• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Overdoziz

Banned
Do you still only get M-COM defend points/ribbons if you kill opponents why they're arming the M-COM? I thought DICE changed this. Wouldn't it make sense if disarming an M-COM would also count for it? Or killing someone who's disarming your armed M-COM.
As it is right now you really have to go out of your way to get it. You practically have to camp near an M-COM the entire time to kill them as they arm.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hahaha! Sorry about freaking out like that I thought it was an enemy tank! :)

I was pretty grumpy on today games since I couldn't join your squad to gun for you! Riding on your chopper has been some of the most fun I'm having on the game lately, you're just crazy man!

Good times!

bk is a really great pilot... i love gunning for him.

Do you still only get M-COM defend points/ribbons if you kill opponents why they're arming the M-COM? I thought DICE changed this. Wouldn't it make sense if disarming an M-COM would also count for it? Or killing someone who's disarming your armed M-COM.
As it is right now you really have to go out of your way to get it. You practically have to camp near an M-COM the entire time to kill them as they arm.

that would be awesome

PandaL

You still have to kill an enemy who is arming the MCOM. Earlier you need to get 4 Kills which was almost impossible in most maps. But now you need to just kill 2 enemies. I think this was implemented in Patch 1.05.

Haven't bought a single expansion after Karkand(free),

I've played MW3 and D3 after that

Only 'Close Quarters' have been released after B2K. The next DLC Armored Kill, is due next month which will have maps with 5Flags for Consoles too.

You get the M-COM defender ribbon when you kill enemies that are "in close proximity" to the M-COM (defense games only).
They do not need to be arming, but they need to be close to the point of touching/nearly touching the M-COM (the range is much much smaller than BC2).
If you C4 the m-com, anyone caught in the blast range will count as a M-COM defender kill.

The pre-patch requirement was 4 kills per game. Post-patch it was lowered down to 2.

Disarming the M-COM should not count for it.
Cause knowing people, they'll start pulling BS allowing enemies to arm for the sake of the ribbon. D-Peak 2nd set is supposedly the best place to camp for this ribbon...if you really want to camp for it.

However, REAL MEN EARN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR DEFENDER RIBBON.

"Real men", don't give a shit about ribbons

"Real men" wouldn't give a shit about assignments either, and would cut their whining about ribbons/assignments AND WIN DAAAAAA GAMEEEEEE.

OT:
The only fix m-com defender need is to increase the range back up to BC2 level, but bump the kill requirement back up to 4 kills to keep defending appealing .

Maddocks

The only fix m-com defender need is to increase the range back up to BC2 level, but bump the kill requirement back up to 4 kills to keep defending appealing .

thats a fact, I would get so many M-com defender pop ups just by being around it killing people. Now, I have to work so hard at it and still I am only at 45.

Dgott

Banned
"Real men" wouldn't give a shit about assignments either, and would cut their whining about ribbons/assignments AND WIN DAAAAAA GAMEEEEEE.

OT:

Real men don't give a shit about real men not giving a shit about real men not giving a shit about ribbons.

Not giving a ShitCeption.

No_Style

Got kicked from that Bloodline server you guys frequent. I think it was that Repair Tool kill that broke the camel's back. I wasn't even spawn camping either! I was defending C!

Evolved1

Got kicked from that Bloodline server you guys frequent. I think it was that Repair Tool kill that broke the camel's back. I wasn't even spawn camping either! I was defending C!

He kicked all of us. The canals match before, he kicked me for "spawn camping", even though were were only defending charlie. I got into a little message war with him. Then he sends me a message and says "sorry" and that his "sponsor is fine with us playing the way we were". So I reply and say fine whatever... make nice. Next match they suck so bad they can't even get out of their spawn on Firestorm US!!! So I sniped a couple guys running around in their base, trying to get the L96 assignment. But I hit the douchebag and immediately after that he kicked all of us.

Sorry gaf.

He kicked all of us. The canals match before, he kicked me for "spawn camping", even though were were only defending charlie. I got into a little message war with him. Then he sends me a message and says "sorry" and that his "sponsor is fine with us playing the way we were". So I reply and say fine whatever... make nice. Next match they suck so bad they can't even get out of their spawn on Firestorm US!!! So I sniped a couple guys running around in their base, trying to get the L96 assignment. But I hit the douchebag and immediately after that he kicked all of us.

Sorry gaf.

lol

Sorry gaf.

lol

right after i got that PM from the dude on Canals, i backed up to the bridge and didn't go past it until i saw a vehicle reach the fork in the road... and of course this means their team decides to all come up on the hill and shoot RPG's at the LAV on the bridge... and fail...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/59546686/4/173517439/

so sad.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE BL:

How is using a Z-11 250-300+ METERS AWAY on canals spawn camping? SERIOUSLY! FUCKING HOW?

the same way that having an attack chopper at A on Firestorm is 'spawn camping' because their chopper locks onto you and fires from in their spawn and you fire back and kill them...

OG Kush

Guys I switched to the PC version... and I kind of miss the console version.
Its not like I can;t play PC games, i grew up on CS, TF, Tf2, BF1942 and BF2. But since I put 250 hours into the console version I'm so use to it. My muscle memory is getting in the way of me owning on the PC.
It does look a lot better though :D.
Also everyone basically plays medic on PC.

