• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Premium won't come until tomorrow. Probably the same with the servers. PSN store updates on Tuesdays. This isn't Tuesday, dude.

Well why the fuck would they release an update that torpedo'd the servers a day early? It's retarded and makes me fucking mad.

Premium Calender:

Map packs:
06/04/2012 - 2 week early access to Close Quarters
Sep 2012 - Armored Kill
Dec 2012 - Aftermath
Mar 2013 - Endgame

Unique Game contents (knife,tags,etc.):
June, July, Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb

Strategy Guides:
July, Sep, Dec, March

2xp Events:
Every month up till march.

Premium Videos ("tips from dice on how to suck")
Every month up till March

"Bonus" Content:
June, August, Nov, Feb

Updated tags:
Black-gold BF3 premium Tag
Medal of Honor tag
The Great Destroyer tag
Toe2Toe
Visceral
Danger Close

For the vehicle whores:

TWO SEAT JET CONFIRMED.

LOL,

Premium exclusive assignments don't give any new weapons. Just new black-gold tags.

Life Saver:
1) 50 Kill with the F2000
2) 25 headshots with the F2000
3)50 Squad Heals

Reward: black tag with gold assault icon.

Bullet Provider:
1) 50 Kills with PKP Pecheng
2) 50 Squad Resupplies

Reward: Black tag with gold support icon.

Location Scout
1)50 Kills with L96
2)25 headshots with the L96
3)25 Spawns on your radio beacon.

Reward: Black tag with gold recon icon.

Wrench Wielder
1)50 Kills with Scar-h
2)50 Squad Repairs
3)25 Kills with shotguns

Reward: you know the drill

Jack oif all Trades
Get 30 Kill each for Assault Rifle, Carbine, Sniper Rifles, Light Machine Gun and 15 Pistol Kills.

Reward: Jack of All Trades Tag.

Note: Premium Assignments may require earlier assignment unlocks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For the vehicle whores:

TWO SEAT JET CONFIRMED.

I'll be your wingman anytime?

It's probably for the AC-130. But PC does have two-seat jets since launch. So if it's coming to consoles that'd be weird since they were all "TROLLOLOLOL PLAYERCOUNT TROLLOLOLOL."

Evolved1

For the vehicle whores:

TWO SEAT JET CONFIRMED.

Lol even fewer people on the ground on consoles. Hey DICE, thank you based god for fixing the controls... now let me play just without the jets.

Evolved1

Really. Hmmm, sounds good. I know you were pretty vocal about the controls, if you think they're good then yeah. :)

I'm waiting for Close Quarters to DL and then I will test them in MP... but in co-op (and it's possible they've always been fine in co-op since I can't really remember what they were like pre-patch) they felt very similar to BC2.

In BF3 they have a type of gun sway that I find really distracting, the end of the barrel bounces around annoyingly (unrealistically imo, which is what bothers me) and sometimes messes with my aim. That is still there, but the actual controls feel very good. I wasn't overshooting my target when trying to aim like I normally do in CQB situations. I think it's due to a combination of changes to acceleration and deadzone more than input lag. But I can't be sure. Whatever the cause, it seems completely gone. The controls feel 1:1 like in BC2.

Again, not sure if this will carry over to MP, and how others will like it... but it feels natural to me. And I can;t wait to finally own some people in MP again like I used to in BC2. Hopefully. We'll see soon enough.

CatPee

I'm really tempted to download the update on PS3 to see the new aiming. And you all should turn on colorblind. It's fantastic.

Man I got a Battlefield on PC experience today.

Not even remotely close ;P.

I'll be your wingman anytime?

It's probably for the AC-130. But PC does have two-seat jets since launch. So if it's coming to consoles that'd be weird since they were all "TROLLOLOLOL PLAYERCOUNT TROLLOLOLOL."

Uhh, no.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Controls are improved. The input lag seems to be gone on PS3. I know this from playing Co-op 5+ times. It's a lot more snappier and responsive. Nice DICE. Took you forever though.

AA off makes the responsiveness faster and so that may be good for quicker on the draw encounters, but it also makes it a bit (IMO) unwieldly in ADS encounters. AA on makes the responsiveness "smoother" and so I lean toward that. You might want to try both to see what I mean and then go with whatever preference you want. AA off isn't going to be too noticeable in online, but in co-op you can notice on the stairs and stuff if you look really closely.

