• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Maddocks

lol that's actually wrong, I made a mistake because I'm an idiot lol its 1300. not 13k.

reminds me through I did see a guy who only knifed, thats all he did all match and would go 6 - 40 and he had 90 stars with the knife.

Dreaver

I decided to purchase the new maps tonight. I played for about two hours. First impression is that it feels, looks and plays a bit like Call of Duty (map design). Which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's definitely refreshing compared to the other maps. I am really enjoying the running & gunning style. Though, on the other hand I'd have liked some more "normal" maps as well (I don't feel like waiting such a long time). I also miss rush on the new maps (I know it wouldn't fit.. but still!) I'd say my first impression is decent to good.

Domination
It's a nice new mode, I think it's better then the normal conquest because capping would take waaaaaay too long. Though domination goes too quick sometimes. (5 seconds after you're gone it's captured by the enemies again)

Gun Master
Boring weapons, gameplay is too slow, knifing doesn't work (smooth) good enough to take the chance and two teams / two kills per weapon is something I am not liking. It's an ok/nice extra to play every now and then, but it is boring compared to the Call of Duty equivalent.

Ziba Tower
My favorite map so far. Nice scenery and different kind of areas. I like the map design.

Donya Fortress
I am really enjoying this map. The size is pretty nice.

Operation 925
I'm liking this as well, I like the 2(/3) floor design. I espeically like the work (desks) area.

Scrapmetal
This map is the only map I find pretty boring/average so far. It's not bad but I'm just not really digging it so far.

Oh and yeah, I'm still sad they removed official servers. Dumb 200%(+) games... I am also getting banned from servers regularly when I have a pretty good K/D (3.0+) and probably piss off the admins....

Fuck you EA.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think a few gaffers got them when the game was first released (Evolved, Seks)

I was mistaken... it was some bullshit preorder tag I didn't know about/recognize, and confused with a DICE tag, since it said DICE.

Evolved1

I was just looking around on Battlelog... holy crap I don't have a single AT mine kill in BF3. lol

Tawpgun

So when are they going to fix jet respawn times? Because they are ABSURDLY fast.

I'm doing attack runs when all of a sudden a wild jet appears. We get in a circle trying to get on each others tails. After 2 minutes of annoying dogfighting I get him. I manage to get 1-2 strafe runs in, and the enemy jet is in the air again....

yeah they "corrected" it later that its only 3 hours. Also stalkdice.com doesn't properly work for PS3 :p it didn't show them online even if they were.

tried to get in those servers but it was useless, and the 200 fake servers with the same names surely was not helping. If they are to host more of these events later, they really should have atleast a dozen employees playing on several big servers. now there was 3(three) devs playing and they were playing in 16 player maps or just random other servers, not even in their own...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yeah they "corrected" it later that its only 3 hours. Also stalkdice.com doesn't properly work for PS3 :p it didn't show them online even if they were.

tried to get in those servers but it was useless, and the 200 fake servers with the same names surely was not helping. If they are to host more of these events later, they really should have atleast a dozen employees playing on several big servers. now there was 3(three) devs playing and they were playing in 16 player maps or just random other servers, not even in their own...

Yeah, it's fucking stupid and I figured this shit would happen. Chalk it up to DICE never playing their unoptimized build and seeing how bad the random PS3 BF3 community is and why they need to implement a "DICE"/"EA"/"P" filter block that aren't those servers and forcing custom match rules to have the icon. :|

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654783811912991

Get double XP for a full week

Next week, we have a great treat for all Battlefield 3 players. Premium members will get double XP for an entire week, while non-Premium members get two and a half days of double XP goodness.

As always, double XP means your net gain for any round will be effectively doubled at the end of round. This goes for any map and any mode from the base game or any of our expansion packs, as long as you play on ranked servers.

Full details of the event below. We hope you enjoy it, and hope to see you online.

July Double XP event
What: Double your net score after every round
Who: All players
When: July 2-8 for Premium members, July 2-4 for non-Premium members
Starts: 00:01 PDT/07:01 UTC July 2 (click here for handy time conversion tool)
Ends for non-Premium members: 13:00 PDT/20:00 UTC July 4
Ends for Premium members: 23:59 PDT July 8/06:59 UTC July 9

Whoo for more idiots coming out of the woods and screwed up SPM changes.

JJD

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654783811912991

Whoo for more idiots coming out of the woods and screwed up SPM changes.

Are you certain that double XP screws up SPM? The points are only added after the game ends. I haven't played that much on double xp events, but I'll try to log on BF3 stats and check on the reports to see if they count.

Anyway, double XP isn't doing anything that custom high ticket servers on infantry maps or reset stats haven't done already. SPM is fucked up for awhile now.

And I still don't understand the point of high ticket servers on big maps like Kharg. I had this 600 hundred tickets game were I was the top scoring player with just 7400 points. The game seemed to drag for an eternity.

Are you certain that double XP screws up SPM? The points are only added after the game ends. I haven't played that much on double xp events, but I'll try to log on BF3 stats and check on the reports to see if they count.

