• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Hahahahahaha. No it hasn't. Unless a server-side hotfix fixed prone, which last I heard never happened.

Also HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW @ that "Elite" knock off clone. So you pay $50 to become what is a "VIP" bit for queues and get a few dogtags in addition to getting the maps a week earlier than PS3. WOW WHAT A DEAL!

I'm pretty sure it has been fixed. I don't see anybody using it anymore. Or at least, every single time that I have played Sharqui after the patch I didn't see any recons riding it to get on top of the buildings.

Anyways, I found the youtube video on how to do the glitch. You do need a MAV but you don't need to ride it, just hop on top of it to get inside a hole in the ceiling near the US spawn base.

god I miss the maps in bc2.
I don't want more indoor, tight corner junk dice.
Give me some open jungles or night snow level but - the choke points.

speaking of map glitches, you can get into that corner 3rd floor room on Metro on the far corner on the RU side if you go out the 3rd floor window near the metro station entrance if you go ontp the awnings and jump across them.

Hahahahahaha. No it hasn't. Unless a server-side hotfix fixed prone, which last I heard never happened.

Also HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW @ that "Elite" knock off clone. So you pay $50 to become what is a "VIP" bit for queues and get a few dogtags in addition to getting the maps a week earlier than PS3. WOW WHAT A DEAL!

yeah, their server side hotfix fixed prone MAV riding.

Flashlights now do damage over time, like a flamethrower.
^ Awesome
gZ5jm.gif

Somewhat reduced suppression effect

Since the last update, there has been an interesting debate on the increased suppression effect we introduced. While a lot of players like the increased effect and the possibilities it introduced, some players felt suppression was becoming too powerful. Now, we are dialing the suppression effect back a notch. It will still be higher than it was prior to any of our patches. Let us know what you think of this tweak.

:mad:

Who the hell liked the ridiculous suppression? Should just be reverted to launch settings.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, they apparently added color blind mode to consoles finally. Now if they would add text chat... *sigh*

I may download the patch and turn colorblind on just to see it since non-colorblind people like me seem to prefer it over the default on PC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You're a horrible person

I like stuff that attempts to add strategy and teamplay... 99.9% of shooters out there don't even consider suppression. Fix n' flank is basic fundamentals... at least DICE tried.

Evolved1

Why the hell can't we have acceleration and deadzone sliders?

That's what I want from a patch. It's not that goddamn hard. And the option to turn off the jets on custom servers.

Every patch is always a massive disappointment because of this.

I like stuff that attempts to add strategy and teamplay... 99.9% of shooters out there don't even consider suppression. Fix n' flank is basic fundamentals... at least DICE tried.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea as well. The increased effect and inaccuracy post-patch is what I hated.

I just feel they shouldn't have messed with things that weren't broken.

OG Kush

> 40mm smoke now stays longer again.

> Fixed so the weapon’s fire mode is saved between spawns.

Fucking ace.

but...
"We are not enforcing this symbol. Instead, the “§” is a manual optional flag you can set if you are a server admin and want players to know you are running custom rules. We hope this will make it easier for server admins to get the right players flocking to their servers, while players will more easily find the type of gaming experience they prefer. Let us know what you think"
Why the fuck is it optional? Why?! I hope the community is sane enought to actually activate it, but I don't trust the Bf3 community. Also why not just add in ticket count number into the server info..? makes no sense.

Mikey Jr.

but...
"We are not enforcing this symbol. Instead, the “§” is a manual optional flag you can set if you are a server admin and want players to know you are running custom rules. We hope this will make it easier for server admins to get the right players flocking to their servers, while players will more easily find the type of gaming experience they prefer. Let us know what you think"
Why the fuck is it optional? Why?! I hope the community is sane enought to actually activate it, but I don't trust the Bf3 community. Also why not just add in ticket count number into the server info..? makes no sense.

God damn DICE is so fucking stupid.

vixlar

And what about looking only for official servers?

Restricting weapons and vehicles by rules and not "you'll be kicked"

I like that now you preserve the fire option between spawns.

Well, let's see how it goes.. and look for new glitches, muahahaha.

So does 360 GAF have a server they use a lot? I added the one in the OP but never see any [GAF] tags in the match. It'd be nice to get back to playing with teammates after my usual posse has all dispersed to the latest, shiny thing.

So does 360 GAF have a server they use a lot? I added the one in the OP but never see any [GAF] tags in the match. It'd be nice to get back to playing with teammates after my usual posse has all dispersed to the latest, shiny thing.

Search for "Tango Down Gaming." At least a handful of 360 GAF nightly.

