• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Had a nice streak of wins with Dave88 playing Conquest...until my game froze (for the first time). Then when I tried to join back the game kept me kicking into the other team for balancing purposes I guess. My W/L ratio saw a nice bump thanks to that streak.

Also, had my first jet kill today. It feels good but man it's getting hard to fly now with all them people with homing missiles unlocked already.

CatPee

olimpia84 said:
Had a nice streak of wins with Dave88 playing Conquest...until my game froze (for the first time). Then when I tried to join back the game kept me kicking into the other team for balancing purposes I guess. My W/L ratio saw a nice bump thanks to that streak.

Also, had my first jet kill today. It feels good but man it's getting hard to fly now with all them people with homing missiles unlocked already.

In the Op Firestorm game you joined in on, I was screaming "MINES! MINES! THERE ARE MINES THERE, OLIMPIA!" at you, but you didn't hear and proceeded to drive the jeep anyway. :(

Homing missiles aren't a problem when you have IR Flares, and if you don't, just use afterburner and do some elaborate maneuvers.

Also, Battlefield Moment™: I T-boned an enemy jet way up high earlier, basically splitting it in half and made him suicide, while my jet came out of that wreckage unscathed. Felt boss.
3AQmK.gif

olimpia84

CatPee said:
In the Op Firestorm game you joined in on, I was screaming "MINES! MINES! THERE ARE MINES THERE, OLIMPIA!" at you, but you didn't hear and proceeded to drive the jeep anyway. :(

Homing missiles aren't a problem when you have IR Flares, and if you don't, just use afterburner and do some elaborate maneuvers.

Also, Battlefield Moment™: I T-boned an enemy jet way up high earlier, basically splitting it in half and made him suicide, while my jet came out of that wreckage unscathed. Felt boss.
3AQmK.gif

Actually I did hear you but it was too late :p
So far I need 150 points to unlock the flares so hopefully I find another shitty enemy pilot to get more points.

CatPee

Have you switched your stick controls for jets/vehicles to Legacy? I find that a lot easier for me and it allows me to do more maneuvers (such as pulling up while actively changing my roll angle at the same time). For choppers, it's more similar to BC2.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CatPee said:
Have you switched your stick controls for jets/vehicles to Legacy? I find that a lot easier for me and it allows me to do more maneuvers (such as pulling up while actively changing my roll angle at the same time). For choppers, it's more similar to BC2.

TBH once you get used to default heli controls in BF3 they are REALLY good. I destroy people/tanks with my scout chopper.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone up for some PS3 co-op in a little bit? I know there is a helicopter mission so preferably someone who can fly since I am hopeless at flying. I do have a mic but I think that the VOIP is still kind of fucked.

LEGGZZZZ

I feel a little embarrassed to ask this, but how exactly do you turn left or right in a jet? (ps3 controls) I always end up going straight too long or flipping upside down and eventually dieing -_-

Saiyu

If it's default controls the right analog stick controls the roll and pitch while the left covers yaw. So rolling 90 degrees right/left and pulling back using the right analog stick will bank the plane and moving the left analog left/right will operate the rudder giving smaller, more minute control.

Just added my name to the list and platoon for PS3, be good to play this game with some teamwork.

Mikey Jr.

Is something wrong with my connection or something?

I'm have an extremely hard time finding matches and even the server browser is being fucking terrible, showing like 2 servers.

Xux

wut. Versus GAF-stack I was the top player on my team? mikeyMoUSE kept demolishing my shit even though that drop shot I pulled on dreamgazer was filthy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
GAF, why do i suck so bad at driving flying vehicules on the PC version?

Seriously, i can't stay alive more than 10 secs after getting in one. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Bisnic said:
GAF, why do i suck so bad at driving flying vehicules on the PC version?

Seriously, i can't stay alive more than 10 secs after getting in one. :(

I think you might be lost.

rdrr gnr

Xux said:
wut. Versus GAF-stack I was the top player on my team? mikeyMoUSE kept demolishing my shit even though that drop shot I pulled on dreamgazer was filthy.
We went back and forth for a little bit on Firestorm. I admire that you are sticking in there, if all I saw on the other end was [GAF] -- I'd leave.

Xux

MuseManMike said:
We went back and forth for a little bit on Firestorm. I admire that you are sticking in there, if all I saw on the other end was [GAF] -- I'd leave.

Haha, yeah, freakin' annoying that they all left for that Seine game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Xux said:

What stack? That team was with us when we crushed them THREE TIMES and then ragequitted as you came in. Don't cry because I held C, BruiserK got in a tank. I run around the area to his tank. And then proceed to hold the line against your team to make them be butthurt ragequitting.

This is a fucking awesome mission, just FYI.

This mission kinda sucks on Hard, but it sucks in general anyway. Hate tandem shots and now I have to redo it for the achievement that means NO MISSING HEADS going through the whole mission. UGH.

