• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

vixlar

You only got 1 shot kills with slugs at distance if you get a headshot. That's quite hard, I think it's fair (I don't use slugs personally, too difficult for me! Lol!).

Also, any of you guys hipfire consistently?

Hipfire is really good on PC but I've always had problem hipfiring on consoles. It's just not as accurate as hipfiring with a mouse.

Now I almost always aim down sights before shooting but every now and then when I'm in close quarters I'm killed in a fight that I know I could have won if I hipfired...

Actually, I've been training my hipfire... So I can equip my weapon with an optic aim, and use the aim on long distances and hipfire on close quarters. It can result in a powerful combo. With assault is devastating.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You only got 1 shot kills with slugs at distance if you get a headshot. That's quite hard, I think it's fair (I don't use slugs personally, too difficult for me! Lol!). Also, any of you guys hipfire consistently? Hipfire is really good on PC but I've always had problem hipfiring on consoles. It's just not as accurate as hipfiring with a mouse. Now I almost always aim down sights before shooting but every now and then when I'm in close quarters I'm killed in a fight that I know I could have won if I hipfired...

I'm a hipfire guy... lately, after watching some guy's videos on youtube, I've been trying to go almost all ADS and even spec'd all my weapons with that in mind... but it's not really working that great for me.

I guess I'm just too used to hipfire after getting really skilled with it in BC2. (this might have something to do with always playing games without crosshairs or aim assist, I've just got a sense of firing at the center of the screen).

It's almost weird to go down the sights. Sometimes it works really well, and sometimes it doesn't.

In BF3 I think the best strategy for me will be to mix the two... find a good balance... but I haven't settled in on how to spec the rifles to give me the best mix of pro/cons. I need to look at those charts you're always posting.

edit: My hipfire playstyle is why I love the MP7 so much... it's the closest thing to BC2 engineer weapons in BF3, and why I'll sometimes switch and run recon when I'm getting my butt kicked... I feel the most dangerous with that weapon.

Fuck the 16A3

If I turn the corner there will be no chance to fire my gun cause that shit kills me do quickly

I'm using the M16A3 and my experience is the opposite :( Especially when it comes to support class. They just walk around corners holding the fire button and kill me rapidly. When I try that shit (which I don't, just for testing purposess) the gun moves and makes a sound but it seems as if no bullets come out of it. Every single bullet misses, even if the whole screen is filled with an enemy and you theoretically can NOT miss.

Kak.efes

I pretty much go exclusively with the AEK, and AN-94 nowadays. The AUG seems like a weapon tailor-made for me, but I don't have close quarters.

I'm a hipfire guy... lately, after watching some guy's videos on youtube, I've been trying to go almost all ADS and even spec'd all my weapons with that in mind... but it's not really working that great for me.

I guess I'm just too used to hipfire after getting really skilled with it in BC2. (this might have something to do with always playing games without crosshairs or aim assist, I've just got a sense of firing at the center of the screen).

It's almost weird to go down the sights. Sometimes it works really well, and sometimes it doesn't.

In BF3 I think the best strategy for me will be to mix the two... find a good balance... but I haven't settled in on how to spec the rifles to give me the best mix of pro/cons. I need to look at those charts you're always posting.

edit: My hipfire playstyle is why I love the MP7 so much... it's the closest thing to BC2 engineer weapons in BF3, and why I'll sometimes switch and run recon when I'm getting my butt kicked... I feel the most dangerous with that weapon.

I go down the sights all the time, BC2 VSS has spoiled me.
I can hip fire fine in emergency, but it's not something that i can naturally "turn on" at will. Honestly haven't seen it affect my game much though, since I usually observe my surrounding before making most moves. One reason why I can't be a run-run-shotgun guy. Guess it's also why I can't stand the MP7 or LOVE the PP19 way over the P90 (I do fine with the P90, got the mastery tag before they even had the buff).)

i don't even think about weapon choice via specific weapons, i just play to unlock all the attachments then move on to the next one.

Do some people not realize you can't get aimbots on consoles...?

i've heard all sorts of accusations and conspiracy theories from people.

aimbots, turbo controllers, lag induction... people just say random stuff!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You only got 1 shot kills with slugs at distance if you get a headshot. That's quite hard, I think it's fair (I don't use slugs personally, too difficult for me! Lol!).

Also, any of you guys hipfire consistently?

Hipfire is really good on PC but I've always had problem hipfiring on consoles. It's just not as accurate as hipfiring with a mouse.

Now I almost always aim down sights before shooting but every now and then when I'm in close quarters I'm killed in a fight that I know I could have won if I hipfired...

Fear not my brother

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone else having issues today? Every server is incredibly laggy and I just got disconnected. Ran speed test and reset my router/modem and everything on my end is good.

olimpia84

Game froze, I'm out.

On a positive note I FINALLY beat the SP campaign on hard. Horrible experience and I still have to go back to it for some clean-up trophies =/

Evolved1

Game froze, I'm out.

