• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

jorma

is now taking requests
Ok so do i need to do something after i've been accepted to the platoon/clan? I see zero options in the game menu, there is no indication of members online unless they are in my friend list, and i dont have a clan tag, and in the leaderboards there is a 'global' leaderboard and a 'friend' leaderboard, no platoon leaderboard.

But i am a member in ps3 gaf on the website, and i set it as primary. Is it really supposed to be this shitty and bareboned? I mean seriously.

Evolved1 said:
Don't agree. Sure, they have no answer for vehicles... but they are the best class for tactical players. The motion sensor and spawn beacon make them one of the most powerful classes for CQB and teamwork.

I'm a damn good engineer, but my SPM actually went up since switching to assault recon.

Forgot about the spawn beacon

So in that sense I agree with you. The motion sensor and spawn beacon are great assets to have and make the class worth while. Now if only there was someway to get all the randoms out there to play recon that way......

red731

jorma said:
Ok so do i need to do something after i've been accepted to the platoon/clan? I see zero options in the game menu, there is no indication of members online unless they are in my friend list, and i dont have a clan tag, and in the leaderboards there is a 'global' leaderboard and a 'friend' leaderboard, no platoon leaderboard.

But i am a member in ps3 gaf on the website, and i set it as primary. Is it really supposed to be this shitty and bareboned? I mean seriously.

You can set tag in edit profile on battlelog and yeah. We are in platoon, but unless we are not friends on consoles, we can't even see any other online platoon member.

I would like something like platoon join or more options of creating games with our platoon.

And when I check for games, the ingame server browser doesn't show right number of friends playing on servers...

tsigo

How the fuck am I supposed to unlock IR flares when I get shot down, no exaggeration, 5 seconds after I take off? Without fail.

jorma

is now taking requests
red731 said:
You can set tag in edit profile on battlelog and yeah. We are in platoon, but unless we are not friends on consoles, we can't even see any other online platoon member.

I would like something like platoon join or more options of creating games with our platoon.

And when I check for games, the ingame server browser doesn't show right number of friends playing on servers...

Wow, i even left and rejoined the platoon thinking something must be wrong.

red731

I was playing on some HARDCORE server this morning and couldn't switch to 3rd person when driving/flying. Is that because of the mode? Because it would make sense...
when you are driving car you can't magicaly see all your surrounding from air...
HARDCORE....and deep

JJD

red731 said:
I was playing on some HARDCORE server this morning and couldn't switch to 3rd person when driving/flying. Is that because of the mode? Because it would make sense...
when you are driving car you can't magicaly see all your surrounding from air...
HARDCORE....and deep

That's right, hardcore removes not only the hud, but the 3rd person option too!

JJD said:
Evolved I need help with the chopper co op mission on hard! My piloting skills just aren't good enough...

You're up for it sometime?

I can also do piloting for that mission on hard at anytime.

*notes that he has a higher score for that mission than evolved*

tsigo said:
How the fuck am I supposed to unlock IR flares when I get shot down, no exaggeration, 5 seconds after I take off? Without fail.

Well the better question is.
What you need jets for?

computers putin' said:
Forgot about the spawn beacon

So in that sense I agree with you. The motion sensor and spawn beacon are great assets to have and make the class worth while. Now if only there was someway to get all the randoms out there to play recon that way......

We can't even get gaf regulars to appreciate the class.

Get a mav up on firestorm defense and the attackers are pretty much doomed.
Unless your whole team are a bunch of morons who don't read maps.

Get a t-ugs and beacon up in crossing first set-B and the m-com is pretty much invulnerable.
Unless your whole team are a bunch of morons who don't stay near m-coms.

<- moron who can't stand even losing a single m-com in life.

tsigo said:
It's more helicopters than jets, but the question applied to both.

If you absolutely can't get choppers to stay up:
Get someone else who has IR flares,etc to fly the chopper and be their gunner. Earn points that way till you get the flares unlocked.

As for jets, you already know my answer.

My ISP hates me. Can't play any proper matches right now as my internet connection keeps disconnecting randomly.

Will try to get them to fix this issue ASAP :/ In the meantime i apologize to those on my friendlist for popping online and offline on PSN all the time.

Dave1988

Dreamgazer said:
We can't even get gaf regulars to appreciate the class.

Get a mav up on firestorm defense and the attackers are pretty much doomed.
Unless your whole team are a bunch of morons who don't read maps.

Get a t-ugs and beacon up in crossing first set-B and the m-com is pretty much invulnerable.
Unless your whole team are a bunch of morons who don't stay near m-coms.

<- moron who can't stand even losing a single m-com in life.

