• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Evolved1 said:
Ok... but you have to play with me. Fuck seks.

NO U. I'm getting that hard achievement out of the way before I pull my hair out with randoms.

Faceless: Your mission this week is to find me a way over that ledge via out of bounds in Tehran Highway.

Will you play Co-Op with me

Is it "Hard" Co-op? If not, not yet. I'm knocking that out of the way first before going to the lower difficulties to grind.

Woorloog

Banned
eternaLightness said:
I really miss spotting where the objective is.
Squad leader can do that. Squad leader SHOULD DO that.

This game is fucking awesome! The maps are smaller and have only 24 players at most on consoles but it is still the best MP game i've ever played. Gonna play this for a long time...

I think jets unlock anti-ground weapons a tad late. I have heat seekers and i fly pretty well so shooting other jets and helos is easy but also quite useless due Iglas and Stingers eating helos for breakfast and jets being useless against ground targets without missiles or bombs.
I suppose this will change as more people unlock those... if they get to fly, or bother to fly in the first place.

Oh and IFVs? They're beasts. I disabled a tank in full health with a TOW missile and then proceeded to destroy it with the auto cannon. A lot of inftranty? No problem, remove cover with a TOW, snipe them with the auto cannon and pop smoke when retreating.

Woorloog

Banned
Alienshogun said:
So, did anyone find out definitively if installing the disk AND the HD pack makes the game look worse?
What? Why would installing the game make it worse?
Doesn't HD pack take precedence over the disc's content, installed or not?
Besides, doesn't MP use HD pack by default even without installing?

Ketch

Woorloog said:
Oh and IFVs? They're beasts. I disabled a tank in full health with a TOW missile and then proceeded to destroy it with the auto cannon. A lot of inftranty? No problem, remove cover with a TOW, snipe them with the auto cannon and pop smoke when retreating.

Awwwww yea! that's what i like to hear. We just destroyed some fools on the canals map in the tank, and we didn't even have an engi to repair us.

Marvie_3

Banned
Woorloog said:

This game is fucking awesome! The maps are smaller and have only 24 players at most on consoles but it is still the best MP game i've ever played. Gonna play this for a long time...

I think jets unlock anti-ground weapons a tad late. I have heat seekers and i fly pretty well so shooting other jets and helos is easy but also quite useless due Iglas and Stingers eating helos for breakfast and jets being useless against ground targets without missiles or bombs.
I suppose this will change as more people unlock those... if they get to fly, or bother to fly in the first place.

So are the AA machine guns. One round, I gunned down several planes and choppers. The other team got pissed and started bringing tanks over to where my AA gun was. The AA guns can't be destroyed so they kept trying to blow me up but I kept shredding the fuck out of the tanks and racked up several kills that way. They finally stopped trying to fly and bring tanks over by me and the skies were clear for our choppers. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
EasyTGT said:
Awwwww yea! that's what i like to hear. We just destroyed some fools on the canals map in the tank, and we didn't even have an engi to repair us.

People haven't seemed to figure out that if you're exposing the rear of your tank, you're gonna die.

Also, mortar isn't overpowered in the least. It's great when people spot, but it also makes you a sitting duck. Also, it shoots slow as hell.

The smoke rounds may be the best use of them though.

Woorloog

Banned
EasyTGT said:
Engineer plus a tank or IFV is nigh unstoppable. Hell, you don't even need a machine gunner, you can steamroll the enemies all by yourself as long as they stay unorganized and you manage to take breaks to fix your tank/IFV.
Frankly, i think the engineer's torch needs a nerf, it should overheat after a few second of repairing or simply be a tad slower. Keep EODbot repair strong (i assume it is identical to the torch) as using the bot leaves you open to attack anyway.

Alienshogun said:
So, did anyone find out definitively if installing the disk AND the HD pack makes the game look worse?
it's being investigated by a Gaffer

Woorloog said:
What? Why would installing the game make it worse?
Doesn't HD pack take precedence over the disc's content, installed or not?
Besides, doesn't MP use HD pack by default even without installing?
maybe because it might be faster to read data from two sources instead of one.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Faceless Master said:
it's being investigated by a Gaffer

Miguel is whom you're talking about I think.

I just did it, and noticed more pop in. Like way more.

I'm gonna go back to having the HD pack installed first, then install the MP disk.

Woorloog said:

actually, the maps are the same size, it's just that Conquest 64 has more Flags than Conquest (32/24), well, except for Operation Metro, that's exactly the same in 64.

Alienshogun said:
Miguel is whom you're talking about I think.

I just did it, and noticed more pop in. Like way more.