Mahonay

Banned
I'll remember that as well as I can. Setting "GAF" as your clan-tag is helpful.
Yep, that's what I did.

Been jumping on with a few people on the GAF BF3 friends list here and there. Completely turned the tides of a few games yesterday which I felt pretty good about. We also has an incredible squad going with everyone going for objectives and each of us using different squad perks.

Mahonay

Banned
Hey, even though some of DICE's decisions are odd at least the console version is getting pretty much equal attention as the PC counterpart, right? That tends to be pretty rare among PC centric games since it's such an incredible pain in the ass to get anything certified by Microsoft.

Let us not forgot the abomination that is Team Fortress 2 for the 360.

TheSeks

Let us not forgot the abomination that is Team Fortress 2 for the 360.

360 TF2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PC TF2. Pure fact due to the shitty class updates that RUINED the game along with the MMOFPS drop system.

TF2 360 was my go to FPS before BF1943 on PS3 and then making the jump to BF completely. TF2 on 360 was soooooo good. Until Valve added those class restrictions and it became "LOL NO SPY. EVERYONE ON THE ENEMY TEAM IS PYROS. SCREW FUN AND SKILL!"

Mahonay

Banned
360 TF2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PC TF2. Pure fact due to the shitty class updates that RUINED the game along with the MMOFPS drop system.

TF2 360 was my go to FPS before BF1943 on PS3 and then making the jump to BF completely. TF2 on 360 was soooooo good. Until Valve added those class restrictions and it became "LOL NO SPY. EVERYONE ON THE ENEMY TEAM IS PYROS. SCREW FUN AND SKILL!"
Hmm, I'll have to agree to disagree here. Having played a bunch of the PC/Mac version it's barely the same game. Definitely a fair opinion though if you liked it the way it was before.

TheSeks

I'd play TF2 PC if 1) I had a PC capable of running it without melting down and 2) the class updates were nuked from orbit. But the last time I fucked around on TF2 PC the community wanted the shitty unbalanced class updates (maybe they're more balanced now, but Valve completely soured on me on them with the initial launches. How did some of these get past testing with the balances they had!?) and no "classic"/vanilla servers that were populated. So fuck the PC version. At least on 360 I can host a server and kick (the non-patched because MS sucks) map-exploit abusers and have a general good time playing ALL classes (outside of demoman who I suck at) with the rest of the enemy not having to deal with the shitty class restrictions so they can unbalance as much as they want and no force a nature, axetingsher, jarate, etc. etc. etc. ... pushing through their engineer traps as a spy to get the intel to run it through the gauntlet of machine guns never gets old.

Evolved1

When are we getting BC3? Because I really do not like BF3 very much...

Mahonay

Banned
I'd play TF2 PC if 1) I had a PC capable of running it without melting down and 2) the class updates were nuked from orbit. But the last time I fucked around on TF2 PC the community wanted the shitty unbalanced class updates (maybe they're more balanced now, but Valve completely soured on me on them with the initial launches. How did some of these get past testing with the balances they had!?) and no "classic"/vanilla servers that were populated. So fuck the PC version. At least on 360 I can host a server and kick (the non-patched because MS sucks) map-exploit abusers and have a general good time playing ALL classes (outside of demoman who I suck at) with the rest of the enemy not having to deal with the shitty class restrictions so they can unbalance as much as they want and no force a nature, axetingsher, jarate, etc. etc. etc. ... pushing through their engineer traps as a spy to get the intel to run it through the gauntlet of machine guns never gets old.
I guess it's easy for me to not have much of an opinion on what class changes happened on the PC version since I never played it very seriously. I'd just jump into random games, have fun and do my best. I was not a pro TF2 player by any means. I'd have a good game here and there but I was pretty garbage at the game.

TheSeks

I guess it's easy for me to not have much of an opinion on what class changes happened on the PC version since I never played it very seriously. I'd just jump into random games, have fun and do my best. I was not a pro TF2 player by any means. I'd have a good game here and there but I was pretty garbage at the game.

If you played TF2 before the class updates, you can see how they ruined the fine balance they had (reason why it took 5+ years from TFQW/TFClassic? I guess...). I say that a non-pro but very serious about class balance in a class-based shooter player. If you don't mind the "SO WACKY XD!" class-updates, that's cool. Valve obviously wanted the game to be a casual shooter and that's fine. But for some of us (read: ME) that want a more balanced and more "serious" round where all the classes have a role and you don't have to worry about randomity, it's terrible and it's why I'm soured on TF2 completely.

Top Bottom