• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Just curious, how would I go about joining the NeoGAF PS3 server if there is one? I'm completely sick of joining Public Games with admins that are obsessed with kicking me if: they're losing, stealing "their" helicopter or just using weapons such as shotguns.

The fact that I have to shuffle between a majority of servers just to find a good server that isn't filled with campers or stupid rules just entirely annoys me. I miss all of the DICE servers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
just curious, how would I go about joining the NeoGAF PS3 server if there is one? I'm completely sick of joining Public Games with admins that are obsessed with kicking me if: they're losing, stealing "their" helicopter or just using weapons such as shotguns.

The fact that I have to shuffle between a majority of servers just to find a good server that isn't filled with campers or stupid rules just entirely annoys me. I miss all of the DICE servers.

It's always empty.

If it's at their base I understand..

However if the pilots are killed and it falls safely with out exploding... it's free game

It's always empty.

If it's at their base I understand..

However if the pilots are killed and it falls safely with out exploding... it's free game
you're assuming the admins are on the other team when they were probably on the same team but just didn't get to the chopper as fast!

man, i need to find the join message on this one 360 server i was playing on a few days ago... i swear they used the max message size DICE allowed. it filled like 1/4 of the screen!

you're assuming the admins are on the other team when they were probably on the same team but just didn't get to the chopper as fast!

man, i need to find the join message on this one 360 server i was playing on a few days ago... i swear they used the max message size DICE allowed. it filled like 1/4 of the screen!

lol
Was it filled with a bunch of these @ ?

lol
Was it filled with a bunch of these @ ?

oxMj2.jpg

iKwL3.jpg

ok, so maybe not 1/4...

This, the admins are actually on my team when I'm kicked just because I either spawned in a helicopter or managed to get it before them.

No offense or anything, but I honestly wouldn't kick someone just because they took a helicopter and they were on my team.

Z_Y

Really on the fence about premium. I already have B2K and don't think I'd be interested in the infantry only maps. So I'm looking at $45 for the remaining DLC.

Is the other features worth it? I think the strategy videos might be the thing I'm most interested in. Camo and weapons I won't use don't excite me.

Really on the fence about premium. I already have B2K and don't think I'd be interested in the infantry only maps. So I'm looking at $45 for the remaining DLC.

Is the other features worth it? I think the strategy videos might be the thing I'm most interested in. Camo and weapons I won't use don't excite me.

if you aren't interested in the weapons or close quarters maps, save $5

Maddocks

those servers with silly rules.

I play at night 11pm-4am (PAC time) so the admins are usually asleep so the rules don't apply all that much. One thing I hate is the rush servers with 350 tickets. Rush servers should have a ticket limit. No one wants to defend an M-Com for 45 minutes and lose it with 3 tickets left because their whole team decided to rush it at the last minute while the defenders got so bored waiting around they decided to try and spawn trap.

PandaL

I'm also like you. But I finally decided to buy Premium because of the Extra weapons that we get in the Infantry only DLC.

IMO, the extra 5$ is worth for the extra weapons, especially the Aug & Spas in the Close Quarters DLC. Also the 2 week double XP which I missed during Close Quarters. I raged so much when I'm the Top player till the end of the match and Not getting the MVP coz some random Premium player who scored '70% of my score' gets the MVP because of the Double XP. :|

-Silver-

Really on the fence about premium.
Save you money. If you're not too interested in infantry maps and don't came about the weapons in CQ then you're better off saving those $5 now and potentially more in the future in as you may not be too interested in the future DLCs.

lol
I thought it was just me. It happened as soon as I sniped a guy off a boat.

well, at least the 37 kill streak got saved, even if the game didn't...

hahahaha oh wow, looks like that game actually finished and the battlelog updated

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/58325304/2/174535944/

http://bf3stats.com/report/360/58325304#faceless360

looks like most of our team crashed at the same time

I try every once in a while but =/

When AK is released gonna immediately switch it

and to troll dream: Vehicles only. Foot soldiers and people who go after the objective are banned.

