• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

It's funny how many people tried using c4 for the destruction.

I got a crapload just from mortar strikes on nelson bay and arica conquest

Ocho

I remember a bunch of gaffers helped me get my last 5 destruction kills by luring people into a building for my c4 ownage. I only remember evolved as being one of those.

With knives I boosted with another friend in a random match.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol I boosted knives with I think Olimpia and a french dude and like 2-4 other people (maybe GAF) before Squad Rush was totally open to the public since it was a pre-order bonus in BC2.

Glad I did because doing "run across enemy lines to someone" for Toda was annoying as hell and I'm NEVER doing that shit again.

olimpia84 said:
I remember boosting for the destruction trophy with NoStyle and some other random people.

Duuuuude, all I did was White Pass Babby mode and C4 trapped the building near the "cliff" of B. You could generally catch a squad up there.

It took me an afternoon or two AT MOST to get the 20 <D 2.0>'s which wasn't that bad. I really don't get why some people have a huge problem with it since <D 2.0>'ing buildings was easy once you knew the 4-5 C4 trick to blow it in one hit and if you had a recon teammate helping you you'd know which to rig to blow provided they didn't hear you setting up in there.

I have 275 kills with it, have everything unlocked. It just never clicked with me though. PKP is the most fun gun for me in this class. Clearing out whole squads with that 200 clip magazine never gets old. I also have more success with teh M27 for run and gun. Love its quick reload time.

I can not stand the PKP. That recoil is too insane for me and I call it trash because of that. Some of PC-GAF scoffed at me for that and said "use the suppressor/foregrip combo" which I did
to get the unlocks
before they nerfed that combo which made it manageable, but why choose those and that gun when I can just get the MG36 or any other LMG and have a more manageable time and can pick other things in those slots than those?

Seriously though, put some time into the MG 36 and you'll have a highly mobile hellfire soldier. It's crazy. I've held B on Bazaar Babby mode by myself before with randoms and a friend non-GAF doing whatever the hell and I just ADS with no bipod deployment and shot 5-15 people per reload.

I remember boosting for the destruction trophy with NoStyle and some other random people. In the end, I think I ended up having enough legit demo kills by just playing the game but it would have taken me close to 1000 hours since I never got that lucky with those.

Speaking of trophies, I still need to attempt the Co-op and single player for BF3. I'm so not looking forward to them but I really want to platinum this game.

other than the sniper mission, co-op cheevos aren't terrible... i still haven't touched single player.

About the singleplayer trophies of BF3, they aren't very hard, but at least two of them are very annoying (specially the wingman one), so if you're going to Platinum the game, be ready for some serious trolling by DICE lol. And if anyone needs help with the coop trophies (PS3 version) just PM or send a message to me in the PSN (same as my user here).

For me the most annoying trophy of BC2 was the 5 knife kills of someone of the friendlist, but in my case I arranged it with my brother and after a few tries we did a gentleman exchange of stabs in Arica Squad DM.

By the way, I lurk too much around here (I'm becoming too shy or too lazy to post :3), but as always when I play with you guys great games :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
other than the sniper mission, co-op cheevos aren't terrible... i still haven't touched single player.

It's kinda horrid at times, and sometimes kinda fun, and other times really freakin' hard. I'm legitimately stuck in SP right now. Getting swarmed in an area with no cover and all I have is my MP7 and a sniper rifle. And it's so dark you cannot see shit. So often in the game you just cannot see shit. Sometimes that's a cool fog of war effect, but in this instance it's getting me killed over and over. :/

I'm not even playing on hard... no idea who this game was made for. A guy who's played 1000's of hours of battlefield is totally stuck on normal difficulty. Doesn't seem right. (after making this post i will probably pass it on next attempt haha)

It's kinda horrid at times, and sometimes kinda fun, and other times really freakin' hard. I'm legitimately stuck in SP right now. Getting swarmed in an area with no cover and all I have is my MP7 and a sniper rifle. And it's so dark you cannot see shit. So often in the game you just cannot see shit. Sometimes that's a cool fog of war effect, but in this instance it's getting me killed over and over. :/

I'm not even playing on hard... no idea who this game was made for. A guy who's played 1000's of hours of battlefield is totally stuck on normal difficulty. Doesn't seem right. (after making this post i will probably pass it on next attempt haha)

The dark underground shooting range?

