using nothing but the M240AB in servers before.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If in CQC = hip-fire. If in long-range = bipod.

Mid-range? ADS or hip-fire if you want to suppress.

The LMG's are all good, but the only one that gives me trouble is the Type-88 due to the shitty iron sights and the M60 is a bit iffy in comparison to BC2 (pre or post-nerf) but they're ALL good. You just have to know to hip-fire them in CQC and you'll win battles in general.

Hell, I got banned using nothing but the M240AB in servers before.

Maybe that's it, I usually aim down the sights with LMGs, and the recoil is horrendous. Only LMG I've used lately is the M27/RPK, and that's only because those two are the closest to an assault rifle.

TheSeks

I hate LMG's. Always have, always will.

If you want we could practice in a private server if Dream turned ranked off so I wouldn't have to worry about my stats with my shitty/half-broke connection right now to get you to adjust. LMG's take a bit of practice to get used to. I think the only one I downright hate (outside the Type-88's shitty iron sights) is the PKP and that's due to the INSANE recoil on that bitch (but that's countered by it's high damage).

monsterfracas said:
Maybe that's it, I usually aim down the sights with LMGs, and the recoil is horrendous. Only LMG I've used lately is the M27/RPK, and that's only because those two are the closest to an assault rifle.

I do that now and then, but you have to remember: You have a bigger "magazine"/clip (I think the LMG's ammo type is clips) than they do so hip-firing in those situations and having the cross-hair on them is preferable to taking the reaction ADS.
And this is true for the other types of guns as well, but you don't have to switch with the LMG's so your safe to spray spray spray

TheSeks

olimpia84

Oh man olimpia84 was raging hard like never before because a guy was playing quite bad (Even worse than me)
Then i got kicked by the admin during a cool match.

You were not playing bad, it was the rest of our team who didn't have a clue what they were doing. Seriously, today was a bad day for me. Every team that I was in was pure and absolute shit. And of course the other teams were stacked up the roof with colonels. No matter what server I played I ended up in the shittiest team possible and a gaffer or two can't make up for all the shittiness of the useless randoms.

Really if I can get 15 to roughly 18% accuracy with the LMG's, anyone can use them with good effect.

type-88
RPK (gotta finish unlocks on that one)
And gotta unlock the last M249 unlock as well...

I love the Joy's Patriot. It's so godly. (and I think I used it before extended mag was unlocked so the removal wouldn't do too much for me. But I haven't used it since the patch, I should fix that...)

So, yeah. LMG's are good, guys. You gotta practice practice practice and get a "feel" for them.

I enjoy the support class a lot. I have pretty decent accuracy with them. Lowest (17.75%) with the M240 and highest (20%) with the M27. PKP and the M27 are my favourite.

TheSeks

I enjoy the support class a lot. I have pretty decent accuracy with them. Lowest (17.75%) with the M240 and highest (20%) with the M27. PKP and the M27 are my favourite.

Duuuuuude. Use the MG36. It's crazy good. You can ADS it in mid-range and just spit hot hell fire at people.

Issue of the clip size wasn't too huge a deal for me because you shouldn't be using it for extended spraying/suppression purposes. You use it for a mobility hellfire purpose.

Ocho

Except in our scenario, A was constantly getting capped and B/C is about to go orange.
We're not talking about a situation where both team have a fair ground.

A in this case is the hot ground, similar to bazaar B.

In those situations, focus should be shifted toward other flags so that 1) you can keep up the flag count, b) distracting people away from A. Unless the enemies are stupid, they should then start shifting back into B/C. A few extra people can then go cap A from base. Just as sometimes it's a strategy to get away from the B hot ground, cap the opposite flag to lure people away. It may feel unorthodox to do so, but that's exactly what the our enemies did - keep the team distracted at A while B/C was taken with no effort (literally no one outside of gaf ever went into B/C other than the last 2 minutes.)

This is similar to olimpa rage moments in bazaar, when people insist on going from C->B or A->B. When the obvious choice sometimes is to get away from the ticket bleeder, and go cap the opposite end flag. Strategy needs to change according to the situation, so no one flag is ever important forever.

Well, I can't argue with this tactic since it's one I use regularly. If no one was helping you defend two unprotected and uncontested sites then yes, we have a problem. However, base sites are, generally speaking, pretty important. But yeah, in the situation you're painting, I'd have done exactly the same. In fact, getting as much attention to C as possible would guarantee the eventual A cap (although A is dumb with that many buildings and floors and hiding spots -- argh, hate metro).

Duuuuuude. Use the MG36. It's crazy good. You can ADS it in mid-range and just spit hot hell fire at people.

Issue of the clip size wasn't too huge a deal for me because you shouldn't be using it for extended spraying/suppression purposes. You use it for a mobility hellfire purpose.

I have 275 kills with it, have everything unlocked. It just never clicked with me though. PKP is the most fun gun for me in this class. Clearing out whole squads with that 200 clip magazine never gets old. I also have more success with teh M27 for run and gun. Love its quick reload time.