I'm gonna go back to having the HD pack installed first, then install the MP disk.
yep, that's who i mean.

Woorloog

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
actually, the maps are the same size, it's just that Conquest 64 has more Flags than Conquest (32/24), well, except for Operation Metro, that's exactly the same in 64.
What? Aren't the maps' playable area smaller than on PC? I didn't meant that they'd be scaled down phsycially, merely limited like BF2's map scaling system.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Woorloog said:
What? Aren't the maps' playable area smaller than on PC? I didn't meant that they'd be scaled down phsycially, merely limited like BF2's map scaling system.

The are the 32 player maps on PC.

JJD

Woorloog said:
Engineer plus a tank or IFV is nigh unstoppable. Hell, you don't even need a machine gunner, you can steamroll the enemies all by yourself as long as they stay unorganized and you manage to take breaks to fix your tank/IFV.
Frankly, i think the engineer's torch needs a nerf, it should overheat after a few second of repairing or simply be a tad slower. Keep EODbot repair strong (i assume it is identical to the torch) as using the bot leaves you open to attack anyway.

What pisses me off is that you get out of the tank from the front...usually where the enemy is aiming! Died a couple times today getting out of the tank to fix it for squadmates...

Bruiserk

Damn, the new patch details in the OP look awesome. UMP/Jets getting a buff? Yes please. Also some issues with PS3 being worked on sound good (not being put on same team/input lag!)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh man can't wait for seks to rage about our co-op session... lol :(

By the way dude it was fun to watch you learn to fly in just three attempts. Good job.

Miggytronz

Im installing the Multi Disk now.

I think the issue is the HD pack for some people when installing it reboots causing a faulty install but DICE devs havent answered any of me and others questions regarding

TheSeks

Dude. DUUUUUUUUUDE. Hard mode = Increased damage + bleedout time. If I go down, that circle prompt is a cue to run your ass over. >_> I went with Hard because you said you didn't care whichever and I want to clear the mission Dream and I stopped at on Hard.

That last bit was a bitch but you ran outside and died and I tried to run over there to revive you and died in the process because they literally say there is no cover. >_>
If we both die we have to restart there is NO checkpoints in that mode.

At least I got somewhat comfortable with the attack choppers. Default controls and I'm not too sure about it in multiplayer games just yet but now I guess that leaves being comfortable in the jets.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Dude. DUUUUUUUUUDE. Hard mode = Increased damage + bleedout time. If I go down, that circle prompt is a cue to run your ass over. >_> I went with Hard because you said you didn't care whichever and I want to clear the mission Dream and I stopped at on Hard.

That last bit was a bitch but you ran outside and died and I tried to run over there to revive you and died in the process because they literally say there is no cover. >_>
If we both die we have to restart there is NO checkpoints in that mode.

At least I got somewhat comfortable with the attack choppers. Default controls and I'm not too sure about it in multiplayer games just yet but now I guess that leaves being comfortable in the jets.

That was an accident, I'm sorry... they rushed in and I wasn't prepared, and there was no cover at all. We were so close. Also, I revived your ass quite a few times brother.

But for some reason anytime I went down I was D.E.A.D. no chance for revive. *sigh*

Edit: anyway thanks for playing with me. you got me the REX! I guess points count even when you fission mail.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
That was an accident, I'm sorry... they rushed in and I wasn't prepared, and there was no cover at all. We were so close. Also, I revived your ass quite a few times brother.

But for some reason anytime I went down I was D.E.A.D. no chance for revive. *sigh*

Dude there was a few times (like that second part of "on point") where I'm sitting there bleeding out and you're focusing on enemies. I'm sitting there firing on you since FF = on trying to get your attention. :lol

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Dude there was a few times (like that second part of "on point") where I'm sitting there bleeding out and you're focusing on enemies. I'm sitting there firing on you since FF = on trying to get your attention. :lol

I knew you were down, but no use reviving your ass if the zone is still too hot. I try and clear a few enemies and then get to you. It worked most of the time.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
I knew you were down, but no use reviving your ass if the zone is still too hot. I try and clear a few enemies and then get to you. It worked most of the time.

Yeah, but bleedout is a bit more important than safety. If it's like U2/Gears once the other person is revived damage is removed. I ran my ass out in the line of fire to get you at times because Hard is hard only in the damage increase sense. So we have to be a LOT more careful in that area.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Yeah, but bleedout is a bit more important than safety. If it's like U2/Gears once the other person is revived damage is removed. I ran my ass out in the line of fire to get you at times because Hard is hard only in the damage increase sense. So we have to be a LOT more careful in that area.