Anyway, double XP isn't doing anything that custom high ticket servers on infantry maps or reset stats haven't done already. SPM is fucked up for awhile now.

And I still don't understand the point of high ticket servers on big maps like Kharg. I had this 600 hundred tickets game were I was the top scoring player with just 7400 points. The game seemed to drag for an eternity.

Yeah, it's been confirmed on all major forums/bf sites that double XP screws with SPM.
SPM has always been calculated by the final score (incl award score) since BC2.
You can even check the graphs on BF3stats.

In combination with stat reset, CQD, there are quite a few of 2000/3000+ SPM kiddies running around. I don't get anything high ticket above 200%, but that's what some people prefer to play (*stare at rockscar*)

W/L and K/D are now the remaining barely-sacred stat (lol).

Shakka

I am in the mood for a multiplayer shooter and thinking about getting BF3 for Xbox 360, but I would like to know if I can play without any DLC or if I need to purchase (at least most of) it to properly play on XBL.

JJD

Yeah, it's been confirmed on all major forums/bf sites that double XP screws with SPM.
SPM has always been calculated by the final score (incl award score) since BC2.
You can even check the graphs on BF3stats.

In combination with stat reset, CQD, there are quite a few of 2000/3000+ SPM kiddies running around. I don't get anything high ticket above 200%, but that's what some people prefer to play (*stare at rockscar*)

W/L and K/D are now the remaining barely-sacred stat (lol).

Rock got a pass man! The dude is a soldier! If I'm not mistaken Rock was one of the top 1000 ranked players on BFBC2 on PS3 when none of that shit (custom servers, double XP) existed, and he was mainly a foot soldier, not a chopper whore like many of the top ranked players.

-Silver-

Double XP weekend on 2nd July to 4th July but for premiums members it'll carry on until the 8th.

Edit:
W2Scd.jpg

Does anyone else think that Dice are going a little overboard with these double XP weekends?

Note: I didn't take the picture.

TheSeks

I am in the mood for a multiplayer shooter and thinking about getting BF3 for Xbox 360, but I would like to know if I can play without any DLC or if I need to purchase (at least most of) it to properly play on XBL.

You don't need any of it, but it's better to buy it because 1) B2K >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VANILLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dogturd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Close Quarters

and 2) Comes with guns = more unlocks = more EXP to give you for more unlocks.

CQ is only worth it for the SPAS-12, really.

Evolved1

You don't need any of it, but it's better to buy it because 1) B2K >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VANILLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dogturd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Close Quarters

and 2) Comes with guns = more unlocks = more EXP to give you for more unlocks.

CQ is only worth it for the SPAS-12, really.

Eh... I'm really liking the new weapons. CC weapons are my new mains for assault and engineer class. Still like the MP7 for recon.

Support? I pretty much suck with all weapons equally haha

I think CC was worth if for the weapons, even if I don;t really like much else about it. Ziba Tower is pretty cool, but doesn't have any game modes I enjoy to go along with it.

But yeah the weapons were great.

TheSeks

I think CC was worth if for the weapons, even if I don;t really like much else about it.

That's what I was saying, but I really only wanted one weapon which is the only reason I "bought" it.

Evolved1

That's what I was saying, but I really only wanted one weapon which is the only reason I "bought" it.

I only used the spas a couple times... but wasn't really feeling it. I prefer the look of the 870 (<3 BC2) and they seem to perform about the same, though I haven't checked the stats.

In this game pump actions are pretty nerfed and a lot of times you'll get owned by some SMG or PDW or whatever before you land a second shot. And you're crap at range. And the slugs might as well be BB's.

So you lose in CQB unless you get the drop on someone and you always lose at range. Pump actions take some dedication man. And they don't even look as cool as they did in BC2, so I find little incentive to use them.

I never get mad though when someone kills me with one. I get killed by an autoshotty with a flashlight in some hallway and I roll my eyes. But a guy kills me with an 870 or SPAS and I tip my hat.

Evolved1

I have a question... in BF3 what do you consider the gentlemen's weapons? You know, weapons that aren't very OP and require skill to use.

In BC2 I would say the prebuff M14... or F2000 (not many people used it) or faceless' pro-tube... things like that.

In BF3 I'm trying to find a gun to roll with... something no one uses. The 870 or SPAS I think fit the bill (funny because they're shotguns, but it fits in BF3) but I'd like something that isn't a shotgun.

I gave the M5K a test drive... but I don't know. I don't want a hipfire gun. I want something that rewards ADS as I've been playing this way for a few days and really prefer it.

Thoughts?

JJD

I have a question... in BF3 what do you consider the gentlemen's weapons? You know, weapons that aren't very OP and require skill to use.

In BC2 I would say the prebuff M14... or F2000 (not many people used it) or faceless' pro-tube... things like that.

In BF3 I'm trying to find a gun to roll with... something no one uses. The 870 or SPAS I think fit the bill (funny because they're shotguns, but it fits in BF3) but I'd like something that isn't a shotgun.