And this last one took Dream and me a WHILE to get through. We kept getting downed somewhere along the way and it was either me or him that were out somewhere and the other couldn't reach them or was in the line of fire trying to revive. Ugh. But once we got to the last room we nailed it. Had a close call but it was great. The last bit is a QTE for me while I think Dream pulled a CoD4 Mile High Club pistol hostage taking shot to save me. Nice.

Glad I learned how to fly early. My stats took a hit ( in the end does it even matter? ) but at least I don't have to deal with learning how to fly with all the constant lock on's.

Tawpgun

Anyone else feel Recon got nerfed hard?

The SOFLAM is essentially a stationary tracer that needs a direct line of sight.
The MAV is just the UAV sans offensive capabilities.
It's not even that the equipment is underpowered, its just that they don't reward you well for it. I spent like 10 minutes in the MAV, marking people, and I doubt I got more than 300 points by the end of it. With the SOFLAM you need an engineer with you to be of any use.

You don't even get points for people spawning on your beacon or someone killing someone who appeared on the TUGS motion tracker.

Evolved1

computers putin' said:
Glad I learned how to fly early. My stats took a hit ( in the end does it even matter? ) but at least I don't have to deal with learning how to fly with all the constant lock on's.

I took some time while we were steamrolling today to mess around with a jet for half a round.

I can fly them now. Even shot down one plane. I still need 200 more points for flares though. I got locked every damn time and dropped in under a minute. Ended with a 2/8 KDR which is my worst ever in a Battlefield round.

Between this stupid unlock shit, FLASHIGHT HORSESHIT, and massive lag... the game is really bothering me. The garbage chokepoint infantry maps dominate the rotation. Stupid little annoyances everywhere.

A27 Tawpgun said:
You don't even get points for people spawning on your beacon or someone killing someone who appeared on the TUGS motion tracker.

You get points for both of these things.

My SPM is the same as Recon or Engineer (and I'm a vehicle whore engineer and vehicle buster). Recon is an incredibly powerful class imo. But I play it with an SMG... I can;t speak to the effectiveness of camper recons.

Evolved1 said:
I took some time while we were steamrolling today to mess around with a jet for half a round.

I can fly them now. Even shot down one plane. I still need 200 more points for flares though. I got locked every damn time and dropped in under a minute. Ended with a 2/8 KDR which is my worst ever in a Battlefield round.

Between this stupid unlock shit, FLASHIGHT HORSESHIT, and massive lag... the game is really bothering me. The garbage chokepoint infantry maps dominate the rotation. Stupid little annoyances everywhere.

I haven't had a real good round in a jet yet, at least not in the most common sense. At the most I've gone for a 1.0+ k/d while in a jet, with a few destroyed tanks through the round. Gotta be prepared for that in a jet though, since you really can't do anything to infantry and you got 2 or 3 guys trying to shoot you down at all times.

Yeah, there is a lack of polish for sure; and the flashlights are like a fucking undermounted sun on your gun...... that will still blind you even in broad daylight, it's stupid.

Evolved1

computers putin' said:
^^^
recon is definitely the least enticing class to play thats for sure, unless you really like sniping.

Don't agree. Sure, they have no answer for vehicles... but they are the best class for tactical players. The motion sensor and spawn beacon make them one of the most powerful classes for CQB and teamwork.

I'm a damn good engineer, but my SPM actually went up since switching to assault recon.

Tawpgun

Evolved1 said:
You get points for both of these things.

My SPM is the same as Recon or Engineer (and I'm a vehicle whore engineer and vehicle buster). Recon is an incredibly powerful class imo. But I play it with an SMG... I can;t speak to the effectiveness of camper recons.
I play it as a marksman class with the MK 11 with 4x Scope.

But are you sure people spawning on your beacon/killing enemies marked with the TUGS gives you points? If it does it sure doesn't show it.

Evolved1

The platoon stats are so screwed up... lol totally wrong. Our best recon has never even played recon for more that a few mins.

They need to fix this shit.

TheSeks

A27 Tawpgun said:
But are you sure people spawning on your beacon/killing enemies marked with the TUGS gives you points? If it does it sure doesn't show it.

ITT: People spreading FUD because they don't play recon 24/7 like those of us do because we play recon the proper damn way unlike Joe Q. Random.

YES it gives points. YES the T-UGS gives motion mine assists. YES the no-offensive other than a lock-on for equipment (AFAIK) for the MAV sucks unless you can roadkill... which I can't seem to do and I'm not sure if it is possible at all sucks. But if you have a team that is on the ball and knows what they're doing you will get MASSIVE points for using the MAV/T-UGS and putting them in a good spot for the mini-map to light up like a christmas tree and people to FUCKING SPAWN on the beacon you place for points as well.

Recon isn't nerfed except that the UAV/MAV replacement has no offensive capability but if it did it would probably break the game given how small it is and versatile it is in some things.

Evolved1

All the spotting ribbons I have came from just one game when I used the MAV with some gaffers. It's was points christmas.

I generally run with TUGS though, because I like to be in the fight.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
All the spotting ribbons I have came from just one game when I used the MAV with some gaffers. It's was points christmas.