My final word on it is: you did not once bleed out. I got you every time. The only time I didn't, the zone was too hot and I got picked off during the revive.

But I agree we should be more careful... it's a matter of knowing what's coming as well. This was my first time on the level. Every new section was a surprise. I improved with each attempt. Save the last, but I was getting tired. lol

Miggytronz

OK so im now getting 0 pop in, amazing looking game and a functional HD pack. If your getting crazy pop in on XBOX do this guys.

Uninstall everything if you already have.
Install HD pack alone and make sure it doesnt reboot the install.
then install the disk.

Enjoy!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mikasangelos said:
OK so im now getting 0 pop in, amazing looking game and a functional HD pack. If your getting crazy pop in on XBOX do this guys.

Uninstall everything if you already have.
Install HD pack alone and make sure it doesnt reboot the install.
then install the disk.

Enjoy!

Yeah, that's what I had before. Game ran excellent and looked fantastic.

JJD

I'm glad Seks and Evolved are learning the chopper. We need more pilots! They are essential in big maps like Caspian, especially on conquest. I lost a round with Olimpia today in Caspian by less than 30 tickets and one of the main reasons was a great chopper pilot on the other team.

Bruiserk

JJD said:
I'm glad Seks and Evolved are learning the chopper. We need more pilots! They are essential in big maps like Caspian, especially on conquest. I lost a round with Olimpia today in Caspian by less than 30 tickets and one of the main reasons was a great chopper pilot on the other team.

I've gotten pretty decent at it as well btw.

JJD

Bruiserk said:
I've gotten pretty decent at it as well btw.

I still don't have you on my friend list! May I add you?

I played one game with you, Farlaghghgh (don't remember his name!) and some other gaffer, and while I was in other squad you guys were really good! :)

Bruiserk

JJD said:
I still don't have you on my friend list! May I add you?

I played one game with you, Farlaghghgh (don't remember his name!) and some other gaffer, and while I was in other squad you guys were really good! :)

PSN: Bruiserk

DarkFlow

Banned
JJD said:
I'm pretty good with jets, Just got rocket pods for ground attacks. Helps a ton taking out tanks and troops.

JJD

DarkFlow83 said:
I'm pretty good with jets, Just got rocket pods for ground attacks. Helps a ton taking out tanks and troops.

That's great! I'm adding you too if you have a spot in your friends list!

TheSeks

Dream, dude, seriously: WTF?

I swim a marathon and stealth insert at the BACK of the first set base for Operation Metro. Literally skimming the out of bounds and stealth takedown a sniper and another dude. Go sit near the rock.

"Surely Dream will spawn as recon and spawn beacon this point to let the cavalry come in and sweep across the base to A."

Support, support, support, support, support.

I'm like "WTF, dude!? You generally spawn recon when I want you to be something else and now all of a sudden you're doing something else when I want you to be a recon!?" *mind boggles*

Also that team was really good, I have to give them props for holding that first set and making us work across the map on their turn to attack but man it was frustrating. I'm sitting there being mown from every direction while trying to set up a defense to where I pretty much had to resort to rocket spam to get them out of places.

B last set is in the open. If people remove most of the cover or cover most of the points there it's really hard for them to get to. It's just a matter of once they get there and arming, we're fucked. :/

Calion

TheSeks said:
Also that team was really good, I have to give them props for holding that first set and making us work across the map on their turn to attack but man it was frustrating. I'm sitting there being mown from every direction while trying to set up a defense to where I pretty much had to resort to rocket spam to get them out of places.

Yeah, they definitely were. I was rarely breaking even those games. : /

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Yeah, they definitely were. I was rarely breaking even those games. : /

You don't even have most of the unlocks yet, do you? Once I get the UAV replacement on recon I'm going to start using the other classes.

I need to join a random public game one of these days and beat someone to the helicopter punch now that I'm sort of comfortable flying them. I got an airkill on Dramavand Peak with it circling the humvee that came down. Was really ballsy and made me feel good about suddenly clicking with the default pilot controls.

DarkFlow

Banned
So I drove a Humvee over the edge of Dramavand Peak. Even had a gunner shooting rounds out as we did a few flips before we bailed and pulled the cord. Man that was kinda fun.

Ketch

That last game of rush on the night city map was the worst lag fest every. shitty ass lag ruining everything! get out of here.

CatPee

Only until tonight did I realize how truly terribly designed the last part of Op Metro is.
LLShC.gif

Bruiserk

EasyTGT said:
That last game of rush on the night city map was the worst lag fest every. shitty ass lag ruining everything! get out of here.

Can't believe you switched teams. We almost took that base to with me and Far's concentrated push.

Top Bottom