So like every game with randoms ever? ;p

Dave1988 said:
So like every game with randoms ever? ;p

I don't want to name names XD

For randoms I wouldn't even bother playing recon. There is no expectation for them to even understand the concept of tactics.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I need somebody's help to get me the 6 kills with air vehicle

I'm 4 ribbons away from Gold Trophy

Need 6 kills with flying
Destroy 3 MCOMS (really is a bitch)
7 suppression assists, my max is 5 =/
Kill 2 people with emplaced weapons, yeah but by the time I destroy vehicle occupants have left the fucking vehicle

Gonna fix my sleeping schedule, it's all fucked up

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
You jerk, you changed mission 3 to normal for me so I got to find someone else to do it on hard with.

I told you it was your choice because I already finished that mission on hard. You were all "DERP HURRY UP!" so I shrugged and went Normal. ReggieNotMyProblem.jpg because you can't take a minute to let me know. :p

That last bit on Hard is a bitch and I've noticed on Normal you'll sit down and just stay there. You can't do that on Hard with the snipers across the street and provided it doesn't glitch on you like it did us with people warping through the wall one person covers the approach.

Like I said: I did it with a random, it is completely possible to do but it requires both players to get into cover and then one plays revive duty at that area while the other attempts to not take too much damage while clearing the enemies out. It's tough and I won't be doing that mission again on Hard. >_>

GraveRobberX said:
>>Not needing Squad Wipe<<

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!? I ALWAYS GET ONE SQUAD WIPE IF EVER AND NEVER A SECOND IN THE ROUND! HOW DID YOU DO IT!? ARGHHHHH!!!!

Edit: Also I e-mailed Amazon Support and they apparently gave me the dogtag pack and physical warfare pack in two e-mails. Being nice and asking didn't hurt even if I didn't use my real-name on my wishlist amazon.com account. >_>

Hmm... code doesn't work but they said they'll get back to me, so maybe. >_>

DarkFlow

Banned
Lol hey evolved, I was able to roadkill 5 guys in a match with the mav. Just line up and hit decend as you charge them. It's kinda hit or miss, but if you aim for the body it works okay.

GraveRobberX said:
I need somebody's help to get me the 6 kills with air vehicle

I'm 4 ribbons away from Gold Trophy

Need 6 kills with flying
Destroy 3 MCOMS (really is a bitch)
7 suppression assists, my max is 5 =/
Kill 2 people with emplaced weapons, yeah but by the time I destroy vehicle occupants have left the fucking vehicle

I never had trouble getting several of these. The suppression assist is annoying because you can't effectively get that yourself. Same goes for the Anti-Explosives ribbon.

TheSeks

Noisepurge said:
I never had trouble getting several of these. The suppression assist is annoying because you can't effectively get that yourself. Same goes for the Anti-Explosives ribbon.

Er-Surpression isn't that hard. Go into Metro, go into the tunnels on defense. So long as you are in an area where the enemy is: FIRE AROUND THEM and have someone kill them.

Squad Wipe is the HARDEST one to get, IMO because you have no clue who is on a squad and how many of them there are.

4 person squads are annoying to do this for and frankly if GAF ever clears a server out I'm close to begging to cheat and "boost" it by having someone switch teams and do a two person squad to die for me because it's EXTREMELY LUCK BASED to get. Seriously, DICE: This shouldn't require 2 wipes in a round. Just give me it for clearing a squad out because they couldn't spread out. Please.

I guess I can see stationary being hard but frankly I haven't even seen a stationary weapon in the game to even KNOW that.

jorma

is now taking requests
everyone will get squad wipe sooner or later, since it's just random. i know that i've given them out plenty of times. and i got the ribbon in the beta, with a fraction of the playtime.

TheSeks

Dave1988 said:
I got this ribbon in a pub game with randoms.

*smug*

:p

Then you got extremely lucky, because even in clusterfucks in Metro's tunnels defending B I NEVER get it. It's so annoying.

Seriously: I'm 40/45. I'm missing:

-Squad Wipe, obviously.
-Defend 4 M-COM stations (possible to do by disarming, IIRC but half of GAF goes for the crate in Rush on defense and fuck going for disarming myself with randoms)
-In a round get 2 Nemesis kills (if someone is my Nemesis it never indicates it like it does in BC2. >:|)
-2 Kills with Emplaced Weapons (WHERE THE FUCK ARE THESE!?)
-6 kills with air vehicles (could've gotten this yesterday if Brusier actually sat still and didn't hardlock me when I was gunning at tanks. "NO! NO! GO BACK! THEY'RE BAILING OUT AND REPAIRING! LET ME KILL--ARGH!")

jorma

is now taking requests
i dont really get the nemesis kills one. do i really need to let some dude go 5-0 against me, and then come back and kill him twice? why would i want THAT ribbon? :O

TheSeks

jorma said:
i dont really get the nemesis kills one. do i really need to let some dude go 5-0 against me, and then come back and kill him twice? why would i want THAT ribbon? :O

Because you finally killed someone annoying. It doesn't mean they're good. It just means they got you when you were unaware. I've had some good teams take me by surprise in Bad Company 2 with sniping to my annoyance of them getting Nemesis on me. Was satisfying finally throwing a tank shell up where they were and getting them all.

