• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What are your guys' thoughts on BF3 multiplayer on console? I've only ever played BF games on PC (BF2 and BF2142) so I'm not sure how fun the game is with 24 players instead of 32 or 64.

The reason I ask is because I'm interested in getting BF3 Premium Edition when it launches next month and I don't have a gaming PC.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What are your guys' thoughts on BF3 multiplayer on console? I've only ever played BF games on PC (BF2 and BF2142) so I'm not sure how fun the game is with 24 players instead of 32 or 64.

The reason I ask is because I'm interested in getting BF3 Premium Edition when it launches next month and I don't have a gaming PC.
Depends on the % of tickets the fucking idiots have

500% ticket conquest is INSANE with 24 players and yet those are the most popular... FUCKING IDIOTS

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

The addition of jets has somewhat hurt the console experience. It takes too many people off the ground and the maps feel desolate. In Bad Company 2 there were just enough players to fill the maps (though some of the largest maps sometimes felt a little empty) and it was pretty close to a sweet spot. I'd say 15 people on each side would have been perfect for BC2. And 15 per side would probably help BF3 feel more like BC2, but we just don't have the player count on consoles. I think the larger maps would feel just fine if they cut the jets, but as they stand, the game can feel empty on any map with jets.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The addition of jets has somewhat hurt the console experience. It takes too many people off the ground and the maps feel desolate. In Bad Company 2 there were just enough players to fill the maps (though some of the largest maps sometimes felt a little empty) and it was pretty close to a sweet spot. I'd say 15 people on each side would have been perfect for BC2. And 15 per side would probably help BF3 feel more like BC2, but we just don't have the player count on consoles. I think the larger maps would feel just fine if they cut the jets, but as they stand, the game can feel empty on any map with jets.

Hmm that's what I was afraid of. It was always fun to play on PC because while the maps were large they always felt "full" when you had 32 or 64 player matches.

tn2007

Once you reach my skill level then talk peasant.

My SPM 785. MVPs 974
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Your SPM 518. MVPs 123 LOL!

GOML son. I'm a game changer. You are the guy that gets my leftovers (aka my bitch). But your my number one bitch and I'll let you repair my tank once armored kill comes out. Hahaha

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Really seks... that's all?

Your homoerotic banter does nothing for me, sorry. Just cut to the chase and kiss already.

Connection seems to be fixed "too many people on the line/too many people in the area/oversigned up for the line" error. They need to put a few more bandwidth lines down but for now I can play again.

tn2007

supermodels are overrated. and skinny. no ass, no ass at all.

936full-kate-upton.jpg

Kate Upton says hello.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Isn't player count more of a hardware limitation than a bandwidth issue? Consoles are just too old and weak. They were barely as powerful as average PC's when they launched, and now they're just outdated shit boxes.
but i still love them

JJD

MS won't have it at the bandwidth limitation (Sony has waived it with UC3)
XBOX fans won't have it if PS3 has it.

What do you mean by that?

Isn't player count more of a hardware limitation than a bandwidth issue? Consoles are just too old and weak. They were barely as powerful as average PC's when they launched, and now they're just outdated shit boxes.
but i still love them

While I'm pretty sure that hardware limitations could be an issue preventing Dice from raising the player cap, they have gone on record claiming that BC2 didn't have more players on each team due to bandwidth limitations imposed by the hardware manufacturers (they mentioned MS, but Sony has then as well).

So I guess they could do it on BC1 and 2 but it probably wouldn't be as easy on BF3 even with the reduced destruction. The game already seems like it barely functions sometimes.

but i still love them

I would believe the MS bandwidth limitation considering Sony has Stawhawk (32 players in some modes) and MAG (100ish? 200ish?).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mag's largest game mode has 256 players.

At the cost of insulting graphics for the sake of performance (not to mention it doesnt' render the full 256 players on the map. Only the ~32 players in your viewpoint/360 area of a small area... like... half a square mile-in-game).

DICE could up the playercount but what good would that do? Make the maps slightly more lively? Okay, but that isn't going to change the fact that rounds are going to be lopsided because the MAPS still aren't fixed.

Dreamgazer said:
MS won't have it at the bandwidth limitation (Sony has waived it with UC3)

Er-Uncharted 3 is still 12 players versus, 3 players co-op?

Top Bottom