On a positive note I FINALLY beat the SP campaign on hard. Horrible experience and I still have to go back to it for some clean-up trophies =/

I'm playing through on normal right now and I hate it... it's incredibly frustrating... this one night mission man, I want to pull my hair out.

And it keeps erasing my progress and I have to do the entire stupid level over again.

To go from the really fun BC1 SP to this pile of shit (sure it looks cool sometimes, but it's not fun, at all!) on rails is such a huge downgrade.

I don't know if I'll ever finish it... the game is cheap as hell.

JJD

dunno about those but i know a couple of people that use the XIM3

I always wanted to try the XIM3, but it's not easily available to the PS3. You have to use an adapter of some kind.

I almost bought one, but in the end I thought that if I was going to try to learn to use a keyboard and mouse I might as well build a gaming PC.

Game froze, I'm out.

I'm playing through on normal right now and I hate it... it's incredibly frustrating... this one night mission man, I want to pull my hair out.

And it keeps erasing my progress and I have to do the entire stupid level over again.

To go from the really fun BC1 SP to this pile of shit (sure it looks cool sometimes, but it's not fun, at all!) on rails is such a huge downgrade.

You guys should just do the co op missions to get the guns. The 93R is an amazing handgun!

meppi

Well, just do like me and pretend single player doesn't exist.
Got up to the jet level on PS3 and when I got the 360 version, I never once put in the single player disk. Not planning on it either. There are much better single player shooters out there to waste time on this "we just have to have one in the package" POS.

No_Style

I'm playing through on normal right now and I hate it... it's incredibly frustrating... this one night mission man, I want to pull my hair out..

The game pretty much plays itself though. In fact, it was the night mission where I said to myself: I'm not going to fire a shot until I absolutely have to. I made it far without firing a shot. I'd just lie behind a rock and check on the progress of the fight.

It took awhile longer but it was less frustrating and I got to look at the pretty pictures and endless stream of allies that spawn in because run to their doom. I also watched this one A.I guy get killed by the game because the rest of the army was moving forward. I was supposed to be with them the rest of the pack but I stood there watching this one guy to see if he moved as well but the game killed him!

SP is garbage.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Seriously though, most of the time I only play with one friend in BF3 so trying to go win while 10 blind monkeys are on our team is frustrating more than anything. Often I just screw around with C4 which is awesome.
I know that feeling. Rush is often unplayable, half the damn team is just prone and sniping from our spawn. Congratulations, you went 3-1 with 400 points, way to help out the team, man.

Although with a full squad, you can take control of a match pretty easily.
Guys which is the best weapon for assault class?
Depends on preference. I'm digging the AEK quite a bit, but the SCAR-L, M16A3, F2000, and AN-94 are all awesome. I'd say there aren't really any "bad" assault rifles.

Anyone else having issues today? Every server is incredibly laggy and I just got disconnected. Ran speed test and reset my router/modem and everything on my end is good.
Huh, thought it was just me, been having those exact same problems.

Well, just do like me and pretend single player doesn't exist.
Got up to the jet level on PS3 and when I got the 360 version, I never once put in the single player disk. Not planning on it either. There are much better single player shooters out there to waste time on this "we just have to have one in the package" POS.

yeah, my SP disk on 360 hasn't been touched either. it's exactly where it was in the game case when i bought the game.

meppi

yeah, my SP disk on 360 hasn't been touched either. it's exactly where it was in the game case when i bought the game.

It's a bit sad really, isn't it?
The only time I actually touched it was to swap it for the MP one since I find it easier to take it out of the box when it's in the regular DVD tray.
I mean, I feel that if they didn't have to put all that work into something that in the end adds nothing to the package, perhaps the MP side wouldn't have been the way it is.
So many mistakes, so many bugs, balancing issues, connection problems, weapon balancing and misbalancing. The list goes on and on.

Not sure if I can put the blame on Dice alone though as I have a feeling that EA really put the screws to them to do the things they end up doing.
Sad how in the rush to beat COD, both to the market and in sales they seemed to have lost something.
The gunplay and gameplay certainly is improved compared to BC2, but so many other things still feel wonky.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You guys are insane.

.44 Magnum 4 lyfe

.44 is like the (w)Rex. Too luck-based for me and requires too insane aim. I'm good, but not that good for luck-based damage rates that require two hits to do enough damage.

Maddocks

single player AI is the cheapest thing ever. On hard its pretty impossible. took me a couple days to beat the game because of the AI and its,"I know you are over there even though you didn't make a sound, I can smell you like Commando"

so frustrating, same reason why I don't go back to get the clean up trophies.

Evolved1

Some fun games... and some frustrating. Million ticket rush, I still do not understand this.

Also... way too much lock-on shit in this game. It's obnoxious. And planes still suck ass and make the game less fun.

