• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Supposedly these are the achievements of Close Quarters:

Dominator: Win a round in Conquest Domination – 20G

Deadly Tools: Without dying, get a kill with a Carbine, Pistol and Rocket Launcher – 30G

Show of Force: Get 10 kills with all ten CQ weapons – 30G

Man of Calibre: Complete a round of Gun Master – 20G

Secret Achievement - 20G

Way easier than the B2K ones!

dc2x

Neo Member
For anyone wanting this patch faster then you should use the Privoxy method, reduced download time from 55 minutes to (currently) 12 mins

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
"Your game version don't match Server browser version. All servers will not be shown"

What the fuck?

"The joined game is running a incompatible version. Please ensure you have updated to the latest version and try again."

Fuck you

dc2x

Neo Member
servers not going to updated for about 2+ hours according to their battlelog maintenance schedule

also noticed on the server browser that they replaced "EA servers" with "premium servers" in the filter. hope that doesn't mean that EA servers are going to become accessable for premium members only

Rebel Leader

servers not going to updated for about 2+ hours according to their battlelog maintenance schedule

also noticed on the server browser that they replaced "EA servers" with "premium servers" in the filter. hope that doesn't mean that EA servers are going to become accessable for premium members only
The server browser should have been updated BEFORE patch.

Ea server change? MOTHER F-

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The server browser should have been updated BEFORE patch.

Unless they're all getting the patches at the same time (impossible) no they shouldn't. Our PS3 problems don't effect the X-box/PC players currently until they get the patch.

Patching, will put a round in to see the controls and colorblind option but I'm not back yet. DSL is still fucked. :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
For anyone wanting this patch faster then you should use the Privoxy method, reduced download time from 55 minutes to (currently) 12 mins

What is this? It looks like a PC thing from a quick search.

Evolved1

It's your fault for being the slighest bit gullible when WE CAN'T EVEN PLAY

I was wondering about that... but decided to be passive aggressive instead of actually calling him out, since that generally backfires and I look like a stupid asshole.

But I was wondering after you guys posted...

OG Kush

So the reason they havent updated servers is becaus the patch comes out at different times in different countries?
Also anyone know how servers will switch from CQ/Rush and then into a conquest domination game, as conquest domination is only 16 players...? Wil they kick 8 players? Or will the server always only be 16 players?

meppi

2,38GIG? WTF DICE!

They can just as well put the full download of the fixed game on there instead of "patches" like this. Embarrassing.

TheSeks

Colorblind options is near the anti-aliasing options.

Premium is FUCK HUGE in the menu. WHY?

2,38GIG? WTF DICE!

They can just as well put the full download of the fixed game on there instead of "patches" like this. Embarrassing.

Frostbite has always required large patches and they will get larger as more patches come out. Just the way they built the engine.

Rebel Leader

Still getting "Your game version don't match Server browser version. All servers will not be shown"

CFJze.gif

Frostbite has always required large patches and they will get larger as more patches come out. Just the way they built the engine.

In BC2 it included maps

meppi

That's pretty terrible. I don't understand how they could create a new engine without taking these things into consideration.
It doesn't really affect me personally since I just got a new 320GB HDD to put into my PAL system so I could put the 250 one in my newly bought JP system, but still.

Considering most of these adjustments are relatively small and mostly based on balancing, it boggles the mind how it adds up to these kinds of numbers.

Still getting "Your game version don't match Server browser version. All servers will not be shown"

In BC2 it included maps

How many of those were already on the disc? Other than Harvest Day, Oasis and some other conquest map, all of them. Are Close Quarters maps apart of this new patch?

That's pretty terrible. I don't understand how they could create a new engine without taking these things into consideration.
It doesn't really affect me personally since I just got a new 320GB HDD to put into my PAL system so I could put the 250 one in my newly bought JP system, but still.

Considering most of these adjustments are relatively small and mostly based on balancing, it boggles the mind how it adds up to these kinds of numbers.

It is terrible. I thought with FB 2.0 they would have made this less of an issue.

Rebel Leader

How many of those were already on the disc? Other than Harvest Day, Oasis and some other conquest map, all of them. Are Close Quarters maps apart of this new patch?

It may be with this premium thing...

2 weeks early could mean they were incorporated into the patch
----
I see the maps in the server browser too

Seanspeed

Banned
2,38GIG? WTF DICE!

Thats the size of the new patch? If so, I simply dont have the hard drive space for it, damn. Its gonna be expensive between getting the new content and probably a new harddrive.....not sure I can afford to do that just to keep playing this game. Crap.

meppi

Thats the size of the new patch? If so, I simply dont have the hard drive space for it, damn. Its gonna be expensive between getting the new content and probably a new harddrive.....not sure I can afford to do that just to keep playing this game. Crap.

On 360, yes.
Can't check the PS3 version as I sold that one a while back.

Evolved1

would co-op have improved controls? rebel, want to test it w/ me?

edit: wtf is gun master?

Evolved1

DICE.... thank you.

edit: real test will be live multiplayer, but it feels more like BC2 in co-op (but I can't recall if it always has -- haven't played co-op in ages)

Evolved1

I'm trying to buy premium but cannot... when the shit are they going to update the servers?

TheSeks

I'm trying to buy premium but cannot... when the shit are they going to update the servers?

Premium won't come until tomorrow. Probably the same with the servers. PSN store updates on Tuesdays. This isn't Tuesday, dude.

Top Bottom