• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Xux

Evolved1 said:
Community FYI: When you plant a spawn beacon, plant it facing the opposite direction you want people to be oriented when they spawn, otherwise they'll be oriented opposite of what you intended.

/purposefully wordy.
Kinda funny that I've been doing the opposite 'cause of how it worked in the Beta.

DarkFlow

Banned
So I just unlocked the mav. It feels like cheating how bad my team is now raping them. I got 17 motion ribbons in one match lol.

DAT MORTAR

I had the most hilarious round on Seine Crossing Rush last night. Rhe attackers didn't even get to arm a single objective! The attacking had a hard time just leaving their spawn and i got about a dozen mortar kills, including a triple kill!

edit:

Also had another game where i couldn't stop laughing on Grand Bazaar when half of my team decided to put claymores in all the doors and hallways. I got a double kill with a claymore!

Soma

Wow what happened to the SVD and MK11? These were beastly in the beta. I've barely touched Recon as a result.

Also Engineers seem to have gotten it pretty good in this game. You mean to tell me I get a launcher AND mines? Good god.

JJD

computers putin' said:
Legacy and inverted is the way to go; its the most "natural" feeling

And I see it now: a-91 nerfed in 2 months tops.

People start bragging about a gun, people start taking exception to getting killed by it, gun is nerfed, rinse and repeat. The gun being overpowered remains to be seen, but I don't think it's any better than the other engineer guns. If the a-91 turns out to be marginally overpowered I wouldn't care though.

I hate that we don't have stats for the guns in the customize soldier screen. I'm trying to unlock at least a red dot sight and the 4x scope for every gun I unlock before I move to the next one. So far I've only played as Engineer and Assault and the A-91 was the weapon the "felt" the best for me. I don't know if it's overpowered but I swear I'm playing better since I started using it! My favorite weapon in BC2 was the AN-94. I could easily take foes from a distance, and I still won most of my 1 on 1 encounters.

I hope we can get our hands on some stats soon...

The only thing that I don't like in the Legacy chopper settings is that it inverts the sticks when you're gunning for someone, and I don't know why, but that really fucks up my aim...

moonspeak said:
Wow what happened to the SVD and MK11? These were beastly in the beta. I've barely touched Recon as a result.
I also felt those guns have been lessened -- not sure if it's damage though, I think they may have more recoil. I also have been using recon much less. Was the SV98 one hit kill in Beta? Unless I'm mistaken, the one time I shot it now, I didn't kill the guy I hit.

JJD said:
I hate that we don't have stats for the guns in the customize soldier screen. I'm trying to unlock at least a red dot sight and the 4x scope for every gun I unlock before I move to the next one. So far I've only played as Engineer and Assault and the A-91 was the weapon the "felt" the best for me. [...]

You can use Battlelog to check attachment unlock status and see the whole gun's progression (as well as all class and rank unlocks). Click on your "soldier" then the "Weapons & Equipment" tab. Ha, I think I forgot to test out the A-91 after unlocking it.

I'd like a total headshots stat. I didn't play BFBC2, but I wish they would have kept the dog tag list of people you knived. I hope game recorder is coming.

Jas

JJD said:
It's amazing isn't it? I was going to post this earlier but I forgot! Best engineer gun so far! I hope the thermal sights is an unlock for it!

On a side note, I managed to get the hang of the chopper controls using the Legacy config. To all our chopper aces, do you think legacy is better than the default one?

I can now pretty much take off with a chopper and go were I want without crashing, but I'm far from being a viable pilot on a MP game.

I wish I could play the co op chopper mission alone to train more. I managed to beat it piloting on easy. Gonna try normal later!

I'm beginning to finally adapt to the BF3 controls! :)

I unlocked the A-91 yesterday and was able to get the IRV scope in my last round.
It unlocks at 125 kills :)

Rad-

I was pretty disappointed with A91 after all the talk about it. The recoil is great but it's just not that damaging compared to the Scar.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JJD said:
On a side note, I managed to get the hang of the chopper controls using the Legacy config. To all our chopper aces, do you think legacy is better than the default one?

I use the defaults. It just started to click with me on Normal. When moving with the left stick to "rotate" on the X-axis the helicopter will "lean" you can see this in third person view but the lean indicator in first person view (where I ALWAYS am in) is at the top. Press the OPPOSITE DIRECTION (IIRC) to correct lean and put it back at the middle/top of the indicator to complete the turn.