Anyway, I really gotta deprogram from input lag and reprogram with no lag, since while I'm good at aiming on the draw in co-op, I'm having issues keeping the bead on them now and then.

CatPee said:

Uh, yes. They have. It's a passenger seat, but it's still "two seats."

Mazdarati

Neo Member

PC has not had two-seat jets since launch.

It would be interesting though to have both variants of the F-18.
The F-18E(which we already have) with only air to air missiles plus the F-18F(two-seater)with only air to ground armament.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For the folks who bought Premium: Does Premium works on every PSN Account on that PS3 ?

Nizz

I'm waiting for Close Quarters to DL and then I will test them in MP... but in co-op (and it's possible they've always been fine in co-op since I can't really remember what they were like pre-patch) they felt very similar to BC2.

In BF3 they have a type of gun sway that I find really distracting, the end of the barrel bounces around annoyingly (unrealistically imo, which is what bothers me) and sometimes messes with my aim. That is still there, but the actual controls feel very good. I wasn't overshooting my target when trying to aim like I normally do in CQB situations. I think it's due to a combination of changes to acceleration and deadzone more than input lag. But I can't be sure. Whatever the cause, it seems completely gone. The controls feel 1:1 like in BC2.

Controls are improved. The input lag seems to be gone on PS3. I know this from playing Co-op 5+ times. It's a lot more snappier and responsive. Nice DICE. Took you forever though.

AA off makes the responsiveness faster and so that may be good for quicker on the draw encounters, but it also makes it a bit (IMO) unwieldly in ADS encounters. AA on makes the responsiveness "smoother" and so I lean toward that. You might want to try both to see what I mean and then go with whatever preference you want. AA off isn't going to be too noticeable in online, but in co-op you can notice on the stairs and stuff if you look really closely.

Anyway, I really gotta deprogram from input lag and reprogram with no lag, since while I'm good at aiming on the draw in co-op, I'm having issues keeping the bead on them now and then.
Thank you for your impressions, guys. It only took DICE like what, half a year to finally fix the controls? But it sounds awesome now. Now I just have to buy the game again since I had traded the damn thing in. :/

meppi

Yes and its better.

Really?
I was only able to test it out for about 5 minutes and certainly noticed how the sensitivity seemed way up, but I wasn't certain if it was me or the controls.
Didn't have time to play with the settings to get it to somewhere that I'm comfortable with as I'm about to leave for the night shift. and Afterwards it's almost straight to bed.
So I won't get to play till tomorrow.

Could you explain a little why they seem to be better?

Evolved1

Well... the US servers are still down. I played a couple seconds in Dave's match but the lag was retarded so I quit.

Controls didn't feel like they did in co-op. :(

Hopefully it was a combination of lag and not being able to play for more than a couple seconds.

:(

2.38Gb for an update, that's way too much.

I ponder if I should buy BF3 premium. Part of me wants to buy it to renew my interest of the game, another part of me is beginning to get bored with it, and I wonder if I should just wait for a "GOTY" edition...

TCRS

Banned
so I wanted to vent my anger at the MS conference by playing a round or two until the EA conference: 2,38 GB update. FFS.

Battlefield ‏@Battlefield

Looks like the guys at CoD played their hand. Now it’s our turn to bring something ***new*** to the Battlefield. http://ea.com/e3

Userbase inferiority complex?

-EDIT-
Before I get called a "troll"..I don't play COD, I play BF. I will never understand why DICE/EA fire shots at COD. They did the same thing last year.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well... the US servers are still down. I played a couple seconds in Dave's match but the lag was retarded so I quit.

Controls didn't feel like they did in co-op. :(

Hopefully it was a combination of lag and not being able to play for more than a couple seconds.

I didn't feel lag and it felt like co-op but I wasn't paying attention

Seanspeed

Banned
Got into a very quick match. My god the aiming even on the 360 version is perfect now.

Really? Never had any problems with it before, but cool. With the reduced suppression, hopefully I can use the Assault class a bit more effectively now. Well....if I can manage to squeeze the patch onto my harddrive somehow...

When does CQ drop on PS3 without premium? 2 weeks from now or one since PS3 gets it a week early? Horrible promotion as I don't even know when I can buy it.

Evolved1

So the controls on PS3 are fixed?! Maybe I can finally dust this game off again and get back into it.

Servers are still down for me... haven't really had a chance to play reg MP and test the controls.

Evolved1

They still haven't fixed basic shit like jet ramming... just take the fucking garbage out of my game.

Top Bottom