I gave the M5K a test drive... but I don't know. I don't want a hipfire gun. I want something that rewards ADS as I've been playing this way for a few days and really prefer it.

Thoughts?

Assault? AN-94 or KH 2002? Good guns, but nowhere near as good as it's BC2 version (AN - 94). They're not that popular.

For recon maybe the AS Val? I don't like the weapon but it's capable. Not many people are using it and it requires more skill than the average.

For engineer maybe the SG553 or G53. They're not that popular too.

For support I would say the Type 88, I've never been killed by one or seen anyone use that.

The SPAS is crazy popular right now. I always bump into someone using it. Really good pump shotty too. I really like it and usually I'm not a shotgun type of guy.

If you really want a gun that requires skill try the FAMAS now. They improved it a bit after the humongous nerf, but it's still miles below the level it was when they introduced it on B2K. It's quite good at close quarters combat (mainly because of rate of fire), but it's crazy hard to use it effectively on mid to far range.

in the General class that you can use with all classes? The AS-VAL.

Recon? bolt rifles.

Support? Any, but Type-88 is the most rare.

Engineer? Any, but G53 seems rare.

Assault? Any, but L85, KH2002, AK74 seem rare and valid.

Kak.efes

*chooper get's hit*

*repairs chopper*

AND A FUCKING SINGLE DIGIT LEVEL PERSON FLYS OFF IN IT

Just die in the chopper, like I do. I try to liken it to a captain going down with his ship.

Thoughts?

Since I've started playing again, I've gone with the L85 for mid to long-range maps, and it's pretty great. You should give it a shot.

Evolved1

Probably the AS VAL. It is a really good gun but surprisingly difficult to use.

Yeah... I'm working on it. I want it to be the VSS so bad, but it's its own thing. It's hard for me to adjust to the clip size, but I'm trying.

I've been thinking about playing M14 recon but that is just punishment haha...

Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on it though.

What do you guys think of handguns?

M1911 is actually my best weapon in the game (if you combine the tactical/suppressed/reg kills) but I don't really know much about the others... never really tried 'em. I suck with the revolvers and REX (shame, cause REX was my shit in BC2) and the others I have literally never tried.

Nori Chan

Yeah... I'm working on it. I want it to be the VSS so bad, but it's its own thing. It's hard for me to adjust to the clip size, but I'm trying.

I've been thinking about playing M14 recon but that is just punishment haha...

Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on it though.

What do you guys think of handguns?

M1911 is actually my best weapon in the game (if you combine the tactical/suppressed/reg kills) but I don't really know much about the others... never really tried 'em. I suck with the revolvers and REX (shame, cause REX was my shit in BC2) and the others I have literally never tried.

I'm trying to get a star with every pistol and the mp443 tac seems so good to me. I love the rex because of BC2 memories as well.

But when I get a star on every pistol, I'm going back to Big Boss status <3 (Silenced M1911)

CatPee

Thoughts?

Pretty much all the Russian guns, which is a shame since they're all excellent at range and have low recoil.

As for handguns, I run around with a G18 since the great majority of encounters where I'd need one is at close/point-blank with the occasional mid-range encounter (which it's still decent for for finishing off). Having it along with a good at range gun is a pretty nice balance.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

Thoughts?

For all-kits, the UMP .45 and the PDW-R are both effective weapons at medium range as well as close up.
For Assault, pretty much every weapon is used, but the L85A2 is perhaps the one I see used least. It's a rock-steady reliable weapon though.
The QBZ-95B is the least used Engineer weapon, but since it has a PDW accessory loadout, it has some distinct advantages, while still holding a low RPM, making actual use skill based.
For support, the belt feds are often used and abused, especially the PKP or the M240B. The M60E4, while equally heavy hitting and spray-happy, is fantastic for point defense and covering advances when mounted on a bipod. More more run&gun.
For Recon, it depends on what you define as skill. Pretty much all the semi-auto snipers are strong weapons, even with low mag capacities, and the SKS has really gotten a massive buff, but if you want to be superleetskillful, I'd go with a bolt action with a holo scope and laser sight. The real gentleman stuff comes with tactical applications of TUGS, SOFLAM, and Spawnbeacons.

Overdoziz

Banned
For pistols I'd go for the magnum. Hitting people with it is extremely easy when you're not aiming down the sight and it kills in only 2 shots.

JJD

The 93R is the best handgun in the game. It's so good right now that Demize acknowledged that it's getting nerfed the next patch that balances guns.

TheSeks

Where are the DICE official servers? Playing on a 400% ticket rush map makes a fuck ton of sense...

No where to be found. D:

Also I guess I should get some time with the M39R in before it's nerfed for the dogtag... but really it just needs it's three round burst slowed a bit and the damage nerfed slightly.

Maddocks

rush servers should have a max ticket of 100%-200% max. conquest and CQ should be able to max it out.

because i agree all the 400 tickets for attackers is insane, you can screw around for 30 minutes then get serious for 2 minutes and then repeat for all mcoms.

Top Bottom