Of course, I can't seem to 180 quickly doing this.

Faceless said:
>>Claymores<<

I'm so close to unlocking those and the UAV replacement. I'm going to be putting those near the crates or inside building areas. Enjoy a quick death, assholes!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Importers are sold out of BF3

But this week is the week. >8( (Hopefully internet next saturday)

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Importers are sold out of BF3

But this week is the week. >8( (Hopefully internet next saturday)

Since I got a PS3 replacement I should probably ask for KoF 2011 for Christmas...

hahaha. Nope. Iori nerfed because of Ash. Forget that. ;)

I'm also pissed Carl Clover's dad Relius is being released in BB:CS+ but not being released for CS/2 consoles so you have to rebuy the game like the Capcom effect. ARC SYSTEM WORSK! YOU USED TO BE GOOD! Y U FOLLOWING CAPCOM!?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Since I got a PS3 replacement I should probably ask for KoF 2011 for Christmas...

hahaha. Nope. Iori nerfed because of Ash. Forget that. ;)

I'm also pissed Carl Clover's dad Relius is being released in BB:CS+ but not being released for CS/2 consoles so you have to rebuy the game like the Capcom effect. ARC SYSTEM WORSK! YOU USED TO BE GOOD! Y U FOLLOWING CAPCOM!?
Lol what? Iori is a beast and EX Iori is even 'beastier'!

ESPERAME HERMANO IBERICO ROCKSCAR!

todahawk

so how exactly am i supposed to unlock anything with jets if I can't fucking shoot anything on the ground or in the air? went 0-7 and 0-8 trying to practice in two conquest maps with randoms and it was awful. fared better in the choppers but only slightly. just amazed at how much i fight with the damn controls, especially when flying a jet... jesus christ it shouldn't be so hard to fly a fucking plane. I've flown real planes and it wasn't this hard to point the goddamn thing where i wanted.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
so how exactly am i supposed to unlock anything with jets if I can't fucking shoot anything on the ground or in the air? went 0-7 and 0-8 trying to practice in two conquest maps with randoms and it was awful. fared better in the choppers but only slightly. just amazed at how much i fight with the damn controls, especially when flying a jet... jesus christ it shouldn't be so hard to fly a fucking plane. I've flown real planes and it wasn't this hard to point the goddamn thing where i wanted.

If default controls:

Left stick left/right (turn), L2 brake. Right stick left/right 6DoF->90 degree angle to the ground. Right stick DOWN/UP while holding L2 sharp turn.

Straighten out and then machine gun the tanks or vehicles. You should be able to get disabled assists/bonuses and get the unlocks that way to get heat seekers. Once you got those you can go dogfighting against people but it's a PITA to dogfight for me.

I still gotta unlock the IR Flares for the attack choppers. :/

todahawk

TheSeks said:
If default controls:

Left stick left/right (turn), L2 brake. Right stick left/right 6DoF->90 degree angle to the ground. Right stick DOWN/UP while holding L2 sharp turn.

Straighten out and then machine gun the tanks or vehicles. You should be able to get disabled assists/bonuses and get the unlocks that way to get heat seekers. Once you got those you can go dogfighting against people but it's a PITA to dogfight for me.

I still gotta unlock the IR Flares for the attack choppers. :/

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'm doing for my sharp turns but maybe I had shit luck those two maps but nobody was spotting anything on the ground and fuck if I hit L2 to slow down enough to look and I'd get lit up by stingers or other pilots. granted, one of the enemy pilots had 296 or jet kills but it was still frustrating.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jas said:
The A-91 is my new Uzi :)

Nope. There's an "Uzi" in the game, but you have to play some co-op to get it.

This comes from a fellow Uzi user, for what it's worth.

But keep this on the DL, because I want to get some time with it before they nerf it, and they will nerf it.

Xux said:
Kinda funny that I've been doing the opposite 'cause of how it worked in the Beta.

I may have been too quick to talk... it's been really weird last couple times. Guess it's kinda random.

greenjerk said:

The method I used to get my jet unlocks (I'm up too stealth YAY! :/) is to constantly go up really high and then swoop in. I just stat pounding the ground with the machine gun and keep my eyes open for planes/Helis over top the base.
If I see a plane zip past under me I chase and gun or if I see a Heli I keep flying figure 8's around the base and gunning them.

