• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I seriously doubt I'll get it. My PS3 clan had a BFBC2 night the other night, and it just reinforced that BFBC2 was a way better MP game than BF3.

Better controls... and no jets!

i'm probably buying the DLC eventually.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Whats the problem with jets?

Good pilot can dominate with anti-air not being able to touch them either due to flares or under the radar fucking with stingers or ECM.

Whereas the Helicopters have a bit more difficulty with evading due to the tilt/no lock-on the tilt to where they're easy to crash compared to a jet.

Jet needs one strafe-run and a good bead on a target to take a tank out.

Good pilot can dominate with anti-air not being able to touch them either due to flares or under the radar fucking with stingers or ECM.

Whereas the Helicopters have a bit more difficulty with evading due to the tilt/no lock-on the tilt to where they're easy to crash compared to a jet.

Jet needs one strafe-run and a good bead on a target to take a tank out.

I just don't see jets being the problem. I see taking out the jets the problem. They definitely screwed that up with the most recent update. But, I think jets are just fine being in the game.

Foil

I seriously doubt I'll get it. My PS3 clan had a BFBC2 night the other night, and it just reinforced that BFBC2 was a way better MP game than BF3.

Yeah, I've also gone back to BC2, Vietnam, and 1943. I'm having a far more enjoyable time with those games. Atleast when it comes to the PS3. The controls and weapon/vehicle balance are far better in the other games. Top if off with the fact that I hate the majority of the custom servers in BF3. Almost everything about BF3 rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I'm shocked that I still keep coming back to BF3 in a sad attempt to salvage some sort of enjoyment from the game.

BC2 just feels like a better and more enjoyable product, even with the many issues that it's known for. Such as the chopper rape on Oasis which still happens all the time. But I could rant all day long about that.

Yeah, I've also gone back to BC2, Vietnam, and 1943. I'm having a far more enjoyable time with those games. Atleast when it comes to the PS3. The controls and weapon/vehicle balance are far better in the other games. Top if off with the fact that I hate the majority of the custom servers in BF3. Almost everything about BF3 rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I'm shocked that I still keep coming back to BF3 in a sad attempt to salvage some sort of enjoyment from the game.

BC2 just feels like a better and more enjoyable product, even with the many issues that it's known for. Such as the chopper rape on Oasis which still happens all the time. But I could rant all day long about that.
Yeah BC2 did have three main problems (front on knifing was way OP, quick-scoping, and no decent counter to chopper) but only the choppers were a huge issue. Everything else was great. In comparison to BF3 the maps, controls, destructibility, clipping, audio, unlocks, weapon balance, and class balance are all much better in BC2.

TheSeks

Well, Faceless and myself will have to troll with it a few times. >:D

I imagine most of you guys have already seen this:

PS3 Gaf, what's your instance in this package? Are you guys getting it?

I'm not proud to admit that I'll buy it. It's 15 bucks per map pack if you disregard B2K which most of us already own. I would probably get then all without the extras.

I hope enough of you guys bite the bullet, I'm not looking forward to play mostly with randoms.

I've been playing Diablo a lot lately, and Max Payne too but I'm missing steamrolling with GAF.

Back to Karkland itself is only 15.99.
Assuming the 4 other packs are all the same price, that's only a saving of $4 dollars for the those of us that has karkland already. You're also not accounting potential discounts for those of us with PS+.

Personally, I would wait it out and see what the "premium contents" are and how the maps work out. Otherwise it's not really worth my money. The BF3 maps are really boring -_-.

Again, if this was a bc2 expansion, they can take my money and my car.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Annnnd we (me, olimpia, JM[ & Evolved) got banned from a server.. I got a message saying "ha ha cheater" =/

They had all flags... note the word "had" =)

Also we stole their tank

olimpia84

Annnnd we (me, olimpia, JM[ & Evolved) got banned from a server.. I got a message saying "ha ha cheater" =/

Also we stole their tank

I only got kicked so I re-joined the game to claim my win. After that I got a message from the admin asking me why I came back after I got kicked, so I replied asking him why in the first place I was banned. He said "u know why" so I don't know what the heck he was talking about. It's funny because they had a 4 man advantage for most of the game and they still didn't win.

Also, Cod, I don't know why you were ignoring me but you need to be more aggressive. We were lucky that they sucked so we managed to come back but against a better team you can't have any mercy on them.

Xux

Aw this game has admins now? I was thinking about playing this game again 'cause I heard they added Kit Shortcuts but now I kinda don't want to.

Also we stole their tank

i got banned from a Canals only server this afternoon. i guess the other team didn't like me taking out their tanks and vodniks at the start of the match with a Little Bird

UFRA

Why don't you guys play on botack's server more? It's pretty populated most of the time.

