• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It works if you do the glitch and then pick up a sniper kit. You don't see a reticule when you're zoomed in though.

OH HOHOHOHOHOHO. If my connection would stop being shit here I come to finishing up the L96 assignment AGAIN.

bbagwell

Allen is right, that was a sweet win taken away from some bouncers on Kharg. The numbers do not reflect the awesomeness of the victory.

Fracas

#fuckonami
:lol :lol :lol

My server wasn't getting any players, so I renamed it xXMETRO 500% TICKETSXx MLGPRO.COM 420SKID BLUNTZZ a few hours ago.

It's got 22 people in it right now. Holy shit.

olimpia84

Banned with JJ again. I PMed the server owner to see what kind of BS excuse he'll use but he still hasn't answered. Will eat something now and be back later tonight and hopefully I won't get banned no more.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Banned with JJ again. I PMed the server owner to see what kind of BS excuse he'll use but he still hasn't answered. Will eat something now and be back later tonight and hopefully I won't get banned no more.

Deserves:
iqslKAX5U7QCI.gif

JJD

I'll pay 5 bucks to anyone that helps me populate Dreamgazer server.

Not really but I'm fucking tired of this bullshit.

i dunno why PS3 GAF doesn't populate GAF servers... just get 6-8 peeps to sit there for a few minutes on Metro/Wake and it should start filling

Rebel Leader

Just wait until armored kill

make armored kill sever (sorry DREAM.... wai.. no i'm not =P)

Should be populated =3

---
Give me my $5 NOW... but in amazon gift card money =D

Arnie

Have DICE said anything about Rush in Armoured Kill? I know they said they've tweaked conquest for consoles, but after Conquest in Vanilla Battlefield 3, I just don't believe them.

Rebel Leader

Have DICE said anything about Rush in Armoured Kill? I know they said they've tweaked conquest for consoles, but after Conquest in Vanilla Battlefield 3, I just don't believe them.

It'll properly be the same size of map but with less flags

TheSeks

Sorry Dave. EA kept kicking me off, guess my connection is crap. Which is weird as I was able to get the last online trophy I needed in Ass Creed: Revelations (leaving the singleplayer DLC and singleplayer campaign itself to do). :/

That tank mode only has one flag... king of the hill basically... hard not to play the objective on that one.

I can say the same about the last m-com on rush defense, and people will still fail to surprise me.

(Lone tank driver won't get out of tank to disarm m-com, team all too far away from objective, etc etc.)

TheSeks

(Lone tank driver won't get out of tank to disarm m-com, team all too far away from objective, etc etc.)

Er-So you advocate the enemy stealing your tank for the sake of disarming, only for them to blow you up with said tank, hold it and arm the crate again and win?

Er--...?

Er-So you advocate the enemy stealing your tank for the sake of disarming, only for them to blow you up with said tank, hold it and arm the crate again and win?

Er--...?

We had this discussion already when the game first came out.

It's a risk you'll have to take.
Obviously I'm not saying you should get out of the tank when enemies are surrounding you.
However, if no one is visibly around, and your teammates are nowhere around - then get out c4/rocket the tank and take your chances disarming.

Especially if it's the last freaking m-com in the game.

What, you prefer to just watch it blow?

No m-com = no win.

TheSeks

No m-com = no win.

If the enemies already armed it and are swarming your tank, you're already dead lost. That's my point, there's no situation where that's a win-win and getting out of the tank makes it even less a win-win in that theoretical situation unless they were the only two there.

It's a huge gamble and not one I'd be willing to take with the rest of the team being up at the front-line/far away from the last crate.

If the enemies already armed it and are swarming your tank, you're already dead lost. That's my point, there's no situation where that's a win-win and getting out of the tank makes it even less a win-win in that theoretical situation unless they were the only two there.

It's a huge gamble and not one I'd be willing to take with the rest of the team being up at the front-line/far away from the last crate.

Found the old discussion for you:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33199922&postcount=2995
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33200080&postcount=2996
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33200227&postcount=2997
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33200255&postcount=2998
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33200312&postcount=2999

If you're at a 0% win situation already, how could it get any worse?

I still rather have it disarmed, believing that my useless teammates would at least be here already from the first arm.
I'll take 1% chance over 0%

edit: Yeah, a huge gamble indeed. I guess that's why you always ragequit leaving me alone to fight back for a victory? *jab* *jab at the ragequit king*

TheSeks

I'll take 1% chance over 0%

That 1% chance isn't a sure thing. How can you be sure that 1% will come in? You can start to disarm, they take the tank. NAIL YOU. While you're in the respawn screen, your failed disarm doesn't reset the timer. So that's already 30->25seconds remaining from 30. Will your teammates make it back in time? Maybe if they clear out the squad-spawning on 2-3 people. Maybe if they take out that 100% Tank you bailed out of to try to turn a sure loss into a maybe loss.

I'd rather nail the people and go out swinging in the tank and hope I've thinned their defense of their arm for the people at the back of the frontline to make it in time, than try to gamble a disarm, give them a 100% tank and the keys to a win kingdom if my team don't notice.

edit: Yeah, a huge gamble indeed. I guess that's why you always ragequit leaving me alone to fight back for a victory? *jab* *jab at the ragequit king*

Yep. When the games pretty much decided I'm not going to sit there and wait.

But then again you've also missed games where I get into a "fuck it," mood and bum rush crates, arm at 0 tickets (some against GAF even, sup Fersis on defense?) have the crate blow and take the win/move to the next base. So whatever.

