• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I see you have a problem.

I know, its real shitty, i just want to play the game properly, when i play with my friends its not BAD, but everyone kinda does their own thing, theres no teamwork 99% of the time, i would love to have an organised squad that i got along with but also kicked ass with, you know what i mean?

Because I'm bored:
Things I hate:
  • The legion of SKS recons who think they have mastered the class, even though they can't even put down a single motion sensor/beacon.
  • The legion of shotgun assaults, who can't dish out a med pack even if 5 med-cross icons are around them.
  • High level cowards who run with low level tags with no pride.
  • People who go out of their way to knife people and then think they're special (they are, in the mentally handicapped way.)
  • People who have higher assault/engineer/support/recon scores, but less than half of my heal/revive/repair/resupply/sensor/spawn #s
  • People who still only know how to use the MAV for ramming people.
  • People who forget they can spot things in vehicles.
  • People who don't read their mini-map.
  • People who camp spawn beacons.
  • People who spawn on beacons even though they are camped.
  • People who runs out of the cave on the last set of dpeak defense.
  • People who sit in tanks next to A and then watch last set of dpeak A get armed anyway(not referring to GAF, but it's mind blowing how often this happens.)
  • People who can't pull themselves away from pointless points of fire.
  • People who leaves me with their crappy INRV weapons for pickup.
  • People who are usually far away from the objective when the objective is in danger.

• people who aren't an engineer and are your gunner and instead of staying in the vehicle, they bail at the first sign of danger while you're repairing.
Evolved is such a pussy... :/

In fact I did that repair tool kill LIKE A BOSS MAN on the AMTRAC. But Faceless and others have gotten it with an enemy T-UGS/MAV or whatever laying around.

And DM mode isn't hard. Just get a good team which is the issue.
i did it on a real vehicle on PS3 and on an enemy kit on 360.

and you really don't need a good squad in SDM, just the luck of getting the vehicle and a good gunner.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wait, you can torch kit items and get credit for the assignment?

Also... thanks Dream, I will definitely take you up on the offer... I need help!!!

Wait, you can torch kit items and get credit for the assignment?

Also... thanks Dream, I will definitely take you up on the offer... I need help!!!

Yes, repair tool a TUGS or a spawn beacon. I, on the other hand, had to do it the old fashioned way.....

I strafed a tank with my chopper, got shot out of the chopper, fired an RPG into the tank on the way down, then finished said tank off with my repair tool. No sweat.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i can help if you are a ps3 man!

Awesome. Add me... we will get it set up for when the 3 of us are online.

Also... much of gaf isn't even playing these days, so more BF3 players are good to have! And since my games lately are starting to be mostly with randoms, that bloated w/l % is beginning to wane. haha.

I'm trying to be less frustrated by randoms and losses. I just do my best, whatever is in my power, and if it leads to a loss... well... did my best. One guy, or two guys, cannot beat a team alone. I've always taken losses personally, but I'm trying not to. Since most of my wins are thanks to gaf. And my losses are most often the result of bad teammates.

Battlefield really is a team game. So, I'm not shouldering losses or wins myself.

I used to think w/l was the most important stat... but really... most stats are pretty pointless. Because so much of it is based on one's teammates. Dream has a good idea of checking people's heals, revives, repairs, and such. I often look at the flag attacker medals... but it's all pretty hit or miss.

Play smart and try to win. That's all you can really do.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Also... much of gaf isn't even playing these days, so more BF3 players are good to have! And since my games lately are starting to be mostly with randoms, that bloated w/l % is beginning to wane. haha.

I'm trying to be less frustrated by randoms and losses. I just do my best, whatever is in my power, and if it leads to a loss... well... did my best. One guy, or two guys, cannot beat a team alone. I've always taken losses personally, but I'm trying not to. Since most of my wins are thanks to gaf. And my losses are most often the result of bad teammates.

Battlefield really is a team game. So, I'm not shouldering losses or wins myself.

I used to think w/l was the most important stat... but really... most stats are pretty pointless. Because so much of it is based on one's teammates. Dream has a good idea of checking people's heals, revives, repairs, and such. I often look at the flag attacker medals... but it's all pretty hit or miss.

what be your PSNTAG?