That's where I play 100% of the time when I'm by myself.

Otherwise I just join wherever the most GAF members are.

After we all got kicked from that one dude's server, I tried to stir up some business in your GAF server dreamy, but we had no luck (only 3 of us).

Killed a guy 9 times (finished 10-2) in a row and he sent me a message calling me the N word. Never in my life would I thought I'd be called that. =/

How much is Close Quarters gonna cost?

Overdoziz

Banned
I got banned yesterday for... ehm.. killing the admin? I honestly don't know. My team was winning and I was at the top of the leaderboards so maybe that was it? It's so dumb.

Rebel Leader

I only got kicked so I re-joined the game to claim my win. After that I got a message from the admin asking me why I came back after I got kicked, so I replied asking him why in the first place I was banned. He said "u know why" so I don't know what the heck he was talking about. It's funny because they had a 4 man advantage for most of the game and they still didn't win.

Also, Cod, I don't know why you were ignoring me but you need to be more aggressive. We were lucky that they sucked so we managed to come back but against a better team you can't have any mercy on them.

Ignoreing..How?

my fav game mode is hardcore TDM snipers only. love that shit as a warmup.

50b5y.gif

Rebel Leader

6WZJj.gif

On another thought:
If you were using a mic I think I know why I wasn't listening. I may have had my chat volume low (uses turtle beach PX21)

Also mercy? We did all the work in previous games of which we were on their team.
--

Was the message from: Maverick_-42?

Holy crap [RP] has a very low W/L ratio.. only one of their members has a W/L ratio slightly higher than 1.0

That's where I play 100% of the time when I'm by myself.

Otherwise I just join wherever the most GAF members are.

After we all got kicked from that one dude's server, I tried to stir up some business in your GAF server dreamy, but we had no luck (only 3 of us).

I gave up on my server already.
You can't populate it unless there's already a crowd to begin with (so it floats to the top of the search.) or faking it as a dice server.

Just keeping it around for map testing + incase evolve need it for squad death match ribbon.

Evolved1

Rebel, was it those [RP] knuckleheads in the little birds that we were hunting with rpg's on that one canals game?

I can't recall...

You can't populate it unless there's already a crowd to begin with (so it floats to the top of the search.) or faking it as a dice server.

Just keeping it around for map testing + incase evolve need it for squad death match ribbon.

Haha... I've been pretty engrossed in DD the last few days. Don't keep the server up for me, since I can probably get most if this stuff the legit way if I really wanted it. It bothers me though that there are weapons in this game I haven't even tried yet because they're locked behind a wall of obnoxious carrot-on-a-stick tedium. Maybe some day...

OG Kush

haha i meant my *new* fav game mode, as of right now is TDM hardcore snipers... just kinda bored with the game a bit right now. Theres only so much i can take of these sub-par maps.

Evolved1

haha i meant my *new* fav game mode, as of right now is TDM hardcore snipers... just kinda bored with the game a bit right now. Theres only so much i can take of these sub-par maps.

I would play and have a lot of fun with that on an unranked server...

i hate that i will be buying that abortion.

I don't even know if I can buy this... since I'll be away at a marine science center for summer classes. Wont be back until the end of July. Is that too late to buy it?

JJD

Haha, after more than 600 hours on BC2 I started playing lone wolf sniper on rush hardcore pretty often when I couldn't find gaffers online!

It was so much fun! My stats took a nose dive as I wasn't giving a shit to anything besides having fun but I don't regret it!

Bro fist!

JJD

I don't even know if I can buy this... since I'll be away at a marine science center for summer classes. Wont be back until the end of July. Is that too late to buy it?

You will probably be able to buy it as soon as next week when the PSN store updates. Assuming you still want it!

olimpia84

I saw somebody glitching in Op Metro today. He was hiding inside the ceiling above the stairs in Bravo. Really annoying but I didn't care much as my team ended up winning by a landslide. I wonder how they got up there since MAV riding was fixed????

TheMan

hmm, could I use your server for helicopter training? what is it called?

TheSeks

I saw somebody glitching in Op Metro today. He was hiding inside the ceiling above the stairs in Bravo. Really annoying but I didn't care much as my team ended up winning by a landslide. I wonder how they got up there since MAV riding was fixed????

Hahahahahaha. No it hasn't. Unless a server-side hotfix fixed prone, which last I heard never happened.

Also HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW @ that "Elite" knock off clone. So you pay $50 to become what is a "VIP" bit for queues and get a few dogtags in addition to getting the maps a week earlier than PS3. WOW WHAT A DEAL!

Top Bottom