That one isn't really hard, it's just that there is no indicator for the Nemesis plus tracking them down with the current BF3 maps is more annoying to do than it is in BC2

Also watching the jet tutorial: How is he doing that 90 degree turn thing? Just tapping the stick to the left/right? I really wish there was transcriptions. >:|

Anyone fly a jet, press the afterburner, and then feel like no increase of speed has occured?

Also...in the jets, what the shit is all the "CRASH, BANG, BOOM" when your flying ? Its almost like the plane is backfiring.
I'm guessing its some half ass "realism" because the plane is taking some type of G force or some other nonsense.

Woorloog

Banned
Pkm said:
Anyone fly a jet, press the afterburner, and then feel like no increase of speed has occured?

Also...in the jets, what the shit is all the "CRASH, BANG, BOOM" when your flying ? Its almost like the plane is backfiring.
I'm guessing its some half ass "realism" because the plane is taking some type of G force or some other nonsense.
Sound barrier maybe? Alternatively it is a turbulence.

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
Then you got extremely lucky, because even in clusterfucks in Metro's tunnels defending B I NEVER get it. It's so annoying.

Seriously: I'm 40/45. I'm missing:

-Squad Wipe, obviously.
-Defend 4 M-COM stations (possible to do by disarming, IIRC but half of GAF goes for the crate in Rush on defense and fuck going for disarming myself with randoms)
-In a round get 2 Nemesis kills (if someone is my Nemesis it never indicates it like it does in BC2. >:|)
-2 Kills with Emplaced Weapons (WHERE THE FUCK ARE THESE!?)
-6 kills with air vehicles (could've gotten this yesterday if Brusier actually sat still and didn't hardlock me when I was gunning at tanks. "NO! NO! GO BACK! THEY'RE BAILING OUT AND REPAIRING! LET ME KILL--ARGH!")

Lol sorry. I'm confused, what do you mean by hard lock? Was I on the other team?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JJD said:
Rockscar game is already on the way Fersis! Better find yours fast! :)

I find it pretty much amazing that Rockscar is the 126th player in the PS3 BC2 ranking. He played mostly with randoms and I've never seem him piloting a chopper like most of the guys at the top do 24/7. Rock is a beast!

Also, how the fuck Battlelog tracks skill? Played a game at Canals, I was the second best player overall, my team won by 98 tickets and I lost -73.8 points in skill. My K/D was 15/13! WTF??? I'm losing skill points in games that not only my team win, but my K/D average is highly positive and I get the MVP ribbon!
Awesome.

If everyone goes according to plan (plan means keikaku) ill have internet and BF3 by this weekend.

Woorloog said:
Sound barrier maybe? Alternatively it is a turbulence.

Is there even a speed display?

I miss the old palnes :( (except, fuck the J-10 after the plane patch!)

I had my JoyStick and Throttle on the side of my desk...used to know how to drop throttle to and use afterburners to get into some amazing dog fights. Now I feel like I'm flying at 50mph, I have ZERO visability, just a cramped cockput view.
And the jets had a purpose to take down the bombers and/or defend the bombers..
Christ, reminds me how much I miss bombers too!! lol Carpet bombing a row of tanks was epic or laser designating them, man..such good times..
Even the weak ass planes (warhog etc..) from the the expansion were more fun then these turds.

Also, you can switch firing mode on the guns? I saw on the info about each gun it shows its type of fire. Like one showed it was capable of single shot and burst...but I couldnt figure out of to do it :(
Dont tell me they took this out too..

Does the PC version of the game have more options then the console version? Cause while I'm digging the game as a new version of BFBC, everytime I stop and think to myself that this is the sequel to a game I played for over 2000 hours (BF2) I get sick to my stomach with disgust.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TheSeks said:
Er-Surpression isn't that hard. Go into Metro, go into the tunnels on defense. So long as you are in an area where the enemy is: FIRE AROUND THEM and have someone kill them.

Squad Wipe is the HARDEST one to get, IMO because you have no clue who is on a squad and how many of them there are.