My philosophy is simple.
Have a good mix of offensive + defensive type players+ptfo = win.
you know that already.

Same as my gaf handle. :)

I wont be on tonight though...

Dream! I missed out!? Crap!

We can always do it again tomorrow night

I guess someone like me? I have the default tag with just my gamertag and a blank 2nd tag. And yes, I want someone to be very disappointed with their trophy.

I don't really care about the "trophies".

It's just that it kills any sort of respect/pride/wonder when I get killed by an opponent.
Instead of saying "oh man, that guy is a handgun master who also use to be a BC2 vet", now I just go "oh, here comes another pride less person who is too worried about his precious tags."

At least run with the free giveaway tags, so I can keep up my obscure and unreal fantasies about people ("that dude loves the Syndicate!")

Rikyfree

It's just that it kills any sort of respect/pride/wonder when I get killed by an opponent.
Instead of saying "oh man, that guy is a handgun master who also use to be a BC2 vet", now I just go "oh, here comes another pride less person who is too worried about his precious tags."

At least run with the free giveaway tags, so I can keep up my obscure and unreal fantasies about people ("that dude loves the Syndicate!")

I'm pretty new to this game and even I can agree with this. Not choosing tags over b/c of some childish reason is petty to me.

Ocho

What do you mean? We lose our tags when we get knifed?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I guess someone like me? I have the default tag with just my gamertag and a blank 2nd tag. And yes, I want someone to be very disappointed with their trophy.

Pfft. I'm not like Dream. I just call you a skill-less newbie that sucks and move one while having you see me tea bag you with "MVP #1/Are those Subtitles(Tongue-in-cheek joke)" tags and watch you fail to get me.

@Faceless: To be fair, the Syndicate and Mass Effect 3 ones are actually kinda cool (I liked the blood-splattered ME3 one, personally) over the Dr. Pepper ones (outside of trolling with "FRIDAY! FUN FUN FUN!") and a few of the Act of Valor ones.

wtf... I thought spawn times were the same for every mode. that just shows how short they are anyways, I cant believe ppl make a fuss about spawn times in this game!

5 seconds in Rush and Babby mode.
3 seconds in TDM (and possibly SDM)

TheSeks

I wish the console versions had BF1942/BF2/2042/Vietnam tags. WHY.jpg aren't they in the console version, DICE?! I want to lord over 1942 tags on people.
No I don't. Subtitle tags for lyfe

Kak.efes

I need a helicopter gunner who has thermal unlocked, I'm tired of randoms who don't spot, don't gun affectively, and just sit there while I do everything. If you're interested, let me know. Send me your PSN handle, etc. If you can pilot effectively, I have no problem being the gunner either.

I used to update my tags regularly with each rank, until when I reached Colonel they were in a different place rather than sequential. I don't pay any attention to what the tags I take are. I guess I was right that others do and get hurt when they aren't fancy. I was banned when this happened so I couldn't brag about it, but I killed faceless in a match, and if I could get that on a dogtag, I'd wear it forever.

I used to update my tags regularly with each rank, until when I reached Colonel they were in a different place rather than sequential. I don't pay any attention to what the tags I take are. I guess I was right that others do and get hurt when they aren't fancy. I was banned when this happened so I couldn't brag about it, but I killed faceless in a match, and if I could get that on a dogtag, I'd wear it forever.

This isn't even about knifing. It's about showing at least some basic pride on yourself (when I view you on my kill cam.)
A blank or deliberately low tag on my opponent just tells me "I take no pride in myself, and I'm so very afraid of losing my tags."
I am not hurt if people don't wear a "fancy" tag. I just don't have any respect for them, hence the "people I hate".
Like I said, people can wear the most basic giveaway tags like "BC2" and that would still show more than something completely blank.