A5151.jpg

shame.jpg

(If you're wondering about the low accuracy, I often shoot the M249 just to provide suppression fire/distractions.)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hey, um... hopefully this won't annoy anyone. But my cousin, who only plays CoD asked me if I'd introduce him to battlefield. I want to show him the ropes, so I changed the map rotation on the official sever to "test" with just vanilla vehicle maps. Should only be for a couple hours, then I'll switch it back. Server was empty...

If this is a problem, I'm sorry, and I'll rent my own...

Hey, um... hopefully this won't annoy anyone. But my cousin, who only plays CoD asked me if I'd introduce him to battlefield. I want to show him the ropes, so I changed the map rotation on the official sever to "test" with just vanilla vehicle maps. Should only be for a couple hours, then I'll switch it back. Server was empty...

If this is a problem, I'm sorry, and I'll rent my own...

Make sure you set it to private and 2 player start (to at least get some points out of it...)

Can you no longer destroy MAV's and SOFLAM's in the chopper?

Ridiculous.

Also, it's great getting kicked mid-round for getting into a vehicle when the admin couldn't.

I shot a SOFLAM yesterday on Noshar while I was in the Little Bird, so I guess it's possible. They're hard to hit tho

Ocho

Yesterday I remembered why having private servers can be a REALLY good thing: I was playing SQDM to complete the assignment and I was up against a squad using solely M26 Darts in one of those allegedly EA servers. :(

Evolved1

Thanks for your help rebel... will be able to play real games with him now.

Also... dogfighting is really hard without air radar. I need to unlock that.

params7

Banned
Metro Rush is tolerable. Metro Conquest is just horrible IMO

The best round I've ever played was a 1750 Metro Conquest. Now I know 90% of these turn into baserapes within the first 10 mins and it goes on for an hour or so. This round i played was just well balanced and it was constant back and forth for 2 HRS straight. finished with 200 kills that round, and it got so intense in the last 15 mins, everybody wanted to win and I saw the best teamwork in a public game ever.

But such games are few and far apart.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Thanks for your help rebel... will be able to play real games with him now.

Also... dogfighting is really hard without air radar. I need to unlock that.

and unlock ECM(?) jammer...

The best round I've ever played was a 1750 Metro Conquest. Now I know 90% of these turn into baserapes within the first 10 mins and it goes on for an hour or so. This round i played was just well balanced and it was constant back and forth for 2 HRS straight. finished with 200 kills that round, and it got so intense in the last 15 mins, everybody wanted to win and I saw the best teamwork in a public game ever.

But such games are few and far apart.
No, everyone wanted it to end quicker

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Congratulations! I'll never get the sniping one. Only trophy I need for the platinum. Such a stupid level. I hate trophies you cannot get by yourself.

OH bc2 was way worse for that, Knife 5 friends ( only 2 of my friends online actually played it at the time) and 20 destruction kills online was quite an ask as destroying a building may sound easy, it used to be a right pain strategically placing C4 around the supports and then having to wait for some fuckwit to come along and make camp, then of course if you died whilst waiting you'd have to do it all again, or maybe somebody else set of the C4 with a nade >.>

Congratulations! I'll never get the sniping one. Only trophy I need for the platinum. Such a stupid level. I hate trophies you cannot get by yourself.

that one was the worst.

i did it with my brother on 360 and seks on PS3 and it was a pain both times... you have to be beyond perfect and hope the internet is agreeable too.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I see the guys we have to snipe... literally teleport a few feet as soon as I shoot

Still have not completed that level

Evolved1

I see the guys we have to snipe... literally teleport a few feet as soon as I shoot

Still have not completed that level

My shot will often not register... borking the entire mission. It's an exercise in frustration and I refuse to even attempt it anymore. Do everything perfect and the internet still dicks you over.

OH bc2 was way worse for that, Knife 5 friends ( only 2 of my friends online actually played it at the time) and 20 destruction kills online was quite an ask as destroying a building may sound easy, it used to be a right pain strategically placing C4 around the supports and then having to wait for some fuckwit to come along and make camp, then of course if you died whilst waiting you'd have to do it all again, or maybe somebody else set of the C4 with a nade >.>

The destruction trophy. When you want it, it's hard. When you no longer care for it, destruction came raining down.

knife 5 friends wasn't that bad.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I was playing a long Conquest match for about an hour had over 6000 points and BAM! the game froze! >_< This sucks!
Ok at least i still have some of the unlocks.

knife 5 friends i got in squad rush on 360 and got naturally on PS3 back when PS3 GAF was overflowing.

the destruction... you just get from playing... pretty sure i had well over 100 on each console.

Evolved1

knife 5 friends i got in squad rush on 360 and got naturally on PS3 back when PS3 GAF was overflowing.

the destruction... you just get from playing... pretty sure i had well over 100 on each console.

People had all sorts of strategies w/ C4 and shit for the destruction... I just drove a tank. haha

olimpia84

I remember boosting for the destruction trophy with NoStyle and some other random people. In the end, I think I ended up having enough legit demo kills by just playing the game but it would have taken me close to 1000 hours since I never got that lucky with those.

Speaking of trophies, I still need to attempt the Co-op and single player for BF3. I'm so not looking forward to them but I really want to platinum this game.

Top Bottom