Thsi was all ALOT easier to do on release day since nobody had an idea of how to fly or had any unlocks.
Once you unlock heat seekers tho its all over :)

Sadly tho..compared to BF2 the jets are garbage. Well in general the jets are friggin garbage in my opinion.
Compared to the need in BF2 to have a good teammate pilot so to keep down the enemy bombers from carpet bombing and laser designating. Now the jets are a minor annoyance, at best only a problem for the tools who wont get off he air strips and go play.

Oh yeah..you could do that. I'm not suggesting it, or promoting it but for EASY kills base rape the air fields.
Learn where the enemy Heli/Jet spawn and machine gun the fuck out of the people waiting for them to spawn or better yet...just shoot the shit out of them before they can get off the ground :)
Once you get Heat Seekers this is REALLY easy.

My issue with the jets tho is the just seem so SLoooooooooowwww and the turning radius is HUGE. On top of that, my jet makes crazy sounds like its being hit but it isnt, like the engine is backfiring or some shit. Jets are a huge let down for me after loving the shit out of BF2 jets.

Evolved1

The fact you don't even have fucking flares in the jet just makes you point fodder... I can't be in the sky for two seconds without getting locked. It's really bad design on DICE's part.

JJD said:
I hate that we don't have stats for the guns in the customize soldier screen. I'm trying to unlock at least a red dot sight and the 4x scope for every gun I unlock before I move to the next one. So far I've only played as Engineer and Assault and the A-91 was the weapon the "felt" the best for me. I don't know if it's overpowered but I swear I'm playing better since I started using it! My favorite weapon in BC2 was the AN-94. I could easily take foes from a distance, and I still won most of my 1 on 1 encounters.

The only thing that I don't like in the Legacy chopper settings is that it inverts the sticks when you're gunning for someone, and I don't know why, but that really fucks up my aim...
like this? -> http://bf3s.com/player/174535944

greenjerk said:
it's all about luck... you know what i did to unlock the flares and homing missiles?

i set the server filter to CQ, Kharf, Caspian and Firestorm only and jet camped on the spawn screen. if the map rotation went to another map? quit, repeat. i kept playing until i got to actually shoot some things down and unlock that crap

Evolved1

Well I did have a 6.0 w/l.... hey look meppi and ejas are playing, awesome. Hey not awesome at all. Turns out it's a team full of retards.

I'm in MAV and pointing out, literally, the entire freaking enemy team coming down the hill. Apparently this isn't useful information because despite knowing where the enemy is, they still get steamrolled. I'm watching guys trying to run in and get knife kills... smh.

I have to say watching the battle take place from up there really puts a focus on how terrible people are at this game. You expect a certain level of competency, like the most basic tactics, but it's just not there.

I had an epiphany while I was up there: other people do not play this game for the same reason I (we) do. I play to win. They play to play.

Also... the squad system is so messed up right now... it's basically broken half the time.

Woorloog

Banned
A hint for beginner jet pilots: inverse loop will get rid of missiles, or at least from locking attemps usually. The risk is that you fly into Stinger/Igla range but those are not that common so it is a worthwhile risk.
Don't use AB constantly nor max thortle. Avoid flying in straight line unless you're well outside map boundaries or very high.

As for helos, the second co-op mission is good training for flying them, do note that every other try you're the gunner.

meppi

Oh man, the more I play this game the more I fall in love with it.
Just so many great possibilities that I can see right now, and they have yet to patch some serious issues.
Can't wait to see what this game is like in a couple of months. :)

That being said, every time I play Operation Metro, either in CQ or rush, it doesn't really matter, I swear that I lose a year off of my life.
Such a piece of shit map. It boggles the mind how this one got though quality control.
It's terrible on every single level you can imagine.
At least Blood Gracht in KZ2 was a fun clusterfuck (once in a while), but this one. Yuk.

I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying that I honestly believe DICE should patch this map out of the entire game. BF3 would be much, much better for it.
I can live with Seine Crossing, as it gives you at least some options to flank and play it in a tactical way. But Metro? That's not even possible.
Just bum rush towards whatever objective there is and hope that the opponents die quicker than you will. That's it, nothing more.