As to whether that would actually "hurt" anyone? Don't know, since I don't actively waste time pursuing tags.
Although I'm sure Seks would know...*whistle*

i have my Snakebite-Glock tags to really annoy people who find themselves on the receiving end :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Noisepurge/iteminfo/g17c/174628262/ps3/

and yeah! it's annoying that BF3 does not do anything with the BF Veteran program :( Where are my Garands and Thompsons and that pretty Veteran number in the scoreboard stating my level :(

TheSeks

Don't know, since I don't actively waste time pursuing tags.
Although I'm sure Seks would know...*whistle*

Damn right. I'm going to run across the map and multikill people with the knife. I've done a bunch of killstreaks on unsuspecting people because they don't notice until it's too late and I've killed 3-4 others right behind them with the knife. It's hilarious at times.

Because I'm bored:
Things I hate:
  • The legion of SKS recons who think they have mastered the class, even though they can't even put down a single motion sensor/beacon.
  • The legion of shotgun assaults, who can't dish out a med pack even if 5 med-cross icons are around them.
  • High level cowards who run with low level tags with no pride.
  • People who go out of their way to knife people and then think they're special (they are, in the mentally handicapped way.)
  • People who have higher assault/engineer/support/recon scores, but less than half of my heal/revive/repair/resupply/sensor/spawn #s
  • People who still only know how to use the MAV for ramming people.
  • People who forget they can spot things in vehicles.
  • People who don't read their mini-map.
  • People who camp spawn beacons.
  • People who spawn on beacons even though they are camped.

Awesome list. Even though I am playing on PC, the people who do not know how to spot, do not read the chat and do not know how or deny to use the defibrillator, piss me off in unbelievable amounts.

Dr Prob

Banned
Never really put much thought into the dogtag thing. Just figured most people didn't care/want to be bothered. Most of the time they don't even load on the select screen.

You may be gazing too deeply into this my man.

Set mine to whatever the latest rank is though, so I'm solid!

Never really put much thought into the dogtag thing. Just figured most people didn't care/want to be bothered. Most of the time they don't even load on the select screen.

You may be gazing too deeply into this my man.

Set mine to whatever the latest rank is though, so I'm solid!

Seeing 1 or 2, you can assume most people don't want to be bothered.
When you start seeing 4-5 people doing it per game, it's no longer all innocent.

Overthinking is the only pleasure of my life.

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/why-do-you-have-blank-dog-tags.3579/

Overdoziz

Banned
This isn't even about knifing. It's about showing at least some basic pride on yourself (when I view you on my kill cam.)
A blank or deliberately low tag on my opponent just tells me "I take no pride in myself, and I'm so very afraid of losing my tags."
I am not hurt if people don't wear a "fancy" tag. I just don't have any respect for them, hence the "people I hate".
Like I said, people can wear the most basic giveaway tags like "BC2" and that would still show more than something completely blank.
itdcPZHAdBSBj.gif

TheSeks

PSN maintenance fail

Not like it effects me. My connection is going to be screwed until the end of next month, apparently. :/

On the bright side, I can start to pay dream back. Dream, I'll let you know when I got some money in my hand about paying you back.

vixlar

Guys, I have a question:

Why sometimes a car-like icon pops on the head of some players? I think it is with engineers. Like if would ask them something with the comm button, but I don't know what.

Thanks.

MrBig

Guys, I have a question:

Why sometimes a car-like icon pops on the head of some players? I think it is with engineers. Like if would ask them something with the comm button, but I don't know what.

Thanks.

They are requesting to get into your vehicle, by spotting you.

I hate that Dice doesn't bother to tell people this, I hate requesting to get in a tank and the driver just rolls off

I don't understand why people ignore the voice shouting, "Can I get some ammo?!" Perhaps people haven't switched their voice preference, or just like hearing, "teninch storjhana" (or whatever it is). I spam health and ammo boxes just because it's FREE POINTS.

I wish the game had proximity voice.

vixlar

They are requesting to get into your vehicle, by spotting you.

I hate that Dice doesn't bother to tell people this, I hate requesting to get in a tank and the driver just rolls off

But I can see that icon on his head when I'm on foot :-s

BoatAck

I WISH people spent half the time spotting. no one ever fucking spots on 360 (by this I mean about 75% of the community)

I found it more difficult to hold the left stick and the select/back button on the 360 at the same time without contorting my thumb. It's much easier to keep the middle of your thumb on the stick while spamming the select button on PS3.

Top Bottom