That part is annoying as heck, and required time, patience and a lot of prone to get through (on hard difficulty)

Evolved1

That part is annoying as heck, and required time, patience and a lot of prone to get through (on hard difficulty)

Actually I'm not even there yet... I'm on some nighttime sniping mission. We just captured/killed some guy and now I have to cover my bro while we're overrun by annoying bitches coming from different directions. I spend more time reloading than I do shooting... last time I thought I was going to get through it, but the car I was behind (the only cover) exploded and killed me. :/

Actually I'm not even there yet... I'm on some nighttime sniping mission. We just captured/killed some guy and now I have to cover my bro while we're overrun by annoying bitches coming from different directions. I spend more time reloading than I do shooting... last time I thought I was going to get through it, but the car I was behind (the only cover) exploded and killed me. :/

Oh that.

Tip:
1)Your bro won't ever actually die. So ignore him.
2)The game, unlike Cod does not have infinite enemy, so pop one head at a time till the game tells you to move.
3)Stay behind the car and just explode the car yourself first. You can still use the wreckage as cover.
4) The store signs/posts between the car and the exist are actually good covers.

Evolved1

Oh that.

Tip:
1)Your bro won't ever actually die. So ignore him.
2)The game, unlike Cod does not have infinite enemy, so pop one head at a time till the game tells you to move.
3)Stay behind the car and just explode the car yourself first. You can still use the wreckage as cover.
4) The store signs/posts between the car and the exist are actually good covers.

Dude, seriously?

haha... this game is retarded.

Also, #3 was a damn good idea, and I'm kinda embarrassed for not thinking of it myself.

If anyone else wants to work on attempting the co-op trophies, all I need is the sniping one and "ninjas" for my Platinum. PSN ID is kurisub for any of you that don't have me on your friend's list.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

GAH, i need to get that trophy for all the headshots but i know it'll take ages... Just got the wingman one, that took 6 attempts lol, every time having to go through the cutscenes was traumatic, 90% of the way to a platinum...AWW YEAH

Marco1

I am struggling to see anything in this game unless it is in my face.
The screen is far to busy on the xbox 360.
It really is a game that needs new hardware.

Rubbish King

tumblr_m0f55scWAv1qmwb38.gif

Finally got the platinum!! COME AT ME BRO! only took a few days ^^

This I learned:

Real snipe (a family of shorebirds) are difficult to catch for experienced hunters, so much so that the word "sniper" is derived from it to refer to anyone skilled enough to shoot one.

SNIPE: Any of various long-billed shore birds of the genus Gallinago or Capella. A sniper was original someone who hunted snipe. A snipe isn't a particularly meaty bird, or a good-tasting one at that. It's uniqueness is in that of it's ability to escape hunters. It's ocnsidered one of the hardest small-prey to hit. So called "snipers" originally hunted the bird for practice, for bigger game. Eventually, many a hunter targetted the bird for honor and bragging rights, and this lead to sniping tournaments.

Brings a whole new level of meaning to "I can't snipe for shit."

TheSeks

Does anyone?

I do. It can be a relaxing downtime mode and the majority of the base maps actually work for it pretty well. B2K's maps, not too much... (But in opposition those work for non-TDM modes pretty well while Vanilla not so much)

SDM wasn't bad in BC2 but in BF3 it's just bad from the little I've played of it. Mostly because the tank spawns are really too far for most of the action (thereby giving one team that camps easy access) and there really is no point to using the AT mines when you're out in the open on most of said maps. Whereas in BC2 you could throw a mine or two out and get back into cover quickly.

I do. It can be a relaxing downtime mode and the majority of the base maps actually work for it pretty well. B2K's maps, not too much... (But in opposition those work for non-TDM modes pretty well while Vanilla not so much)

SDM wasn't bad in BC2 but in BF3 it's just bad from the little I've played of it. Mostly because the tank spawns are really too far for most of the action (thereby giving one team that camps easy access) and there really is no point to using the AT mines when you're out in the open on most of said maps. Whereas in BC2 you could throw a mine or two out and get back into cover quickly.

it's all about RPG/SMAW against the tanks... smoke makes it hard to hit with a Javelin and if the tank driver is careful, C4 is a tough option.

Evolved1

This I learned:

Brings a whole new level of meaning to "I can't snipe for shit."

The bolded portion... really bad grammar. lol.

I am terrible at any kind of deathmatch mode. I hate respawns. The original Socom games had a suppression mode that was basically TDM, sans respawns and I loved that shit. But vanilla TDM or any kind of DM I generally suck really bad. My brain just isn't designed for TDM.