I generally run with TUGS though, because I like to be in the fight.

I don't really like the T-UGS much because I prefer THROWING the motion mines of BC2 from safety instead of having to rush to set them up and then forget them and stay alive for them to be active forever, basically.

The MAV on Tehran Highway is devestating if you have a team that knows whats up. I did and got like 6+ motion mine assist ribbons because of it and I was still in the starting spawn for that whole match. LITERALLY. I plopped my ass down in the invincible spawn crack and just flew. GG DICE making sure defenders can't reach me. Pyohohohohoho~
---

Just for the record: I will not be doing Hard co-op anymore now that I got the achievement because frankly I don't need the headache. I do however need help with the following co-op only achievments:

Mission 1 (Easy, should be able to do this on Easy):
Mission 3 (Easy? Tandem shots is the problem): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVMgFE2dO44
Mission 4 (Easy. Just play on Easy and watch your back and health): Reach the garage without going into man-down state in Hit and Run. So basically don't fall for the whole level until you get in the car.
Mission 5 (Easy, provided we play on easy and kill people in two shots. Seems you DO NOT need to headshot just make sure it isn't "runner" mode): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wf8WWiVDl8

If anyone wants to help me with those, let me know.

Recon isn't nerfed (if anything the mav is a big step up from the motion sensors)

However, the class is certainly underrated and unappreciated.

seks said:
Just for the record: I will not be doing Hard co-op anymore now that I got the achievement because frankly I don't need the headache. I do however need help with the following co-op only achievments

You jerk, you changed mission 3 to normal for me so I got to find someone else to do it on hard with.

olimpia84

CatPee said:

Yes I did. It's the best setup I think but I still have to practice a lot, I keep getting owned by those lock on missiles.

olimpia84

Finally got to level 34 and unlocked the Saiga. It's not as powerful as in BC2...it has less damage and most importantly a slower rate of fire. I wonder how the USAS12 will fare against it hmm

Ketch

So an artist friend of mine made this for us, fashioned after the other GAF Platoon logos from the OT... not sure if we want to use it as our Platoon logo or not, just thought people might like it.

faa7d9f3762ac109fa7e3ec7f3b231e930d38fe8432bbb81829eed93d222a9956g.jpg

JJD

Fersis said:
Lol what? Iori is a beast and EX Iori is even 'beastier'!

ESPERAME HERMANO IBERICO ROCKSCAR!

Rockscar game is already on the way Fersis! Better find yours fast! :)

I find it pretty much amazing that Rockscar is the 126th player in the PS3 BC2 ranking. He played mostly with randoms and I've never seem him piloting a chopper like most of the guys at the top do 24/7. Rock is a beast!

Also, how the fuck Battlelog tracks skill? Played a game at Canals, I was the second best player overall, my team won by 98 tickets and I lost -73.8 points in skill. My K/D was 15/13! WTF??? I'm losing skill points in games that not only my team win, but my K/D average is highly positive and I get the MVP ribbon!

JJD

EasyTGT said:
So an artist friend of mine made this for us, fashioned after the other GAF Platoon logos from the OT... not sure if we want to use it as our Platoon logo or not, just thought people might like it.

faa7d9f3762ac109fa7e3ec7f3b231e930d38fe8432bbb81829eed93d222a9956g.jpg

I think that's pretty damn cool! He just need to find if there's a way to integrate the Gaf logo in it!

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
Maps are getting boring >.>.
Port over bc2 maps dice. That or port these maps over to bc2 and I'll be in heaven.
Agreed. They are way too static. Maybe Karkand will be better. And if they do introduce new maps (that they haven't worked on yet) maybe they'll utilize FB2.0 in a more creative manner.

Bruiserk

Dreamgazer said:
You don't like full scale destruction? :p

Neither is going to happen anyway.

Er, That's what I meant. I don't like the destruction in BF3. So when you said BC2 it made me think of BF3 maps fully destructible. So to answer your question, I guess I would rather have BC2 maps ported over to BF3. lol, i'm tired.

Fuck me..
Anyone else getting a BF2>>>BFBC2>BF3 vibe from the game?
I'm just slowly but surely not feeling it....its just not "fun" after a while.

Sadly its the best shooter on the market and I think I'm already getting tired of it. Feel like I'm forcing myself to play :(

Oh well, maybe after a few more days it will regain its charm.

red731

Do we have any particular server that most of us are joining?
I would like to add some PS3 server i to my favourites in the browser.

And..I might as well cancel all the preorders that I have just because I will be/am playing this game all day, night...

edit: I am very good at controlling jets, but I have problems getting just even one kill with them.
Where do I point when flying behind enemy aircraft?
I know that in front of the enemy plane, but should I look at that little circle I see when aiming? It is dragging and I THINK it may be the one and only thing to get kills when shooting..
It drags in the way I am aiming so that must be definetly it....

JJD

Evolved I need help with the chopper co op mission on hard! My piloting skills just aren't good enough...

You're up for it sometime?

Top Bottom