4 person squads are annoying to do this for and frankly if GAF ever clears a server out I'm close to begging to cheat and "boost" it by having someone switch teams and do a two person squad to die for me because it's EXTREMELY LUCK BASED to get. Seriously, DICE: This shouldn't require 2 wipes in a round. Just give me it for clearing a squad out because they couldn't spread out. Please.

I guess I can see stationary being hard but frankly I haven't even seen a stationary weapon in the game to even KNOW that.
Squad Wipe seemed easier to get in the beta. I got it every couple of games by chance in that but haven't gotten it once in the final game. I've gotten a couple of eliminated bonuses but never more than once in a game.

todahawk

Bruiserk said:
Also, is there someway that the javelin can lock on to airborne vehicles? I swear to god I did it once.

Laser designator

edit: goddamit, beaten (do you do this with tanks too?)

edit#2: and then drive away and ignore me as I scream for a ride?

TheSeks

Bruiserk said:
Lol sorry. I'm confused, what do you mean by hard lock? Was I on the other team?

Get in the gunner seat in co-op. Focus on a target and start firing. Have the pilot move over it and then do viewfinding around all directions. TAH-DAH, the "hard lock" when you can't move further. The gunner position "locks" at a certain point and you can't go further so it's annoying firing on an enemy and attempting to get kills/suppress them and NOPE the pilot moves over or away or out of view.

Roboplato said:
Squad Wipe seemed easier to get in the beta. I got it every couple of games by chance in that but haven't gotten it once in the final game. I've gotten a couple of eliminated bonuses but never more than once in a game.

It's why I'm saying they need to lower it (and Nemesis) to one per round. It's crazy stupid to attempt to get two and it's EXTREMELY LUCK to get two of either in a round.

Tawpgun

If I use the SOFLAM on a helicopter/jet, can a SMAW/RPG take it down?

I'm still trying to think if a way to justify the SOFLAM's existence because it has done jack shit for me.

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
Get in the gunner seat in co-op. Focus on a target and start firing. Have the pilot move over it and then do viewfinding around all directions. TAH-DAH, the "hard lock" when you can't move further. The gunner position "locks" at a certain point and you can't go further so it's annoying firing on an enemy and attempting to get kills/suppress them and NOPE the pilot moves over or away or out of view.

Bro, so sorry. I usually fly in third person so I totally forget about the little graphic that tells you where the gunner is sitting while in first person. I'll make sure to look at that next time. Don't give up on me yet!

Woorloog

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:

I'm still trying to think if a way to justify the SOFLAM's existence because it has done jack shit for me.
SMAW and RPG don't become missile no matter how much you track targets. Wait till people unlock Laser Guided Missiles (Tank Guided shell, IFV alternative weapon, helo gunner weapon), then painting targets with SOFLAM becomes useful.

todahawk

A27 Tawpgun said:

I'd like to know this as well.

One of the "quick facts" that plays while missions are loading said something about it "designating targets even when not in use"? Maybe I was drunk but that made no sense to me. But my reading comprehension is shit anyways so it might have said something completely different.

FWIW, I've taken out multiple helicopters and one jet with unguided RPGs/SMAWs in BF3. Chalk that up to all the practice in BC2.

Woorloog

Banned
greenjerk said:
One of the "quick facts" that plays while missions are loading said something about it "designating targets even when not in use"? Maybe I was drunk but that made no sense to me. But my reading comprehension is shit anyways so it might have said something completely different.
Slap the SOFLAM somewhere, do whatever you like and the SOFLAM will automaticlly spot targets if it can see them. That's how i understood it anyway.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bruiserk said:
Also, is there someway that the javelin can lock on to airborne vehicles? I swear to god I did it once.

If there's ANY real world application to the weapon the only air you would be able to use it on is slow moving/stationary helis.

JJD

Woorloog said:
Slap the SOFLAM somewhere, do whatever you like and the SOFLAM will automaticlly spot targets if it can see them. That's how i understood it anyway.

That would actually be cool, since I don't see anyone picking the SOFLAM over the beacon or t-ugs. That way you could just plant the SOFLAM somewhere nice and after you die and respawn pick whatever gadget you like. You could even respawn as an engineer to pick the locks with a stinger!

TheSeks

JJD said:
That would actually be cool, since I don't see anyone picking the SOFLAM over the beacon or t-ugs. That way you could just plant the SOFLAM somewhere nice and after you die and respawn pick whatever gadget you like. You could even respawn as an engineer to pick the locks with a stinger!

Except equipment respawns/stops working on respawn/different class. Unless it's AT Mines.

Top Bottom