TheSeks

it's all about RPG/SMAW against the tanks... smoke makes it hard to hit with a Javelin and if the tank driver is careful, C4 is a tough option.

I guess. I just have been unimpressed with SDM in BF3 anytime I've played it whereas I tolerated it (but didn't particuarly enjoy it, similar to Conquest in BC2) in BC2. I think it's because the maps were a little smaller and there was more cover/foliage to get through/around to where you weren't in the open for very long until the destruction started to abuse the map.

And the LAV isn't a Bradley, which annoys me. :( I was a Bradley KING in BC2.

Evolved1

I need 5 wins in one of those DM modes to unlock a weapon... (can't recall the specifics of the assignment) are any of you gaffers willing to help me out? I really do not want to do it with randoms. I'd like to play 5 matches, get 5 wins, and then never play the mode again. lol.

Kinda want to try out the weapon. Also... anyone willing to let me kill them in a vehicle w/ a repair tool? I want the goddamn weapon, and can't seem to get it in reg play. There are tons of empty servers w/ 2 man starts. We could do the kill really fast and then quit.

Let me know. Wouldn't be today, since I have family over... but sometime soon.

TheSeks

Evolved is such a pussy... :/

In fact I did that repair tool kill LIKE A BOSS MAN on the AMTRAC. But Faceless and others have gotten it with an enemy T-UGS/MAV or whatever laying around.

And DM mode isn't hard. Just get a good team which is the issue.

OG Kush

Just realised yesterday that the SAIGA is a beast. Lately I've been trying a lot of new weapons and play styles as it adds a new level of fun to the game. Only downside is that it whenever I want to try an aggressive recon with bolt-action rifle it takes so many kills just to get the bloody RDS/holo

I need 5 wins in one of those DM modes to unlock a weapon... (can't recall the specifics of the assignment) are any of you gaffers willing to help me out? I really do not want to do it with randoms. I'd like to play 5 matches, get 5 wins, and then never play the mode again. lol.

Kinda want to try out the weapon. Also... anyone willing to let me kill them in a vehicle w/ a repair tool? I want the goddamn weapon, and can't seem to get it in reg play. There are tons of empty servers w/ 2 man starts. We could do the kill really fast and then quit.

Let me know. Wouldn't be today, since I have family over... but sometime soon.

We can do it later. Although you'll need 2 more people.

As for repair, we can talk about it later.

Rubbish King

Any PS3 players lurking or posting here that will play with me?, the thing is that i dont use a mic and talk through the chat on there as its unreliable as fuck, i use skype but i would use steam chat or whatever services that be freeeee :D ... Just to describe my play style im not a total noob/fool but im not a very serious player either... i play to win but i dont get bummed out if i dont, I play mostly Conquest and Rush.... also im yet to have a GAF gamer buddy :p

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Any PS3 players lurking or posting here that will play with me?, the thing is that i dont use a mic and talk through the chat on there as its unreliable as fuck, i use skype but i would use steam chat or whatever services that be freeeee :D ... Just to describe my play style im not a total noob/fool but im not a very serious player either... i play to win but i dont get bummed out if i dont, I play mostly Conquest and Rush.... also im yet to have a GAF gamer buddy :P
I see you have a problem.
Anyway... that said, GAF is really good:

7rau2.jpg

OG Kush

I currently enjoy it more then coq or rush. Mainly because of the short spawn times and the relaxing pace. Rush is a chore and coq ... has long spawn times and I do not have PSN fellows to teamplay.

wtf... I thought spawn times were the same for every mode. that just shows how short they are anyways, I cant believe ppl make a fuss about spawn times in this game!

GenericUser

wtf... I thought spawn times were the same for every mode.
no no, they differ, they differ a lot actually.

that just shows how short they are anyways, I cant believe ppl make a fuss about spawn times in this game!

I don't know. You know, in my life, I always prefered fast shooters ( like Q3 or UT) over slower paced shooters (CS or Rainbow Six). It's just in my genes, every second matters. I am almost at my boiling point sometimes in coq, when I have to watch that scrub that just killed me and then again, waiting for that timer to count down from 5 to 0 until I am finally able to respawn.

I mean, at the end, being forced to watch the killcam and waiting for respawn, is downtime. Time that I do not spend playing the game, instead just waiting for something to happen. Thats not something I want to have in my precious free time.

Top Bottom