• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Quick summary of my BF 3 experience so far

- Teammates aren't teammates, they're dumb bots. It's all a conspiracy and I'm the only one in the world playing online. Humans can't possibly be as dumb as my team members.
- The weapons live, sometimes they fire/do damage properly and when they feel like it they say 'lol f*uk you' and troll you in the middle of a battle.
- Speaking of those weapons, the accuracy is so random at times that fired bullets shoot off-screen
- I have discovered the materials used in the most modern armor avaible today: leaves.
- The game decides when it's enough. Have a high score? A good K/D? Too bad cause the game is gonna freeze on you lololololol

Just got a bunch of hate mail for using a bipod with an m16. Not sure what to think about that lol.

I use bipod on every gun I can. Having a rock-solid reticle because of a nearby trashcan, wall, windowsill, etc. is invaluable and will beat hipfire nearly every time.

Metro needs Support players, too. Not only am I providing needed ammo (you easily run out because you're always being revived), but my loud, constant gunfire is an enemy distraction!

BoatAck

I use bipod on every gun I can. Having a rock-solid reticle because of a nearby trashcan, wall, windowsill, etc. is invaluable and will beat hipfire nearly every time.

I tried using the bipod yesterday and every time I would try and spot someone my soldier would disable the bipod. What am I doing wrong?

JHall

- Teammates aren't teammates, they're dumb bots. It's all a conspiracy and I'm the only one in the world playing online. Humans can't possibly be as dumb as my team members.
- The weapons live, sometimes they fire/do damage properly and when they feel like it they say 'lol f*uk you' and troll you in the middle of a battle.
- Speaking of those weapons, the accuracy is so random at times that fired bullets shoot off-screen
- I have discovered the materials used in the most modern armor avaible today: leaves.
- The game decides when it's enough. Have a high score? A good K/D? Too bad cause the game is gonna freeze on you lololololol

Join a new squad, all three teammates are triple perking ammo
kappa.png

tn2007

Thank you THN for offering your services without concent to help me complete drop em' like liquid

yQz9G.gif

It will be fun and we are helping out a gaffer. Plus we can make another competition out of it since we are tied 1-1.

Does CQ have squad deathmatch? That would be fun and quick.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It will be fun and we are helping out a gaffer. Plus we can make another competition out of it since we are tied 1-1.

Was not expecting that response... How dare you >_>
----

I don't know if Close Qs has SQDM

EDIT: yes CQs can do SQDM

but not many people play SQDM on those maps

OG Kush

Damage decreases over distance. And accuracy is effected by your stance and movement.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm done with private servers... these admins are trolls.

Overdoziz

Banned
What happens if Team A has control over the flag that allows you to spawn in the AC-130 and Team B captures it while they're are still members of Team A in the plane? Do they just get kicked out?

What happens if Team A has control over the flag that allows you to spawn in the AC-130 and Team B captures it while they're are still members of Team A in the plane? Do they just get kicked out?

I would think Team B would have to wait until Team A's AC130 is destroyed to get theirs.

looooooooool @ admin in that game i just joined with olimpia, jjd & dave

"don't shoot into the spawn"

'well, i'm at C, what about the snipers in the spawn shooting out of the spawn at us?'

"you can kill them if they're in the spawn just sitting there camping, just don't shoot people running out of the spawn trying to get out"

JJD

looooooooool @ admin in that game i just joined with olimpia, jjd & dave

"don't shoot into the spawn"

'well, i'm at C, what about the snipers in the spawn shooting out of the spawn at us?'

"you can kill them if they're in the spawn just sitting there camping, just don't shoot people running out of the spawn trying to get out"

I was banned from that server on that Metro game.

They're just hypocrites their whole team was spawn raping us on a Bazaar game and both admins. did nothing.

I swear this game hates me. Having played some shitty matches, then I go and dominate and redeem myself, suddenly my console freezes on me. Are you kidding me.

olimpia84

They're just hypocrites their whole team was spawn raping us on a Bazaar game and both admins. did nothing.

I switched to their team in that Sharqui round and called them out for that. He claims that his squad weren't spawn camping which I'm sure it's true but that doesn't mean the rest of his team weren't doing it. Anyways, he told me to message him next time it happens but nevertheless I was very upset at him and started yelling like crazy lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I switched to their team in that Sharqui round and called them out for that. He claims that his squad weren't spawn camping which I'm sure it's true but that doesn't mean the rest of his team weren't doing it. Anyways, he told me to message him next time it happens but nevertheless I was very upset at him and started yelling like crazy lol

I figured you either switched to yell at them or they cherry picked you from our squad... I accused them of the latter but don't really care if I was wrong. They were douches.