That's not trolling.
Trolling is "Vehicles only. Foot soldiers and people who go after the objective will be team switched. Then banned after 8 times."

hahahaha oh wow, looks like that game actually finished and the battlelog updated

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/58325304/2/174535944/

http://bf3stats.com/report/360/58325304#faceless360

looks like most of our team crashed at the same time

Lol, at least you got your credit haha. I loved the part of the match when camping the carrier deck got too hot and we had to pull back! The whole team was trying to shoot us down!

I also loved when I got the quick jump out on the carrier deck, smoked 2 guys then jumped back in the Z just in time. Good stuff.

Lol, at least you got your credit haha. I loved the part of the match when camping the carrier deck got too hot and we had to pull back! The whole team was trying to shoot us down!

I also loved when I got the quick jump out on the carrier deck, smoked 2 guys then jumped back in the Z just in time. Good stuff.

yeah, that was great, they had like 8 people on deck, RPG's, Stingers, SOFLAMS, they mad! and when you hopped out and said... uhh what didyou say? "surprise"? and gunned the dudes down while they were busy focusing on the chopper... hahahahahah

JJD

416 the new go-to assault weapon???

Edit: Just realized now that's kinda old.

They should fix the G36 extended mag bug too.

yeah, that was great, they had like 8 people on deck, RPG's, Stingers, SOFLAMS, they mad! and when you hopped out and said... uhh what didyou say? "surprise"? and gunned the dudes down while they were busy focusing on the chopper... hahahahahah
Lol, I jumped out and gave a "surprise motherfuckers!", wasted the two and jumped right back in the Z. They did not see that coming, so focused on the Z they weren't expecting me to jump out and gun em down. So awesome.

Kak.efes

Someone should start organizing groups so we can regularly fill up our server. It's actually got a decent rotation, now that I looked at it.

Someone should start organizing groups so we can regularly fill up our server. It's actually got a decent rotation, now that I looked at it.

We're too disorganized to be organized. Someone has to take the lead and just sit in there *I would if I wasn't on haitus* >.>

olimpia84

So I finally gave my ISP a call and it turns out they are having some issues on their end. Glad to know they're working towards fixing it...I got dropped at least 3 times every game.

Dgott

Banned
This is the reply I got from EA HELP about rented servers on consoles. Apparently EA doesn't give a shit about their own TOS that I quoted earlier word for word.

This is the reply I got after I had to email reply to them for the 3rd time that they misunderstood me. Keep in mind I gave them the name of the person who kicked me & was cheating by kicking winners / c4 users. Apparently their "Customer Help" is outsourced to India, which explains the bad English and lack of understanding of my previous two emails to them.

HELP CENTER
Hello Derrick,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts again.

I know how much this means to you. I apologize for the disappointment. In fact, we want our games to be liked by you all. We would go through the points mentioned by you.

Please let me clarify that rented server are owned by player who acts as a admin for that server. It is up to the server admin to allow you to join the server or kick you out the server. I regret to say that there is no possible way to report for rented server. Howsoever, If you wish, you can report a particular player who trying to cheat in Battlefield 3 from Battlelog by following below steps.

1.Click on search icon available at the right hand corner of the page (besides the STORE).

2. It will bring the “search bar” downwards.

3.Type the “Soldier Name” to search the soldier and click “>” or press Enter and choose the “Soldier Name” in question.

4.Now you are at the soldier’s profile that you want to report. Click on triangle icon available at the right hand corner. It will bring two options “Report Profile” and “Report possible cheat”.

5.Choose the appropriate option for reporting a player action. For reporting any player’s cheat choose “Report possible cheat”. It will bring the box to fill the box.

6.Fill the details and click on “Send” button. You will get the confirmation in green label “A report has been sent”.

Electronic Arts appreciates your efforts and involvement in our Games and take this opportunity to express our gratitude. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. You may access our online knowledgebase on: http://help.ea.com/

Regards,
Suraj,
Electronic Arts- World Wide Customer Experience

Top Bottom