• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

PandaL

I already said DICE has been working on "next-gen" specs with Frostbite 2.0 for a few years now. So yes, it's extremely likely BF4 will be on the PSC720.

GIF_003.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As i thought : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ29P-U2-2Q

Input-lag is till in.

It may or may not still be there but it's a lot better than it was before. Have you tried the patch? You may not notice it anymore?

Odyessus said:
But they're beta testing on 360/PS3 hardware...

If by "beta test" you mean "scaled down for performance reasons," then yes. They're "beta testing."

IIRC DICE's stated the engine scales up well for 64-bit Win 7 and beyond. IIRC it also supports DX11? With next-gen happening I'm sure the 720 and PS4 is going to be on DX11-12 specs.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lol. Your an annoying threat to me. You play real slow and take your time which is a problem against me because of my aggression. You always seem to flank me.
mvxfn.jpg

You don't screw around, you go for objectives and are overall a great support although you do great holding your own.

What I like most about your style is that you're not as aggressive as some players on PS3 GAF.

You're as skilled as anyone but you're much more careful when pushing. This is important, balance is important, if we're all super aggressive we will have to spawn on the base, far away from the action too many times.

Most of us aggressive players die a lot, and you're always alive close to the objectives allowing us to spawn on you. That is super important, specially on rush.

CLycD.gif

If by "beta test" you mean "scaled down for performance reasons," then yes. They're "beta testing."

IIRC DICE's stated the engine scales up well for 64-bit Win 7 and beyond. IIRC it also supports DX11? With next-gen happening I'm sure the 720 and PS4 is going to be on DX11-12 specs.

I misunderstood what you were saying :p

IMPORTANT:

Was AA off or on?

D_D

Seems like it's off with all the jaggies. Either that or he's playing at a lower resolution.

As i thought : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ29P-U2-2Q

Input-lag is till in.

i'd like to point out that i counted the frames in this video and at 266ms it's actually WORSE input lag than pre-patch, which means either his TV setup is adding more input lag or it is in fact worse since the patch (it's not).

it's not that good of a test without showing both versions on the same setup using the same video input.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Shout out to dantheman... I know he reads the thread sometimes... good player all around and imo maybe the best gunner/copilot since Cal in BC2.

Absolutely owned me yesterday while he was gunning with bK in the cobra, and helped keep my tank up for a few rounds of rush when I was rolling without smoke. By the end of one rush round their entire team was to the point of trying to kamikaze us with C4, but their attempts were futile.

I bought Premium on my 360 last night but I still cannot access Close Quarters (tells me I do not have the proper maps); I was able to download Kirkland map pack (2~ish GBs) and I read online that MP Update 3 held all these maps and that Premium just unlocks them. Should I delete the 2gig Kirkland pack and just try re-installing MP Update 3?

tn2007

Does anyone know if you can use the grenade launcher from gun master in other modes? And if you can, how viable is it on grand bazaar first set?

Evolved1

Does anyone know if you can use the grenade launcher from gun master in other modes? And if you can, how viable is it on grand bazaar first set?

It's the LVG... you get it as an Assault. It's awesome on Bazaar.

Evolved1

So ricocheting it off the wall on B wasn't that helpful?

The thing has a very low trajectory but pretty decent velocity (despite its name) so unlike a frag that you need to arc (or sacrifice distance for low trajectory) the LVG is a straight shot.

You can put it through the doorways and land much further into rooms than a frag. I like it for CQB maps.

BoatAck

So ricocheting it off the wall on B wasn't that helpful?

That's what I was using it for. It is decent for that MCOM if there are a lot of people in the room and they have explosives set up. It just feels like it doesn't do as much damage as a regular grenade or the 320 and it doesn't bounce enough to get the people sitting in the corners. I usually only use it on that set and then switch

tn2007

That's what I was using it for. It is decent for that MCOM if there are a lot of people in the room and they have explosives set up. It just feels like it doesn't do as much damage as a regular grenade or the 320 and it doesn't bounce enough to get the people sitting in the corners. I usually only use it on that set and then switch

Yeah I was planning to use it for that set only. I'll try it out later today to see if its worth using.

Evolved1

Yeah I was planning to use it for that set only. I'll try it out later today to see if its worth using.

It's really great for the last set on Bazaar... I think A crate (left side if attacking) you can get it all the way down the hallway and you have like 6-7 rounds plus your two reg frags!

BoatAck

The thing has a very low trajectory but pretty decent velocity (despite its name) so unlike a frag that you need to arc (or sacrifice distance for low trajectory) the LVG is a straight shot.

You can put it through the doorways and land much further into rooms than a frag. I like it for CQB maps.

I wish it bounced like the grenade launcher in Goldeneye.

It's really great for the last set on Bazaar... I think A crate (left side if attacking) you can get it all the way down the hallway and you have like 6-7 rounds plus your two reg frags!

I've found the regular m320 to be more useful for that set.
Approach from the outside, blow the garage door down and just aim at the doorway from under the bridge area. See someone running through - pop a straight m320 shot at them >.>

The LVG been useful for me at
Bazaar 1B, Sharqui Last set B (tv tower) and Kharg 1B.
Although the thing been really moot ever since they shortened the grenade resupply time.

(Frag grenades are the last item to get resupplied, so assuming all your weapons are fully reloaded - you can just sit on top of an ammo pack and throw grenades one after another.)

TheSeks

I love getting team switched at the end of the round to where it's 4 vs 1 (me), constantly.

THANKS DICE! *dripping sarcasm*

TheSeks

Getting an EOD bot kill is the dumbest fucking thing possible to put in an assignment.

Seine Defense, first set. So long as the LAV parks somewhere to fire on someone you can take the EOD bot through the tunnels to the LAV and no one will probably notice. It's how I did mine.

It's ok we won, and it was thanks to faceless stealing their tank. That dude bad company was straight beasting too.

<- borrowing King

Getting an EOD bot kill is the dumbest fucking thing possible to put in an assignment.

i got both of mine pretty easily. the trick is not to go for it. just have the EOD Bot equipped when you would normally play Engineer and then when you see an opportunity, take it. the people driving the EOD Bots around all game are just wasting their time and making it obvious and putting people on notice!

Evolved1

So the first part of the new assignments I completed was the rpg'n air vehicles. haha

JJD

(Frag grenades are the last item to get resupplied, so assuming all your weapons are fully reloaded - you can just sit on top of an ammo pack and throw grenades one after another.)

I played a Metro game with Dave, THN, Hunting, Ejas and a couple other gaffers against two really good, really aggressive clans.

Dave and me were in charge of watching Bravo backstairs while the others took care of the front. I was a recon with the tugs strategically positioned and the 2 grenade perk, Dave was a support.

He dropped one ammo pack between us and we tossed grenades on the stairs one after the other for like 20 minutes straight in that game.

Anyone could have unlocked the second requirement of the Scar-L assignment in a single game doing that.

Those 2 clans never stood a chance, that shit is too overpowered. Every time they got close to backstairs BOOM a frag exploded in their face! Lol!

Top Bottom