Some fun games... and some frustrating. Million ticket rush, I still do not understand this.

Also... way too much lock-on shit in this game. It's obnoxious. And planes still suck ass and make the game less fun.

"hrm, what's everyone playing? RUSH!! YES!!!"

*joins game*

'200% RUSH'

*turns off PS3*

*turns on 360*

YoungHav

Banned
Maybe a silly question but what happens to stats when a game disconnects? I had the rare godly match going, played a 200% CQ match on Metro w/34-15 K/D and the other team had 53 tix left when my connection flaked out (server kept going though). I checked Battlelog and everything for that match is at 0 and all I got was a CQ Winner ribbon.

TheSeks

Maybe a silly question but what happens to stats when a game disconnects?

They go bye-bye. Aren't saved. Etc.

If you're kicked or get disconnected by the server doesn't disconnect, your stats will save. PROVIDED YOU DON'T REJOIN.

Faceless said:

*joins game*

'200% RUSH'

*turns off PS3*

*turns on 360*

I'll say it since you won't: GAF's too scared to do 100% Rush like God intended. Yeah, I said it. That settles it. Dealwithit.gif

We really need to find a 100% Rush server on PS3 that isn't the "IF U LAG OR HAX U BANNED" message one.

Overdoziz

Banned
.44 is like the (w)Rex. Too luck-based for me and requires too insane aim. I'm good, but not that good for luck-based damage rates that require two hits to do enough damage.
waaaat
You can hipfire that thing and hit people across the map. I swear that thing is more accurate shooting from the hip than when you're aiming down the sights. It's my go-to handgun.

TheSeks

waaaat
You can hipfire that thing and hit people across the map. I swear that thing is more accurate shooting from the hip than when you're aiming down the sights. It's my go-to handgun.

Probably why I hate it. I ADS nearly 24/7.

Hip-fire at mid-range (AKA: backup weapon/pistol range) isn't a sure thing with the .44

It's a bad-ass gun, I'll give you that but like the Wrex I can safely ignore it.

*joins game*

'200% RUSH'

*turns off PS3*

*turns on 360*

You joined just in time to see my epic aim botting.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/57881927/2/131800075/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/57894931/2/131800075/

Some fun matches right there.

So much hatemail last night too. One guy complaining that we are destroying randoms because we use teamwork and he doesn't have any friends to play with! Lol.

WoodWERD

Had a pretty amazing/hilarious RPG kill the other night. The server emptied out after a lopsided win and it changed to Noshahr Canals. It was 3v2 so my buddies and I just start messing around and took the chopper over to the roof at B. Hop out on the roof, look towards A, and see a guy running away from us out by the ticket booth thing in the middle of the road. He was running towards the little cluster of crates in the middle on the way to A, and my buddies start trying to snipe him. I launch one rocket and 4-5 seconds later BOOM! - went flying. Jumped all over the roof to show him how happy I was with myself haha.

YoungHav

Banned
If you're kicked or get disconnected by the server doesn't disconnect, your stats will save. PROVIDED YOU DON'T REJOIN.
Ok good, I tried to rejoin but couldn't. I can't see any stats from my time on the server (no record of my best k/d ever *weep!*) but my dog tags and ribbons still saved at least. Got my 2nd Nemesis kill ribbon ever. Man I wish they had battlerecorder I was going HAM with the SAIKA shotty.

JJD

We really should try to populate the GAF server... :-(

I'm tired of being banned, kicked or switched. Tired of 1000% Conquest servers or anything above 100% Rush.

Played a Close Quarters game yesterday and I was switched twice in the same game. One as soon as I joined, the other as soon as I reached the top of the scoreboard. I had to quit the game that is just bullshit.

I had no idea you lost stats if you rejoined after being disconnected. :(

PPH2 and I had a really fun come-from-behind match last night on Kharg Island (not Seine!). Despite being Russian, we couldn't hold D at all for some reason. Because of that, we were around 40 tickets down for most of the match. Turns out there were a couple of guys either glitch-jumping onto the roof of the warehouse, or parachuting onto it, and hiding in the rafters. If one hadn't taken a stupid pot-shot at me I don't think I ever would have noticed them. Had to clear them out of there a few times. Our teammates spent most of their time in the air or sniping/knifing/screwing around. The other team sucked, but our 3-man squad turned it around and won it despite our own team and 2-player deficit. I ended up 21-7 and PPH2 was 15-3.

Battlelog doesn't reflect how badass a win it felt like:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/57891366/2/176838456/

Overdoziz

Banned
So guys, there's a glitch with underslung weapons which ables you to aim from head-level while you're prone.

Quote this post to see how to do it.

Evolved1

you should maybe put that in email quotes... that's a nasty exploit.

Evolved1

I would never use that... but the thousands of lurkers who browse gaf might.

TheSeks

Too bad that doesn't work with snipers would I'd use it to raise my snipers quickly...

Top Bottom