Evolved1 said:
Well I did have a 6.0 w/l.... hey look meppi and ejas are playing, awesome. Hey not awesome at all. Turns out it's a team full of retards.

Yeah, calling them morons would be an understatement.
I don't have any idea what the hell our team were even doing, besides running into the oncoming enemies with open arms.
At least it wasn't Metro :-/

Gonna have to take a break for a couple of hours as I now have a terrible headache from playing too long and getting too frustrated at the end.

Should be back in a couple of hours though. :)

Evolved1 said:

I'm in MAV and pointing out, literally, the entire freaking enemy team coming down the hill. Apparently this isn't useful information because despite knowing where the enemy is, they still get steamrolled. I'm watching guys trying to run in and get knife kills... smh.

I have to say watching the battle take place from up there really puts a focus on how terrible people are at this game. You expect a certain level of competency, like the most basic tactics, but it's just not there.

I had an epiphany while I was up there: other people do not play this game for the same reason I (we) do. I play to win. They play to play.

Also... the squad system is so messed up right now... it's basically broken half the time.

It's been like that since BC2, but the problem seems to be much worse in BF3.

Also, meppi and ejas are offensive type players (IMO). I tend to avoid games if there isn't a good mix of player types. Ex: farlaghn, jm = all around type, Sekoku, evolved & I = defensive type. Just so we have all things covered.

todahawk

@PKM & Evolved: thx, just felt the need to bitch. I played BF:1942 and Desert Combat a metric shit ton and kicked ass in jets. I just can't fathom the odd control schemes and point fodder (lol) unlock scheme.

TheSeks

I love Metro. I can turn games like This into This

See that "Killing Machine?" 10 of those kills were knife assassinations from across the map sneaking in the grass near out of bounds and stabbing people one after another after another. Had a close call trying to assassinate a dude with my knife out he turns I follow and get him in the back.

People are going to have to start calling me Jack the Ripper of Battlefield 3 because I WILL KNIFE YOUR ASS if given the chance.

TheSeks said:
I love Metro.

Metro is a great place to rank up your guns.

All I can say is BF3 is pretty special. The more tools I unlock the better and more strategic the game becomes.

The laser/flashlight glare I'm not decided on whether I like it or not. I'd swear I am firing directly into a laser/flashlight and it seems like it magically erases my bullets.

Mortars are pretty glorious. most ppl just camp and fire away those guys are easy to punish. on the other hand only fire 2 rounds and then move.

Jets are a pain in the ass. My problem is absolutely no one is spotting which makes finding shit to shoot at with the jets machine guns extra difficult.

TheSeks said:

See that "Killing Machine?" 10 of those kills were knife assassinations from across the map sneaking in the grass near out of bounds and stabbing people one after another after another. Had a close call trying to assassinate a dude with my knife out he turns I follow and get him in the back.

People are going to have to start calling me Jack the Ripper of Battlefield 3 because I WILL KNIFE YOUR ASS if given the chance.
omg 7 knife kills, you fucking knife camper!

why don't you set up a tent with that camping?

do you also prevent forest fires?

did you fish in the lake while you camped?

... that's all i got ...

Xux

Don't have the A-91 yet but the SG553's a pretty cool carbine. Kinda like if you combined the M4 and the M4 and lowered the fire rate a little.

computers putin' said:
Initially I had a problem with the tanks in the game, I thought the tanks were too durable but I've backed off of that though.The regen speed of the blowtorch is pretty fast though, with no cool down like in BC2. So one single engineer can keep a tank near tip top health against one guy firing a barrage of rockets its way, but a second guy can take em down, and if the tank is sustaining itself with teamwork, then it should require some teamwork to take it down. It does suck to see your enemies scamper off though when you put all that work into blowing it up though.

Still need more time with the game before I form concrete opinions on the balance, but I don't see anything that's blatantly overpowered.
there's a cooldown on the blowtorch, but you can repair a tank from near death before it kicks in, it's gotta be like 70% or something.

TheSeks

Woorloog said:
A hint for beginner jet pilots: inverse loop

...And for those of us that aren't in the air force and are twelve, what is this?

omg 7 knife kills, you fucking knife camper!