Overdoziz

Banned
What's the problem with spawncamping? Should I just wait around at the flag closest to their base for them to come to me? If you're team is getting spawnkilled they probably deserve it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is NOT a "close game". This is a "FUCKING STUPID MISTAKES" game. How the hell did we even fucking WIN when I gave up all hope of Faceless and Number 2 finally starting to either stop trolling the enemy base or get their asses in gear.

And WTF at Number 2 LANDING the helicopter we STOLE only to attempt to cap C, leaving me to pilot by myself.

Uh...? NEWSFLASH: Attack Helicopters with only a pilot is just as bad as a tank with only a pilot. YOU NEED A GUNNER.

wow, that was some serious pointfighting by the other team on firestorm.

who needs to shoot? just hide out on the roof of A and all over B and uncap-recap over and over.

two can play at that game though, 200 point comeback ftw!

TheSeks

wow, that was some serious pointfighting by the other team on firestorm.

who needs to shoot? just hide out on the roof of A and all over B and uncap-recap over and over.

two can play at that game though, 200 point comeback ftw!

DUUUUUUUUDE I was literally firing on their asses and spotting them. I was giving a BIG "please help me there" sign but you and Number 2 CONTINUED to go their base. WHY!? UGH!

yeah, in the caspian game i played, they were spawn camping our airfield, and so in the firestorm game i flew in and planted A mines at their tank spawn and the admin sent me a warning...

olimpia84

What's the problem with spawncamping? Should I just wait around at the flag closest to their base for them to come to me? If you're team is getting spawnkilled they probably deserve it.

I agree with you 100% on this but some people are too uptight about it. Today we played a Bazaar round were we managed to base trap a very good team of high level Colonels and we got a message about spawn camping (Evolved even got kicked) so we backed out with and let them come out of their base...huge mistake, they ended up capping C and then started to cap our flags and they got high level players reinforcements and we ended up losing the game by a few tickets...only to get spawn camped by their own team.

basically... yes. that's how some admins are...

DUUUUUUUUDE I was literally firing on their asses and spotting them. I was giving a BIG "please help me there" sign but you and Number 2 CONTINUED to go their base. WHY!? UGH!

i was having fun! i wasn't too worried until it was like 400-200, then i went into to pointfighting mode.

I lose all the time. Who gives a shit? C4 buggy all day.
C4 buggies are fun, and also super effective. i use them as a tool to win all the time! one of my fun strats is start of Karkand i spawn on [C] then C4 a buggy and head around the right side to sideswipe an enemy Tank or LAV with it.

Winning in this game is everything
For me, having fun in this game is everything.

winning is fun!

Overdoziz

Banned
Seriously though, most of the time I only play with one friend in BF3 so trying to go win while 10 blind monkeys are on our team is frustrating more than anything. Often I just screw around with C4 which is awesome.

Do some people not realize you can't get aimbots on consoles...?

I don't blame them, my aim was simply godlike in that match. Just kidding. I wonder why they can't just figure out that someone might actually be decent to good at something. I encounter lots of people who are better than I am at the game. Don't see me dropping F-bombs. Actually, in the case of the guy above, the conversation went as following:

He: nice aimbot you got there cheater fag
Me: Not aimbot bro, it's called skill. Thanks for the honor though.
He: (as the image shows) Will then good for you, how do you shoot so straight and accurate
Me: I've been using the same guns since the game launched, it's like driving a car. The longer you own it the better you get at driving at it
He: Well then power to you, good luck

Why the hell couldn't het figure that out himself? Look at the tone of the first message and the second.

------------------------

On another note, fuck shotsnigunpers (870, SPAS). Rediculously overpowered from long range (12G slug), once shot kill :/

TheSeks

I believe he's referring to the mechanic which blurs your screen and borks your accuracy. It shouldn't have been tweaked from what it was at launch. It was perfectly fine then.

Hahaha, no it wasn't. Suppression was useless in launch. Blurry screen! *shoots person suppressing from across the map* *Yawn*

Suppression now has a use. The only thing that's ridonkulous about it is the close-quarters suppression, which I partially blame on DICE not having various variables so they can micromanage tweak instead of buff/nerf across the board.

JJD

On another note, fuck shotsnigunpers (870, SPAS). Rediculously overpowered from long range (12G slug), once shot kill :/

You only got 1 shot kills with slugs at distance if you get a headshot. That's quite hard, I think it's fair (I don't use slugs personally, too difficult for me! Lol!).

Also, any of you guys hipfire consistently?

Hipfire is really good on PC but I've always had problem hipfiring on consoles. It's just not as accurate as hipfiring with a mouse.

Now I almost always aim down sights before shooting but every now and then when I'm in close quarters I'm killed in a fight that I know I could have won if I hipfired...

Top Bottom