Evolved1

lol

right after i got that PM from the dude on Canals, i backed up to the bridge and didn't go past it until i saw a vehicle reach the fork in the road... and of course this means their team decides to all come up on the hill and shoot RPG's at the LAV on the bridge... and fail...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/59546686/4/173517439/

so sad.

the same way that having an attack chopper at A on Firestorm is 'spawn camping' because their chopper locks onto you and fires from in their spawn and you fire back and kill them...

I decided to comment...

Jas

Guys I switched to the PC version... and I kind of miss the console version.
Its not like I can;t play PC games, i grew up on CS, TF, Tf2, BF1942 and BF2. But since I put 250 hours into the console version I'm so use to it. My muscle memory is getting in the way of me owning on the PC.
It does look a lot better though :D.
Also everyone basically plays medic on PC.

I play the PC version mostly for 64 player conquest. I try to stick with Caspian, Kharg, and the B2K maps.

You will be killed by the M16A3 pretty often on PC :)

I played my first hardcore game by accident today. I was the top player suprisingly. 500% Wake 5 flag. By force of habit I spotted people and I got spot assists but the guys didn't light up on my screen...do they light up on my teammates, show up on the map to my teammates or does that do absolutely nothing.

Regarding M-COM defense. I like A on Oman's first set up in the building to the left side from defense perspective(the building where shit goes down in Conquest). Set down t-ugs so you can tell if someone is gonna jack you coming up the stairs. Obviously, if you're on offense it is wise to blow that wall on the second floor. Think I'm 8 ribbons short of the medal. Have gotten a lot of them on Oman.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I played my first hardcore game by accident today. I was the top player suprisingly. 500% Wake 5 flag. By force of habit I spotted people and I got spot assists but the guys didn't light up on my screen...do they light up on my teammates, show up on the map to my teammates or does that do absolutely nothing.

No. In Hardcore spots show up on the minimap (in the pause menu) ONLY. You only get an audio cue, no "dorito," no 3D, no nothing.

tn2007

Wait....

gotta rub something in THN's face

My skill level: 734.73
THN: 665.86

Your skill level means nothing to my SPM.
OooooooooO

Plus I haven't played for awhile due to pc. Im sure if I played against those wack ass bloodline guys all day I would have 750+ skill too. I don't know why you guys play on that server because they all suck and they cry about everything. The only time I've ever lost on that server is when they team stacked and it was only me and nostyle plus abunch of horrible randoms.

tn2007

Not with 64 players.

Siene is pretty cool with 64 players but bazaar is better with 32-48 players. Metro is just a pain in the ass 64 players. It would be perfect if console had 32 players.

Is it me or are there more idiots on pc than consoles?

Siene is pretty cool with 64 players but bazaar is better with 32-48 players. Metro is just a pain in the ass 64 players. It would be perfect if console had 32 players.

I would say it's the same.

You're less aware of it because the VOIP is broken half of the time.
However, people who can't play the objective + have no common sense remains the same...

JJD

I've said this before.

Those Bloodline guys have some 40, probably 50 year old members. I think it's cool that they're still playing but they're not that good...

Actually they're pretty bad. The times that we had some competition on that server was when we were playing against a different clan than BL. By themselves the Bloodlines would not win 12 against 5 or 6 of us in most if not all maps.

Regardless of server rules you guys should stop playing there because it's so easy it's getting us fat and lazy.

I was pissed at first when I got banned there on a metro game a few weeks ago. I was doing pretty good, more than half the tickets still to go and I had already a 40/9 K/D. But then I realized they were actually doing me a favor. I was probably getting worse at the game from playing that much on their server. There's just no challenge at all. No disrespect meant towards then, who knows if I will even be playing games when I reach that age, it just is the way it is.

They do have some younger members, but more than half the Bloodlines I've met in that server were probably past 40 years (including the biker dude who banned me. Cool Harley bro!).

CatPee

Higher player count = more idiots. ;)

looks like the mortar medal will be the toughest one... why did so many people cry instead of just going counter-mortar?!?

5 medals to go... handgun and stationary, you're next!!!

Dr Prob

Banned
Mortar is useless.

Was in a rush game attacking Metro last week. Got to the final m-com (near the bus in front of defender's spawn) and the other team had beacons near/were hanging out directly around the crate, so I figured "this seems like an instance where the mortar may actually be helpful, and also that medal. Only need like 200 more kills!"

Despite being out in the middle of the street for what seemed like 10 minutes of uninterrupted shelling (and somehow not getting whacked)--zero kills. Markers galore, couple assists but not one kill. Felt stupid. What am I doing? Why?

Mortar is useless.

Was in a rush game attacking Metro last week. Got to the final m-com (near the bus in front of defender's spawn) and the other team had beacons near/were hanging out directly around the crate, so I figured "this seems like an instance where the mortar may actually be helpful, and also that medal. Only need like 200 more kills!"

Despite being out in the middle of the street for what seemed like 10 minutes of uninterrupted shelling (and somehow not getting whacked)--zero kills. Markers galore, couple assists but not one kill. Felt stupid. What am I doing? Why?

it's because people whined so DICE nerfed it... not that it was great before, but now it's really bad.

looks like the mortar medal will be the toughest one... why did so many people cry instead of just going counter-mortar?!?

5 medals to go... handgun and stationary, you're next!!!

Yeah, I think I got 6-7 left. 20 Hours in Choppers, 20 in Planes, Mortar, M-Com Defense(close), Air Warfare(close), stationary...maybe one more...

Top Bottom