I wasn't even camping. The bitches were sniping. I went "fuck this shit. I'll go stealth since thats what I'm good for in BF3." Went into the grass, slithered like a snake to out of bounds. PP-2000 two dudes (unlocking the suppressor which lowers damage so it isn't good IMO), knife. Knife. Knife. Knife. Knife. CLOSE CALL MISS. MISS. KNIFE. KNIFE. And I'm back to base. I basically did a U turn loop from defense of A first set to (taken) B just knifing people. It was hilarious and I wish Theater mode was there for that purpose.

Also the MAV is beastin when people notice your spots. I got about 5+ motion mine ribbons from it. Only things 1) It has an attack that I don't know exactly WHAT it does but it seems to target equipment/mortars but not tanks. WTF. and 2) You can't roadkill with it. Don't bother, I tried.

I was sitting in the back of the starting spawn in Tehran Highway just spotting fools and getting assists. Crazy.

meppi

Dreamgazer said:
Also, meppi and ejas are offensive type players (IMO). I tend to avoid games if there isn't a good mix of player types. Ex: farlaghn, jm = all around type, Sekoku, evolved & I = defensive type. Just so we have all things covered.

I certainly would agree with that. Which is why my K/D ratio is never anything to talk about. ;)
I jump headfirst into the battle and do literally anything possible to get the game to turn our way, even of that means dying 20 times in the process.

I really hope that people start smartening up on how to play conquest or rush because most of them obviously don't even have a clue.
Seen a couple of my COD playing buddies pick up BF3 and get a great K/D ratio, but that's about it. They don't do anything to support the team. :(
Luckily they seem to be back on the COD bandwagon by the looks of it. SMH
The way we had games in BC2 where one person would arm an Mcom and 3-4 others would play human shield for him is something I have not yet seen in BF3 so far.
Ransoms just don't protect their teammates and would rather let them die so they can score the 500 points to arm it.
Makes a huge difference when playing with the right people though, unless the remaining team goes into braindead "I need some kills" mode. :-/

TheSeks said:

Oh, I don't have a problem turning Metro into a kill fest when I get going.
I just don't enjoy it. Not a single second of it actually.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
It's been like that since BC2, but the problem seems to be much worse in BF3.

s/defense/support and then yeah.

Edit: Okay, I'm apparently wrong and you CAN roadkill with the MAV. I wonder if that'll give me the air warfare pin like the UAV did. Going to have to try it and luck out I guess and hope for the best since I sucked at getting UAV roadkills in BC2 but MWHAHAHAHAH easy way to get the ribbon if true. >_> Less hassle than ranking up the jets/helicopters.

JJD

Xux said:
Don't have the A-91 yet but the SG553's a pretty cool carbine. Kinda like if you combined the M4 and the M4 and lowered the fire rate a little.

I hated the M4...couldn't play with it. Lost most of my 1 on 1 fights with that one... :-(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, I shot down a littlebird with the 50cal on a humvee, it crashed and I killed 3 people, one of them was a "roadkill."

I REALLY wish we had battle recorder, I would love to know how one of them was a roadkill.

Evolved1

Alienshogun said:
So, I shot down a littlebird with the 50cal on a humvee, it crashed and I killed 3 people, one of them was a "roadkill."

I REALLY wish we had battle recorder, I would love to know how one of them was a roadkill.

He bailed right before impact?

Good games Dave, Olimpia... somehow our team still almost gave it away at the end. You should have seen those dumbasses in the spawn. Half of them can't even use the vehicles they "race" you toward. It's like, dipshits, you've just seen the three "gaf" players top the scoreboard the last few rounds, if you can't help, stay out of our way. lol omg.

TheSeks

I keep ramming people head on and it won't roadkill. WTF FIX THIS DICE I WANT AN EASY AIR WAREFARE PIN. ;__;

meppi

JJD said:
I hated the M4...couldn't play with it. Lost most of my 1 on 1 fights with that one... :-(
I can see that.
I went with the M4 since it didn't seem to have such a kickback as the Scar, but in the end it just doesn't have enough stopping power for how I'd like to use my weapons.
For some strange reason I always seem to gravitate to the semi-automatic ones.
So I went back to the Scar and started using this one in semi-auto mode.
It certainly beats having to put 8 bullets into one target from a distance, I tell you that. ;)

Hoping for something like the BC2 G3 to come along for the engineer class though...

-Silver-

Hmm, I seem to be getting the occasional rubber banding AI. Aside from that and the getting used to controls, it's quite fun.