That 1% chance isn't a sure thing. How can you be sure that 1% will come in? You can start to disarm, they take the tank. NAIL YOU. While you're in the respawn screen, your failed disarm doesn't reset the timer. So that's already 30->25seconds remaining from 30. Will your teammates make it back in time? Maybe if they clear out the squad-spawning on 2-3 people. Maybe if they take out that 100% Tank you bailed out of to try to turn a sure loss into a maybe loss.

I'd rather nail the people and go out swinging in the tank and hope I've thinned their defense of their arm for the people at the back of the frontline to make it in time, than try to gamble a disarm, give them a 100% tank and the keys to a win kingdom if my team don't notice.

But then again you've also missed games where I get into a "fuck it," mood and bum rush crates, arm at 0 tickets (some against GAF even, sup Fersis on defense?) have the crate blow and take the win/move to the next base. So whatever.

Did you not read the part where I said I would usually c4/rocket the tank if I can?
Did you not read the faceless post I posted above (who btw left a 100% tank)?
You're also speaking as if there is some guy right next to my tank ready to take it at any second. As if I'm telling people to take the gamble without any sense of calculated risk.

Of course 1% chance isn't a sure thing. That's why it's a "chance".
Except you're not getting any chance at all by staying in the tank. Especially if it's the last m-com for the whole game and no one is "dying to spawn in on you".

You're essentially telling me what everyone tells me.
"I'm more willing to take my chances with a vehicle than an objective, and hopefully someone else will do the job."

Well, if you have that much faith in people, that's great. Cause I really don't anymore.

P.S. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps the odds of winning would be better if I stayed in a tank and not go out and disarm.
It's simply not my personality to do something like that, so I'll never be able to test it.
However, I'm not going to discount the numerous times I have succeeded/saving the game by getting out.

P.S.2. I'm just jabbing at your rage quitting, as usual

Maddocks

my buddy got the weirdest hate mail last night.

he likes to fly the jet, because the rest of the clan takes care of the groundwork and so we rely on him to keep jets and tanks off our backs while moving forward in rush. Well last night, he was doing his normal thing and after he took out the other jet and chopper(we on karg island) he got like 10 messages from two players and they all said.

you got no swag#yolo
SWAGLESS #noswag #noyolo
YOU FUKED UP #SWAGLESS

of course we found this pretty funny, but then they started messaging the other clan members saying the same thing lol

I never got hate mail sadly, but I have to ask, why even send hatemail to begin with.

my buddy got the weirdest hate mail last night.

he likes to fly the jet, because the rest of the clan takes care of the groundwork and so we rely on him to keep jets and tanks off our backs while moving forward in rush. Well last night, he was doing his normal thing and after he took out the other jet and chopper(we on karg island) he got like 10 messages from two players and they all said.

you got no swag#yolo
SWAGLESS #noswag #noyolo
YOU FUKED UP #SWAGLESS

of course we found this pretty funny, but then they started messaging the other clan members saying the same thing lol

I never got hate mail sadly, but I have to ask, why even send hatemail to begin with.

did they do the #-sign as if it was twitter?

do nothing: 0% chance of winning

do something: > 0% chance of winning

i've won too many "pretty much decided" games to do nothing.

JJD

and what's up with 24/7 Canal servers with "no Stinger/IGLA and no laser targeting helicopters" rules?

is that still a thing?!

Found one when I was playing solo (still banned from that shitty Bloodline server were PS3 GAF loves to play) with the following rules:

No assault revive abuse, no C4 on objectives. If one of the admins. PM you about a vehicle GET THE F*** OUT!

I purposely revived everyone in sight and tried to place C4 on the burn zone whenever I could but I don't play support that much.

Couldn't do anything about vehicles, it was a Close Quarters server haha!

I guess there was no admins. around because no one complained.

I hate custom rules and servers...

Dgott

Banned
Found one when I was playing solo (still banned from that shitty Bloodline server were PS3 GAF loves to play) with the following rules:

No assault revive abuse, no C4 on objectives. If one of the admins. PM you about a vehicle GET THE F*** OUT!

I purposely revived everyone in sight and tried to place C4 on the burn zone whenever I could but I don't play support that much.

Couldn't do anything about vehicles, it was a Close Quarters server haha!

I guess there was no admins. around because no one complained.

I hate custom rules and servers...

You know that EA stated that if it's a PUBLIC RANKED server , that it's a violation of the TOS for the server renter to kick/ban people for certain weapon use. Report the server owners that are doing that. They cannot according to the TOS negatively affect your game experience, and kicking for c4 use or for kicking for winning is a violation of the TOS.

If a server renter wants to limit weapon use, he must do so in a private password protected game.

Rebel Leader

You know that EA stated that if it's a PUBLIC RANKED server , that it's a violation of the TOS for the server renter to kick/ban people for certain weapon use. Report the server owners that are doing that. They cannot according to the TOS negatively affect your game experience, and kicking for c4 use or for kicking for winning is a violation of the TOS.

If a server renter wants to limit weapon use, he must do so in a private password protected game.

Link for proof now.

Dgott

Banned
Link for proof now.

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct

Ranked Server Administrators: 

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Running knife / pistol-only servers
Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct

Ranked Server Administrators: 

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Running knife / pistol-only servers
Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

that quote doesn't matter if EA does nothing when you complain.

Top Bottom