Bruiserk

TKRunningRiot said:
Just got first service star for Engineer

sogood.gif

What are the requirements? It says im about 70% done my first service star. Is it based off of points or kills?

I know the vehicles ones are points, while the individual guns are kills.

DarkFlow

Banned
Evolved1 said:

This is so true. Since I've got the mav, I've gone while matchs of 0-0 just spotting people. When I have a good team, they act on my Intel and just now people down. Bad teams they don't do shit even when I light up the whole team. I got to the point I would hover the mav RIGHT ON TOP OF SOME GUY and the idiots would ignore him.

Ketch

TheSeks said:
...And for those of us that aren't in the air force and are twelve, what is this?

Canopy on the outside instead of the inside.

Woorloog said:
A hint for beginner jet pilots

The problem I have is acquiring targets/loosing track of of enemy jets. Also, finding anything to shoot on the ground.

I can stay in the jet flying around for most of the match, but most of the time I'm not really doing anything while I'm up there.

JJD

Playing the Co op missions with a friend is so much fun! I would gladly buy another 6 mission Co op map pack for 10 bucks! You heard that EA/DICE?

Also I got all my ribbons from Team Deathmatch, Squad Deathmatch, and Squad Rush.
I'm never touching TDM (what a clusterfuck!) or Squad Rush (20 tickets to take out an mcomm that takes forever to blow after it's armed? No thanks!) again, but Squad DM was fun! Had a guy with the MaV spotting enemies and it really made my life easier. I can see how much it's useful now.

TheSeks

Oh Dreamy and Evolved~.

Now I just have 3 missions on hard left. But I gotta get Ninja from that level, at least now we can do normal and easy on it for a much easier time.

Playing the Co op missions with a friend is so much fun! I would gladly buy another 6 mission Co op map pack for 10 bucks! You heard that EA/DICE?

Have you played them on Hard yet? The third missions last bit is EXTREMELY TOUGH. A random helped me when we both fell at cover but he stuck around instead of disconnecting (for once) and he wasn't a complete idiot. He was the one to take out the snipers that would ping us quickly while I would rotate with him and we were in cover to where we both revived each other if we took too much damage. But mannnn there is a lot of enemies + the RPG/snipers in the windows across that'll ping you. Hairy situation. I can't imagine mission 4/5/6 on Hard if they're going to have chokepoints like that.

Woorloog

Banned
EasyTGT said:
The problem I have is acquiring targets/loosing track of of enemy jets. Also, finding anything to shoot on the ground.

I can stay in the jet flying around for most of the match, but most of the time I'm not really doing anything while I'm up there.
I have no issues with acquiring targets nor do i lose track of enemy jets, though arguably Air Radar helps here. But even without, it isn't that hard. Is it?
Usually i stay close to the enemy airfield, essentially camping. Alternatively i fly very far away to see the overall situation well and try to find other jets. Try tracking the other jet in your team while you're far away, the enemies usually concentrate on closer targets (nor do they spot you easily if you're far away). Try to pointing your nose on some direction and spam back/select hoping for lucky spot. This is how you spot ground targets by the way.
Keeping track of enemy jets during dogfight... Assuming you have the upper hand and you're tailing the enemy, it shouldn't be too hard. Observe the target's style, does he turn usually on left or right, does he use afterburner or fly at high speeds, etc. You need to guess what he is going to do next to keep track of him. To me this comes naturally (good spatial awarness).
If you're being tailed, try split s or inverse loop instead of turning, that should take the enemy by surprise. Alternatively erratic turning and constant speed adjustment. Ideally you should circle behind him but that's not easy and it is probably easier to disengage and try to re-acquire your target later.
As for ground targets, spot enemies as i said above. Or look for already spotted enemies. Choose your gun and approach at gradual angle from far away. Fire short bursts, remember to lead. The gun does minimal damage though... You can use rockets but they're slower than bullets and they have tendency to obscure the target due smoke trails. Also, they may or may not have more ballistic trajectory, hard to say but they're not as easy to aim regardless. Also weak.

Might want to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkPsGauBb9s (jet tutorial)
and google "dogfight" etc. You'll probably find some real maneuvers, tactics etc. Even though the game is not realistic, a lot of those work in game. Should work anyway...

Top Bottom